• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott @ Clinton

Started by jay nelvin, November 09, 2018, 09:41:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AmSycho

Quote from: AmSycho on November 14, 2018, 09:59:40 am
My dad is better than your dad, your dad is just average. He can only bench 225, it doesn't matter if he can squat 450, it's all about the bench, he's just average. Nothing about your dad stands out. Remember a few weeks ago when they went fishing together and my dad caught one more fish than your dad becuase your dad's line broke, that means that my dad is better. Your dad is average. It doesn't matter that they both qualified for the fishing tournament. Your dad is average. This may be the first time my dad beat your dad, but that's because your dad is just average. My dad is better.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 14, 2018, 10:01:37 am
Sounds like Booneville with the Rays!

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 14, 2018, 09:41:54 am
According to sax2play8 Prescott is just an average 3A team, Clinton will more than likely mercy rule Prescott.

Don't get em all riled up, CW.

elmerfudd

Haha I'm not gonna lie, the Ray's have a legitimate argument in that topic. Three generations of 1,000 yard rushers. Those guys are very humble though. Good family.

AmSycho

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 14, 2018, 10:13:29 am
Haha I'm not gonna lie, the Ray's have a legitimate argument in that topic. Three generations of 1,000 yard rushers. Those guys are very humble though. Good family.

Agreed.

Jimbo Morphis

Bearcatdad

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 14, 2018, 10:13:29 am
+1

Curleywolf Fan

November 14, 2018, 11:17:27 am #255 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 11:20:23 am by Curleywolf Fan
Quote from: sax2play8 on November 14, 2018, 09:44:41 am
Didnt say it would be a mercy rule. Yes I think Prescott is and average team. And I do believe Clinton will win this one
If were average than Smackover is just as average since we were up 20 to 7 at halftime against you and fumbled going in your end zone to go up 2 touchdowns and put the game out of reach. We were ahead the whole game except for the last couple minutes when we gave you a gift and you capitalized on it. You will see how average you are when you play Osceola!  Remember you won by 1 point because of our gift to you so if we're average you're average! 😁

Hawgeye

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 14, 2018, 11:17:27 am
If were average than Smackover is just as average since we were up 20 to 7 at halftime against you and fumbled going in your end zone to go up 2 touchdowns and put the game out of reach. We were ahead the whole game except for the last couple minutes when we gave you a gift and you capitalized on it. You will see how average you are when you play Osceola!  Remember you won by 1 point because of our gift to you so if we're average you're average! 😁
So, you're hoping Osceola can do something your Prescott team could not. That is basically what you are saying here between all the excuses.

HeberFan

Back when I played, we should have won every game. Problem was sometimes we didn't score enough or gave up too many points, or both. Otherwise we would have been undefeated!

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 14, 2018, 11:17:27 am
Home Field in High School Football is generally worth 7 points when both teams are comparable.  So, Technically, We won by 8.  Thanks for the "Gift" anyway. ;D

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Hawgeye on November 14, 2018, 11:27:25 am
So, you're hoping Osceola can do something your Prescott team could not. That is basically what you are saying here between all the excuses.
No on another thread I told this person I was pulling for Smackover to make it to the finals and I was sure he felt the same so it could be a all 5-3a championship game and he comes back and said he is pulling for Clinton and I said okay but the reason I think you're not pulling for Prescott is because you don't want a rematch with us. I would love to play Smackover again but I told him it probably wouldn't happen because I don't see them getting past Osceola. My opinion.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 14, 2018, 11:37:27 am
No on another thread I told this person I was pulling for Smackover to make it to the finals and I was sure he felt the same so it could be a all 5-3a championship game and he comes back and said he is pulling for Clinton and I said okay but the reason I think you're not pulling for Prescott is because you don't want a rematch with us. I would love to play Smackover again but I told him it probably wouldn't happen because I don't see them getting past Osceola. My opinion.
And if you guys get past Clinton, you will likely not beat Booneville.  So I guess the point is moot either way.

Curleywolf Fan

All I know is we hope to see you in the finals and I think the Buckaroos don't feel the same way. Maybe a little scared I don't know. I will give you credit horse shoe because I think you picked  us to beat Clinton.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 14, 2018, 11:47:53 am
All I know is we hope to see you in the finals and I think the Buckaroos don't feel the same way. Maybe a little scared I don't know. I will give you credit horse shoe because I think you picked  us to beat Clinton.
Yes, I have you guys in my Final Four.  I really don't think we will make it that far.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 14, 2018, 11:51:04 am
Yes, I have you guys in my Final Four.  I really don't think we will make it that far.
Maybe you will. I hope so because I think it would be fun and make our conference look good to have a all 5-3a final.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: HeberFan on November 14, 2018, 10:04:36 am
You misunderstand the term "average."  In an eight team conference, the top three teams are above average, the middle two are average, and the bottom three are below average. Therefore, when 4 and 5 seeds make the playoffs, that puts "average" teams on the bubble of making post-season play or not.  It's just applied statistics.
Your definition suggests that the average teams have all been eliminated in the first round.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 14, 2018, 12:07:19 pm
Your definition suggests that the average teams have all been eliminated in the first round.
Except for Clinton. ;D ;D

Horse Shoe

Low hanging Fruit.  Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself.

HeberFan

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 14, 2018, 12:11:33 pm
Except for Clinton. ;D ;D

I simply defined "average" from an applied statistics perspective. Some "average" teams miss the playoffs, others advance to post-season play. Some "average" #4 and #5 seed teams beat objectively above average teams. No implication on performance.

thevoice

Hootens picked the #8 vs #9 game of the week instead of this one?  Seems odd to me. 

snoopy22

Skip Baymore

Quote from: AmSycho on November 14, 2018, 09:59:40 am
My dad is better than your dad, your dad is just average. He can only bench 225, it doesn't matter if he can squat 450, it's all about the bench, he's just average. Nothing about your dad stands out. Remember a few weeks ago when they went fishing together and my dad caught one more fish than your dad becuase your dad's line broke, that means that my dad is better. Your dad is average. It doesn't matter that they both qualified for the fishing tournament. Your dad is average. This may be the first time my dad beat your dad, but that's because your dad is just average. My dad is better.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Take a couple of Valium and he'll be even better.

Kevin

I seem to have missed the action

AmSycho

Kevin

I feel like everyday there's one thread that is just dangerous to say something on haha

HeberFan

I predict above-average turnovers Friday night, across the state. Cold hands and nervous kids.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: HeberFan on November 15, 2018, 08:19:06 am
I predict above-average turnovers Friday night, across the state. Cold hands and nervous kids.

Nah.  It aint gonna be that cold.  And its just round 2.

Kevin

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 15, 2018, 08:20:02 am
Nah.  It aint gonna be that cold.  And its just round 2.
Once the game gets started those boys should be used to it... Maybe not tho, never know

HeberFan

Just thinking about underclassmen on a cold night, with the most pressure of the season. Hide and watch!

Kevin

Quote from: HeberFan on November 15, 2018, 08:22:58 am
Just thinking about underclassmen on a cold night, with the most pressure of the season. Hide and watch!
Oh I can only imagine! Its worse for them than us in the stands

HeberFan

Quote from: Kevin on November 15, 2018, 08:24:56 am
Oh I can only imagine! Its worse for them than us in the stands

Just looked at the new weather forecast. Gametime temps in the 40s. Ignore my earlier post about turnovers.

Kevin

Quote from: HeberFan on November 15, 2018, 08:26:10 am
Just looked at the new weather forecast. Gametime temps in the 40s. Ignore my earlier post about turnovers.
It's crazy how it goes from snowing wednesday to 40s-50s friday. Glad to hear that though

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Kevin on November 15, 2018, 08:27:41 am
It's crazy how it goes from snowing wednesday to 40s-50s friday. Glad to hear that though
Arkansas weather

Kevin

Quote from: Oldman on November 15, 2018, 08:37:20 am
Arkansas weather
If I had a nickel for every time I heard that one! haha

KOJACK

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 13, 2018, 02:01:23 pm
I just wanna stop by and say Hi to my ole buddy Kojack!
Hey old buddy...Hopefully you guys can survive a couple of more weeks so we can rekindle what we once had  ;D

CoolBreeze

November 15, 2018, 11:07:42 am #284 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:10:43 am by CoolBreeze
Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 14, 2018, 12:12:57 pm
Low hanging Fruit.  Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself.
Not low hanging at all and inconsistent with previous posts.  By the definition my post referred to, the top two teams in each conference are above average.  Thus, you statement re Clinton does not follow.

HeberFan

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 15, 2018, 11:07:42 am
Not low hanging at all and inconsistent with previous posts.  By the definition my post referred to, the top two teams in each conference are above average.  Thus, you statement re Clinton does not follow.

Your definition of "average" is about right for the classic Bell Curve model. Ranking the top two teams puts 25% of the teams as "above average" in an eight-team conference. It creates a broad 50% as average, and the same 25% as below average. Statistically tidy.

FBGM501

Can everyone on this thread agree that elmer fudd is just basically a crazed football fan that doesn't have any clue what he is talking about.  ;D ;D ;D

HeberFan

Quote from: FBGM501 on November 15, 2018, 12:48:20 pm
Can everyone on this thread agree that elmer fudd is just basically a crazed football fan that doesn't have any clue what he is talking about.  ;D ;D ;D

That's charitable of you.

elmerfudd

Quote from: FBGM501 on November 15, 2018, 12:48:20 pm

My wife would probably agree....wait.....Ima Jean, is that you?!?

HeberFan

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 15, 2018, 01:30:30 pm
My wife would probably agree....wait.....Ima Jean, is that you?!?

Elmer Fudd's wife was known as.... cleverly.... Mrs. Fudd.  Seems that Disney didn't put much work into her character. She had red hair, however!

elmerfudd

Quote from: HeberFan on November 15, 2018, 01:40:19 pm
Elmer Fudd's wife was known as.... cleverly.... Mrs. Fudd.  Seems that Disney didn't put much work into her character. She had red hair, however!

I love a redhead!!

Although i believe it was the Warner Brothers, instead of Disney.

HeberFan

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 15, 2018, 01:43:43 pm
I love a redhead!!

Although i believe it was the Warner Brothers, instead of Disney.

Guess I didn't put too much work into that last post, either!

sodkiller

Any info on where to park or which gate visitors will need to enter?

HeberFan

Quote from: sodkiller on November 15, 2018, 01:49:55 pm

Ignore the advice of Robert Frost, and, follow the crowd instead.

Horse Shoe

November 15, 2018, 02:11:19 pm #294 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 02:14:08 pm by Horse Shoe
Quote from: sodkiller on November 15, 2018, 01:49:55 pm
Park and Enter on the East side.  It will save you a lot of walking. 

sodkiller

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 15, 2018, 02:11:19 pm
Park and Enter on the East side.  It will save you a lot of walking.
Thanks

elmerfudd

Quote from: HeberFan on November 15, 2018, 01:48:52 pm
Guess I didn't put too much work into that last post, either!

If there's one thing I do know, it's Looney Tunes!

CoolBreeze

elmerfudd

gold45

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 11, 2018, 08:10:41 pm
Coming from the same person who said Charleston was gonna beat Clinton by 10. We all saw how that went. I think everyone is gonna be surprised at how good Clinton really is by Friday. It's going to be a good game.

And when was the last time you picked your team to lose?  Prescott by 2 scores.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas