• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst book.

Started by Uncle Ivan, April 06, 2009, 09:57:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Reality is back...

Quote from: koopa on November 09, 2009, 04:50:43 pm
Quote from: Agent of Chaos on November 09, 2009, 10:43:52 am
Quote from: koopa on November 08, 2009, 04:14:03 pm
Quote from: Death_Knight on November 04, 2009, 02:52:10 pm

Harry Potter sucks bad!!
Harry Potter does not suck. It's arguably the best young adult series ever written and one of the greatest fantasy series ever written. J.K. Rowling is an exceptional writer and the fact that she had the tapestry for an entire seven book series worked out in her head from the very beginning is absolutely phenomenal. The third book and beyond are masterpieces, in my opinion.

That's only argued by people who haven't read any other young adult series.
That's not true at all. That was a sweeping generalization if I've ever seen one. It's a matter of opinion and with 400 million book sales, probably not an opinion that I share solely. Stephen King once said "[Harry Potter] will indeed stand time's test and wind up on a shelf where only the best are kept; I think Harry will take his place with Alice, Huck, Frodo, and Dorothy and this is one series not just for the decade, but for the ages." Before you lump me into a group of people that has only read one young adult series, have an open mind.

Stephen King sucks, too.

I just read "Shutter Island", go read that, lol.

Uncle Ivan

King sucks now.  He didn't in the early part of his career.

The Reality is back...

I will give you that some of his earlier books were good, but he mos def is not good now.

suspended

The Scarlet Effing Letter

muleshoe_forever

I have to agree with The Scarlet Letter.  At the time I read it I wasn't big on pushing myself thru a book so I had to put it down.  I'm on my first Steven King book so I can't give an opinion yet.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: muleshoe_forever on November 16, 2009, 10:07:45 pm
I have to agree with The Scarlet Letter.  At the time I read it I wasn't big on pushing myself thru a book so I had to put it down.  I'm on my first Steven King book so I can't give an opinion yet.

The Scarlet Letter did suck.  Hawthorne is so longwinded. 

Which King book?

Uncle Ivan

Scarlet Letter is high on my list of horrid reads.

If he were alive today, Hawthorne would probably write a paragraph for each item on his grocery list.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas