• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there a coach out there for SHERIDAN...

Started by wawa111, February 24, 2006, 09:53:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wawa111

If so who is it and when are they going to hire.

footballfan-tastic

wawa111

i just think it is time for them to hire...they have put it off long enough...

moparman77

DON'T KNOW ACCORDING TO HOW MANY MORE COURTESY INTERVIEW THEY WANT TO GIVE. i KNOW THE KIDS DESERVE TO HAVE A COACH BY NOW.

footballfan-tastic

They are probably just wanting to have someone in by springball.

wawa111

yeah but it would be nice for the kids to have a chance to get to know the coach before they started practicing...

moparman77

they made an offer Thursday to someone ,probably buck james haven,t heard for sure

footballfan-tastic

wawa111

isn't he at fairview now...and they are supposed to be really good this year...money talks and bs walks

spartan10

i thought sheridan wanted stability.if they hire buck james i don't see stability,after all he's been at camden only one year.

FBFan92

Why would Buck James Leave CF for Sheridan?  Im my opinion thats a backwards move.

footballfan-tastic

You never know the internal problems that may exist at a school or in a community.  They don't usually tell you about the problems when you interview for jobs, just the good stuff.  I don't know about either place but most towns have some problems.

mikebb13

Try Mike Dormady from Poplar Bluff (Mo.) He's an offensive genius who could be a great fit at Sheridan.

Jimbo Morphis

Kaleb_QB8

footballfan-tastic

Is it confirmed that Sheridan has not hired?  Iheard they had.

givemeabreak

Me too....its "tearing" me up to hear the announcement.

footballfan-tastic

Kaleb_QB8

Quote from: exorcist on March 01, 2006, 10:44:21 am
Is it confirmed that Sheridan has not hired? Iheard they had.

The AD himself told me no we hadn't hired

givemeabreak

I have heard there was a "shred" of interest.

footballfan-tastic

This is better than a mystery novel, we have, we haven't.  Mystery candidates.

HSFBF

I heard two inquired and did not like the overall situation there and the salary was just average. It sure has been a quiet search but evidently nobody in central AR has been interested in moving up to 6A. Seems like a nice area to settle down in and some good players too.. Keep us posted guys.

footballfan-tastic

trapdownumouth

There are some young coaches that are scared to jump in the fire.  They want a head job, but I think when you look at the history of each coach staying an average of 2 years, maybe... it's a BOLD move.  At least they know what they have now.  I think that is the big hurdle for Sheridan, is the past.  Speaks volumns for the smarter, more experienced coaches.  Also, believe it or not, if you don't get on FF or live near Sheridan, some people don't know about the job.  Maybe they should advertise in all parts of the state.  Fayetteville has a paper, Texarkana, Helena, Jonesboro, or Memphis, or like one poster said, Popular Bluff, MO.

marchmadness

Sounds like a great idea to me.  Wonder if they have given that some thought.  There are some good old AR coaches that now coach in bordering states.  They may just want to come back home.  Some one from Sheridan put the word out to advertise around the surrounding states.  Didn't Billy Dawson come from TX or LA?

footballfan-tastic

So I guess they haven't hired?  Even Spainhour's football connections have not produced a coach?

BGB

Quote from: marchmadness on March 07, 2006, 12:24:03 pm
Sounds like a great idea to me. Wonder if they have given that some thought. There are some good old AR coaches that now coach in bordering states. They may just want to come back home. Some one from Sheridan put the word out to advertise around the surrounding states. Didn't Billy Dawson come from TX or LA?
LONOKE ARKANSAS

footballfan-tastic

Dawson grew up in Nashville didn't he?  I remember them talking about him coming home.

BGB

yea sorry, i was just sayin where we got him from.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas