• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 1A ALL STATE

Started by Brian G, March 21, 2014, 04:58:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Sky Jackson Acorn
Taylor Layne Bay
Tyler Pritchett Bay
Dominique Ellis Bradley
Adam Laughery Caddo Hills
Deion Woods Calico Rock
Jacob Roark Concord
Evan Franklin County Line
Jordan Strother Cossatot River
James Dotson Deer
Tavion Revels Emerson
Colman Evans Hillcrest
Jaterius Montague KIPP Delta
Colton Watson Maynard
Ty Virden Nemo Vista
Chris Lewis Norfork
Drew Hamilton Ouachita
Conor Roby Scranton
Seth Siebenmorgan Scranton
Mason Duncan South Side, Bee Branch
Brady Willis St Joe
Ben Hargrove West Side, Greers Ferry
Ben Grice Western Grove
John Beck Wonderview

Brian G

Sky Jasmine Jackson Acorn
Jessica Looney Acorn
Tristen Underdown Alpena
Katie Ferguson Bay
Brittany Roedel Bay
Sydney Harlan Concord
Hannah Doty Izard County
Makayla Gross Izard County
Kayla Smith Kingston
Haley Summers Kingston
Lauren Ray Kirby
Kate Smith Lead Hill
Kensey Barnes Maynard
Jessica Hertz Midland
Heather Prowse Mount Vernon-Enola
Brittany Edwards Mulberry
Chase Paladino Nemo Vista
Kortney Stephenson Ouachita
Kendal Sullivan South Side, Bee Branch
Alexis Pigg Sparkman
Lagina Price Sparkman
Kierston Moore Viola
Hattie Horton Western Grove
Kailey Zimmerman Wonderview

Brian G

BoxNOne

Concord with one all state player and far and away the best team? I would say the selection process is flawed. I see a player or two from nea that were not all state caliber.

Catfish

Quote from: BoxNOne on April 17, 2014, 10:36:02 pm
Concord with one all state player and far and away the best team? I would say the selection process is flawed. I see a player or two from nea that were not all state caliber.

Agreed

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Catfish on April 18, 2014, 05:43:43 pm
Quote from: BoxNOne on April 17, 2014, 10:36:02 pm

Agreed

From what I can tell each district got 3 players, and it's not like Hargrove from WSGF and Duncan from Southside are bad players...they both probably deserved it as well....If all 3 players would have ended up being from Concord then somebody would be on here griping about how the selection process is flawed...can't give honors to every single player that can be considered for the award...

BoxNOne

Common sense tells me Concord should have had two. I assume they were unbeaten in conference. I think coaches vote on these things. Sounds like some coaches might have resented getting their brains beat out the last few years.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BoxNOne on April 18, 2014, 08:06:41 pm
Common sense tells me Concord should have had two. I assume they were unbeaten in conference. I think coaches vote on these things. Sounds like some coaches might have resented getting their brains beat out the last few years.

They got state rings?Ten years from now who cares about who got a piece of paper that said all state? State Rings will still be cool lol

BoxNOne

I suppose the only one who cares in ten years would be Concord's second best player. Don't know enough about them to say who that is. I would bet Concord's coach was scratching his head after that vote.

gamechanger11

Duncan and Hargrove are really good players and were the next two best players in that conf.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BoxNOne on April 18, 2014, 08:51:35 pm
I suppose the only one who cares in ten years would be Concord's second best player. Don't know enough about them to say who that is. I would bet Concord's coach was scratching his head after that vote.

If he's still dwelling on what did and didn't happen in his high school career in 10 years...well I won't even go there...

Quote from: gamechanger11 on April 18, 2014, 09:33:05 pm
Duncan and Hargrove are really good players and were the next two best players in that conf.

This is kinda what I was getting at earlier....

somefan

I don't know about the Hargrove kid but do know the Duncan kid averaged 26 ppg, and backed that up with 11r and 5 assists. What exactly does one have to do or have (?) to receive an All State selection proudly and not by default? I guess if they had been in a conference without Concord then perhaps maybe it would have been well deserved.

Baseballer11

Hargrove and Duncan were the 2nd/3rd best in whichever order by far it wasn't even close

HorseFeathers

Quote from: somefan on June 01, 2014, 11:00:40 am
I don't know about the Hargrove kid but do know the Duncan kid averaged 26 ppg, and backed that up with 11r and 5 assists. What exactly does one have to do or have (?) to receive an All State selection proudly and not by default? I guess if they had been in a conference without Concord then perhaps maybe it would have been well deserved.

Basically be good players on good teams...It's selected by the coaches in the conference you play in I believe.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas