• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Baseball 2018

Started by WPWells, January 02, 2018, 11:40:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

Good news: Ole Miss lost to Bama tonight, so the Hogs still hold a 1 game lead in the West
Arkansas is 18-11, while Ole Miss is 17-12
Arkansas has clinched at least a share of the West title, and can win it outright with either a win tomorrow at UGA, or with another Ole Miss loss at Bama

Trojanbird

I wish we would just take it with a win!

bulldoghistorian

spoof1530

The odds don't favor us today. We are one of three teams that have yet to win a road series, with LSU and Tennessee being the other two. All three have a chance to break through today, with LSU having the best chance against Auburn. Tennessee must beat Missouri today in order to go to Hoover. My gut tells me that whomever wins betwen us and Georgia today will be a National Seed. It would be hard to make Arkansas a National Seed without a road series win, a 4-11 record on the road in the SEC, losing to Florida, Ole Miss, Georgia, and being swept Mississippi State. To many other good teams will be more deserving. We should still host a Regional, but will have to travel for the Super's. BUT, a win today could change everything.

WPWells

Quote from: spoof1530 on May 19, 2018, 07:45:10 am
The odds don't favor us today. We are one of three teams that have yet to win a road series, with LSU and Tennessee being the other two. All three have a chance to break through today, with LSU having the best chance against Auburn. Tennessee must beat Missouri today in order to go to Hoover. My gut tells me that whomever wins betwen us and Georgia today will be a National Seed. It would be hard to make Arkansas a National Seed without a road series win, a 4-11 record on the road in the SEC, losing to Florida, Ole Miss, Georgia, and being swept Mississippi State. To many other good teams will be more deserving. We should still host a Regional, but will have to travel for the Super's. BUT, a win today could change everything.

Wrong on the national seed. I'll trust experts over you

spoof1530

If your watching the so called experts on The SEC Network, they have a vested interest in saying that. Look at the facts that I listed before and include the facts that we have defensive problems at first base, have major problems getting a clutch hit when bases are loaded, and a couple of key players that are not 100% healthy right now. Unless we beat Georgia today, I don't see us being a National seed. I hope I am wrong, but we will see.  Go Hogs!!!

WPWells

Quote from: spoof1530 on May 19, 2018, 09:45:29 am
If your watching the so called experts on The SEC Network, they have a vested interest in saying that. Look at the facts that I listed before and include the facts that we have defensive problems at first base, have major problems getting a clutch hit when bases are loaded, and a couple of key players that are not 100% healthy right now. Unless we beat Georgia today, I don't see us being a National seed. I hope I am wrong, but we will see.  Go Hogs!!!

No I'm listening to literally every bracketologist, including Kendall rogers and Aaron Fitt  from D1 - the leading experts in college baseball

bulldoghistorian

Nothing for the 1st
Ramage to the mound

AirWarren

beach bum

Why on Earth send the runner at the end of the game? That was not deep enough to tag at all. It wasn't even that good of a throw and it took the catcher a split second to gather the ball AND he still was tagged out easily. Had the throw been right on he would have been out by an insane amount.

bulldoghistorian

Ag
Quote from: beach bum on May 19, 2018, 01:39:18 pm
Why on Earth send the runner at the end of the game? That was not deep enough to tag at all. It wasn't even that good of a throw and it took the catcher a split second to gather the ball AND he still was tagged out easily. Had the throw been right on he would have been out by an insane amount.
Yep! Just stupid!!!
We get snake bit once again!

bigworm

Quote from: AirWarren on May 19, 2018, 01:38:08 pm
Typical hog fashion.

Amen. I didnt see the end but i was certain we woupd sac bunt fletcger to tie the game. Small ball what beat us. They did .......we didnt. Van horn used to be a small ball guy. I dont remember the last squeeze ive seen from us. Oh well, its what i expected anyway. If we get a top seed we still have a shot

sportsguy80

Quote from: bigworm on May 19, 2018, 01:43:52 pm
Amen. I didnt see the end but i was certain we woupd sac bunt fletcger to tie the game. Small ball what beat us. They did .......we didnt. Van horn used to be a small ball guy. I dont remember the last squeeze ive seen from us. Oh well, its what i expected anyway. If we get a top seed we still have a shot
The fellas and I were thinking the same thing. Oh well...

bulldoghistorian

End of the 6th in Tuscaloosa, Ole Miss leads Alabama 7-6
If Bama comes back, the Hogs win the West outright.

bulldoghistorian

Ole Miss plates 3 in the 8th to take a 10-6 lead in Tuscaloosa.

beach bum

If Ole Miss wins are we the 4 seed in Hoover?? If so that seed stinks cause you get stuck in that late game that usually does not end until after midnight in the quarterfinals of the SEC Tournament.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: beach bum on May 19, 2018, 07:04:55 pm
If Ole Miss wins are we the 4 seed in Hoover?? If so that seed stinks cause you get stuck in that late game that usually does not end until after midnight in the quarterfinals of the SEC Tournament.
Yes that's correct
Ole Miss hangs on 10-8
We're the 4 seed

Trojanbird

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

1st pitch at 9:45 from here in Hoover
WPS!!!

bigworm

O came to play. And murphy dealin.

bulldoghistorian

We've come to Hoover and have meant business so far!!!

bulldoghistorian

So glad we were able to play when we did because it's storming pretty good down here!!

bulldoghistorian

LSU and Florida have been suspended until 10 AM do to fog.
LSU leads 10-0 in the bottom of the 6th

bulldoghistorian

Advantage for us tomorrow I wonder? We'll see

Trojanbird

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on May 26, 2018, 12:21:20 am
Advantage for us tomorrow I wonder? We'll see
I certainly hope that it works in our favor this time!

AirWarren

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on May 26, 2018, 12:19:11 am
LSU and Florida have been suspended until 10 AM do to fog.
LSU leads 10-0 in the bottom of the 6th

Good grief. Florida must be tanked.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: AirWarren on May 26, 2018, 07:40:07 am
Good grief. Florida must be tanked.
No doubt! They have really not played well since their series at Mississippi State last weekend where they were swept. Heard someone say they may not be the over all top seed when the field of 64 is released Monday.

AirWarren

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on May 26, 2018, 09:18:30 am
No doubt! They have really not played well since their series at Mississippi State last weekend where they were swept. Heard someone say they may not be the over all top seed when the field of 64 is released Monday.

LSU is going to be tanked too come this afternoon. Hope we smash them as well.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: AirWarren on May 26, 2018, 09:28:08 am
LSU is going to be tanked too come this afternoon. Hope we smash them as well.
Yes sir!!! And I hope we're the home team!!

bulldoghistorian

Fought hard, and were just a few feet from winning it. That's the disappointing thing of all.
We've done enough to be a national seed!!

bigworm

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on May 26, 2018, 08:12:18 pm
Fought hard, and were just a few feet from winning it. That's the disappointing thing of all.
We've done enough to be a national seed!!

I agree. LSU is hot right now. I would hate to see them coming to my regional.

beach bum

Do they announce the field of 64 on Monday and where everyone will be playing?

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: beach bum on May 26, 2018, 09:07:34 pm
Do they announce the field of 64 on Monday and where everyone will be playing?
Yes.
The 16 host sites will be announced tomorrow night around 7 or 7:30 I believe on NCAA.com, and the field of 64 selection show is Monday morning at 11 on one of the ESPN channels, not sure which one.

AirWarren

And Arkansas' quest for an SEC title that's not track, tennis, golf, and underwater basket weaving continues.......

beach bum

Awesome... Thank you as always for the info.

bulldoghistorian

Casey Martin named to the SEC all tournament team!!!

bulldoghistorian

We will host, it's official!
Selection show is at 11 AM tomorrow on ESPNU

bigworm

We should make it to omaha. Get hot and you never know.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: bigworm on May 28, 2018, 11:52:03 pm
We should make it to omaha. Get hot and you never know.
I agree!

bulldoghistorian

Lumberjackfan1978

beach bum

With the nature of this team, regionals seems a little more tricky than Supers if we can get to Supers. I like our chances at home in Supers just needing 2 of 3 at a place we pretty much don't lose at home even if against a really quality opponent. Regionals is a little weird if you drop that 2nd game cause that means 3 in row is needed after that. Regionals always throws out some weird results here and there between the 16 sites every year.... All that said, I think like the rest of you guys I see us cruising just fine here.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: beach bum on May 29, 2018, 10:29:23 pm
With the nature of this team, regionals seems a little more tricky than Supers if we can get to Supers. I like our chances at home in Supers just needing 2 of 3 at a place we pretty much don't lose at home even if against a really quality opponent. Regionals is a little weird if you drop that 2nd game cause that means 3 in row is needed after that. Regionals always throws out some weird results here and there between the 16 sites every year.... All that said, I think like the rest of you guys I see us cruising just fine here.
+1
I worry a bit about Southern Miss because they have a really good ace pitcher in Nick Sanlin who has an era under 2.
Luckily, he's going to have to throw Friday night against DBU.
I'm really glad they didn't send Tennessee Tech to Fayetteville, they lead the nation in home runs with over 100
Not saying we couldn't beat them, but to me, that is the most dangerous 2 seed in the entire field, and they could go to Oxford and give Ole Miss a run for their money.

WPWells

Quote from: spoof1530 on May 19, 2018, 09:45:29 am

So, about this

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

The postseason is here! Let's go Hogs!!!

bulldoghistorian

Knight sets ORU in order in the top of the 1st

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas