• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please post playoff reports / scores here

Started by sevenof400, October 20, 2013, 10:26:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Intelligentsia

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 01, 2013, 08:49:20 am
Quote from: User870 on November 01, 2013, 07:40:49 am
Quote from: sevenof400 on October 31, 2013, 09:22:58 pm
Quote from: Cross-Country Dad on October 31, 2013, 08:22:21 pm
Batesville beats Nettleton in 5 will face Paragould in the finals Saturday.

An all east final in the 5A is a bit of a shocker to me but best of luck to both teams.

Is this sarcasm? The west has dropped off significantly in volleyball since the departure of SS and Gwood

Not at all, User870.  I saw all of the East teams this season, a few of the West and Central (none of the South) and I just did not see / anticipate an all East final.  Admittedly I did not see many teams more than once so it probably wasn't the best sample on which to judge. 

As an aside, I would see the East getting much tougher next year with VV moving to 5A.

Full marks to Batesville and Paragould.
The fact that Pargould is playing mostly soph and juniors and Batesville starts two freshman a and a junior with three underclassman in the rotation, bodes well for those teams next year.  I think Nettleton has mostly seniors, but they just reload every year.  Yes, with the addition if Valley View and Green County tech almost always tough, just making the playoffs in the East will be quite  an accomplishment.

sevenof400

Following Henry Apple on Twitter, FS Southside is closing in on the 7A title.
Follow Henry on Twitter by clicking here.

sevenof400

AllStarSportsFan

Mansfield over Paris 3-1
Valley View over Mena 3-0

sevenof400

Quote from: AllStarSportsFan on November 02, 2013, 05:02:47 pm
Mansfield over Paris 3-1
Valley View over Mena 3-0

Thanks for those scores AllStarSportsFan, the AHSAA website was worthless today.

AllStarSportsFan

AllStarSportsFan

1-Adam-12

I was there for the first three matches. 

Southside pretty much did what they wanted against Bentonville.  Lady Tigers couldn't stop Drew Jones.

Paris won the first set and after Mansfield leveled the match the Lady Eagles had a chance to get the third game. When they didn't it seemed to deflate them a bit.

After VV dominated the first game Mena had them where they wanted them in the second game, but let it slip away.  The Lady Blazers then dominated the final game.

I'm sure the 4A will be happy to see VV going up to 5A.  Gives a program like Mena a chance to bring a championship to the West next season.  While they lose a couple of their hitters I think they'll be just fine.  But Westside will want to avenge that semifinal loss if they have the opportunity.

Paris has hammered at the door in 3A the last two seasons.  With Mansfield losing most of their starters, the Lady Eagles might have an opportunity next season.  And with Booneville dropping in there from 4A, 3A West will again be a very strong conference.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 01, 2013, 08:49:20 am
Quote from: User870 on November 01, 2013, 07:40:49 am
Quote from: sevenof400 on October 31, 2013, 09:22:58 pm
Quote from: Cross-Country Dad on October 31, 2013, 08:22:21 pm
Batesville beats Nettleton in 5 will face Paragould in the finals Saturday.

An all east final in the 5A is a bit of a shocker to me but best of luck to both teams.

Is this sarcasm? The west has dropped off significantly in volleyball since the departure of SS and Gwood

Not at all, User870.  I saw all of the East teams this season, a few of the West and Central (none of the South) and I just did not see / anticipate an all East final.  Admittedly I did not see many teams more than once so it probably wasn't the best sample on which to judge. 

As an aside, I would see the East getting much tougher next year with VV moving to 5A.

Full marks to Batesville and Paragould.

Just making the playoffs are n the East will be an accomplishment!! 

FT44

Valley View will be losing three seniors, but several freshmen, soph, and juniors will be stepping up. They had an outstanding year again for the last four years, with a 34-4 record. Beating Batesville, Jonesboro, Nettleton, Westside. Looking forward to competing in 5A.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: FT44 on November 03, 2013, 10:19:12 pm
Valley View will be losing three seniors, but several freshmen, soph, and juniors will be stepping up. They had an outstanding year again for the last four years, with a 34-4 record. Beating Batesville, Jonesboro, Nettleton, Westside. Looking forward to competing in 5A.

VV will certainly raise the level of play in the East5-A even higher.  We look forward to you joining our conference where you will face challenging games against Paragould, Nettleton, Batesville, and GTC. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas