• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjacks vs Arkadelphia badgers. 2017 state championship. Let’s get it started!!!!

Started by POTUS, December 01, 2017, 09:57:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think wins and who do you want to win?

Think Warren/ Want Warren
38 (38.4%)
Warren/Ark
21 (21.2%)
Ark/Warren
3 (3%)
Ark/Ark
37 (37.4%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: December 08, 2017, 05:42:42 pm

POTUS

POTUS

Nacho

No doubt this is tough for the Badgers but I can't wait. See you guys next week.

beach bum

Arkadelphia is proving to be a great team, but I am not sure I have ever picked against Warren. I am not starting now.... Jacks win 28-21

mharris31696

I'll just beat the Warren posters to it, I hope us Arkadelphia fans can find the open gates to the stadium.

AirWarren

KASH dba The Lumberjack

RyanLR

Arkadelphia is a great team but I don't think they have the horses to hang with the Jacks. They couldn't stop the wildcat against Robinson and Treylon Burks runs it to perfection.

prHOG13

Quote from: RyanLR on December 01, 2017, 10:55:20 pm
Arkadelphia is a great team but I don't think they have the horses to hang with the Jacks. They couldn't stop the wildcat against Robinson and Treylon Burks runs it to perfection.
Not having Hatley was a huge factor in that Robinson/Arky matchup. They're healthy now. It'll be a great game

Hard for me to pick against the champs, but Warren has the best player in the state regardless of classification... and they've been there/done that. Arky is still a young team. Both teams are very good and big in the trenches and have good sideline to sideline speed.

Hope this one is televised so I can record it. Won't be able to make it down due to working a bball tourney in PR.

Best of luck to both squads and congrats on making it to the Rock. I've felt like these were the two best teams from start to finish.

POTUS

Quote from: mharris31696 on December 01, 2017, 10:30:17 pm
I'll just beat the Warren posters to it, I hope us Arkadelphia fans can find the open gates to the stadium.

darn gurrrrl

Nacho

I know this isn't welcomed here typically but i just think this, take it or leave it: Arky vs. Robinson was close without their best player. 21-17. Then Robinson just played a great game against Warren...i think it'll be close. Let's hope the Badger fans make it through the gate and that AirWarren wears a shirt with his name on it so we know it's him!

AirWarren

Quote from: Nacho on December 01, 2017, 11:12:57 pm
I know this isn't welcomed here typically but i just think this, take it or leave it: Arky vs. Robinson was close without their best player. 21-17. Then Robinson just played a great game against Warren...i think it'll be close. Let's hope the Badger fans make it through the gate and that AirWarren wears a shirt with his name on it so we know it's him!

I'll be there with my wife and on best behavior

RyanLR

Without Hatley Arky managed 95 yards and lost even though their defense forced 5 turnovers. Warren doesn't turn the ball over.
I'm taking Warren 28-21.

richboy

Quote from: RyanLR on December 01, 2017, 11:37:59 pm
Without Hatley Arky managed 95 yards and lost even though their defense forced 5 turnovers. Warren doesn't turn the ball over.
I'm taking Warren 28-21.
even without hatley and 95 yards total, robinson won in the final minute of the 4th, literally. Dont fool yourself because yall lost 😂  robinson would of finished 2nd in conference if hatley played.

FBfan79

I picked Arky to win over Robinson earlier this year.  I'd probably pick Arky again if they played round 2,  JMO. None of that matters though.  Warren has some studs and championship caliber coaching.  Tossup game for me.

bear for life

Them badgers by 10 that offense is rolling hard to stop want to see and different champion this year

AirWarren

urban legend2

I actually had these two picked to get to the Final before the year started. Arky is playing some good football right now, too. Should be a great one, but I rarely ever pick against Bo. Gotta go with the Jacks to finish the job.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Going to be another tough game this week for both teams. Both are playing good ball at the right time of the year.

DirtyDelph

Expecting a competitive game. I think the advantage goes to Warren if this turns into a passing/high scoring game. Arkadelphia has looked out of sync at time with turnovers and foolish penalties, but they definitely capitalize off momentum. The Southside game was close in the fourth and ended up being a blowout. Kicking could also be a factor. Arkadelphia has a very talented kicker/punter. Arkadelphia will face it's toughest challenge of the year, but I'm taking Arkadelphia in an upset over the defending champs 35-28.

Romeo

From my record, this should be at least the fifth meeting between Warren and Arkadelphia. Warren and Arkadelphia played each other from 1964-1967. Warren won in 1964 and 1967 (33-18). Arkadelphia beat us in 1966 (20-19). I don't know what the score was in 1965. Warren beat Arkadelphia in 2013 31-24. A victory on Saturday would be Bo Hembree's 190th coaching win.

Just did some research and made some text messages. Saturday would be the sixth game between Warren and Arkadelphia.

1964 Warren 31 Arkadelphia 6
1965 Warren 12 Arkadelphia 0
1966 Arkadelphia 20 Warren 19
1967 Warren 33 Arkadelphia 18
2013 Warren 31 Arkadelphia 24

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on December 02, 2017, 10:32:07 am
From my record, this should be at least the fifth meeting between Warren and Arkadelphia. Warren and Arkadelphia played each other from 1964-1967. Warren won in 1964 and 1967 (33-18). Arkadelphia beat us in 1966 (20-19). I don't know what the score was in 1965. Warren beat Arkadelphia in 2013 31-24. A victory on Saturday would be Bo Hembree's 190th coaching win.

Just did some research and made some text messages. Saturday would be the sixth game between Warren and Arkadelphia.

1964 Warren 31 Arkadelphia 6
1965 Warren 12 Arkadelphia 0
1966 Arkadelphia 20 Warren 19
1967 Warren 33 Arkadelphia 18
2013 Warren 31 Arkadelphia 24

You the man.

SCRAPYARD

I know what the jacks are capable of, the tradition, the coaching, the athletes, and I rarely count them out. I have Arky 38-28. Got to pull for 7-4a!!! Good luck to both teams on a fantastic year, and may there be safe travels and a injury free game. Good Luck to both teams!

HogNation

I'd like to see Arkadelphia win but it's too hard to go against Bo and the Jacks in this one.

Warren 27
Arkadelphia 21

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Kyle will be typing his article for the next 4 days after spell check he will have his 8 page assessment basically it will say Warren wins in a close one! I disagree I think Arky takes this one by 2 tds. 28-14.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on December 02, 2017, 02:25:18 pm
Kyle will be typing his article for the next 4 days after spell check he will have his 8 page assessment basically it will say Warren wins in a close one! I disagree I think Arky takes this one by 2 tds. 28-14.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It'll be pretty reasonable and I think Warren will prove, once again, next Saturday why they are the top program in 4A. Much respect for Arkadelphia, but Warren will make an example of them in this title game.

-Kyle

AirWarren

Jsmith48

Quote from: AirWarren on December 02, 2017, 02:47:39 pm
No respect. I love it.

Keep picking against us.

So to acknowledge that another team may have a chance of winning you feel as though your team isn't getting the respect they deserve? I think Warren is WIDELY respected for what they've accomplished over the years. Probably envied by some. Maybe it's you that's just a little insecure?

richboy

mharris31696

Quote from: AirWarren on December 02, 2017, 02:47:39 pm
No respect. I love it.

Keep picking against us.

I don't think you have anything to worry about with regards to respect. In 4A it's Warren and everyone else. I also think 90% of people that have any interest in this game will pick Warren if they are being honest so your woe as me talk wont work this week.

richboy

Quote from: Jsmith48 on December 02, 2017, 02:56:09 pm
So to acknowledge that another team may have a chance of winning you feel as though your team isn't getting the respect they deserve? I think Warren is WIDELY respected for what they've accomplished over the years. Probably envied by some. Maybe it's you that's just a little insecure?
i thought the same thing. I even picked warren over robinson this year....

AirWarren

Quote from: mharris31696 on December 02, 2017, 02:58:39 pm
I don't think you have anything to worry about with regards to respect. In 4A it's Warren and everyone else. I also think 90% of people that have any interest in this game will pick Warren if they are being honest so your woe as me talk wont work this week.

Please we have heard all year. 7-4a this. 7-4a that. People picking Warren to lose. Weak conference.

We just cut the head of the snake off last night.

Time to throw the body in the fire.

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 02, 2017, 03:11:28 pm
Arkadelphia Rolls,   42-21

Keep living the dream man. One day, one day you'll get a prediction against Warren right.  Gonna have to wait til next year tho.

-Kyle

richboy

Quote from: AirWarren on December 02, 2017, 03:04:01 pm
Please we have heard all year. 7-4a this. 7-4a that. People picking Warren to lose. Weak conference.

good thing were a 2 headed snake. Time for warren to meet the real 7-4 champion

AirWarren

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 02, 2017, 03:11:28 pm
Arkadelphia Rolls,   42-21

Always picking against warren.

Dating back to the day Warren leveled Quan Tran On the opening kickoff against Mena in 2001

We like it. Everyone pick against Warren.

AirWarren

Quote from: richboy on December 02, 2017, 03:14:37 pm
good thing were a 2 headed snake. Time for warren to meet the real 7-4 champion

I saw the "real 7-4a champ" play Bauxite.

I cannot wait.

richboy

Quote from: AirWarren on December 02, 2017, 03:16:47 pm
I saw the "real 7-4a champ" play Bauxite.

I cannot wait.
arky won 35-0. Arky averaged a mercy rule through the seaon and playoffs can warren say the same? Warren lost to lrc, barely beat an average watson chapel, let dumas put up 24 on you, let hamburg put up 20. Warren can score but your defense will be your downfall. I dont know how you dont see it

AirWarren

Quote from: richboy on December 02, 2017, 03:34:07 pm
arky won 35-0. Arky averaged a mercy rule through the seaon and playoffs can warren say the same? Warren lost to lrc, barely beat an average watson chapel, let dumas put up 24 on you, let hamburg put up 20. Warren can score but your defense will be your downfall. I dont know how you dont see it

We will see.

mharris31696

Quote from: AirWarren on December 02, 2017, 03:04:01 pm

Yes as a conference the 7-4A is the best, and yes the 8-4A is weak, but everyone knows how good Warren is. I don't know who the everybody is that picks Warren to lose but I think that's more of a hope they lose than really thinking they will lose. Warren is the team that everybody hates because they just win. Hopefully the "body" will have enough fight in it to take down the little ole poor Lumberjacks.

The starting defense in conference gave up five scores.  FIVE.  Dumas scored three times against our defense, Hamburg once and Dollarway once because our offense fumbled inside the Warren 15 yard line late in the 2nd quarter.  You don't even want to compare our non-conference schedule with Arkadelphia's because it's no comparison.  If Warren played the jokes the Badgers did in non-conference I'm more than confident that our defense would be able to have similar success.  Don't fault Warren for playing real competition--it'd be nice to see some other programs try to do that.

As for averaging a mercy rule throughout the season, we didn't quite achieve that.  But we have outscored our opponents by an average of 39-15.  So, I'll take an average victory of 24 ppg any day of the week.  We did mercy rule 9 straight opponents from Week 4 through the 2nd round, so we're doing alright. 

You just see a score and make assumptions, and you know where that will get you.  Warren's starting defense is VERY good, the 2nd and 3rd string are about average.  In the Hamburg game for instance, you realize there were some elevated freshmen playing on the defensive side of the ball in the second half with the majority of those points were scored.  But by all means, keep believing that Warren can't play defense.  The Badgers will find out first hand on Saturday just what the Lumberjack defense is capable of. 

I mean, I could say y'all gave up 26 to an Ashdown team that was missing Hill, and I believe Bishop as well.....so see, you can flip that both ways.  It's all fluff and message board banter.  The teams will decide it on the field and Warren has the best player in the state of Arkansas suiting up for them.  I think Bo, the coaching staff and fellow players like their odds in this one. 

-Kyle

AirWarren

Average Watson Chapel? LRCA?

Our non conference opponent record was 25-9. All teams made it to the playoffs.

Your nonconference was 9-23. One team made playoffs.

We ain't Sheridan. Or hot springs Hamilton or whoever y'all played.

Like I said. We will see.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on December 02, 2017, 04:25:08 pm

We aren't Robinson either... oh wait they couldn't beat them..

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on December 02, 2017, 04:25:08 pm

Yet their only loss on the year was to the team we just beat.

bear for life

Arkadelphia suppose to have beat Warren in 2013 refs gave Warren the game but this year Arkadelphia offense will expose Warren defense and no home field calls this time

STUNNA

Quote from: bear for life on December 02, 2017, 05:37:18 pm
Arkadelphia suppose to have beat Warren in 2013 refs gave Warren the game but this year Arkadelphia offense will expose Warren defense and no home field calls this time

War memorial is our home.. lol

LJ06

Quote from: bear for life on December 02, 2017, 05:37:18 pm

Oh lord already getting excuses out. Your offense isn't better than Robinsons.

richboy

Quote from: LJ06 on December 02, 2017, 05:53:02 pm
Oh lord already getting excuses out. Your offense isn't better than Robinsons.
they actually are even without zion arky was winning the game until the last minute of the 4th. Kept robinson to 14 the entire game. You wouldnt know unless you were at the game.

LJ06

Robinson had 5 turnovers against Arky, yet the Badgers still found a way to lose. Impressive.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas