• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who do you think will be in the Girls finals?

Started by Bball_Fan_2013, February 28, 2014, 11:12:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bball_Fan_2013

Everyone seems to talk more about the boys final.  Who do you think will make it to the girls final this year?

THA TRUTH

It's girls basketball!!!!!! Ever since the strong girls of 05&06 girls bball has gotten horribly boring to watch

OwlsR1

Spring Hill starters looked really good tonight, not boring like the JC game.

Cheek

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 28, 2014, 11:17:20 pm
It's girls basketball!!!!!! Ever since the strong girls of 05&06 girls bball has gotten horribly boring to watch

England girls in 11-12 were fun to watch.

THA TRUTH

And would've got demolished by those strong teams

Cheek

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 01, 2014, 08:15:11 am
And would've got demolished by those strong teams

I remember those teams.  If you recall the core of those teams were Freahmen and Sophs.  Then the three star players left Strong and went to Camden and won back to back state titles again. 

BoxNOne

That's like saying after the EPC boys team of 2011 that boys basketball has got boring. That team ( with Ky Madden,A.J. Turner and Jammar Sturdivant ) would definitely destroy anybody in this years tourney. Does that mean we quit watching?

BoxNOne

As for this years finals I will go with Spring Hill vs Mountainberg. The Spring Hill vs Marmaduke semifinal could be interesting.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 01, 2014, 08:48:01 am

That's like saying after the EPC boys team of 2011 that boys basketball has got boring. That team ( with Ky Madden,A.J. Turner and Jammar Sturdivant ) would definitely destroy anybody in this years tourney. Does that mean we quit watching?

No actually it hasn't because those teams I'm talking about go down as one of the greatest ever for girls the epc teams might not crack the top 10 I've seen since 2005

BrianfromCarlisle

March 01, 2014, 09:10:48 am #9 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:18:56 am by BrianfromCarlisle
Carlisle went back to back in 07&08.  They took on anyone.  Then England went back to back very shortly after.  Both of those groups were exciting to watch.  So girls basketball hasn't been boring to watch since Strong.

BoxNOne

No need to try to reason with anyone who doesn't think that 2011 EPC team wasn't one of the best 2A teams ever. And I'm not even an EPC fan.

BrianfromCarlisle

Lol. I hear you!  I'm not trying to dispute the claim about Strong anyway. But those Carlisle and England teams were very fun to watch.  Carlisle I believe played several 5-6-7a schools during that time span. And won most of them

BoxNOne

I remember those teams very well. Carlisle had a girl that signed with hogs and England had the Watkins girls( were they twins?).Those teams were great teams. Did the Watkins girls play college ball?.

BrianfromCarlisle

Yes they were twins.  Jameka Watkins is starting for UCA. her sister is no longer playing. As far as I know anyway. 

Steves68Nova

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 01, 2014, 09:01:45 am
As for this years finals I will go with Spring Hill vs Mountainberg. The Spring Hill vs Marmaduke semifinal could be interesting.

I sure hope you are right!

ISU7

Maybe in 2A....

THA TRUTH

Those Carlisle teams are the only ones I saw to play strong good and that was saying something but as for the epc teams I'll say Anderson jc was better along with the Earle teams of 06-07 pulse the bic teams with that brooks Taylor kid leading them

BoxNOne

All good teams. My top two are EPC of 2011 and Stephens of 1998. EPC had three D1 athletes and two were for basketball. Stephens was loaded and won something over 40 games in a row.

THA TRUTH

I'll just say this number 13 from spring hill can ataight ball

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 01, 2014, 06:23:42 pm
All good teams. My top two are EPC of 2011 and Stephens of 1998. EPC had three D1 athletes and two were for basketball. Stephens was loaded and won something over 40 games in a row.

Are we talking boys or girls?

Sweet

You only say that because there's no decent girls team from down there.

THA TRUTH

That might be but from what I've seen from other teams except spring hill I'll stand by my statement

HOOPSTER

I think it will be SH girls and Marmaduke. Look like they are the two best and I just don't think Duke can play with them.

Rothie

If they both can continue to win they would play in Semi

ak58

Spring Hill girls have been on a mission this season. very fun to watch! girls work together like a machine.

Steves68Nova

So who in the bottom bracket can take down Mountainburg? Brinkly? Cedar Ridge? Forman? Hackett and JC Westside have played MB close 3 and 4 times respectivly. JCW is about as good as MB so you guys in the top bracket better watch them. They have some big girls. Same with Hackett. I believe it will be Spring Hill and Mountainburg in the finals.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Steves68Nova on March 04, 2014, 08:56:08 pm
So who in the bottom bracket can take down Mountainburg? Brinkly? Cedar Ridge? Forman? Hackett and JC Westside have played MB close 3 and 4 times respectivly. JCW is about as good as MB so you guys in the top bracket better watch them. They have some big girls. Same with Hackett. I believe it will be Spring Hill and Mountainburg in the finals.
Best chance to take down Mountainburg on the bottom side of the bracket is probably JC or Cedar Ridge.

BoxNOne

I have not seen Mountainburg this year but have seen Cedar Ridge. They have a nice team but don't see them beating a really good team. They were fortunate to win first game regional against a #4 seed.

Steves68Nova

The girls at Mountainburg have not lost at home since the 8th grade I believe is what they said on senior night. The 6 seniors have played together for quite a while.

BoxNOne

I saw Mountainburg play in state at Marmaduke last year and they had a good team. I think it was Marmaduke that put them out but M'duke was playing at home.

ak58

the Starters For Spring hill have never lost a home game from 7-12 grade. The Sr. girls have an outstanding 53 home game win streak.

HOOPSTER

yea I heard Kirby wanted to play them two weeks ago and SH didn't want to. Makes me wonder who they beat at home the last 5 years. I know they should be on a 3 peat this year and haven't won one yet. but I think they just have to show up and they will be fine. No one else is a threat. Marma who and mount bird and SH may be good at home but I believe the tournament is at Hampton. also Razorbacks men BB  is good at home the last couple of years but haven't made the NIT!

Steves68Nova

Well then ar58 that ought to be a very good game if  MB and SH make it to the finals. Be a lot of pride on the line for those seniors.

DragonFan

The only game that matters for the Mountainburg Sr. Girls right now is Poyen, a #4 seed out of the tough 2A-5 Conference.

MomaLion

If Poyen is hitting those 3s, they are a serious threat. I think it's their #5 that is their best at 3s...the first game I watched them play at regionals, she couldn't miss but the next 2, she couldn't hit them.

DragonFan

MomaLion

True Fan

Quote from: ak58 on March 05, 2014, 11:46:39 am
the Starters For Spring hill have never lost a home game from 7-12 grade. The Sr. girls have an outstanding 53 home game win streak.

Is Cracker Barrel still sponsoring that place? ;)

BrianfromCarlisle

MomaLion

You are correct Brian...it's #1 for Poyen, the really light blond...it's #5 on Brinkley that's really good.

lafan

Just waiting on Strong girls to rise from the dead and play ball. ;D

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on March 05, 2014, 10:15:20 pm
You are correct Brian...it's #1 for Poyen, the really light blond...it's #5 on Brinkley that's really good.

The beat player on Poyen is  Number 14 hands down. She is one of the top three in the conference. 

MomaLion

Cheek, I was just referring to her 3s. She's just inconsistent, but If she is on she's dangerous.

True Fan

Quote from: Cheek on March 05, 2014, 10:49:03 pm
The beat player on Poyen is  Number 14 hands down. She is one of the top three in the conference. 

No doubt about that. She can play. The thing about Poyen is when the rest of the team starts hitting the 3's, it opens her up to go to work. #1 gets in a groove and drain them all night. Surprisingly, #34 will sneak out from the post and I've seen her knock down quite a few.

Steves68Nova

Quote from: DragonFan on March 05, 2014, 02:58:50 pm
The only game that matters for the Mountainburg Sr. Girls right now is Poyen, a #4 seed out of the tough 2A-5 Conference.

No doubt about that. I am just an old man and am nervous as a cat already.

HOOPSTER

yall quit fooling yourselves. Those teams are not threat to get by second round. Poyen???? Strong???? Wow you people don't know anything about HS Girls BB

True Fan

Hoopster, if that is your real name, I guess you weren't around two years ago (2012) when a heavily favored Spring Hill team was MERCY RULED IN THE STATE TOURNAMENT. In the first round. Didn't you say they should have won it all that year? The first of the three peat?

SH was a #2 seed. Norphlet was the #1 seed that year.

BTW, Norplet lost to a #4 seed in the first round. Would you like to guess who?

That's right, Poyen.

Keep talking. You are showing exactly what you know about HS Girls BB. ;)

BoxNOne

Hoopster, does Spring Hill have any transfers on their roster or are they all homegrown? I was thinking that someone said the Medina girl transferred in last year.

ak58

Medina Transferred 2 years ago. rest are home grown.

ak58

why are we bringing up the 2012 tourney? this is 2014

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas