• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Outlook

Started by WPWells, December 30, 2016, 11:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Apparently CB has said he will be playing.

beach bum

September 21, 2017, 07:51:14 pm #651 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:01:44 pm by beach bum
Bert just confirmed that there was a scuffle and he has "minor" injuries. How are both guys not immediately suspended for the game? He has no control over anything. People make mistakes, but he didn't even make a statement as a leader. He literally played it off as " Young men get into arguments all the time so what's the big deal". That is what I heard come out of his mouth. He continues to prove he is lost in this job.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on September 21, 2017, 07:51:14 pm
Bert just confirmed that there was a scuffle and he has "minor" injuries. How are both guys not immediately suspended for the game? He has no control over anything. People make mistakes, but he didn't even make a statement as a leader. He literally played it off as " Young men get into arguments all the time so what's the big deal". That is what I heard come out of his mouth. He continues to prove he is lost in this job.
I wouldn't expect either to play the entire game if much at all

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 21, 2017, 08:38:05 pm
I wouldn't expect either to play the entire game if much at all

Martin wouldn't have even traveled with the team anyways.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 21, 2017, 08:51:31 pm

Martin wouldn't have even traveled with the team anyways.
Dont think he has touched the field yet anyway.

beach bum

You still suspend them both as a message.... Any decent coach would who has control.

RZback

Oh, Please!  You have no idea what happened, who caused it, or what the damage was.  If you suspended every kid who ever got into a fight at practice, half the kids in football would have been suspended.  You want a little fire in the belly and there is a difference between a push and shove and a few blows thrown when guys have helmets on, and a real, "I'm trying to end your career" type melee!

beach bum

September 22, 2017, 10:41:04 am #658 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:00:05 am by beach bum
Quote from: RZback on September 22, 2017, 09:47:49 am
Oh, Please!  You have no idea what happened, who caused it, or what the damage was.  If you suspended every kid who ever got into a fight at practice, half the kids in football would have been suspended.  You want a little fire in the belly and there is a difference between a push and shove and a few blows thrown when guys have helmets on, and a real, "I'm trying to end your career" type melee!

It was in the locker room buddy... That is totally different. It wasn't a heat of the moment thing in a heated play or series in practice. They let it fester and brought that crap to the locker room. Or these two guys have had issues off the field for a while. Just goes to show you the maturity level of them both. He enables his players to do whatever they want. You could tell that during our bowl game last year that none of our players fear him or respect his leadership. AND anytime I witnessed a fight while growing up in practice YES they were handed down some sort of punishment by our coach. It's because he had leadership. Do you let the kids run the show or is the coach running the show?

AirWarren

Let's hope he goes to Nebraska.

Then we can bring in the next hot up and coming Derek Dooley.

beach bum

BB is literally going to set our program back even further the longer the guy stays here.... We have to move on from him. He will never win more than 8 games here..... 8-4 is literally his ceiling in the regular season. We need a coach that can get us to 10-2 every 5 years or so with 8-4 as the normal season. Not the ceiling.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on September 22, 2017, 11:09:32 am
Let's hope he goes to Nebraska.

Then we can bring in the next hot up and coming Derek Dooley.

Well they will more than likely know how to evaluate the talent they recruit much better than the current coach. I am sure anyway will be better at that than BB.

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on September 22, 2017, 10:41:04 am
It was in the locker room buddy... That is totally different. It wasn't a heat of the moment thing in a heated play or series in practice. They let it fester and brought that crap to the locker room. Or these two guys have had issues off the field for a while. Just goes to show you the maturity level of them both. He enables his players to do whatever they want. You could tell that during our bowl game last year that none of our players fear him or respect his leadership. AND anytime I witnessed a fight while growing up in practice YES they were handed down some sort of punishment by our coach. It's because he had leadership. Do you let the kids run the show or is the coach running the show?

Now, there you go.  You said he should have suspended them and now you are saying some sort of punishment was handed down.  I bet some sort of punishment was handed down.  And by the way, I'm not a BB fan. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: RZback on September 22, 2017, 11:33:02 am
Now, there you go.  You said he should have suspended them and now you are saying some sort of punishment was handed down.  I bet some sort of punishment was handed down.  And by the way, I'm not a BB fan.
May want to read that again, I think. He said his coach handed out punishment. This has not been announced by CBB that I know of.

However he had handled punishments well so far. I wouldn't expect Whaley to get many snaps, if any.

Longfellow

I've said it before and I'll say it again, HIRE LES MILES

Jacketman65

Quote from: AirWarren on September 19, 2017, 03:36:05 pm
He is too busy defending the "foundation" on hogville.
I think that maybe he has switched over to the real team in the state!

High Voltage

How does anyone know that punishment wasn't handed down? He may have handled it in house and run their tails off. Sheeesh people, lighten up. It was a fight, things get heated at times. It's a contact sport. :P

bdubyab60

Quote from: High Voltage on September 23, 2017, 08:04:00 am
How does anyone know that punishment wasn't handed down? He may have handled it in house and run their tails off. Sheeesh people, lighten up. It was a fight, things get heated at times. It's a contact sport. :P
He hasn't run them off. He said Whaley would play. Plus you aren't going to run off a 5* running back over one altercation. As I said I would expect Whaley to have his snaps reduced today. If he starts then there has been no serious punishment handed out.

As for Martin I've heard rumors he has been a problem since he has been on campus. Just rumors. If these are true along with this he could be sent packing but who knows at this point.

High Voltage

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 23, 2017, 08:13:26 am
He hasn't run them off. He said Whaley would play. Plus you aren't going to run off a 5* running back over one altercation. As I said I would expect Whaley to have his snaps reduced today. If he starts then there has been no serious punishment handed out.

As for Martin I've heard rumors he has been a problem since he has been on campus. Just rumors. If these are true along with this he could be sent packing but who knows at this point.
lol, I meant run their tails off as in actually running wind sprints! You know conditioning?

LRRandy

This is a game the Hogs win. Based on how the offense performed last game a win shouldn't be expected. But who expected them to shut down Florida last year and dominate a good Gator defense? This is a win. I'm no sunshine pumper. It's just what I think happens.

bdubyab60

Quote from: High Voltage on September 23, 2017, 08:57:15 am
lol, I meant run their tails off as in actually running wind sprints! You know conditioning?
I think a short statement saying it's been handled would suffice then. One would think anyways

Longfellow

Why the Razorbacks uniforms look like Ohio State?

bleudog

Quote from: Longfellow on September 23, 2017, 11:11:47 am
Why the Razorbacks uniforms look like Ohio State?

'cause Jerry says so.

bleudog

beach bum

21-7.... If we pull this out do not be shocked if Sumlin is fired tonight or tomorrow. I am being dead serious too.

WPWells

Can't allow those big plays

beach bum

Quote from: WPWells on September 23, 2017, 12:14:37 pm
Can't allow those big plays

That was massive him being called out of bounds when he was blatantly not..... All A&M can do is get big plays. They can not move the ball in prolonged drives taking a lot of plays to score and I knew they wouldn't punch it in after that.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on September 23, 2017, 12:08:30 pm
21-7.... If we pull this out do not be shocked if Sumlin is fired tonight or tomorrow. I am being dead serious too.

Ive Been calling this the uHaul bowl

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 23, 2017, 12:20:28 pm
Ive Been calling this the uHaul bowl

That's funny..... Honestly what Enos has done with Hayden getting direct snaps and Kelly too getting short yardage plays I think it will help us score enough TD's in the red zone to wins game like South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Missouri too. It won't help when we play those top defenses like LSU, Auburn, and Alabama but I could see it being enough to get to 7 wins now from what we are seeing. With the buyout 6 or 7 and he stays in Fayetteville. Sumlin is gonzo.

beach bum

Cornelius carted off  ??? ..... He is one of the guys I actually admire on this team the effort he brings on a weekly basis. That sucks if it is long term.... Like more than a couple week injury.

WPWells

Other teams make adjustments and we don't

beach bum

Quote from: WPWells on September 23, 2017, 01:22:38 pm

A&M is finally getting our D spread enough that they can run up the middle off of that...

nastynice

Quote from: WPWells on September 23, 2017, 01:22:38 pm
Bert's been famous at that since Day 1. Unacceptable at this level.

beach bum

We literally are incapable of passing when it is an obvious passing down....

bdubyab60

Big plays killing us as usual against A&M

bdubyab60

Abosolutely must get a stop here

bdubyab60

Hopefully that last TD pass was just the thing for AA to get going

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 23, 2017, 02:15:10 pm
Abosolutely must get a stop here

Wow, just wow.... kick return TD for Kirk. That guy is killing us.

bdubyab60

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 23, 2017, 02:18:01 pm
Uh that's not a stop

I can't believe we even just kicked straight to him. He has blazing speed.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on September 23, 2017, 02:18:49 pm
I can't believe we even just kicked straight to him. He has blazing speed.
yeah he's fast

bdubyab60

When you have a pocket to pass out of look what happens

bleudog

I don't know who's going to win this thing, but it's been a heckuva game.

beach bum

Quote from: bleudog on September 23, 2017, 02:30:29 pm
I don't know who's going to win this thing, but it's been a heckuva game.

Whether we win or lose I am not going to dog the team.... It could be cause A&M isn't good, but we have played respectable today.

beach bum

September 23, 2017, 02:35:04 pm #694 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:37:38 pm by beach bum
Absolutely horrible clock management by A&M..... The commentator was correct. A&M should have spiked it on first down. Sumlin is so pathetic he was playing not to lose.... instead of playing to win. He is something else. I don't care if you have a freshman QB. You got to let him throw once or twice to win.

bdubyab60

Looking like OT. And that's why Sumlin is on the hot seat as well

bdubyab60

Entertaining game at least

The Future

Dang.
I told a buddy today if it goes to overtime I don't feel like we can get it done.

Boy I hope I'm wrong

Well it was closer than many thought. A close defeat while still sucks is still better than a blowout.

Mistakes and goofs on both sides of the ball by both teams.
The coach that wins will secure his job for a while longer while the losing coach better work hard to turn the season around.

beach bum

Quote from: The Future on September 23, 2017, 02:40:48 pm
Dang.
I told a buddy today if it goes to overtime I don't feel like we can get it done.

Boy I hope I'm wrong

Well it was closer than many thought. A close defeat while still sucks is still better than a blowout.

Mistakes and goofs on both sides of the ball by both teams.
The coach that wins will secure his job for a while longer while the losing coach better work hard to turn the season around.

Let's see if this 2nd kicker comes in to play...

bdubyab60

An A&M turnover would be great

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas