• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It sure would be nice to see some activity in this forum this year!: Part MMXII

Started by sevenof400, July 02, 2013, 04:53:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

Waldron wins over Booneville in 4, and in another 4AW match Malvern sweeps Ashdown.

Valleysports

Tomorrow Night Diehard.  But who knows, we might play like we did last night.  Plus we have some weak spots, we'll be stronger next year, but for now it is what it is...

1-Adam-12

Atkins falls for the first time.  Jessieville beat them in 4 last night. Per Twitter.

sevenof400

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on September 25, 2013, 09:20:25 pm
Atkins falls for the first time.  Jessieville beat them in 4 last night. Per Twitter.

That would be non-conference though, right 1-Adam-12? 

On a related note, I wonder how Mansfield is doing this year....anyone seen them play this season?

ricepig

buck01ark2001

Mansfield is like 15-1 on the year.  Only loss was first game of year.  Has all 6 returning starters from state champ team.  Very strong team

sevenof400

Quote from: buck01ark2001 on September 26, 2013, 09:26:33 pm
Mansfield is like 15-1 on the year.  Only loss was first game of year.  Has all 6 returning starters from state champ team.  Very strong team

Thanks for that update Buck!

1-Adam-12

Booneville kayos Arkadelphia in 4.
Mena beat Malvern in 3.

And yes, Atkins and Jessieville was nonconference.

DogsWin7

I heard this morning that Waldron defeated Ashdown.

Also Greenwood 8th grade Volleyball team is making some noise...they won the tournament at Mansfield last week.  It's just reload at Greenwood.

Valleysports

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 27, 2013, 08:43:08 am
I heard this morning that Waldron defeated Ashdown.

Also Greenwood 8th grade Volleyball team is making some noise...they won the tournament at Mansfield last week.  It's just reload at Greenwood.

Ha ha they'd better move those 8th graders up to High School tonight then - Reload LOL!

1-Adam-12

Not surprised about the Waldron result but a bit taken aback by GW winning at Mansfield tournament.

I was able to watch them during pool play when we were off and there wasn't much that would have led me to believe that they would win it all.  Mena had their way with them and I think Paris' JV took a game as well.  They must have really come alive during bracket play. One thing I did like was that GW never gave up on any ball.

I left after Booneville was knocked out, but if I remember my brackets right the Lady Bulldogs would have had to go through Rogers, then Mena again, and probably Paris's varsity at the end.  Those three are salty.  Regardless, congrats to GW.

ricepig

Jonesboro over Batesville in 4, big conference match at home tomorrow vs Marion. Lady Canes move to 17-1 on the year.

1-Adam-12

Booneville takes care of Jessieville in 3 (25-19 25-9 25-16).  Big conference match for Booneville at Mena tomorrow.

TheHogHead

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2013, 08:18:41 pm
Jonesboro over Batesville in 4, big conference match at home tomorrow vs Marion. Lady Canes move to 17-1 on the year.
Have the Lady Canes met up with Nettleton this season?  I am just curious about Nettleton, and the other top 5A teams from the East look this year.

ricepig

Quote from: TheHogHead on September 30, 2013, 09:55:33 pm
Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2013, 08:18:41 pm
Have the Lady Canes met up with Nettleton this season?  I am just curious about Nettleton, and the other top 5A teams from the East look this year.

Yep, I believe they beat Nettleton in 5 a week ago. It was a sloppy match as J'boro had just played all day on  Sat in winning the play day at ASU and didn't seem to be all there. I think Nettleton is down a little from their norm.

Rigor Mortis

Paragould is the team to beat in the 5A East at the moment.  Perfect the first time thru in conference, including a sweep AT Nettleton.  In fact, they haven't lost a set in conference play yet.  I believe they have traded non-conference games with Jonesboro, won one, lost one. I believe Paragould's record is @ 18-2 at the moment.

Batesville is really improved and setting in 2nd, I think they have also beat Nettleton already.

ricepig

1-Adam-12

Mena sweeps Booneville.

That Mena bunch will be a tough out at state. Especially when state is on their home floor.  Almost anything we attacked they had an answer for.  This could be the year that a 4A title comes to the West.

Mena also beat Mansfield in 5 last night.

Blindsided

Lake Hamilton and Benton are the only teams in the 6A South that could win a game in the state tournament.  Benton is in 1st place at the moment in the South, with Hamilton one game back.  All the other teams are way down right now.  Bryant, who won the South last year, got rolled up by Benton last night 25-10, 25-19, 25-7. 

Valleysports

1-Adam-12

In the 4A West:

Booneville beats Ashdown in 4
Arkadelphia over Malvern in 3
Waldron @ Mena postponed until 10/14 (parent teacher conferences at Mena)

ricepig

Jonesboro runs their record to 20-1 with a 3-0 win over WM. Canes try to get revenge for their only loss tomorrow night as Cabot comes to town.

ricepig

sevenof400

Quote from: ricepig on October 08, 2013, 07:39:12 pm
Jonesboro runs Cabot out of the gym, 3-0, moves to 21-1.

Cabot must not have brought their referees with them..... ::)

Lionheart88

White Hall had Hot Springs down 2 sets to none and couldn't close it out (story of the year for the bulldogs, they don't know how to play with a lead). Hot Springs wins in 5 sets.

TheHogHead

Hot Springs is MUCH IMPROVED, those girls should be proud of how far they have come.

DogsWin7

Greenwood had a big conference win tonight over Mt Saint Mary.

Waldron I seen won their game as well. 

1-Adam-12

Booneville had a stumble at Malvern last night. Plays Waldron at home tomorrow. Pink Out match.

Valleysports

My wife said she felt real bad for Parkview.  She said that after dodging a lot of the jump serves, a little girl finally dug one up and her teammates were giving her love over it.  Said they had pretty good attitudes about it all.  I guess there just isn't much that can be done.  JV played the 3rd game.

sevenof400

Unfortunately, you do see a lot of mismatches in Arkansas high school volleyball.  Looking forward to the 2nd round (and beyond) of the upcoming state tournaments though.. anyone planning on attending any of the state tourneys?

Valleysports

Oh but she went on to say she remembered their basketball program and didn't feel near as bad after that..  :)

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 09, 2013, 09:17:13 pm
Oh but she went on to say she remembered their basketball program and didn't feel near as bad after that..  :)

Yeah, kind of hard to find too much sympathy when they leave their starters in and are still pressing. We never had a problem competing with the boys in basketball, but girls, that was a different story.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 09, 2013, 09:10:27 pm
Unfortunately, you do see a lot of mismatches in Arkansas high school volleyball.  Looking forward to the 2nd round (and beyond) of the upcoming state tournaments though.. anyone planning on attending any of the state tourneys?

I'm sure I'll try to catch some of the 6A tourney in Jonesboro.

Valleysports

In the beginning of this thread, I predicted Jonesboro vs Russellville.  Russellville has an Achilles Heal, this year, however.  I still stand by that prediction, but only because 90% of 6A teams don't have JO Type Players.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 10, 2013, 04:37:10 am
In the beginning of this thread, I predicted Jonesboro vs Russellville.  Russellville has an Achilles Heal, this year, however.  I still stand by that prediction, but only because 90% of 6A teams don't have JO Type Players.

Pretty much all of Jonesboro's kids play JO. We had one of the top programs in the south here in Jonesboro, it had the top players from Jonesboro, VV, Netteton, and Westside on it. Do a little study on how many state championships those programs have won. It's my understanding that they had some, err, problems, and now everyone has a JO high school team.

Valleysports

You mean they had some problems and that's why they didn't make it to the State Championship Game, with Russellville, last year?  Not much of a Championship game, blowing Greenwood out in 3.  Don't be Xscream and tell me to do some studying - I will not do it!   ;D

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 10, 2013, 11:00:59 am
You mean they had some problems and that's why they didn't make it to the State Championship Game, with Russellville, last year?  Not much of a Championship game, blowing Greenwood out in 3.  Don't be Xscream and tell me to do some studying - I will not do it!   ;D

Dude, you/we were talking about JO volleyball. All I can tell you is Jonesboro has 10-12 state championships in volleyball, I'm sure that is more than Russellville's. We had a coach leave in 2008 or so, and it set us back. We hired a Nettleton grad,who's daughter(D-I player now) played at VV, she left to be an assistant at VV to coach her. We then hired ASU's fired coach to coach our team, it's taken a while to get back on track. It's my understanding we are still sort of young, but we're having a decent season this year.

Valleysports

ha ha I'm very well aware of Jonesboro VB and Westside, perhaps more than you are...  We've followed JO ball for many years and been in a lot of tournaments with the Jonesboro Teams.  I'm ribbing you because you are out of your element.  I have always wondered what it was like for those JO Teams to play in the 6A.  It ain't much LOL.  You really should back off all that bragging about Jonesboro's 6A accomplishments in everything, it's kind of like the Hogs non conference schedule. 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 10, 2013, 01:48:13 pm
ha ha I'm very well aware of Jonesboro VB and Westside, perhaps more than you are...  We've followed JO ball for many years and been in a lot of tournaments with the Jonesboro Teams.  I'm ribbing you because you are out of your element.  I have always wondered what it was like for those JO Teams to play in the 6A.  It ain't much LOL.  You really should back off all that bragging about Jonesboro's 6A accomplishments in everything, it's kind of like the Hogs non conference schedule.

We won titles when there wasn't 7A/6A, in fact, we haven't won one since 2008.  If we win our city, VV, Nettleton, Westside, Brookland, we've had a good year. Sounds to me like you're a hater, or jealous, haha.

More state titles than any other school in Arkansas, deal with it.

DogsWin7

Valleysports

Well Russellville has a problem and I don't know if she's going to pull her head out before playoffs or not.  Playing school ball just isn't what JO is.. 

Lionheart88

Well, White Hall lost to Lakeside in 3 sets today.  I swear, every time they're close, within 3-4 points, but just can't quite finish.  Maybe we'll turn the corner and start winning in a year or two, now that we finally have a functioning MS/Freshman program, not just HS.

AT

1-Adam-12

In the 4A West:

Waldron over Booneville in 5.  This was a terrific match and could have gone either way.
Mena over Arkadelphia and Malvern over Ashdown, both sweeps.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on October 10, 2013, 03:22:31 pm
We won titles when there wasn't 7A/6A, in fact, we haven't won one since 2008.  If we win our city, VV, Nettleton, Westside, Brookland, we've had a good year. Sounds to me like you're a hater, or jealous, haha.

You sure are touchy!   ::)  Now you know I don't know that much about Arkansas High School Sports, especially the Jonesboro Golden Hurricanes, other than their JO Volleyball.  Or CARE!  LOL   I'm just saying, in some sports especially VB, 7A is a different game.  For example who has Jonesboro lost too this year outside of conference?  Average 7A schools.  Russellville won a VB State Championship last year - Whoo Hoo - wouldn't have made it to the Semi's in 7A.  Never been near Finals in Softball - won a state championship last year, nearly the year before, will win the next 2 yrs, couple of soccer state championships, state track championships.  Our parents want to get back in the 7A, just so we don't have to keep buying these ridiculous rings we're not even expecting.   

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 11, 2013, 06:29:31 am
Quote from: ricepig on October 10, 2013, 03:22:31 pm

You sure are touchy!   ::)  Now you know I don't know that much about Arkansas High School Sports, especially the Jonesboro Golden Hurricanes, other than their JO Volleyball.  Or CARE!  LOL   I'm just saying, in some sports especially VB, 7A is a different game.  For example who has Jonesboro lost too this year outside of conference?  Average 7A schools.  Russellville won a VB State Championship last year - Whoo Hoo - wouldn't have made it to the Semi's in 7A.  Never been near Finals in Softball - won a state championship last year, nearly the year before, will win the next 2 yrs, couple of soccer state championships, state track championships.  Our parents want to get back in the 7A, just so we don't have to keep buying these ridiculous rings we're not even expecting.   

Yeah, sure, so much so that you are losing kids to other school districts. I'm happy for the kids, I don't care what classification it's in. We've played and beat the 7A schools on our schedule, that's all you can ask for.

And for someone who doesn't care, you sure go out of your way to respond to my posts.
istricts.

Valleysports

Russellville is losing kids to other school districts?  That's why I respond, you make so many off the cuff miss informed post.  You are runaway train of misinformation.  Why in the world would you be posting on a Russellville Jr High Thread?  And you didn't even know how many Jr Highs Russellville had.  You just posted well ---- well then ------- well y'all are the biggest 6A ------ well.... ha ha   I know you're a Grouchy Old Man (about like myself) so it's all good!  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas