• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st round playoff matchups

Started by Razorback Red, November 02, 2018, 10:05:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

November 02, 2018, 10:05:01 pm Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:08:37 pm by Razorback Red
Should be a good Fri for the 7A Central next week, they will more than likely win 3 of the 4 games:

Catholic at FHS- going with FHS here, but this is not the matchup they wanted.  SJ can run, will be closer than FHS would like.
Rogers at Conway- basically a bye for Conway, starters won't play much in 2nd half
Southside at Sdale- Sdale will fight hard, but with a new QB I can't see them pulling this one out
VB at Northside- Shouldn't be a terribly difficult night for NS

Pretty weak slate of games overall, but the following week it will get fun!

Razorback Red

Shouldn't, but I'll look ahead at 2nd round games if my predictions above hold true:

2 really great potential 2nd round games that will be battles and 2 that should (you never know in the playoffs) be predictable.

Conway at West
FHS at Bryant
Northside at Bville
Southside at NLR

Razorback Red

Bumping this so we can get some actual playoff football chatter rather than Sdale drama chatter. 

LH_DAD

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 02, 2018, 10:16:20 pm
Shouldn't, but I'll look ahead at 2nd round games if my predictions above hold true:

2 really great potential 2nd round games that will be battles and 2 that should (you never know in the playoffs) be predictable.

Conway at West
FHS at Bryant
Northside at Bville
Southside at NLR

I agree with your assessment and in the 2nd Round I'll go with:
Conway at West     Until they prove that they can win in November
FHS at Bryant        Hard to beat them a 2nd time in Bryant
Northside at Bville  Should be a win for the Tigers
Southside at NLR    Because it's NLR

businesstron

That Southside at Springdale might be a decent  game.   The rest will be blowouts.

tj1987

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 02, 2018, 10:05:01 pm
Should be a good Fri for the 7A Central next week, they will more than likely win 3 of the 4 games:

Catholic at FHS- going with FHS here, but this is not the matchup they wanted.  SJ can run, will be closer than FHS would like.
Rogers at Conway- basically a bye for Conway, starters won't play much in 2nd half
Southside at Sdale- Sdale will fight hard, but with a new QB I can't see them pulling this one out
VB at Northside- Shouldn't be a terribly difficult night for NS

Pretty weak slate of games overall, but the following week it will get fun!
FHS Vs Catholic will be closer than FHS wants?  Care to predict a score?  Just curious.

Walter

As much as I am a central fan I don't see Fay having too much of a problem with Catholic. The following week Fay better come prepared, I know Bryant will be.

Razorback Red

You are both probably right, FHS will more than likely win by 20+.  I still remember SJ's soph year when Catholic almost won at Tiger Stadium, dude is a stud.  The 7A West does not have a RB of his caliber, so I think he can have some success.  Yes, I know FHS has a strong front 7, but SJ is a baller.  He is strong and fast. 

Baitshop

November 04, 2018, 02:19:31 pm #8 Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 02:23:39 pm by Baitshop

Conway at West
FHS at Bryant
Northside at Bville
Southside at NLR

UGH....no bueno.. :'( :'(

Would have loved the VB game at home...and would not have been too worried about Bennie in Round 2 AT Bennie....we've broken a lot of Bennie hearts and shattered a lot of dreams in the playoffs at Bennie.

Oh well....maybe next year?

Baitshop

-

Conway at West
FHS at Bryant
Northside at Bville
Southside at NLR

Here, let DixiePrep take this a little farther:

Bennie West wins by single digits @ home
Bryant bounces the Lavender Puppies @ Bryant
Bennie beats the Grizzle by low double digits.
NLR squeezes by Southside 49-48 in triple OT @ NLR

Semi's:
Bryant over West* in a close one
NLR by 2+ TD's over Bennie* @ NLR
*Sorry boys, there's a new sheriff in town and they don't drink chardonney or have an equestrian or diving team... ;)

State Championship:
NLR by 11 over Bryant

DixiePreps is open to all non-monetary bets on any and all final outcomes. So scrounge up some pizza money and let's get busy.

drmongoose

Quote from: Baitshop on November 04, 2018, 02:35:56 pm
-

You lost me there...

grizz

-

Semi's:
*Sorry boys, there's a new sheriff in town and they don't drink chardonney or have an equestrian or diving team... ;)

State Championship:
NLR by 11 over Bryant

DixiePreps is open to all non-monetary bets on any and all final outcomes. So scrounge up some pizza money and let's get busy.

You have your semifinal matchups mixed up.
You must still have a hangover from your sad night on Friday.

tj1987

Quote from: SardisHog on November 04, 2018, 06:07:36 am
As much as I am a central fan I don't see Fay having too much of a problem with Catholic. The following week Fay better come prepared, I know Bryant will be.
Very true, should be another classic.

Spider2 Y Banana

Quote from: Baitshop on November 04, 2018, 02:19:31 pm
UGH....no bueno.. :'( :'(

Would have loved the VB game at home...and would not have been too worried about Bennie in Round 2 AT Bennie....we've broken a lot of Bennie hearts and shattered a lot of dreams in the playoffs at Bennie.

Oh well....maybe next year?

Put away the mason jar, Mr. Baitshop. 

First, Van Buren didn't even threaten Bentonville's 3rd team and they'd never come to Tiger Stadium and beat the 1 seed.

Second, Bentonville is the 1 seed and isn't traveling anywhere.  West,as the 2, would have to win at NLR to make state.  The Tigers will likely host the winner of Bryant/Fayetteville in round 2, before advancing to state.

Baitshop

Quote from: Spider2 Y Banana on November 04, 2018, 07:02:54 pm
Put away the mason jar, Mr. Baitshop. 

First, Van Buren didn't even threaten Bentonville's 3rd team and they'd never come to Tiger Stadium and beat the 1 seed.

Second, Bentonville is the 1 seed and isn't traveling anywhere.  West,as the 2, would have to win at NLR to make state.  The Tigers will likely host the winner of Bryant/Fayetteville in round 2, before advancing to state.

My apologies Mr. Spidey Nanner...what I meant to infer was that SOUTHSIDE wouldn't sweat having to go to Bennie for the 2nd round...

Baitshop

Quote from: grizz on November 04, 2018, 04:38:33 pm

You must still have a hangover from your sad night on Friday.

You boys got lucky Friday nite....a couple of those dropped ball 5 yards behind your secondary would have flipped the outcome quickly...

And I know the 'ol line about "if If's and But's were Candy and Nuts" thing, but the Mavs left an easy 21 points laying on the grass Friday nite...

Northside won and gets the win and playoff home game as the victor should....Southside will take it on the road next week and see how it goes...

grizz

Quote from: Baitshop on November 04, 2018, 08:37:54 pm
You boys got lucky Friday nite....a couple of those dropped ball 5 yards behind your secondary would have flipped the outcome quickly...

And I know the 'ol line about "if If's and But's were Candy and Nuts" thing, but the Mavs left an easy 21 points laying on the grass Friday nite...

Northside won and gets the win and playoff home game as the victor should....Southside will take it on the road next week and see how it goes...

110-39 over the last three years, and it will get worse for you next year.  It is a new era of Grizzly dominance.  Get used to it, ya old dirty Rebel!  :)

TrenchHogs

A little off topic here but whats up with Fayetteville's stadium? Saw it for the first time back in September and was pretty disappointed in the size of it. I've seen plenty of 4A and 5A schools with bigger stadiums....

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Baitshop on November 04, 2018, 08:37:54 pm

And I know the 'ol line about "if If's and But's were Candy and Nuts" thing, but thenite... Mavs left an easy 21 points laying on the grass Friday

Because they suck.

Razorback Red

Quote from: TrenchHogs on November 05, 2018, 01:35:31 pm
A little off topic here but whats up with Fayetteville's stadium? Saw it for the first time back in September and was pretty disappointed in the size of it. I've seen plenty of 4A and 5A schools with bigger stadiums....

Yes, Harmon Field really needs an update.  What is worse is that for certain opponents there are more folks on the visitors side than home side.  Of the 7 large 7A schools in NWA, Harmon field is by far the worst.  Springdale is also old, but still a great HS atmosphere.  The stands are really close to the field.  Harber is new, West is new, Rogers is new. Heritage is my favorite, the Rogers schools district did a great remodel.  Bentonville is not as new, but is kept up well and has new turf. 

Basketball is a different story, the FHS gym is really, really nice.  I would rank it #1 in NWA. 

Spider2 Y Banana

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 05, 2018, 02:12:13 pm
Yes, Harmon Field really needs an update.  What is worse is that for certain opponents there are more folks on the visitors side than home side.  Of the 7 large 7A schools in NWA, Harmon field is by far the worst.  Springdale is also old, but still a great HS atmosphere.  The stands are really close to the field.  Harber is new, West is new, Rogers is new. Heritage is my favorite, the Rogers schools district did a great remodel.  Bentonville is not as new, but is kept up well and has new turf. 

Basketball is a different story, the FHS gym is really, really nice.  I would rank it #1 in NWA.

Hit the nail on the head about Harmon.  The visitors side is the worst experience in the conference from parking in the mousetrap between the field and the school or the south side of the stadium with a mile walk uphill to sitting in a pile of fallen leaves, listening to the PA announcer out of a Mickey Mouse speaker, it's definitely deliberate.  How hard would it be to take a leaf blower out there Friday afternoon? 

P.F.G.

I haven't been to the Fayetteville stadium since Alma played them in 04. I'll be up there Friday night. Will be a cold one in Nwa that night.

Rob Van Winkle

30 years ago what is now the visitors side was the home side at Harmon field. The visitors side back then was much worse than it is now. Old wooden bleachers and you really thought they would break at any time.

RHScats

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 05, 2018, 02:12:13 pm

no doubt

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

-

Semi's:

State Championship:
NLR by 11 over Bryant

Southside will NOT score 48 points!  Period!

Billyo62

Quote from: Spider2 Y Banana on November 06, 2018, 08:17:22 am
Hit the nail on the head about Harmon.  The visitors side is the worst experience in the conference from parking in the mousetrap between the field and the school or the south side of the stadium with a mile walk uphill to sitting in a pile of fallen leaves, listening to the PA announcer out of a Mickey Mouse speaker, it's definitely deliberate.  How hard would it be to take a leaf blower out there Friday afternoon?

I always Loved the visitor side at Fayetteville. It has character

P.F.G.

So first game back to Fayetteville since 2004. Doesn't look like anything has changed. Well besides them not using the scoreboard and bringing in a portable one for the home fans to see. Fayetteville might have had 300 people on the home sides. Why is there very little effort put in from fans and administration? The scoreboard situation is a joke.

tj1987

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 10, 2018, 01:43:58 am
So first game back to Fayetteville since 2004. Doesn't look like anything has changed. Well besides them not using the scoreboard and bringing in a portable one for the home fans to see. Fayetteville might have had 300 people on the home sides. Why is there very little effort put in from fans and administration? The scoreboard situation is a joke.
300 people?  lol Thats funny and not true.  But that 45-17 win and those 5 rings. :)

P.F.G.

The 300 might be over selling it. You have 5 rings and can't get a working scoreboard. Not knocking the talent and coaching staff but looks like they lack support from every other level.

tj1987

November 13, 2018, 08:22:27 am #29 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 09:30:03 am by tj1987
Quote from: P.F.G. on November 13, 2018, 12:04:01 am
The 300 might be over selling it. You have 5 rings and can't get a working scoreboard. Not knocking the talent and coaching staff but looks like they lack support from every other level.
Big changes are coming and the scoreboad normally works great.  Just built new facilites in several sports not to mention basically a whole new school. The players get great support from eveyone.  The issue is that it was a very cold night and frankly everyone knew they would win.  Winning is expected at Fayetteville and although there probably should have been more people in attendance when you win that much sometimes only big games get you excited.  Just an observation.

P.F.G.

Quote from: tj1987 on November 13, 2018, 08:22:27 am
Big changes are coming and the scoreboad normally works great.  Just built new facilites in several sports not to mention basically a whole new school. The players get great support from eveyone.  The issue is that it was a very cold night and frankly everyone knew they would win.  Winning is expected at Fayetteville and although there probably should have been more people in attendance when you win that much sometimes only big games get you excited.  Just an observation.

Gotcha. Didn't mean to come across as attacking but I figured with LSU in town and possibly last home game for these guys they would have more fans. It was for sure a cold one.

tj1987

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 13, 2018, 10:06:22 am
Gotcha. Didn't mean to come across as attacking but I figured with LSU in town and possibly last home game for these guys they would have more fans. It was for sure a cold one.
No problem at all I know where you are coming from I think the attendance should be better too and Harmon NEEDS an upgrade.  I think fans get a little spoiled sometimes.  It was COLD!

sportsguy80

Quote from: tj1987 on November 13, 2018, 10:21:14 am
No problem at all I know where you are coming from I think the attendance should be better too and Harmon NEEDS an upgrade.  I think fans get a little spoiled sometimes.  It was COLD!
Cold was an understatement lol. I hope Johnson for Catholic is ok because it didn't look pretty when he got off the field.

Baitshop

November 17, 2018, 10:19:29 am #33 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:42:18 am by Baitshop
Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on November 09, 2018, 09:19:37 am
Southside will NOT score 48 points!  Period!

Yeah, but they did put 45 up on the Chuggin' Kitties and made 'em pucker a little bit though.  No moral victories here though, but they took a whale of a shot at them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas