• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turf has been approved for Lumberjack Stadium.

Started by Superjack45, January 12, 2016, 10:48:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Be nice for them to get to playing on it this upcoming season.

Superjack45

Yeah a little color on the field will be nice (Orange and Black) in some form or fashion.

Lumberjackfan1978

Yea be nice if they have it for this coming season

cuckoobird

Orange field with black lines and numbers. That should be worth one win a season with those orange uniforms

Jack1990

Oh that would be terrible!  Reminder of Boise State or Eastern Washington.  ugh!

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on February 05, 2016, 10:29:16 am
Orange field with black lines and numbers. That should be worth one win a season with those orange uniforms

Boo. Thumbs down.

zebradynasty

For the love of god...put as little orange on that field as possible! :o

Made

Biggest question.......axes or big W in middle of field?

AirWarren

Quote from: zebradynasty on February 05, 2016, 11:10:19 am
For the love of god...put as little orange on that field as possible! :o

Haters gonna hate! Ha

SUGARTOWN

In all honesty I think ya'll should have checkerboard end zones like Tennessee.

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 05, 2016, 12:14:29 pm

Orange and black checkers would be awesome. I actually thought About that the other day as well.

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on February 05, 2016, 12:18:28 pm

Orange and black checkers would be awesome. I actually thought About that the other day as well.

That would look good!

AirWarren

AirWarren

I noticed that Dennis Daniels and Hayden Lassiter are included in the top 50 for 2017 per Hootens.

Jack1990

Yep.  Got Daniels at #24 and Lassiter at #49.

cuckoobird

I thought of that too but then the Boise field came to mind

Radiotalker

Quote from: AirWarren on February 05, 2016, 12:18:28 pm

Batesville has this already.

AirWarren

I thought there's was lines but not squares. But oh well. Haha. I'm sure it looks good.

whippersnapper

I think if y'all got some big ole axe logos stretched out across the end zone could look cool

AirWarren

I'm sure they have it all planned out. Axes would be cool to have on the field somewhere.

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: AirWarren on February 05, 2016, 03:07:03 pm
I'm sure they have it all planned out. Axes would be cool to have on the field somewhere.
Lumberjack on the 50, Axes on the 20

LJ06

I took this sentence out of a salineriverchronicle.com article about the turf in early January:

"He shared with the board a rendering of the proposed Warren field with the logs in the center of the field."

AirWarren

Unless someone blind or ignorant comes up with it(see Boise state and UCA), you can't really mess up a field turf design.

Jack1990

KASH dba The Lumberjack

February 06, 2016, 09:23:16 pm #124 Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:25:15 pm by KASH dba The Lumberjack
Think the end zones are supposed to be a solid color, not checkered. If the end zone is black then JACKS will be orange, if it's orange, the writing will be black. As long as I don't have to paint that "W" again, I could care less what they decorate the 50 with. Ole Bo has a slight superstition so I bet the field will look pretty close to how it's been painted the last 8-9 years.

AirWarren

I think it's going to look great with whatever design is made. Can't wait to see the finished product.

polksalet

Good to hear scrapper ville east is getting turf. It'll help keep the kids' feet warm when they rush for 600 again this year.

Romeo

I would assume Coach Hembree wants that turf installed ASAP. I always thought Warren's offense played smoother on turf field rather than natural grass.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: polksalet on February 07, 2016, 02:46:16 am
Good to hear scrapper ville east is getting turf. It'll help keep the kids' feet warm when they rush for 600 again this year.
I would have thought all that running would have kept there feet warm.

Romeo

I don't know how millage votes work, but the Warren School District should consider getting a millage vote for a new school and gymnasium.

Superjack45

Quote from: Romeo on February 09, 2016, 09:19:30 pm
I don't know how millage votes work, but the Warren School District should consider getting a millage vote for a new school and gymnasium.
Will be happening sooner than most think.

Qhcaoc

If they are going to practice on it they do not what any black on it except the endzones it is already much warmer than practicing on grass.

Eddie Goodson

Crossett millage passed last night. New high school and gym will begin construction before the end of this year. Exciting times in Crossett, AR right now.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Superjack45 on February 09, 2016, 10:54:45 pm
Quote from: Romeo on February 09, 2016, 09:19:30 pm
Will be happening sooner than most think.
we sure need a new gym and new elementary school

AirWarren

Jack1990

Axley was going to happen no matter what.  Doesn't affect the decision to install turf at Jim Hurley.

AirWarren

I figure it was specifically going to help with youth soccer leagues/etc.

Jack1990

My understanding is that it will be primarily focused on youth soccer. The school soccer teams will play on the new turf.

AirWarren

That's good. Help with the youth soccer program.

~WPS~

Warren may not be the only 4A school that upgrades their field this year.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 16, 2016, 08:13:47 pm
Warren may not be the only 4A school that upgrades their field this year.
Best of luck

Jimbo Morphis

Gray lizard

Good for Warren on the turf.  I think. 
Just wondering how some of the first teams that went to turf are liking them.  What is the age of the oldest ones?

Lumberjackfan1978

Yeah I think it will be nice, but Warren had a good grass field one of the best they took good care of it, only one year I can remember when it just rained every day or every other day it was pretty bad

AirWarren

I see in the online paper, that the bidding process has begun.

Jack1990

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on March 25, 2016, 04:06:33 pm
I see in the online paper, that the bidding process has begun.

You have the link to that?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas