• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turf has been approved in Lincoln for this coming season

Started by DogInTheHat, April 25, 2016, 01:02:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogInTheHat

Do the Lincoln Wolves deserve a turf field this season? Who would you like to see with a turf field in the near future?

legendarywolf

Lincoln is NOT getting turf!  What a surprise that someone is on Fearless and has no idea what they are talking about.  Now there is a group of people that are attempting to raise money to finish Fieldhouse and turf field.  Sad that our community is having to raise the money due to zero support by administration and school board.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: legendarywolf on April 25, 2016, 04:04:01 pm
Lincoln is NOT getting turf!  What a surprise that someone is on Fearless and has no idea what they are talking about.  Now there is a group of people that are attempting to raise money to finish Fieldhouse and turf field.  Sad that our community is having to raise the money due to zero support by administration and school board.
I would bet that a lot of 4a schools don't have the money for turf.

WPWells

Quote from: DogInTheHat on April 25, 2016, 01:02:54 pm
Do the Lincoln Wolves deserve a turf field this season? Who would you like to see with a turf field in the near future?

Why do they "deserve" turf?

Oldbadger

Quote from: DogInTheHat on April 25, 2016, 01:02:54 pm
There isn't a team in the state who "deserves" turf.  They just get it because somebody  thinks it would be nice.  And it is. But, how does a team deserve it?

whippersnapper

April 25, 2016, 09:56:33 pm #5 Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:59:03 pm by whippersnapper

Lumberjackfan1978

But turf is nice to have, but I always thought Warren had a real nice natural grass fields one of the best

AirWarren

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on April 25, 2016, 10:52:26 pm
But turf is nice to have, but I always thought Warren had a real nice natural grass fields one of the best

Yep. Warren has always had a beautiful field.

Pack_Mentality

Quote from: legendarywolf on April 25, 2016, 04:04:01 pm

Would be shocked if Lincoln got turf. This statement is all to true about zero support. Would love to see the football program have comparable facilities to the basketball program, but just don't ever see that happening with the current admin.

Oldbadger

I was always so embarrassed when we had teams come to Lincoln to play and we had no place for them to dress except for inside the gymnsium.

GuvHog

Quote from: Pack_Mentality on April 26, 2016, 10:50:07 am
Would be shocked if Lincoln got turf. This statement is all to true about zero support. Would love to see the football program have comparable facilities to the basketball program, but just don't ever see that happening with the current admin.

Maybe they should just make a deal and offer to name the field after the nearest bank if the bank will finance the Turf.

Big Papa Wolf

Quote from: Oldbadger on April 26, 2016, 03:56:15 pm
I was always so embarrassed when we had teams come to Lincoln to play and we had no place for them to dress except for inside the gymnsium.

That beats where we make our own kids go. Having portable toilets for them to use at halftime is inexcusable. At least we have the money to pee away on all 4 of our gyms because we refuse to finish the fieldhouse.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas