• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjacks vs Arkadelphia badgers. 2017 state championship. Let’s get it started!!!!

Started by POTUS, December 01, 2017, 09:57:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think wins and who do you want to win?

Think Warren/ Want Warren
38 (38.4%)
Warren/Ark
21 (21.2%)
Ark/Warren
3 (3%)
Ark/Ark
37 (37.4%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: December 08, 2017, 05:42:42 pm

Redlinebacker32

I know you can't always go off of stats, but on paper it looks pretty even. Hopefully it's a good, competitive game that goes down to the wire! I've got Arky over the Jacks 22-21 on another game ending 2pt conversion. Good luck to both squads!

Dogpound2010

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

Danold Dump

Quote from: richboy on December 02, 2017, 06:09:48 pm
zion makes them go, hes like warrens traylon burks, take burks out of the robinson game you lose..
But Burks was not taken out of the Robinson game...we can play ifs and buts all day.  Dump says warren wins by 10..go Jacks dump on em...dump out

SUGARTOWN

The key to this game will be the same as the Robinson game. Can Arkadelphia effectively slow down Warren's wildcat package with Burks? If not, they'll lose, plain and simple. Robinson slowed it enough to potentially win, but 4 trips inside the 20 in the first half with only 7 points got them beat last Friday. Too many unforced errors (penalties) and turnovers for Joe T. That said, they were still one play away from winning.

The Badgers QB is better than Robinson's IMO, a much better runner for sure and that's something that Warren didn't have to account for with Tackett. RB Hatley is more shifty and probably faster than Ceazar, but certainly not as strong in traffic and open field. This will provide a different challenge for the Lumberjack defense. And they also had few late injuries in the game Friday night that may linger.

The Badgers defense is really good and they seem to have a knack for causing turnovers. They will need to cause some in order to win this game. I'm not sure they have the size up front to stop Warren though.

I'm going with Warren to win this one by a couple scores. I'd like to see Arkadelphia win however since it's been 30 years since they've won a title, but I don't think they get it done.

Trojanbird

Quote from: AirWarren on December 04, 2017, 08:13:56 am
Anyone know who is home and who is away?
Does it really matter once you get to the finals?  Playing on a neutral field no less!

Gray lizard

I will go with Warren in this game.  Just for the reason of experience in the big game.  I see this over and over in the playoffs.  If the teams look even the coaching and player experience just seems to come out on top.

AirWarren

Quote from: Trojanbird on December 04, 2017, 09:26:41 am
Does it really matter once you get to the finals?  Playing on a neutral field no less!

Oh I'm already planning where I'll be parking, that's all.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 04, 2017, 09:14:05 am
The key to this game will be the same as the Robinson game. Can Arkadelphia effectively slow down Warren's wildcat package with Burks? If not, they'll lose, plain and simple. Robinson slowed it enough to potentially win, but 4 trips inside the 20 in the first half with only 7 points got them beat last Friday. Too many unforced errors (penalties) and turnovers for Joe T. That said, they were still one play away from winning.

The Badgers QB is better than Robinson's IMO, a much better runner for sure and that's something that Warren didn't have to account for with Tackett. RB Hatley is more shifty and probably faster than Ceazar, but certainly not as strong in traffic and open field. This will provide a different challenge for the Lumberjack defense. And they also had few late injuries in the game Friday night that may linger.

The Badgers defense is really good and they seem to have a knack for causing turnovers. They will need to cause some in order to win this game. I'm not sure they have the size up front to stop Warren though.

I'm going with Warren to win this one by a couple scores. I'd like to see Arkadelphia win however since it's been 30 years since they've won a title, but I don't think they get it done.
Badgers QB is a better runner, compare him to Tacketts passing.

AirWarren

Danold Dump

Lets all quit wasting our time analyzing the two teams.  Here is my analogy..Warren is the better team...Who cares how much more talented the Arky qb is than the Robinson qb...It doesn't matter because Burks is fixing to tackle, catch, run, jump, score, stiff arm, drag, go mvp status all over the badgers all night long.  The Dump said it here first...dump out

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 04, 2017, 12:17:51 pm

Arm strength, probably about the same. Probably a little better decision maker than Tackett IMO.

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 04, 2017, 12:17:51 pm
Better runner than passer, but he can pass; strong arm, pretty accurate. Hasn't really had to pass when it counts.
So the more relevant question might be did JTR have success passing, or did their offensive success against Warren come from running the ball?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 04, 2017, 01:17:48 pm
Better runner than passer, but he can pass; strong arm, pretty accurate. Hasn't really had to pass when it counts.
So the more relevant question might be did JTR have success passing, or did their offensive success against Warren come from running the ball?

Mostly running the ball, they had one deep pass completion that I remember. Everything else was short stuff.

Chief_Osceola™

^ The dropped pass in the end zone over the middle behind the linebacker was a well-thrown ball.  That ended up being a big play because I think Robinson turned the ball over on downs that series inside the red zone.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 04, 2017, 01:31:49 pm
^ The dropped pass in the end zone over the middle behind the linebacker was a well-thrown ball.  That ended up being a big play because I think Robinson turned the ball over on downs that series inside the red zone.

Yes it was, should've been a TD. That was one of the missed opportunities in the first half. But that interception inside their own 15 earlier in the qtr really hurt.

FootBallar21

Quote from: AirWarren on December 02, 2017, 03:15:36 pm
Always picking against warren.

Dating back to the day Warren leveled Quan Tran On the opening kickoff against Mena in 2001

We like it. Everyone pick against Warren.

That completely changed that game too,  our best offensive player gets helicopter out after the first play.   But pretty confident I didn't pick against Warren then,  I was in that game and not on the message boards.    and I have since said I think that might be the "BEST" 4A team ever in Arkansas.     
I did pick against Warren against Mena in the state title a few years back and that didn't work out very well.   But looking at how well Arkadelphia has been playing and how if Robinson wouldn't of dug themselves such a big hole with first half turnovers they would of probably won that game,  I feel very confident that Arkadelphia will win. 

AirWarren

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 04, 2017, 02:03:29 pm
That completely changed that game too,  our best offensive player gets helicopter out after the first play.   But pretty confident I didn't pick against Warren then,  I was in that game and not on the message boards.    and I have since said I think that might be the "BEST" 4A team ever in Arkansas.     
I did pick against Warren against Mena in the state title a few years back and that didn't work out very well.   But looking at how well Arkadelphia has been playing and how if Robinson wouldn't of dug themselves such a big hole with first half turnovers they would of probably won that game,  I feel very confident that Arkadelphia will win. 
[/quote

And he picks against us again.....]

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 04, 2017, 01:31:49 pm

Yup, that ball was tipped slightly and messed the timing up for Tackett and Warren.

Great effort by the Warren secondary.

RyanLR

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 04, 2017, 01:45:58 pm
Yes it was, should've been a TD. That was one of the missed opportunities in the first half. But that interception inside their own 15 earlier in the qtr really hurt.
How about the perfect throw in double coverage for a TD called back by offensive pass interference?

AirWarren

Quote from: RyanLR on December 04, 2017, 02:28:06 pm
How about the perfect throw in double coverage for a TD called back by offensive pass interference?

Or the McKnight swing pass touchdown called back for the "illegal block" well behind the runner?

That should have ended the game right there.

SUGARTOWN

That was a heckuva catch. Not many in the state could've made that catch. Not sure it was double coverage though. I could be wrong.

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on December 04, 2017, 02:30:57 pm
Or the McKnight swing pass touchdown called back for the “illegal block” well behind the runner?

That should have ended the game right there.

Or Burks having forced to sit out on 4th and 1, despite that a timeout was called by Warren.

hogfan10

Quote from: Romeo on December 04, 2017, 02:40:58 pm
Or Burks having forced to sit out on 4th and 1, despite that a timeout was called by Warren.

Helmet come off?
If so wouldn't Warren have to call timeout in order for him to legally re-enter the game, w/o sitting for 1 play?

Jack1990

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 04, 2017, 02:47:07 pm
Helmet come off?
If so wouldn't Warren have to call timeout in order for him to legally re-enter the game, w/o sitting for 1 play?
Warren did call a time out, but I don't believe that would have allowed Burks to come back.  I don't think a coach can get the player back in that way.

hogfan10

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on December 04, 2017, 02:40:58 pm

I think Robinson set that fire behind their School to hope to give them an advantage with all the smoke. But what they didn't know, these boys grew up in the logging woods where timber is being cut and burned. That burning timber smoke was fuel. :D

Dart@1090

What an awesome match-up.  2 best teams in 4A with 2 best players in Burks an Hatley.  I think it will be close, but I am giving the edge to Warren.  But, should be a great game!

LAfootball fan

It was single coverage and the wr pushed off to make the reception.  Heck of a catch though.  The db was right there and the wr used BOTH hands to push off to create separation.  It would have been hard to see from the Robinson side of the field but was clear as day from the other side just due to the viewing angle.  The ref that threw the flag had a clear view of the infraction.  Surprised it was called because you see receivers do it all the time and get away with it most of the time.  Calls evened out during the game.  Robinson flagged more in the first half, refs made up the difference calling fouls  on Warren the second half and overlooking fouls on Robinson the second half.  All you have to do is watch the illegal chop block that injured a Warren defender on the first play of the  second half.  Robinson had  their chance to win  in overtime and Warren made the big  play on the goal line.  Like many said on here, Burks would be the difference in the game and he made the game saving tackle in overtime.

Romeo

If anyone wants entertainment, go to the Warren Lumberjack Facebook page and read the comments.

STUNNA

Quote from: Romeo on December 04, 2017, 04:53:06 pm
If anyone wants entertainment, go to the Warren Lumberjack Facebook page and read the comments.

A bunch of idiots

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I'm hoping that ref blaming isn't starting to set in. It'll spoil a great high school football game.

Jack1990

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on December 04, 2017, 04:53:06 pm

That bunch gets riled up easily

LJ06

hogfan10

Quote from: Jack1990 on December 04, 2017, 05:36:55 pm
Ref blaming in the playoffs...yeah...that makes sense.

Yea, because there hasn't been any complaints about the refs in this thread alone.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 04, 2017, 05:26:11 pm
A bunch of idiots

Oh come on, I'm sure that Warren is kinda new to modern conveniences like the internet/facebook, you should cut them some slack.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 04, 2017, 06:14:25 pm
Oh come on, I'm sure that Warren is kinda new to modern conveniences like the internet/facebook, you should cut them some slack.

Yes. Arkadelphia. The pinnacle of southwest Arkansas bumpkinism.

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on December 04, 2017, 06:17:08 pm
Yes. Arkadelphia. The pinnacle of southwest Arkansas bumpkinism.

If you say so, I guess it must be true.
I notice you left Warren after graduation, assuming you graduated.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 04, 2017, 06:25:20 pm
If you say so, I guess it must be true.
I notice you left Warren after graduation, assuming you graduated.

Yupx2.

But I left 3 years after college graduation.

STUNNA

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 04, 2017, 06:14:25 pm
nobody said they were all from Arky... saw some dumbness from both sides.. more from arky.. but definitely both sides.. lol.. my fave is the guy acting like warren has never seen a good runningback.. lol

jimbojack

Coach Eskola owes that injured kid an apology.  Teaching, or even just allowing kids to chop block repeatedly should be addressed by the AAA.  Watch the film.  It happened over and over again---and by multiple Robinson players.  Makes you wonder if it wasn't taught. Probably just ended the kid's career. 

hogfan10

Quote from: AirWarren on December 04, 2017, 06:29:40 pm
Yupx2.

But I left 3 years after college graduation.

What no employment (in Warren) for an educated man like yourself?
Surely you could commute? What about your kids?

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 04, 2017, 06:40:14 pm
nobody said they were all from Arky... saw some dumbness from both sides.. more from arky.. but definitely both sides.. lol.. my fave is the guy acting like warren has never seen a good runningback.. lol

Gotcha. Modern conveniences aren't always a good thing.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 04, 2017, 07:00:33 pm
What no employment (in Warren) for an educated man like yourself?
Surely you could commute? What about your kids?

I did work in the hospital Warren for a year. If that counts.

Kid is in central ark with me.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: jimbojack on December 04, 2017, 06:55:58 pm
Coach Eskola owes that injured kid an apology.  Teaching, or even just allowing kids to chop block repeatedly should be addressed by the AAA.  Watch the film.  It happened over and over again---and by multiple Robinson players.  Makes you wonder if it wasn't taught. Probably just ended the kid's career.
Is that how Pennington got hurt?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas