• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How does Mountain Pine Look This year?

Started by baller99, January 30, 2006, 06:30:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baller99

I'm just wonder what you think about Mountain Pine this year? Right now there 18-1 and and the only lost was 2 points to fountain lake. How far do you think they will go into state.

Perry_Mc

Yeah, they had an off night because they have beat ft. lake 2 outta 3 times they played them and both times were double digit wins. They have a lot of talent so I bet they'll go pretty far.

ballin2520

The night they lost to ftn lake they had 3 starters on the bench in foul trouble in the first quarter. Mtn. Pine is good but they arent very deep so that hurt them pretty bad.

mossified4

our bench is stronger than it has shown cause we havent been challenged by fouls often or many close games we arent as strong as first semester we lost some d due to grades but we are deeper than we seem we have people coming of the bench averageing 9-10 points a game

John M.

Who has Mountain Pine beaten that was a real quality opponent.I mean someone that is ranked.

For example BIC has beaten class 4A Greene County Tech
and Earle has beaten class 5A Jonesboro.

Wraith

Exactly my point.  I am glad that someone else has seen this.  Hughes, Altheimer, BIC, and Earle are the teams that will dominate others bc they have played the schedules that would make any other AA school pee their pants.  Mt. Pine has played a garbage schedule and that will show Pine their weaknesses if they make it to State.  The 5AA North is the most balanced conference in the state as far as talent and records.  Only one team in the North is terrible and the rest can make you look bad on any night that they decide to show up.

mc

I am big supporter of Mt Pine, and when they are playing good no1 can touch them, however I believe the 5AA North is too good and will have 2 teams in the state tourney.  BTW baller99  you don't get on this board much do you, half the topics are about Mt Pine started by Mossified

John M.

I haven't seen Mountain Pine play this year but I would still bet that not only would schools like BIC,Earle,Altheimer,Junction City be able to touch them,they would beat them by double digits.

I'm not trying to slam Mountain Pine,I'm sure they are a solid ball club but you need play teams that will challenge you and expose your weaknesses.That way you are prepared come tourney time.You have seen quicker teams,taller teams and all kinds of defenses.Basically nothing will catch you off guard.

Football_Han_D_Cap

VERY, very talented but coaching will kill them. Mt. Pine has taken the same scheduling route that the 5AA-South owner Jessieville takes with a weak-sister schedule. It will catch up with them come tourney time. Haven't seen Earle play, but of the other teams mentioned above Mt. Pine is at least as physically talented.

John M.

As physically talented?As Altheimer?I really doubt it.As BIC?Who do they have as talented as Brooks Taylor?As Junction City?Do they have someone to match up with James Anderson?

Please don't respond because these are rhetorical questions.I already know the answers.If you want to say that they are fundamentally sound and you believe they can beat any these teams on the right night....okay I could give you that but as physically talented?No.

mossified4

we might not have anyone who can matchup one on one but we are balanced and team speed and quickness is very good and we always seem to find a way to win we will just have to see when we get on the court

ilovelakeouachita

One advantage that Mt. Pine has is a Coach that can win a game when they are DOWN
I have seen this guy coach games that didn't have a glimmer of hope and win.  It is
amazing, but they also have a quite a lot of talent on the court this year as well.  Hopefully, they will keep their cool and go deep in the tournaments.

John M.

Okay,tell me who have they beaten thats ranked or is a higher classification.They may be legit but I just believe their schedule is weak.This seems to really hurt teams come tourney time.

mossified4

fountain lake twice at ftn. lake by 20 both times

John M.

Didn't Fountain Lake beat Mountain Pine as well?

Is Fountain Lake ranked?Are they a larger classification?

mossified4

Quote from: John M. on February 01, 2006, 12:33:38 pm
Didn't Fountain Lake beat Mountain Pine as well?

Is Fountain Lake ranked?Are they a larger classification?
they are a larger classification but we played bad and lost by 2 and we havent lost in aa

John M.

Okay they are an average AAA school.Yes, you have beaten everyone else but look at the quality of opponents.That is what is going hurt you come tounament time.

For example,look at BIC's schedule,since they're the closest team in my area.

They played AAAAA Jonesboro within 3 at Jonesboro.
They played an beat AAAA Greene County Tech.
They've played Hughes twice,after Friday they'll have played Earle twice.Not mention they play in one of if not toughest AA conference in the state.These type games prepare you for state.

Listen,I hope Mountain Pine has success in the tournament and maybe having the State Tourney close to home will help.I've just seen too many times a team come in with a great record and get bumped early because they hadn't seen the caliber play they were going to face I believe a coach should schedule a few tough non-conference opponents even if its going to hurt the win loss record.

mc

Mt Pine didn't need a cupcake schedule this year.  If Pine had lost 8 games the would be a better team than they are now with 1 loss.

John M.

Quote from: The Champ Is Here on February 01, 2006, 04:58:07 pm
Mt Pine didn't need a cupcake schedule this year. If Pine had lost 8 games the would be a better team than they are now with 1 loss.

I agree......I think ???

wonderboys

I agree, the weak schedule will hurt them down the road. As well as the lack of tradition.

Wraith

What took everyone to finally voice their opinion as I have been doing this whole time.  Huhes, BIC, Althemier, and Earle will be the best 4 teams in the State Tournament and how funny is it going to be that if these 4 teams play against each other in their Region, then we are talking about these 4 teams playing in the State semi-finals.  Talk about an awesome Tournament.

John M.

Quote from: Wraith on February 02, 2006, 11:46:51 am
What took everyone to finally voice their opinion as I have been doing this whole time. Huhes, BIC, Althemier, and Earle will be the best 4 teams in the State Tournament and how funny is it going to be that if these 4 teams play against each other in their Region, then we are talking about these 4 teams playing in the State semi-finals. Talk about an awesome Tournament.

Is the bracket set up that these 4 could meet up in the semi's?

I would add Junction City to that mix,probably ahead of Hughes right now.

mc

I don't know if this would really be a sleeper pick, but I think LR ECS will make a run in the state tourney.

superd2312

Quote from: Wraith on February 02, 2006, 11:46:51 am
What took everyone to finally voice their opinion as I have been doing this whole time. Huhes, BIC, Althemier, and Earle will be the best 4 teams in the State Tournament and how funny is it going to be that if these 4 teams play against each other in their Region, then we are talking about these 4 teams playing in the State semi-finals. Talk about an awesome Tournament.
Are u an expert or something or are you just sayin what you think, what do you really know about these four teams, i know you live in Bigelow so just wonderin how you know so much.

wonderboys

Quote from: The Champ Is Here on February 02, 2006, 07:05:58 pm
I don't know if this would really be a sleeper pick, but I think LR ECS will make a run in the state tourney.

Wraith is gonna slam you for that pick.

Wraith

hahahah wonderboys...... agreed.  Nah at least he isn't on here bragging.  I respect that statement as it is not saying " ECS is by far the best team" like those people did in football when they have a revamped team.  Anyways Super D, I know bc I have talked to coaches and watched basketball almost my whole life and can tell by what teams that these 4 play and how bad they win and beat up on each other.  You are still in hs, and if not it is sad that you're trying to just start a fight with me.  These are the facts as Eudora is a pretender and doesn't play anyone.  Mt. Pine hasn't played a state quality team all year.  Maybe Ft. Lake bc they are AAA.  ECS has played pretty well in the North this year, but have a feeling that a good squad that plays "team" ball will have their way with them.  I would have to say that those 4 are the most well-rounded and most prepared for State thus far.  JC maybe, but all I hear is Anderson.  How is the rest of their team?  So super D, instead of just trying to start something, just stick with the facts and I don't care if they hurt your's or mossified's feelings bc your conference is truly weak.  And this will not prepare Pine.  If they do end up doing good, then I will be first to congratulate them.  But I just don't see it happening.

wonderboys

Quote from: Wraith on February 02, 2006, 10:01:15 pm
hahahah wonderboys...... agreed. Nah at least he isn't on here bragging. I respect that statement as it is not saying " ECS is by far the best team" like those people did in football when they have a revamped team. Anyways Super D, I know bc I have talked to coaches and watched basketball almost my whole life and can tell by what teams that these 4 play and how bad they win and beat up on each other. You are still in hs, and if not it is sad that you're trying to just start a fight with me. These are the facts as Eudora is a pretender and doesn't play anyone. Mt. Pine hasn't played a state quality team all year. Maybe Ft. Lake bc they are AAA. ECS has played pretty well in the North this year, but have a feeling that a good squad that plays "team" ball will have their way with them. I would have to say that those 4 are the most well-rounded and most prepared for State thus far. JC maybe, but all I hear is Anderson. How is the rest of their team? So super D, instead of just trying to start something, just stick with the facts and I don't care if they hurt your's or mossified's feelings bc your conference is truly weak. And this will not prepare Pine. If they do end up doing good, then I will be first to congratulate them. But I just don't see it happening.

Do you think that the Pine will make it to state, or do you think they will fall in the regional?

Wraith

I think the North is too strong for any team from the South to advance in Regionals.

mossified4

Quote from: Wraith on February 03, 2006, 12:12:44 pm
I think the North is too strong for any team from the South to advance in Regionals.
you are stupid and its as simple as that we will prove that we arent overrated come regional time

wonderboys

Quote from: mossified4 on February 03, 2006, 12:21:02 pm
Quote from: Wraith on February 03, 2006, 12:12:44 pm
you are stupid and its as simple as that we will prove that we arent overrated come regional time

That is what it is all about.

mc

Mt Pine advances Jville CMS and Magnet Cove will probably be eliminated.

Wraith

Pine will have to either play Bigelow, Lutheran, or Hector in first round of Regionals.  any of these teams can beat you as these teams are inconsistent.  If you catch them on a good night, it doesn't matter how many good athletes you have.  You will get beat.  These teams play good TEAM ball.  They don't just have to be able to shoot the lights out.

superd2312

Im not so sure about Hector? Ive seen them play three times and after them beating Episcapol i think Pine and Jville represent in state. Baptist beat Luthern who Jville beat Baptist by 25. And Pine and Bigelow face off this week so we will see a good preview, the only team that scares me is AL cause i havnt seen them play yet.

Wraith

Hector has gotten plenty better and it is near impossible to beat Baptist at home.  Look at their scores on APHSports.com when they play people at home.  They usually hold their opponents under 50 pts. 

mossified4

Quote from: Wraith on February 04, 2006, 02:30:41 pm
Pine will have to either play Bigelow, Lutheran, or Hector in first round of Regionals. any of these teams can beat you as these teams are inconsistent. If you catch them on a good night, it doesn't matter how many good athletes you have. You will get beat. These teams play good TEAM ball. They don't just have to be able to shoot the lights out.
what is hectors record this year i heard that it is not very good and if they beat episcopal than the north has many problems and they are balanced but very weakly balanced

Wraith

You are a moron.  The teams in the North have spurts and if you catch them on a night that they are on fire you will get beat no question.  You team Mt. Pine, however, haven't even had a chance to have a down game bc when you have one, you still win bc you play garbage teams.

mossified4

ftn lake no j-ville who has lost once in your conference and has played almost the whole conference you are just upu on your conference cause thats where you are from you are giving them to much credit

mossified4

Quote from: Wraith on February 07, 2006, 12:10:28 pm
You are a moron. The teams in the North have spurts and if you catch them on a night that they are on fire you will get beat no question. You team Mt. Pine, however, haven't even had a chance to have a down game bc when you have one, you still win bc you play garbage teams.
you said it not me i agree though when we play like garbage we still find a way to win and what is your problem with pine anyway

Wraith

No problem with Pine.  These are forums and when I disagree with something, I have the right to back it up with evidence.  And with that said, I do not think Pine will make it far due to lack of scheduling.  It just proves that having a strong schedule is prepares you for the Torunaments that's all.

Ballhawker

Pine is loaded with talent, but I think when they get in a tight situation, it'll be tough for them to overcome.  There are some mental cases on that team, and I think the coach has no answer for them when things get tough.  We'll see, but he has had talent in the past, and never advanced.

Wraith

Is their coach really not that good?  I have heard on another thread that he wasn't up to par.  Idk I have only seen Pine play like 4 times within the past 2-3 years. 

blees10

Mountain Pine's coach is great. He has won the game for us from time to time. At J'ville, he drew up a play that sent the game into overtime on a wide open lay-up. He is a winner and he has made all of us the same way. Pine has an advantage with him in our corner. Now its just up to the players.

Ballhawker

Blees, you gave a good answer.  I hope you are right, and good luck to you and your team.  I've known this league for many, many years, and all I'm saying is that your coach hasn't proven to win the big one yet, and he's had a lot of talent there in the past.  Maybe this year he will get it.  You guys are definitely talented enough!!!  Good luck, because it looks like you are going to have to get Jville again next Sat. night in the conf. tourn. finals. 

BUCKET

A coach can only do so much, but I've spoken to the man before and watched his team play and he seems to know what he's doing.  Very few coaches have won the big one.

mossified4

Quote from: Wraith on January 31, 2006, 10:42:24 pm
Exactly my point. I am glad that someone else has seen this. Hughes, Altheimer, BIC, and Earle are the teams that will dominate others bc they have played the schedules that would make any other AA school pee their pants. Mt. Pine has played a garbage schedule and that will show Pine their weaknesses if they make it to State. The 5AA North is the most balanced conference in the state as far as talent and records. Only one team in the North is terrible and the rest can make you look bad on any night that they decide to show up.

who has anyone frome the 5aa north played outside of conference mp has beaten fountain lake who is a close 2nd in the 7aaa we beat them twice by double digits

wonderboys

Quote from: mossified4 on February 10, 2006, 01:25:17 pm
Quote from: Wraith on January 31, 2006, 10:42:24 pm
Exactly my point. I am glad that someone else has seen this. Hughes, Altheimer, BIC, and Earle are the teams that will dominate others bc they have played the schedules that would make any other AA school pee their pants. Mt. Pine has played a garbage schedule and that will show Pine their weaknesses if they make it to State. The 5AA North is the most balanced conference in the state as far as talent and records. Only one team in the North is terrible and the rest can make you look bad on any night that they decide to show up.

who has anyone frome the 5aa north played outside of conference mp has beaten fountain lake who is a close 2nd in the 7aaa we beat them twice by double digits

and that is your only claim to fame.....

mossified4

mps coach has been at mp for like 20 years and the whole time has been like top 2 atleast in the coference
and mp will play kirby on monday

superd2312

It will be a good game but ive played against them both, and i say Kirby by 7.

wonderboys

WOW! I wish I could make this game, where is it at?

PopTart Man

It's at Mountain Pine. Should be an extremely good game. Kirby is just good all the way around.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas