• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A State Tournament @ Lonoke

Started by 1-Adam-12, October 24, 2016, 08:51:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1-Adam-12

In my opinion, this is the most wide open of the tournaments.  Any of four, maybe five teams could win it all while at the same time there are others that can't be overlooked despite a lower seeding.

I think Westside, Mena and the winner of a probable Shiloh/Brookland matchup are the three big favorites.  The host Lady Rabbits, by not winning their district tournament, ended up with a potentially tough first-round matchup with Pocahontas and then would likely have to play Mena.

All of the 2/3 matchups in the first round have great potential to go four or five games.  Fountain Lake/Huntsville and Berryville/Booneville in particular could be thrilling matches.

arkcrash

Will any team be streaming the games this week?  Thanks

1-Adam-12

I don't think any of them can because of AAA rules.

arkcrash

Donnie Jamon

1-Adam-12

October 26, 2016, 01:21:46 pm #5 Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:23:38 pm by 1-Adam-12
1st round winners (number of games):

Mena (3)
JB Westside (3)
Berryville (3)
Lonoke (3)
CAC (5)
Huntsville (4)
Shiloh (3)
Brookland (4)

Our (Booneville) match with Berryville was very tight most of the first two sets, but when we couldn't get that second game it kind of took the wind out of our sails.

We will lose a middle, a setter and a DS.  All of our outside hitters will return along with the other middle, the other setter and the libero.  Those last three were only sophomores this season.  Plus we get back our 6-1 middle who didn't play this season, and several role players who filled in well in a pinch.

I'll probably go over to Paris tonight, tomorrow or both to catch some of the 3A.

1-Adam-12

Winners so far today:

Westside (4)
Huntsville (3) The Lady Eagles upset CAC, and the first 1 seed goes down.

1-Adam-12

The other winners from last night:

Mena (3)
Brookland (4), beating Shiloh 26-28, 25-23, 29-27, 25-20.  Those scores alone point to what must have been an outstanding match.

Semifinals:  JB Westside vs a surprising Huntsville team, and Mena vs Brookland in a battle of red and black Ladycats.

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

1-Adam-12

Wow, didn't Huntsville get on a roll right when it counted!  They were only the 3rd seed from the NW.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland over Huntsville 3-1

Brookland Lady Bearcats State Champs

moe99expedition

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas