• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Basketball

Started by laketownballer, March 11, 2016, 07:09:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

laketownballer

I Noticed Warren is looking for a Boys and Girls Basketball Coach.

Anyone know whats the story there?
Any Talent there or Talent coming?

Pat Swilling

Who Coached the Boys recently?

Jack1990

Pat Swilling

Jack1990

1998billieblue

Bo runs the BBALL program at Warren.  All of the best athletes play football.

SportsDad

The Jr. Boys went undefeated this year... so there is a lot of talent moving up along with some solid underclassmen. The JACKS should make a good run in the playoffs the next 3-4 years. The next coach has an opportunity to make an immediate impact on 4A basketball with the players that will be available.

Pat Swilling

Jack1990

AirWarren

Quote from: 1998billieblue on March 11, 2016, 10:14:09 am
Bo runs the BBALL program at Warren.  All of the best athletes play football.

Highly incorrect about the best athletes playing football. A lot of the football players play basketball.

Billie Blue

What's going on in lumberjack country to lose the boys and girls coach at the same time maybe retirement but I'm going to throw out a name for the boys coach just to get something started Bo has a brother that's a assistant at malvern maybe he wants another hembree  over there

AirWarren

I'm not sure what's going on. Coach H came to warren when I was in high school in the early 2000s. Very nice lady. I don't know much about the former boys coach.

Billie Blue

Well whoever gets the coaching jobs over there will inherent a good up and coming boys team that should make some noise in the near future if they stick to basketball as well as football the girls have a good jr high team that finished in the top 4 of district and you are correct about the girls and boys coach very nice people seen them both at the regional and state tournament this year

Romeo

Not sure of what the situation is with Coach May but apparently a number of people came out to the school board meeting tonight in support of the coach: http://salineriverchronicle.blogspot.com/2016/03/board-receives-petition-supporting-head.html

Jack1990

Can't wait to see what happens now!

AirWarren

That is awesome. From what I've seen of coach may, he loves the Lumberjacks. He is always on the sidelines at football games getting the crowd into it etc. He has some very good talent coming up in basketball as well.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on March 15, 2016, 07:51:49 am
That is awesome. From what I've seen of coach may, he loves the Lumberjacks. He is always on the sidelines at football games getting the crowd into it etc. He has some very good talent coming up in basketball as well.
if he fires up the crowd at football games I can't imagine wanting to get rid of him as a basketball coach. what are they thinking?

AirWarren

SportsDad

Quote from: Jack1990 on March 15, 2016, 06:57:47 am
Can't wait to see what happens now!

I would think that once the decision was made, there is no turning back now.

Jack1990

Quote from: SportsDad on March 15, 2016, 11:29:47 am
I would think that once the decision was made, there is no turning back now.
You're probably right...but it does make for good discussion.

NWA Hawg

Any update on what they are going to do about the coach? Did the petition help?

redwolf99

Quote from: fann07 on March 17, 2016, 07:12:09 pm
Any update on what they are going to do about the coach? Did the petition help?

I am assuming they got rid of him unless he is doing Jr high. One of my buddies called a baseball game last night with an ump from that area and he said they interviewed a good one this week for that position and was really hoping to get him because they really thought he would be the one to get Warren basketball on track.

Romeo

April 12, 2016, 10:15:08 pm #22 Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 10:21:55 pm by Romeo
New Warren basketball coaches: http://salineriverchronicle.blogspot.com/2016/04/board-hires-new-head-coaches-for.html

Josh Nix - Boys Basketball, former Emerson coach. Led Emerson to 35-1 record and state championship game this past season.

Jae Kell - Girls Basketball, Nettleton 9th grade coach

~WPS~

Quote from: Romeo on April 12, 2016, 10:15:08 pm
New Warren basketball coaches: http://salineriverchronicle.blogspot.com/2016/04/board-hires-new-head-coaches-for.html

Josh Nix - Boys Basketball, former Emerson coach. Led Emerson to 35-1 record and state championship game this past season.

Jae Kell - Girls Basketball, Nettleton 9th grade coach
Jae Kell is the wife of former Scrapper lineman Tyler Kell. I see that he has accepted a job at Warren as an assistant football coach.

AirWarren

Quote from: ~WPS~ on April 12, 2016, 11:30:23 pm
Jae Kell is the wife of former Scrapper lineman Tyler Kell. I see that he has accepted a job at Warren as an assistant football coach.

Awesome. Thanks for that insight.

Looks like we also hired a proven basketball coach.

redwolf99

Nix was a great hire for Warren, I know Emerson will hate to lose him but this should get him a little closer to his family. I haven't had the opportunity to see Kell Coach but if she is as good a  coach as she was a player she will do just fine.

AirWarren

Where is Nix originally from?

redwolf99

He is from Sparkman and according to some Emerson posters on the 1A page, he has been making that trip everyday for 5 years. This should be about 30-35 miles closer for him

AirWarren

Oh wow. Yeah sparkman isn't too too too far from Warren. Makes me wonder if he will move to Warren.

AirWarren

One thing is for sure, he is about to inherit a gold mine of talent for the next 4 years.

redwolf99

I have only seen him coach a few times and he is a class act for sure. I watched the 1A finals this year and sat with folks that were from other schools in Emerson's region and for every compliment made about the team somebody had one for Nix as well so he has to be a good guy.

Oldref

Coach Nix is a class guy and very good coach . Congratulations coach nix and also to warren for getting him.

Lumberjackfan1978

Really excited about this hire, should help Warren get Basketball to being competitive

hawgfan15

Home run hire for Warren. Coach Nix is a very good coach

SportsDad

Quote from: AirWarren on April 13, 2016, 02:43:20 pm
One thing is for sure, he is about to inherit a gold mine of talent for the next 4 years.

Yes... the potential for a championship run is there...

redwolf99

Quote from: SportsDad on April 14, 2016, 01:41:18 pm
Yes... the potential for a championship run is there...

well if the potential is there Nix will be the one to do it. Emerson did not have football so I wonder how this will affect the time Nix has to work with the players. Is Warren a big 4A school or a smaller 4A? Do the players play both basketball & football or focus on one sport?

AirWarren

Depends on the kids. I've seen kids name playing basketball but not football and vice versa. But for the most part, football players play on the basketball team.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Well, I'll be the first to say that the politics that got Coach May out of Sr high weren't fair. But I've heard a lot of good things on Coach Nix and he has a very impressive record. Excited for my son's senior year when it comes to sports, education not so much...

SportsDad

trust me when I say that the potential is there...
with the jr. high talent that is moving up, combined with some very solid upper class players, I believe that this team will make a lot of noise in the 4A the next 3-4 years.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Oh, I trust you. Warren's super had supposedly already promised the job to one of his buddies until Nix put his name in the hat. 

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on April 16, 2016, 12:17:28 pm
Oh, I trust you. Warren's super had supposedly already promised the job to one of his buddies until Nix put his name in the hat. 

Hiring a "buddy" I see. I don't know how much I like that thought process. Glad he went the route of hiring a legit coach.

PuddlePirate12

Looks like I just became a Warren fan. Will definitely be at the games this year. Having played for Nix I can say he is an awesome coach. Happy for him and his family!

AirWarren

smackdat014

AirWarren

I see that the former coach Jimmy May and Sandra Hatley have been retained within the school. Coach may will do golf/football/dean of students at Brunson. And former lady jack coach Sandra Hatley will be dean of students for high school/driver's Ed/special projects leader.

I think those are great. Both have given a lot to the Warren community and schools.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas