• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3 @ Melbourne

Started by Head Lion, February 17, 2018, 12:37:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zebra73

It's sad,when Riverside girls lose, everyone looks at the bad instead of the negative! Last year was last year. Why bring up the past? I know this is an open forum to anyone,but come on people, winning isn't everything and kids are kids. Yes,im especially upset!!

NeaBaller21

I'd personally rather them lose in Regional finals than the first round of state. Maybe this loss will help them moving forward in State. I figure that was a wake up call for those couple of Seniors that they have to bring it every night regardless of their opoonent. Huge props to Mt View though.  Very solid team and should make a great run!

zebra73

Basketballfan13

February 25, 2018, 12:58:32 pm #303 Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:39:50 pm by Basketballfan13

General Lee

Quote from: zebra73 on February 25, 2018, 11:35:37 am
It's sad,when Riverside girls lose, everyone looks at the bad instead of the negative! Last year was last year. Why bring up the past? I know this is an open forum to anyone,but come on people, winning isn't everything and kids are kids. Yes,im especially upset!!

I'm assuming you mean positive and not negative in your post but I'm not sure. I mean they've only lost twice now so it couldn't have happened much! That's just the nature of the game. When there is a loss people try to figure out why they lost and break the game down. It's nothing negative towards the girls, they played hard. A Regional runner-up is a nice accomplishment. The only reason the past was brought up was because of how they lost. Game plan looked a lot like it. But if things go according to plan(they rarely do this time of year) then the Lady Rebels will have a chance at redemption when it really counts!
And Baller21, that wouldn't be a personal thing for you to have rather lost in the finals of the region rather than the first round of state! I'm pretty sure that would be every Rebel fan out there.

Hitman Warrior23

February 25, 2018, 01:23:03 pm #305 Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:27:06 pm by Hitman Warrior23
Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 25, 2018, 08:47:18 am
Lady Rebels have definitely played their way into a tougher bracket! I'm looking forward to that first round game with Lamar. Should be a good one.

Same with Lamar layed an egg against a good ctown team.  Just haven't been playing with any intensity lately. Well time to put up or shut up.   Needed to win Regionals but we didn't. So Riverside it is!

chickasaw fan

Well why don't you tell us the proper game plan General Lee. I'm sure the coach would LOVE to have your whole 2 cents worth. heck maybe UCONN or TENN will hire you down the road!!!

RedWolf275

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on February 25, 2018, 01:23:03 pm
Same with Lamar layed an egg against a good ctown team.  Just haven't been playing with any intensity lately. Well time to put up or shut up.   Needed to win Regionals but we didn't. So Riverside it is!

Hitman, it is what it is! Win or go home!

Hitman Warrior23

TruthHurts

Mountain View has been red hot the past couple of weeks.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: zebra73 on February 25, 2018, 11:35:37 am
It's sad,when Riverside girls lose, everyone looks at the bad instead of the negative!

Scratching head ????? I thought the bad was the same as the negative. LOL!

eamo8911

MV mercy-ruled Melbourne a week ago at Valley. . . The same Melbourne that Riverside had to battle with, granted it was at Melbourne.

Only two losses all season and they beat Melbourne, Hoxie, and Riverside, all in the top 5, all in the span of 8 days, but please keep saying how Riverside had an off night instead of giving MV their dues.

baller334

They only scored 43 points and I'm not a Riverside person but I bet they probably average about 70 a game. So I'd say they had an off night.

eamo8911

February 25, 2018, 10:36:42 pm #313 Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:09:04 pm by eamo8911
Quote from: baller334 on February 25, 2018, 09:55:25 pm
They only scored 43 points and I'm not a Riverside person but I bet they probably average about 70 a game. So I'd say they had an off night.

Of the teams the MV has played this season, 11 have winning records. Only 9 of Riverside's opponents do, and two of them are by only one game.

Of Riverside's schedule, only six opponents are still playing in the post-season, including MV, Hoxie, and Melbourne. Of MV's, 10 are still playing: the three from Region 3, Two Rivers (region winner), Harding Academy (region winner), Rose Bud, Bald Knob, GCT,  Riverview, and Star City.

Of course Riverside is going to put down 80 against teams like Armorel and Piggott.

Not to mention, MV has beat every 3A team they have played including 7 in the tournament this week.

C'mon now . . .

rebelparent

February 26, 2018, 02:42:13 am #314 Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:50:04 am by rebelparent
Yed props to MV for playing an excellent game.  Our girls have to stick with what they know and what works for them and wins their games.  5 in and 5 out..

Basketballfan13

Quote from: eamo8911 on February 25, 2018, 10:36:42 pm
Of the teams the MV has played this season, 11 have winning records. Only 9 of Riverside's opponents do, and two of them are by only one game.

Of Riverside's schedule, only six opponents are still playing in the post-season, including MV, Hoxie, and Melbourne. Of MV's, 10 are still playing: the three from Region 3, Two Rivers (region winner), Harding Academy (region winner), Rose Bud, Bald Knob, GCT,  Riverview, and Star City.

Of course Riverside is going to put down 80 against teams like Armorel and Piggott.

Not to mention, MV has beat every 3A team they have played including 7 in the tournament this week.

C'mon now . . .
I agree that riverside had trouble scoring because of MV defense, they are hard to get to the basket on. I thought MV would be favored by about 6 going into the game, but I wouldn't blame it on scheduling. Unless I'm looking at it wrong on maxpreps Riverside has played 18 games against teams with winning records and MV has played 15 games against teams with a winning record, but Riverside gets to play more games being a non football school so they can have a few easier games in there and still have a tough schedule. MV has a MUCH tougher conference schedule. Sometimes teams can't help it when there are weaker teams on their schedule especially when they are conference games. I'm sure playing 3 win Newport and cedar ridge or 0 win Wynne was not a great help for MV but they had to play them anyways. It would be great to see these two teams matchup again in the finals.

BoxNOne

February 26, 2018, 08:36:06 am #316 Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 08:52:21 am by BoxNOne
No doubt about it, Riverside played in probably the weakest combined conference in the state. Nobody, 3A or 4A, from that conference made state except the Lady Rebels. Nothing the Lady Rebels could do about that. They will have a chance to redeem themselves starting Wednesday!

zebra73

Basketballfan13

Quote from: zebra73 on February 26, 2018, 09:56:55 am
Hoxie????
They played Hoxie in a non conference game, but Hoxie isn't in their conference for regular season. Brookland was the only standout team in their combined conference this year.

BoxNOne

And Brookland didn't make 4A state either.

NEA Razorback olfan

February 26, 2018, 02:19:42 pm #320 Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:23:14 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: BoxNOne on February 26, 2018, 11:27:57 am
And Brookland didn't make 4A state either.

I didn't make the game but I heard we lost Loflin beginning of 2nd  qtr with knee injury vs Lonoke

teh29

No dog in the fight.. Watched the girls game with riverside v. Mv.  Great game.. Both deserved to win, unfortunately one had to lose.. Would love to see a rematch with the title on the line. #3 from Mv can flat out go! Great game by two very good, well coached teams! If these two play 10 times.. I wouldn't be surprised at all by 5-5 split! Great ball being played by both teams.. Looking forward to see how it shakes out!!

BoxNOne

Before this thread slips away I would like to commend Melbourne schools for their excellent job in hosting the Region 3 tournament. Great facilities and well organized. Concession stand food was also very good!

drybones

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 27, 2018, 08:34:33 am
Before this thread slips away I would like to commend Melbourne schools for their excellent job in hosting the Region 3 tournament. Great facilities and well organized. Concession stand food was also very good!
+1

Head Lion

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 27, 2018, 08:34:33 am
+1

YSpanther

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on February 26, 2018, 10:55:41 am
They played Hoxie in a non conference game, but Hoxie isn't in their conference for regular season. Brookland was the only standout team in their combined conference this year.
Thank goodness this combined conference nonsense is over with. If you are in a district, then you should play each other at least once before the district tournament.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: YSpanther on February 27, 2018, 01:12:55 pm
Thank goodness this combined conference nonsense is over with. If you are in a district, then you should play each other at least once before the district tournament.
+1000

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas