• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot’s next HC?

Started by IAFLAR7, November 06, 2018, 12:09:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 11, 2018, 09:45:05 pm
Do leopards ever change their spots?

I do not know Coach Patton personally but humans can and do change.

cabotpantherman

Pat Swilling

This Job will get a lot clearer after playoffs.

beaverfan007

Why did Patton leave Fayetteville?? I don't think he leaves bauxite there's a potential state championship there next year

AirWarren

Quote from: beaverfan007 on November 12, 2018, 01:22:03 pm
Why did Patton leave Fayetteville?? I don’t think he leaves bauxite there’s a potential state championship there next year

Just an observation, but I think the Bauxite coach is very happy where he has landed.

beaverfan007

I certainly agree ... I could see Brian hembree take a step up to hc from oc

TrenchHogs

Whoever it ends up being, I hope they keep the run game in the playbook. I believe a balanced offense would benefit Cabot tremendously. I believe they have the athletes to compete through the air but will need lots of practice to do this consistently.

Walter

Quote from: TrenchHogs on November 12, 2018, 02:41:29 pm
Whoever it ends up being, I hope they keep the run game in the playbook. I believe a balanced offense would benefit Cabot tremendously. I believe they have the athletes to compete through the air but will need lots of practice to do this consistently.
Because the structure of Cabot is run from peewee to jr. high to high school  it will take a few years to change the system. No matter who they hire.

cabotpantherman

CoachRH

Quote from: thebigshot on November 08, 2018, 09:04:25 am

If you google job hopper, you would see his name beside it.
That's crazy!

Da Truff

Quote from: beaverfan007 on November 12, 2018, 01:36:12 pm
I certainly agree ... I could see Brian hembree take a step up to hc from oc

This could be his year to do it, He's a heck of a coach.

Beaver Fever

No championship in bauxite next year, they are losing a great class. Not much coming up unless there is a lot of move ins

AirWarren

Quote from: Beaver Fever on November 14, 2018, 11:20:15 am
No championship in bauxite next year, they are losing a great class. Not much coming up unless there is a lot of move ins

They will come and will be found. Don't worry.

ArgentaNLR

Lots of changes in Cabot coaches coming.  Football, boys basketball and girls basketball will all have new head coaches

cabotpantherman

Also a new volleyball head coach was approved last night.

IAFLAR7

What happened to the volleyball coach?

Coach Alley

November 16, 2018, 09:13:25 pm #66 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:15:00 pm by Coach Alley
Quote from: PigskinPete on November 08, 2018, 11:24:58 am
Who are some they lost due to MM's system,  that played college ball?

Mark Odom would have been. He excelled in track, but injuries hurt him. Refused to play for MM.
Jordan Green transferred to Greenwood and did really well there.
Conley Hillegas runs track in college and would have played football in college too, but didn't want to play for MM.

My son also refused to play for MM. Definitely would have been a major college football player.

The MM system is for runningbacks to run into people and absolutely do not bounce it outside or juke anyone.

PigskinPete

Quote from: Coach Alley on November 16, 2018, 09:13:25 pm
Mark Odom would have been. He excelled in track, but injuries hurt him. Refused to play for MM.
Jordan Green transferred to Greenwood and did really well there.
Conley Hillegas runs track in college and would have played football in college too, but didn't want to play for MM.

My son also refused to play for MM. Definitely would have been a major college football player.

The MM system is for runningbacks to run into people and absolutely do not bounce it outside or juke anyone.
You didn't answer my question.

Coach Alley

Quote from: PigskinPete on November 16, 2018, 09:28:33 pm
You didn't answer my question.

Jordan Green ended up playing college ball, but that's because he transferred to Greenwood and continued to play football. The others ran track at Cabot.

PigskinPete

Quote from: Coach Alley on November 17, 2018, 05:44:53 am
Jordan Green ended up playing college ball, but that's because he transferred to Greenwood and continued to play football. The others ran track at Cabot.
Nice list.  Who did Green play for in college?

Kraig Crist

beach bum

Quote from: JacketFan on November 11, 2018, 10:33:43 pm
I heard the new coach at Cabot is gonna be some Chad Morris guy, don't know much about him, think he is from Texas.  Anybody heard of him?

If Cabot wants a Chad Morris type figure just go to the nearest used car lot and listen to a used car salesman speak.....

Baitshop

If that use car salesman can recruit like Chad Morris, then Cabot should hire him...

Coach Alley

Quote from: PigskinPete on November 17, 2018, 06:59:30 am

Not certain, but the other 3 received track scholarships.

beach bum

Quote from: Baitshop on November 17, 2018, 09:56:33 am
If that use car salesman can recruit like Chad Morris, then Cabot should hire him...

16-31 record.... Enough said.

Dapper Dan

Hopefully someone that has somewhat of the same philosophy that Chad Morris does. Biggest school in the state should yield a couple D1 players every once in awhile. Woo pig

Panther36

Davis Wofford played at Cabot and transferred to Joe T.

I think he is committed to Army.

incogneto

Cabotfan

Quote from: TrenchHogs on November 08, 2018, 09:58:41 am
Cabot has lost several talented players over the past 5-10 years due to the Malham system.... Some of which have gone on to play college ball. I hope whoever they bring in can keep the talent they do have!
This will be an interesting process for sure and will have a definite affect on the coaching carousel around Arkansas!

Quote from: PigskinPete on November 08, 2018, 11:24:58 am
Who are some they lost due to MM's system,  that played college ball?
Quote from: PigskinPete on November 17, 2018, 06:59:30 am

Quote from: Panther36 on November 19, 2018, 11:39:39 am

Sounds like a short list that stands at 2? One of which we can't remember where he played and the other may be committed to Army?

2 real difference makers in 30 plus years. MM should have a couple of more state championships with numbers like that.  8)

Cabotfan

eyeproblem

Mike Malham did a great job at Cabot. He's one of the most well respected coaches in Arkansas and if you would ask anyone who played for him I believe they'd tell you how big of an influence he's been in their lives. Some of the comments here are laughable, fan/parent biased that come from a position of ignorance.

Baitshop

Quote from: incogneto on November 19, 2018, 01:08:45 pm
Zack Clark

You are Definitely onto something here....and would be a good hire scheme wise.

#1thetruth

November 20, 2018, 01:58:11 pm #82 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 04:19:31 pm by #1thetruth
Quote from: Cabotfan on November 19, 2018, 01:12:00 pm
Sounds like a short list that stands at 2? One of which we can't remember where he played and the other may be committed to Army?

2 real difference makers in 30 plus years. MM should have a couple of more state championships with numbers like that.  8)

There may have been more if they had the sense to transfer.... didn't Waffard play tackle or guard for Cabot????  if that's the case he made a great choice to transfer.  My boy played baseball against him when Arkadelphia played Robinson this past season.  He's better than good ball player.  Go Badgers!!!

incogneto

November 24, 2018, 08:45:05 am #83 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 08:47:56 am by incogneto
My short list if i were AD would be in no order:

Zack Clark
Chris Hill
Darrell Patton
JR Eldridge
Robert Hooks
Aaron Danenhauer
Branson Middleton

cabotpantherman

Cabot's next Coach will be a surprise to many.

Brian G

Quote from: cabotpantherman on November 24, 2018, 02:19:00 pm
Cabot's H next E Coach M will B be R a E surprise E to many.
I think I can detect your code

thebigshot

Quote from: incogneto on November 24, 2018, 08:45:05 am
My short list if i were AD would be in no order:

Zack Clark
Chris Hill
Darrell Patton
JR Eldridge
Robert Hooks
Aaron Danenhauer
Branson Middleton

It's a good thing you aren't an AD, you would be bad at it.

Brian G

Quote from: thebigshot on November 24, 2018, 02:54:22 pm

Scott Reed a lock huh?

cabotpantherman

He will be younger than Scott Reed

Brian G

I have been waiting for someone to actually say it.....

RZback

I could see Bryants coach moving to Cabot because of the new little Rock HS opening.  That's going to pull kids out of the bryant FB roster.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on November 24, 2018, 03:42:09 pm

Out of stater, right?

Walter

zebrafan

Quote from: B.G. on November 24, 2018, 03:42:09 pm
Me too!

GotInfo?

This job is long from being filled just yet from what I hear. I hear they are talking to several to gage interest and compare situations, then go after a few from there. I'll be shocked if it isn't done before Christmas break for schools.

incogneto

Quote from: thebigshot on November 24, 2018, 02:54:22 pm

Haha 😂

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: RZback on November 24, 2018, 03:58:54 pm
I could see Bryants coach moving to Cabot because of the new little Rock HS opening.  That's going to pull kids out of the bryant FB roster.

I've been having this discussion as well. Do you think this is actually a possibility?

What impact will it have on the Bryant roster? Joe T Robinson Roster? Etc etc. Will the newness of the school and "Little Rock pride" really pull that many kids from better performance schools and better environments?

I've had these same thoughts as well, in the shift that SWLR high will have on metro schools. Including the commuter towns.

AirWarren

Quote from: Panther36 on November 19, 2018, 11:39:39 am

Of course he did.

That team is made up of the all stars of the Little Rock Metro area.

Overdahill

Quote from: AirWarren on November 27, 2018, 11:22:21 am
Of course he did.

That team is made up of the all stars of the Little Rock Metro area.

but does the All Star team finally get a trophy this year???

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas