• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A East Regional @ Riverview

Started by HorseFeathers, February 21, 2016, 09:16:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Missco

February 28, 2016, 02:15:36 pm #50 Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:17:17 pm by Missco
Oh lawd

Ghs21

He was there best defense player, probably best ball handler . Very important to te team. Prayers go out to the young man

Sports1511

It really amazes me how you in the same paragraph feel sorry for one player and bash another. When in reality you are the parent that went after that child in the locker rooms yelling at him and also going as far as putting your finger in a females face after this game among other things.  I think it all goes back to the parents first for teaching such behaviors and I'm not leaving anyone out on this but your post just gave intent for such an act in which I hope was not the case. I was not there to see the game at regionals  so I can't speak on that incident but there seems to be a lot of adult influence in this matter.

Missco

Lol, Westside has a history here. Lol, everyone knows it and you won't here many people defend them. It is what it is. I could write 50 paragraphs of examples. I have a friend that sat in Westside section at district finals. Her sister teaches their and the fans didn't know she was from here. She said it was the worst fans she had ever been around. I have film of some westside/ Gosnell games from 25 years ago. Some interesting language on tapes. Westside coach is not very well liked by peers and is the same type of person. What about in the seventies when Westside fans show up to football game with sheets on. It is by far the only school in the 3-4A like that. I could go on with other examples. Real classy school district. God doesn't differentiate based on race or any other characteristic. It is sad that people don't realize all people are human. " not evil and ------ " as Mr. Felt's or Whitmire would say. I take it personal when kids are down graded based on color. And know I am not using the race card because I am stating facts. I could go on and on. What about in the mid 90.s when Hughes played in Westside conference and similar things occurred. What about 1989 in a football game where a brawl happened because the white Gosnell football players got tired of what was being said to team mates. I could go on and on. Maybe Westside can't handle it because Gosnellbis like 42-2 against Westside football. Westside has won a few more basketball games against Gosnell. I think the series is around 70 to 20 or so.

ballislife101

Quote from: Warrior91 on February 28, 2016, 12:33:46 pm
Okay let's straighten this out. The kid from Gosnell gets a breakaway and the kid from Westside trails the play and tries to block the shot. The Westside kid hits the arm of the Gosnell kid as he dunks the ball. Yes there was some contact on the play, but nothing malicious or intentional. The Gosnell kid got a little off balance from the contact and fell awkwardly on his arm causing the broken wrist. The Westside kid didn't intentionally hurt the kid and there was no "slamming" into anything. It was a clean, competitive basketball play. It was just an unlucky fall that lead to a terrible result. All three refs at the game said that it was a clean play.
No one wanted this to happen and it clearly wasn't intentional. It was a tough break for the Gosnell player and for the team, who had a legitimate chance of making a run in state. Prayers go out to the kid from Gosnell. I hated to see the kid hurt because he is a very good player and important part of their team. The kid from Westside took the situation hard and felt terribly. Let's no make a young kid the scapegoat of an unfortunate event.

There was 7 seconds left in the game, there was honestly no reason for the dunk nor the hard foul. I just hate it for the Gosnell team. Im sure #10 feels bad about the situation, but if he hasn't I think it would be best to reach out to the Gosnell kid and apologize. I hope it wasn't intentional and im sure it wasn't. I was just stating what I was told by numerous people. No im not from Gosnell, so im not taking sides. Not trying to stir anything up, and sorry if i did.

whsbballfan

Once again, I'm not really for hashing this out over a message board but I don't have your number.  My son has reached out to a Gosnell player letting him know the play was not malicious.  The Gosnell player responded and understood it was not dirty.  My point was to tell the other side of the story.  One kid is getting ridiculed and pointed out by another fan base while there is no mention of the previous incident by the Gosnell side.  As I said before,  I did not mention the Gosnell player by name or number on a public forum.  You are going off second hand information as you were not there Saturday.  What more must I say than the refs and a Gosnell teammate did not deem the play malicious.  The end result of a kid with a broken wrist  is not good and we hope for a speedy recovery.  My only point in bringing up the previous incidents were two fold.  First,  there was no outcry on a public forum repremanding your own player and secondly what had happened in the past caused this play to be deemed intentional by some in the Gosnell fan base. 

ballislife101

Quote from: whsbballfan on February 28, 2016, 09:19:45 pm
Once again, I'm not really for hashing this out over a message board but I don't have your number.  My son has reached out to a Gosnell player letting him know the play was not malicious.  The Gosnell player responded and understood it was not dirty.  My point was to tell the other side of the story.  One kid is getting ridiculed and pointed out by another fan base while there is no mention of the previous incident by the Gosnell side.  As I said before,  I did not mention the Gosnell player by name or number on a public forum.  You are going off second hand information as you were not there Saturday.  What more must I say than the refs and a Gosnell teammate did not deem the play malicious.  The end result of a kid with a broken wrist  is not good and we hope for a speedy recovery.  My only point in bringing up the previous incidents were two fold.  First,  there was no outcry on a public forum repremanding your own player and secondly what had happened in the past caused this play to be deemed intentional by some in the Gosnell fan base.
It is like you did not read my last post sir, it is NOT my player. I did not say your son was a terrible person. I did not know if he reached out to him or not. That why I said IF he didn't it would be kind of him too. So no reason to jump the gun. It was an obvious foul and ive seen recordings so i saw it from a perspective. Im not saying it was on purpose and im in no way making it ridiculing your son. If he reached out great im happy for the both of them. It was just an unfortunate accident. Time will heal it and people will move on. I previously said  I was not trying to stir up anything. So lets leave it be, we all understand your side of the story and know that it was a mistake.

whsbballfan

I did not see your post before my reply.  It was not directed at you but to Sports1511.

westhelena1

I would just like to say that it was a joy to watch a game that was hard fought and played like it should be by both teams. That would be Helena and Riverview. I hope the schools can work out a nonconference game in the regular season next year since we won't be in the same regular season conference. That is developing into a good basketball rivalry. Riverview did a great job hosting the tournament.

Sports1511

I said nothing about you son in my post simply stating a fact that as parents we have a lot of influence on our kids and your actions during and after that game were not actions that I would be teaching my kids.

Cm31029

why did the kid try not to help him up after the hard foul ??? all im asking....there mad cuz they got spanked when it mattered the most....Gosnell Beat Them At District and finished wit a dunk in Gosnell and searcy ....But hey its over Its State Time For Gosnell !!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas