• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football Camp in June at Brinkley High!!!!

Started by jbtiger73, March 19, 2014, 05:07:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbtiger73

There will be a football camp at: Rusher Field at Tiger Stadium on the campus of Brinkley High School. Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. and the camp starts about 10:00 a.m. to time on when it will end yet at the moment. myself, along with camp coordinator Cameron McMath, (former all state and all star Linebacker at Brinkley High), will bring former college & NFL players from around that area to be instructors in various college and pro style drills and a 7 on 7 competition to end the day. open to all schools. we will be getting info to coaches very soon. or if you have a child that plays, and want to bring the individually, you will be able to. some coaches we've talked to already will come as a team. I will be posting additional info here very soon. we will have lunchfor the athletes. and best of all, its all FREE!!!!!!!!!! Hope I see some of you posters there.

MomaLion

That's awesome.  I hope Coach Thrash is bringing our guys.

jbtiger73

he will. we've talked with him already. he's supposed to help us out as well

MomaLion

He's young and eager...that is rubbing off on the kids as well so I'm exited to see what this season brings :-)

jbtiger73

me too. just hope the parents get more involved in both towns. it was pretty sad regardless of the records, at the brinkley at clarendon football game this past season, that the home bleachers were'nt halfway full. and it's supposed to be a rivalry game. it was that way at brinkley a couple years ago as well.

MomaLion

I agree about the support...I was at every game though :)

jbtiger73

THA TRUTH

People don't like to watch to bad teams play ball

MomaLion

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 20, 2014, 07:41:15 pm
People don't like to watch to bad teams play ball
Some people lol...i'm there rain or shine, win or lose.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 20, 2014, 02:07:19 pm
I know you were there. loud and proud.
Oh gosh, you know I was loud lol.  I always have been  ;D

jbtiger73

but does it matter if they are bad or not? u seem like a fair weather bandwagoner to me. you should support your team, regardless of the record. and this is a topic about the camp thats coming up. take that negativity somewhere else.

jbtiger73

Quite a few coaches have called about it. Expecting a big turnout.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 21, 2014, 07:21:17 am
but does it matter if they are bad or not? u seem like a fair weather bandwagoner to me. you should support your team, regardless of the record. and this is a topic about the camp thats coming up. take that negativity somewhere else.

I am far from a bandwagoner my friend but it's not my fault the team I go for wins every year I guess that would make the lower level of intelligence people think that though so u are forgiven

jbtiger73

And what have you done to contribute to their success again?

THA TRUTH

Ummm idk maybe play on a  state championship team might be a good enough answer for u

jbtiger73

Uh oh. Look at him. Glad for u. But im not talking bout whem you played eons ago. Im talking about now.

THA TRUTH

Wasn't that long ago my friend but it all builds towards success

MomaLion

Yea yea, JC is the grand poobah, all knowing, end all be all...that's not what this thread is about so unless you have something to contribute besides the same crap you sling everywhere else, why are you here???

jbtiger73

BAAAAZZZZZIIINNG!!!!!!  ;D. I guess you're gonna get that fortune 500 job you were always dreaming about because of that state title, huh? not your education or community service. it's that. smh at you my friend. but you are gonna go a long way in life thinking like that my friend. sky's the limit....NEXT!!!!

Lions84

This is great for Monroe County and Eastern Arkansas.  This is plenty close for folks from Forrest City down to Carlisle and Dewitt.

Lions84

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 21, 2014, 07:21:17 am

Several of my classmates who still live in Monroe County have lamented the lack of butts in the seats the past 3 years.

jbtiger73

that was definitely our intention 84. we know a lot of those kids cant afford to go to the big time camps or have a place to showcase their skills. there is a lot of talent here in this part of the state that gets overshadowed by NWA and some of central AR. we're just hoping colleges all over the state take notice of some of the athletes that are going to be there. maybe they'll find that diamond in the rough that will help their team excel. we're hoping anyway.

Lions84

That is great the Hogs abandoned the Delta for years till Ken Hatfield got  Kerry Owens and some others were recruited out of Stuttgart. I know the Ricebirds claim him but he went k-11 at Clarendon and I played with him so he is one of ours. Then from 1984 we waited to the Cedric Houston era to get him and Big Scott Davenport up on the hill. 

jbtiger73

yea 84. I came out the same year with Ced. he was one of my good friends in school. im happy to say from 7th grade up to our senior year, they only beat us once. and that was ironically our senior year. guess they were due one, at least. lol. I played against scott my tenth grade year as well. he was definitely a great player as well. I just knew from what ced told me in high school, that there were a lot of politics about the reasoning of him going to Tennessee and not UofA.

Lions84

He was buried on the Depth chart at UA and we all know Nutt was Nuts.

jbtiger73

aww yea, he was definitely that. I currently work with former hog Elliot Harris from Marianna. and he shares football stories from his time on the hill all the time. he talks great about Davenport, matt jones and others. they are very interesting stories quite frankly.

Lions84

Best of Luck getting plenty of help for your camp and it is a horrible shame that Tiger and UA Great Jerry Elwood is not able to come and talk to the kids.  I am old enough to have seen him keep that 12 game win streak over Clarendon going in the early 1970's!

jbtiger73

well yea. he's in Chicago now I believe. but we do have his grandson playing for us though. all 6'1, 215 lbs of him. and he's going to be a junior next year. plays running back and line backer. he's a better lb than anything tho. led the team in tackles and rushing yards. including 187 rushing 3 tds, 17 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles vs. your lions. sorry 84. had to say it tho. lol. hope u can forgive me bro. 

Lions84

That is fine I can still enjoy our classes 3 peat over Buck 81,82,83 You got us the year after I got out that fall of 84.

jbtiger73

hey, I would enjoy it too, if I were you. any win is a good win in my opinion. I think we have yall in week 3 or 4 this year. which really sucks. I hate this conf. realignment crap. lol.

MomaLion

Yea, I like having y'all end of season better.

Lions84

I would love to see the Tigers and Lions in the 3 round of the playoffs next year.

jbtiger73

Lions84

We always had hard hitting clean games with Buck and Holly Grove  But Altimier Red Devils and Cotton Plant were the worse.

jbtiger73

wow, 84 that's too far back for me. lol. but I had a lot of uncles that played football for cotton plant during that time too.

Lions84

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 31, 2014, 12:16:46 pm
wow, 84 that's too far back for me. lol. but I had a lot of uncles that played football for cotton plant during that time too.

In the Early 1980's they still planted spring cotton on the field at Cotton Plant and harvested it right before the season started then they bush hogged the field.  So you had cotton stock sticking out of the ground and they used real lime to mark the lines.

jbtiger73

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lions84 on March 31, 2014, 02:53:21 pm
Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 31, 2014, 12:16:46 pm

In the Early 1980's they still planted spring cotton on the field at Cotton Plant and harvested it right before the season started then they bush hogged the field.  So you had cotton stock sticking out of the ground and they used real lime to mark the lines.

DOn't know which would be worse....the Cotton Stalks...Or the problem they claim to have had at Sparkman of fireants....One would stab you the other could eat you alive...Man those must have been the days ;)

jbtiger73

I remember going to Dermott, and seeing those there as well

Lions84

As Big E he is old enough to remember Cotton on the Field at Cotton Plant in early August.

Lions84

When we went to Cotton Plant to play we had to report a hour early to the Field House so Rudy Henderson could tape all our Forearms from Wrist to Elbow.  Us Linemen got our hands taped boxer style by Rudy.  We had a kid not do that when I was in the 10 grade and he got a staph infection in his arm.   As for Lime to mark the lines tons of folks did that when we were playing. Mr. Brown sold us Sterling 12 Star Bright White Latex Paint and we diluted it and sprayed the lines on our home field on Thursdays after our walk troughs and on Friday if the JR High was at Home and we had back to back games Thur and Fri.

MomaLion

Mr. Rudy is still out there taping wrists and ankles lol.  He's a legend in Clarendon  :)

jbtiger73

Mr. Rudy was actually at Brinkley for a while in the 90's and early 2000's. Before returning to c-town after Paschal left Brinkley in 02. So I've had the privilege of him taping me up as well. He was actually gonna come back with Brinkley before last season. But they hired Thrash, and decided to stay.

MomaLion

I don't think Mr Rudy is going anywhere. He's a Lion to his core  :)

jbtiger73

not now, definitely. but he did say that a couple seasons ago when the lions came to Brinkley under the old coach. he told us some things he disagreed with under the old regime. but he's definitely a monroe county legend.

Lions84

Quote from: jbtiger73 on April 11, 2014, 11:32:18 am
not now, definitely. but he did say that a couple seasons ago when the lions came to Brinkley under the old coach. he told us some things he disagreed with under the old regime. but he's definitely a monroe county legend.

As he told me last year I went over to Buck to be with my Grandsons and once they graduated I came back home.  Rudy been taping up Lions and Tigers for about 60 years now.

jbtiger73

MomaLion

I saw him get tackled last season. We really thought he was hurt but he hopped up and kept working  :)

jbtiger73

yea, momma. that happend to him a couple times while I was playing in Brinkley. he definitely doesn't shy away from the action.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas