• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turf has been approved for Lumberjack Stadium.

Started by Superjack45, January 12, 2016, 10:48:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Superjack45

Warren looking at getting Turf and I just wanted to know what some of you think real grass or Turf which is better?

dc24

Personally, I would rather put that money towards a new basketball gym.  It's about need, not want.

I do think turf will happen though and it is probably better than natural grass and would end up saving us money in the future.

AirWarren

New gym? New turf?

Please. Those babies at eastside elementary need a new school.

Jack1990

Minutes from School Board meeting from November 16 said the following -

Other items on down the road to be looked into are a new gym and PE facility at a cost of $6-9 million, new school at Eastside at an estimated cost of $6.8 million.  Mr. Acklin talked about the soccer facilty and possible turf for the football field.  He noted that turf was not at this time a part of the master plan and that an estimated cost would be $600,000.

Romeo

It looks like the turf would be funded through private funds if done.

Jack1990

January 13, 2016, 07:14:37 am #5 Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:57:46 am by Jack1990
I'd say that is the most likely way for it to happen.  And preliminary talks and feelers have been sent out.  Just have to find enough donors for the $600-700,000

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on January 13, 2016, 07:14:37 am
I'd say that is the most likely way for it to happen.  And preliminary talks and feelers have been sent out.  Just have to fine enough donors for the $600-700,000

I have heard though, with the charter school status, we have access to a lot more funds now. Don't know how true that is.

AirWarren

I'd say that is the most likely way for it to happen.  And preliminary talks and feelers have been sent out.  Just have to fine enough donors for the $600-700,000

OMP. Potlatch. Armstrong. The banks. Maxwell. Private donors. The hospital doesn't seem to be in the best of shape right now. You think there will be enough money to fund the turf?

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on January 13, 2016, 07:57:51 am
I'd say that is the most likely way for it to happen.  And preliminary talks and feelers have been sent out.  Just have to find enough donors for the $600-700,000

OMP. Potlatch. Armstrong. The banks. Maxwell. Private donors. The hospital doesn't seem to be in the best of shape right now. You think there will be enough money to fund the turf?
I would remove Potlatch from the list.  They have become exceedingly more and more difficult to gain financial support from in recent years.  Which is sad to see considering how long they have been a part of the community. 

Jack1990

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on January 13, 2016, 08:00:05 am
Quote from: AirWarren on January 13, 2016, 07:57:51 am

I would remove Potlatch from the list.  They have become exceedingly more and more difficult to gain financial support from in recent years.  Which is sad to see considering how long they have been a part of the community. 

We could always replace them with the Clearwater paper mill that is downtown.

WPWells

SUGARTOWN

Man, I hope ya'll can raise the money. I passed through there at Christmas and there's not much there as far as businesses. Maybe some private donors like Stuttgart got can get you some of the money you need.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I wish Warren would just upgrade to a better grass  hybrid that could withstand a football season. Thing is, soccer plays on the same field and believe it or not, ruts up the surface more than football. I see turf within the next couple of years

SUGARTOWN

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 13, 2016, 10:46:49 am
Do any schools in the 8-4A have turf?

Monticello. However, they have an 800k$ field with a 15k$ program. Our program is solid with or without fake grass.

TIGER101

Turf sucks.  Stay traditional and fix what you have.  A turf field will make you soft.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Romeo on January 13, 2016, 07:06:56 am

AirWarren pledges $200K

AirWarren

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on January 13, 2016, 01:21:06 pm
Quote from: Romeo on January 13, 2016, 07:06:56 am

AirWarren pledges $200K

That's sofa change.

500k$.

Romeo

When I win the lottery tonight the turf is on me.

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on January 13, 2016, 10:34:02 am
I wish Warren would just upgrade to a better grass  hybrid that could withstand a football season. Thing is, soccer plays on the same field and believe it or not, ruts up the surface more than football. I see turf within the next couple of years

Here is the thing. I thought we were going to have a separate facility being built specifically for soccer? Soccer won't be played on the football field at that point. Also, the facility could use a facelift. New and improved scoreboards, press box could use a complete remodel, the ticket booths could be redone, and so forth.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on January 13, 2016, 01:29:06 pm

I already told my wife. If I win the lottery, I would donate a lot of money to Warren High School.

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on January 13, 2016, 01:30:35 pm
Quote from: Romeo on January 13, 2016, 01:29:06 pm

I already told my wife. If I win the lottery, I would donate a lot of money to Warren High School.

Me and mine said the same thing. 

LJ06

From my understanding just two months ago a new Eastside school and new gym were at the top of the line on the priority list. Now it's look like through a private funding this turf could be the first thing that gets done. A turf is not a need whatsoever just a nice want on the want list. Warren desperately needs a new Eastside and I'd be embarrassed to play in that gym of ours too. A turf needs to be one of the last things we put in. Also sounds like if we get turf we may not build the Axley Field soccer complex and just straight up use the football stadium as a multipurpose facility.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on January 13, 2016, 01:34:43 pm
From my understanding just two months ago a new Eastside school and new gym were at the top of the line on the priority list. Now it's look like through a private funding this turf could be the first thing that gets done. A turf is not a need whatsoever just a nice want on the want list. Warren desperately needs a new Eastside and I'd be embarrassed to play in that gym of ours too. A turf needs to be one of the last things we put in. Also sounds like if we get turf we may not build the Axley Field soccer complex and just straight up use the football stadium as a multipurpose facility.

Yup. Couldn't have said it better myself.

But if so someone has already agreed to fund it privately, then so be it. But a new eastside school and new gym better get taken care of at some point.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on January 13, 2016, 01:45:43 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on January 13, 2016, 01:34:43 pm

Yup. Couldn't have said it better myself.

But if so someone has already agreed to fund it privately, then so be it. But a new eastside school and new gym better get taken care of at some point.

Yup been hearing a lot of complaining over this issue. Many feel the other needs need to be taken care of before the sporting needs which I can agree. You already have a grass field that is one of the best in 4A, but have a crumbling elementary school. Which should be the priority?

AirWarren

January 13, 2016, 01:53:57 pm #26 Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 01:58:20 pm by AirWarren
That elementary school was old in 1990 when I started there. I'm 30 now...no telling what it's like now.

Romeo

From my understanding the funding to pay for the new soccer field was through grants. I thought they were on the construction phase of the new field.

Maynard G Krebs

You should drop soccer.  One less thing to worry about funding.  While I'm at it, everybody should drop soccer.  I will now go into seclusion for my own safety, maybe it will be safe for me hanging out with El Chapo after making such a suggestion😀😀

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on January 13, 2016, 02:07:34 pm
From my understanding the funding to pay for the new soccer field was through grants. I thought they were on the construction phase of the new field.

I haven't been by the soccer field in a long time. I don't know if they have started work on it or not.

AirWarren

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on January 13, 2016, 02:13:44 pm
You should drop soccer.  One less thing to worry about funding.  While I'm at it, everybody should drop soccer.  I will now go into seclusion for my own safety, maybe it will be safe for me hanging out with El Chapo after making such a suggestion😀😀

Big fan of the English premier league sir. As far as el chapo, go ahead and shoot him dead. Worthless individual.

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on January 13, 2016, 02:19:52 pm
I haven't been
by the soccer field in a long time. I don't know if they have started work on it or not.

I'll try to run by there when I get back home from work.  Didn't notice anything last night at the basketball game but it was dark when I got there.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Superjack45 on January 12, 2016, 10:48:02 pm
Warren looking at getting Turf and I just wanted to know what some of you think real grass or Turf which is better?
no idea, don't know anyone that has ever smoked turf.

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

You should drop soccer.  One less thing to worry about funding.  While I'm at it, everybody should drop soccer.

Then where would we get our kickers?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 13, 2016, 02:55:18 pm
You should drop soccer.  One less thing to worry about funding.  While I'm at it, everybody should drop soccer.

Then where would we get our kickers?

Okay, green cards for kickers from other countries, but still drop soccer on domestic soil😀

~WPS~

January 13, 2016, 03:36:40 pm #36 Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 03:38:30 pm by ~WPS~
Quote from: TIGER101 on January 13, 2016, 12:42:35 pm
Turf sucks.  Stay traditional and fix what you have.  A turf field will make you soft.
How many 4A or below public schools that had turf won a state title? Charleston is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

LJ06

There is no construction taking place yet anyway.

Jack1990

Quote from: LJ06 on January 13, 2016, 04:02:58 pm

I concur

Billie Blue

Quote from: AirWarren on January 13, 2016, 10:55:22 am

Monticello. However, they have an 800k$ field with a 15k$ program. Our program is solid with or without fake grass.
15k$ program don't know where you get those figures from  if we have that kind of program then you all have a 10k$ basketball program and 1$ gym

AirWarren

You're really taking it to me Billie blue.

Yes. We know the gym sucks. That's why the majority of warren people want a new gym.

And yes. The Monticello football program has been a POS since 2009. Nice field. Sucky program.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on January 13, 2016, 04:02:58 pm

It will be halted at this point. Especially if there is a movement to turf Jim Hurley jr stadium.

LJ06

Quote from: Billie Blue on January 13, 2016, 05:49:11 pm

15k$ program don't know where you get those figures from  if we have that kind of program then you all have a 10k$ basketball program and 1$ gym

Sorry we all can't be the basketball school of 8-4A

cuckoobird

Quote from: LJ06 on January 13, 2016, 07:35:45 pm
Quote from: Billie Blue on January 13, 2016, 05:49:11 pm

Sorry we all can't be the basketball school of 8-4A
basketball isn't a sport anyway.

cuckoobird

If I had won the lottery I would have paid for the turf too just so I would get naming rights...

OB11

Quote from: ~WPS~ on January 13, 2016, 03:36:40 pm
How many 4A or below public schools that had turf won a state title? Charleston is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Harding Academy plays on turf.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on January 14, 2016, 09:07:25 am

it's not theirs.

OB11

Quote from: Oldman on January 14, 2016, 09:32:06 am

it's not theirs.

Ok....I read the question as what 4A or below teams play on turf. 

AirWarren

it's not theirs.

Correct. It's Harding University's.

Did Glen Rose have turf when it was playing for state titles?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on January 14, 2016, 09:35:39 am

it's not theirs.

Ok....I read the question as what 4A or below teams play on turf. 
I know, wans't picking on you just making the point they didn't pay for turf.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas