• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trumann and Rivercrest...close game?

Started by Coltfan2005, September 15, 2018, 07:50:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltfan2005

I was told that Trumann is better than most people think and that Rivercrest is struggling offensively. True, Rivercrest offense has yet to mesh but the defense is firing on all cylinders. Just don't know much about Trumann, kind of looked over them. Still thinking the Colts defense makes the difference and Rivercrest wins...but by how much? Close game?

Ghs21

Ghs21

Trumann will hang in there for the first half but they will get tired

501Arkansas

I dont think this game will be close, colts by as many as they want.

bigchief72455

Trumann looking good after beating the same bad Paragould team the Pocahontas and Rivercrest beat up on

Warriorfan21

Quote from: 501Arkansas on September 16, 2018, 02:09:04 am
I dont think this game will be close, colts by as many as they want.
I agree! Trumann is on a down year.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Warriorfan21 on September 16, 2018, 10:57:04 am
I agree! Trumann is on a down year.

Are they? Played a decent Hoxie team pretty tight and their defense held Paragould to fewer points than Rivercrest or Pocohontas did. Of course it could be Hoxie is over rated, only beating Trumann and Cave City...maybe holding Paragould to 7 was a fluke.

bigchief72455

September 16, 2018, 01:04:50 pm #7 Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:07:00 pm by bigchief72455
Trumann does not have the offense they had last season for sure.

ISU7

bigchief72455

Actually Paragould scored 2 special teams tds against Pocahontas. Only one was scored on the actual defense.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 16, 2018, 04:08:50 pm
Actually Paragould scored 2 special teams tds against Pocahontas. Only one was scored on the actual defense.

So, you are saying trumann special teams is better than Pokey"s?

bigchief72455

No. I am saying Pocahontas defense only gave up 1 td and held Paragould to only 87  yards total offense.

Coltfan2005

But you also said their special teams flubbed and gave up two scores in one game.  Cause trumann gave up no special teams score to Paragould. Can  Pokey's special teams afford to do that at Rivercrest or Gosnell?

bigchief72455

Can Rivercrest s defense afford to give up 295 yards rushing to Pocahontas or Gosnell. Probably not. Didn't have a special teams problem the next week. Just like RC didn't give many yards the following week. I guess we will all find out in a few weeks exactly how the games will go. Speculation is all we have until then.

Coltfan2005

You are aware the Rams #1 back got hurt and was limited to only carrying the ball 10 times against Pokey? And in the 10 carries he had over 45 yards? By your "if" game, what if he had not got hurt? If he had carried 30 times would he have gained 135 yards? What if he carried 37 times? Seems you are leaving some facts out of your blanket statements. Pokey is giving up 26 points a game...that's the bottom line. Nettleton and SS should have been embarrassing wake up calls but they weren't.
Pokey has no running back that is a threat to any good defense. The rushing yards come from #3 out of his wide out or the yards your QB gets, which are negated by his in-completions and interceptions.  I saw where someone was blaming the receivers for the in-completions and interceptions. Said they should be more aggressive. What a load of crap. Placing the blame on those kids when the problem is a QB who just isn't ready and coaches who are too blind too see it.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 16, 2018, 08:13:14 pm
You are aware the Rams #1 back got hurt and was limited to only carrying the ball 10 times against Pokey? And in the 10 carries he had over 45 yards? By your "if" game, what if he had not got hurt? If he had carried 30 times would he have gained 135 yards? What if he carried 37 times? Seems you are leaving some facts out of your blanket statements. Pokey is giving up 26 points a game...that's the bottom line. Nettleton and SS should have been embarrassing wake up calls but they weren't.
Pokey has no running back that is a threat to any good defense. The rushing yards come from #3 out of his wide out or the yards your QB gets, which are negated by his in-completions and interceptions.  I saw where someone was blaming the receivers for the in-completions and interceptions. Said they should be more aggressive. What a load of crap. Placing the blame on those kids when the problem is a QB who just isn't ready and coaches who are too blind too see it.
Running back is a problem #33 should be getting the majority of the carries but the coaches haven't made that switch yet

Brown

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 16, 2018, 12:37:22 pm
Are they? Played a decent Hoxie team pretty tight and their defense held Paragould to fewer points than Rivercrest or Pocohontas did. Of course it could be Hoxie is over rated, only beating Trumann and Cave City...maybe holding Paragould to 7 was a fluke.
I was at the game and Paragould's offense was hurting themselves all night.  Too many open receivers were overthrown and there were too many dropped balls.  Penalties were also a big factor Paragould had a big touchdown that would have given them the lead out of halftime called back

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Brown on September 17, 2018, 01:20:17 pm
I was at the game and Paragould's offense was hurting themselves all night.  Too many open receivers were overthrown and there were too many dropped balls.  Penalties were also a big factor Paragould had a big touchdown that would have given them the lead out of halftime called back

Not a big believer in placing any credence in "called back touchdowns".

Digger#23

Colts look terribly overrated.  Nothing impressive on that team.  I expected to see something and didn't  Not sure what Rivercrest hype is all about other than nothing.  Hootens got this ranking wrong. 

Brown

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 17, 2018, 04:50:12 pm
Not a big believer in placing any credence in "called back touchdowns".
I agree it was just a huge momentum killer

ISU7

September 18, 2018, 09:49:52 am #20 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:52:20 am by ISU7
Quote from: Digger#23 on September 17, 2018, 09:01:27 pm
Colts look terribly overrated.  Nothing impressive on that team.  I expected to see something and didn't  Not sure what Rivercrest hype is all about other than nothing.  Hootens got this ranking wrong.
Like they had them ranked low last season but how did that turn out. An impressived win  over #1 JC in the 3A title game. Did yall win state in whatever classification yall played in. lol. Who show everything in non conference games, have you forgotten that Crest is the new kid on the block. They will be fine. By the way Osceola is no slouch and probably would beat whatever team you hiding behind. Good luck too whoever. ;D 8)

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on September 18, 2018, 09:49:52 am
Like they had them ranked low last season but how did that turn out. An impressived win  over #1 JC in the 3A title game. Did yall win state in whatever classification yall played in. lol. Who show everything in non conference games, have you forgotten that Crest is the new kid on the block. They will be fine. By the way Osceola is no slouch and probably would beat whatever team you hiding behind. Good luck too whoever. ;D 8)
Stop it OJ, leave that guy alone. He doesn't know no better lol

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on September 18, 2018, 09:58:41 am
Stop it OJ, leave that guy alone. He doesn't know no better lol
Exactly they they think these NEA teams are weak lol 501 Arkansas . Good luck vs Hoxie bro.

Coltfan2005

So, the defense didn't spark your interest? Really? Do you know anything about football or is this just sour grapes?

OB11

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 18, 2018, 10:43:15 am
So, the defense didn't spark your interest? Really? Do you know anything about football or is this just sour grapes?

He's just trolling...there's no way anyone actually thinks that.

Coltfan2005

Nah, he's ticked because (on another post) I pointed out Bauxite would lose 3 of the conf games for sure (nashville, robinson, warren) and probably lose at least two more. he thinks his team is state bound and is very upset someone slid back the curtain and slammed his dreams. I think the fact it's going to be another losing season has driven him to attempted trolling.

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 18, 2018, 11:01:36 am
Nah, he's ticked because (on another post) I pointed out Bauxite would lose 3 of the conf games for sure (nashville, robinson, warren) and probably lose at least two more. he thinks his team is state bound and is very upset someone slid back the curtain and slammed his dreams. I think the fact it's going to be another losing season has driven him to attempted trolling.
They won't lose a conference game to Warren!! Warrens I'm the 8 not the 7!
However they will lose to Arkadelphia

Digger#23

Not trolling.  It's a fact.  3A champs.  Means nada.  Feelings hurt much Coltboy? You'd be the last person to be asked about football knowledge.  Aren't you the maxpreps king of statistics? That is quite frankly the funniest statement ever made.  Max preps stats are typically incomplete.  Maybe you should have played a down at some point in your life it would help your point of view. 

Coltfan2005

Quote from: SouthsideSouthernerDad on September 18, 2018, 11:38:56 am
They won't lose a conference game to Warren!! Warrens I'm the 8 not the 7!
However they will lose to Arkadelphia

My apologies, typing faster than I am thinking.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Digger#23 on September 18, 2018, 12:24:26 pm
Not trolling.  It's a fact.  3A champs.  Means nada.  Feelings hurt much Coltboy? You'd be the last person to be asked about football knowledge.  Aren't you the maxpreps king of statistics? That is quite frankly the funniest statement ever made.  Max preps stats are typically incomplete.  Maybe you should have played a down at some point in your life it would help your point of view. 

I'm pretty sure I should probably know what max preps is, but it seems to be slipping past me. I love when some guy that played jr high football tries to tell me about anything. Why would my feelings be hurt? The Colts are a small team that everyone besides you expects great things out of. Bauxite's chances for even making the playoffs exists only in the minds of Bauxite fans. Can you give one single reason bauxite is relevant? When the Colts were winning a state championship last year that was meaningless, what was Bauxite doing besides another losing season.

HeberFan

I think it will be the Trumann Show.

(see what I did, there?)

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: HeberFan on September 18, 2018, 01:24:25 pm
I think it will be the Trumann Show.

(see what I did, there?)
Naw Crest is to much for Trumann. 28-7 Crest

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on September 18, 2018, 10:07:03 am
Exactly they they think these NEA teams are weak lol 501 Arkansas . Good luck vs Hoxie bro.
Heck we proved that last season lol. Good luck to you guys to

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on September 19, 2018, 12:19:05 am
Heck we proved that last season lol. Good luck to you guys to
Exactly. Thanks bro. 8)

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 18, 2018, 11:01:36 am
Maybe he hasn't got over that 40-20 lost to the Colts in the 2nd rd of the playoffs 8) in 2009 at da Patch.  ;D ;D

Coltfan2005

Just noticed the time on this. His Mommy let him stay up late! Good for him!

ISU7

bootlegger

Now Gosnell comes to town.this game should be a very good game.

Coltfan2005

Well, even though the Colt QB didn't have a great game, Trumann is actually that bad. Can't wait to see the Colt offense explode when #1 and #3 get in sync and play at their level.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 22, 2018, 04:35:18 pm
Well, even though the Colt QB didn't have a great game, Trumann is actually that bad. Can't wait to see the Colt offense explode when #1 and #3 get in sync and play at their level.
Yes sir I told #3  to relax and just play, if the patterns not open throw it away you cant complete every pass. Tough game for me as a fan Son on Gosnell #88 nephews on Colts #1 & #3.  :-X ;D 8)

Coltfan2005

Nephews are seniors and son is ( I believe) a soph? So, it's OK to pull for Rivercrest over Gosnell one last time! 8)

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 23, 2018, 01:38:42 pm
Nephews are seniors and son is ( I believe) a soph? So, it's OK to pull for Rivercrest over Gosnell one last time! 8)
You think. Lol Yep #88 is a soph but the key word is son.💯💪❤

Coltfan2005

bootlegger

iSU7 I know I would be pulling for my son

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas