• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Des Arc is OPEN!

Started by mrknowitall, January 11, 2019, 09:24:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mrknowitall

i40traveler

Is the chicken house market down?   

Sonofasonofasailor

Can't be true 'cause Pick said this in another thread.

We are not gonna need a new coach.

CaptainSwarm25

An Eagle has flown from the nest 👀

Old Scrapper

The Raiders are getting a good one!

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Old Scrapper on January 11, 2019, 12:36:23 pm
The Raiders are getting a good one!
If he for sure is going there they are getting a good one

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on January 11, 2019, 03:58:33 pm
If he for sure is going there they are getting a good one

He announced it on his personal Twitter account ...

PapaHog

I thought he'd die an Eagle legend before he left there.. lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

From what I've heard, R.V. offered a substantial amount more than Beebe did. Had to take it.

The Ref

January 13, 2019, 12:59:07 pm #9 Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:01:25 pm by The Ref
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 12, 2019, 09:18:00 pm
From what I've heard, R.V. offered a substantial amount more than Beebe did. Had to take it.
Riverview doesn't pay more than Beebe, this is all public information on school websites. I'm pretty sure Widener didn't interview at Beebe. No coach would choose Riverview or Beebe if both offered.

sevenof400

Quote from: The Ref on January 13, 2019, 12:59:07 pm
Riverview doesn't pay more than Beebe, this is all public information on school websites. I'm pretty sure Widener didn't interview at Beebe. No coach would choose Riverview or Beebe if both offered.

But to be fair here, the public info currently available would be for existing coaches contracts and may not be an accurate reflection of any offers which may (or may not) have been made.....

The Ref

January 13, 2019, 01:51:46 pm #11 Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:56:05 pm by The Ref
Quote from: sevenof400 on January 13, 2019, 01:13:07 pm
But to be fair here, the public info currently available would be for existing coaches contracts and may not be an accurate reflection of any offers which may (or may not) have been made.....
Well people were pretty outspoken that Widener didn't interview at Beebe, so to insinuate that he had an offer from Beebe that was less than what Riverview offered is inaccurate.
Pretty sure beebe coaches have an index added to coaches salaries which Riverview doesn't offer.
Highly doubt any football coach would choose Riverview or Beebe, just my opinion though.

Trojanbird

I wonder how strong the Booster Club is at Riverview! ;) ;)

Trojanbird

The Ref

Quote from: Trojanbird on January 13, 2019, 06:27:49 pm
Dibanded years ago

Cheek

Beene or Riverview will have a pay schedule for all teachers which will include the Coach since he is a teacher first. The only way the Coach can earn extra pay is in the form of a Stipend. 

i40traveler

Quote from: Cheek on January 13, 2019, 07:03:50 pm
Beene or Riverview will have a pay schedule for all teachers which will include the Coach since he is a teacher first. The only way the Coach can earn extra pay is in the form of a Stipend.

Not necessarily true. Could always add days or make up new stipdends.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Yea, I dont know at all. I'm sure he was lying. 🙄🙄🙄

Lumberjackfan1978

Riverview got a good coach though

Cheek

Quote from: i40traveler on January 13, 2019, 08:30:21 pm
Not necessarily true. Could always add days or make up new stipdends.

Most Coaches work the max amount of days to start with.  I was trying to explain that the pay scale is the same for everyone. The only way to give extra pay to a Coach  is through a stipend for Coach  or  AD. The stipend can be what ever the School Board is willing to vote on.

OB11

Quote from: Cheek on January 14, 2019, 08:30:17 am
Most Coaches work the max amount of days to start with.  I was trying to explain that the pay scale is the same for everyone. The only way to give extra pay to a Coach  is through a stipend for Coach  or  AD. The stipend can be what ever the School Board is willing to vote on.

Right. There are lots of ways to add $$$ though. Paid lunch duties, administrative positions like Dean of Students, increased coaching stipends, added days, etc. It can be done in a lot of different ways if the school wants to do it.

The Ref

Quote from: Cheek on January 14, 2019, 08:30:17 am
I have to disagree with first comment here.  Most coaches do not work the max amount of days, most only get paid 10-20 days over what regular classroom teachers get.  Head coaches may get 25-40 extra days but not all. Administrators are typically the only ones getting max amount of days.

sevenof400

Quote from: OB11 on January 14, 2019, 09:07:07 am
Right. There are lots of ways to add $$$ though. Paid lunch duties, administrative positions like Dean of Students, increased coaching stipends, added days, etc. It can be done in a lot of different ways if the school wants to do it.

This is what I was suggesting earlier.  Schools will find ('invent') ways to pay coaches when so motivated.

Lions84

Good for Coach , tough break for DA!

Outofmany1

Any names of coaches being interviewed for the job? Should get some good quality guys wanting the job!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

January 17, 2019, 11:04:20 am #25 Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 01:05:56 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Outofmany1 on January 17, 2019, 10:49:07 am
Any names of coaches being interviewed for the job? Should get some good quality guys wanting the job!

I hear they have a long list of applicants already. supposedly gonna try to make a hire by the end of the month

Outofmany1

I figured they would have a long list for this job. Its a great school district and tradition rich footbal program.

Outofmany1

Any coach on staff applied for the spot?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Outofmany1 on January 17, 2019, 12:05:56 pm
Any coach on staff applied for the spot?

I have not heard any names

Outofmany1

Have they begun interviewing yet?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Had 40+ apply, narrowed down too 5 with head coaching experience and 3 without. The front runner, If hired, will shock everyone.

purpleswag

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 18, 2019, 08:37:08 pm
Had 40+ apply, narrowed down too 5 with head coaching experience and 3 without. The front runner, If hired, will shock everyone.

When will they hire?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Hammer down

January 19, 2019, 07:35:29 am #33 Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:40:13 am by Hammer down

What's the big shock?

i40traveler

Pick_DA_EAGLES

If he is the one hired, i wont have to tell.

Sonofasonofasailor

I see what you did there.  Guess there may be another opening in the conference.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on January 20, 2019, 02:40:48 pm
I see what you did there.  Guess there may be another opening in the conference.

Ummm I said shock, not cause any heart attacks. Lol

Raging_Hornetic

That would be a bit underwhelming

Rick Swines

January 21, 2019, 09:36:43 pm #39 Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 10:32:54 am by Rick Swines
Wrong Guy

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Hammer down

Quote from: Rick Swines on January 21, 2019, 09:36:43 pm
Sw

Waymire? Would be a shock since He and his wife both have good paying admin jobs in central Arkansas.

i40traveler

I could see one of these guys getting the nod

Scott Waymire
Mark Uherin
Dustin Prescott
Matt Malham
Wes Ables
Neil Barbaree
Mark King

hogwild_82

January 22, 2019, 09:29:16 am #43 Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 09:33:30 am by hogwild_82
i don't see Waymire leaving that that $$$, Prescott's not walking through the door, Ables would be interesting.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hammer down on January 22, 2019, 08:36:52 am
Waymire? Would be a shock since He and his wife both have good paying admin jobs in central Arkansas.

hence my SHOCK comment. lol

OB11

If it is Waymire, he must reallllly be itching to get back into coaching. I'm sure he is living pretty comfortably compared to a lot of other educators in this state.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: OB11 on January 22, 2019, 10:30:02 am
If it is Waymire, he must reallllly be itching to get back into coaching. I'm sure he is living pretty comfortably compared to a lot of other educators in this state.

maybe he just wants to get in on the des arc owning Carlisle in football streak....  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lions84

Well good Luck too our up river neighbors in their coaching search.

BisonFan1

I don't see Coach Waymire leaving his current job to coach a 2A school.  He would take a HUGE hit to his salary.  If he were to get back into coaching, I would think it would have to be at a larger school, as the salaries are much more inline with what he is currently making.  But crazier things have happened... 

I see Coach Uhiren has also been mentioned.  I could definitely see that.  DA has been very successful the last several years running a 'gound and pound' type of offense.  If the powers that be are on board with sticking with that mentality (which I think they should given the amount of success they have had) then I think Mark would do well there.

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: BisonFan1 on January 22, 2019, 11:19:54 am
I don't see Coach Waymire leaving his current job to coach a 2A school.  He would take a HUGE hit to his salary.  If he were to get back into coaching, I would think it would have to be at a larger school, as the salaries are much more inline with what he is currently making.  But crazier things have happened... 

I see Coach Uhiren has also been mentioned.  I could definitely see that.  DA has been very successful the last several years running a 'gound and pound' type of offense.  If the powers that be are on board with sticking with that mentality (which I think they should given the amount of success they have had) then I think Mark would do well there.

Interest is said to be from both sides re: Waymire.  That came from somebody with ties to Jville.  I think, as most mentioned, it'll come down to if they can find the money.

Uhiren isn't getting this job, nor is Ables - Pick would know better than I but fairly certain first go-round there wasn't "smooth".  Just two of the names mentioned previously.

Think you have to keep pattern in mind at DA.  Harper was a young guy, had some HC experience if I recall at Lewisville and struggled.  Did GREAT work at DA.  Prescott was an assistant at Warren and Barton.  Widener was an assistant at Lonoke.  Hill was an assistant at DA prior to taking job, right?

I expect this to be a younger guy just based off past.  Job was as attractive then as now, tbh.  That is, if it's not Waymire who gets it.

Just my two cents.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas