• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Baseball

Started by TIGER101, November 22, 2011, 05:34:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TIGER101

November 22, 2011, 05:34:24 pm Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:36:20 pm by TIGER101
This year will it come down to PG and Shiloh again, or can Farmington or another team get back into the mix?

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 22, 2011, 05:34:24 pm
This year will it come down to PG and Shiloh again, or can Farmington or another team get back into the mix?

Losing the Beeks kid will be a much bigger blow to Prairie Grove than what most of you are going to want to admit.

TIGER101

November 24, 2011, 01:35:36 pm #2 Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 03:13:22 pm by TIGER101
Duh, you think so??lol lol.  I'm sure Shiloh wont miss Oliver and Farmington wont miss Spencer! !!!  It still will be PG and Shiloh. 

Kenny

Thats a very good point TIGER101. I think Farmington drops off alot with the loss of their only pitcher. I'm curious as to see who can challenge the Tigers and Saints for the top spots in the state.

TIGER101

PA will be very loaded along with PG and Shiloh

TIGER101

PA was a lot like PG last year.  Both were very young, they will be hard to handle this year.

Kenny

Who are the top pitchers in 4 A? I know everyone lost alot because of graduation

TIGER101

For PG it will be Kincaid, Shiloh will have Patrino, not sure about Farmington

Kenny

Yea I feel like the rest of the conference will have a tough time with those 2. Are they both seniors?

Flanders

The petrino kid is a senior. Kincaids just a junior I believe

slurve

Quote from: Flanders on November 26, 2011, 11:08:39 am

Who did Petrino sign with ?

Flanders

Not sure if he has. Harris signed with missouri state and Paulino with ualr

TIGER101

Quote from: Flanders on November 26, 2011, 11:08:39 am

This is correct.

TIGER101

PG will return all but two starters, Shiloh I think lost 4 or 5 but had plenty of depth.  Farmington, I would say somewhere around 5 also.

TIGER101

Quote from: Flanders on November 27, 2011, 03:06:26 pm

I thought Harris could do better than MS.

Kenny

I dont think missouri states bad but I agree with you the kid can flat out play. Would have liked to see him go somewhere bigger

gametime

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 27, 2011, 08:35:04 pm

That one made me scratch my head as well.  I think he will get drafted.  Tiger101, word is Beeks might be going to UofA or OK St after this year.  True?

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 24, 2011, 01:35:36 pm
Duh, you think so??lol lol.  I'm sure Shiloh wont miss Oliver and Farmington wont miss Spencer! !!!  It still will be PG and Shiloh.

All I was saying is that I don't think they have any one (two or three) pitchers to fill his void. He was one of the best in the state last year, and the Kincade kid is good, but I don't know if he can be the horse to ride all the way to a conference champ simply because I'm not sure how deep their staff will be.

Kenny

I understand what your saying skunk, but neither does anyone else. The loss of beeks is just as hurtful to pg as the loss of oliver is to shiloh or spencer is to farmington.  The only difference is shiloh has more power at the plate. In my opinion

TIGER101

I also get what you are saying.  PG will have three pitchers who will be in 80's, with Kincaid in upper 80's.  Shiloh will probably be the same.  I just think what makes these two teams better than all the rest is their defense.  Both of these teams very seldom will lose because of defense.  Other thing is experience, bother teams have players who have been deep in the playoffs the past few years

TIGER101

Quote from: gametime on November 28, 2011, 10:08:04 am
Quote from: TIGER101 on November 27, 2011, 08:35:04 pm

That one made me scratch my head as well.  I think he will get drafted.  Tiger101, word is Beeks might be going to UofA or OK St after this year.  True?

Gametime, I know the kid and family very well. We all hear things but I don't think its my place to say even if I Knew, which I don't.

BronxBomber

Petrino signed with UCA, and PA will win the title game against whoever 1-4A's top team is.  Probably Shiloh.

Kenny

Because this is football and PA rolls everyone right? No. Shiloh has the bats and defense to win again. The only thing holding them back is pitching. And if memory serves me right I seem to remember shiloh handling pa pretty easily last year

WarEagle44

Petrino didnt sign with UCA

gametime

Quote from: WarEagle44 on November 28, 2011, 08:29:02 pm
Petrino didnt sign with UCA

Wareagle44 do you know who is looking at him or where he might be looking?

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Quote from: Kenny on November 28, 2011, 02:40:14 pm
I understand what your saying skunk, but neither does anyone else. The loss of beeks is just as hurtful to pg as the loss of oliver is to shiloh or spencer is to farmington.  The only difference is shiloh has more power at the plate. In my opinion

I agree with this 100%

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 28, 2011, 03:10:31 pm
I also get what you are saying.  PG will have three pitchers who will be in 80's, with Kincaid in upper 80's.  Shiloh will probably be the same.  I just think what makes these two teams better than all the rest is their defense.  Both of these teams very seldom will lose because of defense.  Other thing is experience, bother teams have players who have been deep in the playoffs the past few years

Please don't get on here and start spouting radar times. Every year I hear about kids from School A or School B who throw 88-90 and then you see them and they throw about 79-82 or so. Kind of like 40 yard dash times. Embellished.

This is not a knock on any of the young men you mentioned, but I've only seen about three pitchers in the 1-4A over the past 15 years who throw in the mid to upper 80s.

Skunk Ape, Esq.

One more things...I'm pretty sure Ozark's ace was hurt most of last season.

TIGER101

Okay stupid, I will spout off three that threw 87 to 90 last year just in this conference.  BEEKS, OLIVER, SPENCER.  I'm not saying they are going to consistently hit 87 to 90, just saying they can get there.  sounds like you need to get out more.

TIGER101

November 29, 2011, 12:30:33 pm #29 Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:32:36 pm by TIGER101
Skunk I apologize for calling you stupid, I should not say things like that.  I have seen a lot of baseball myself and understand there are lots of people who get on here and spout off numbers, but I'm not one of them.  I am one who understands the difference between 80 and 85

Kenny

Im not trying to take anything away from pg but they do not have 3 pitchers who throw in the 80s. They have one and that is the Kincaid kid. And he is in the mid to upper 80s consistently. I can confirm this I have watched him play multiple times. But outside of him they do not have anybody in the 80s. Not trying to take anything away from those other pitchers but they do not throw 80

WarEagle44

Gametime, he has several places interested, but no decision has been made just yet as far as I know.

gametime

November 29, 2011, 05:27:26 pm #32 Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:33:42 pm by gametime
Quote from: Kenny on November 29, 2011, 02:42:14 pm
Im not trying to take anything away from pg but they do not have 3 pitchers who throw in the 80s. They have one and that is the Kincaid kid. And he is in the mid to upper 80s consistently. I can confirm this I have watched him play multiple times. But outside of him they do not have anybody in the 80s. Not trying to take anything away from those other pitchers but they do not throw 80

Kenny they also have the Daniels kid who will throw 83, 84.  I would say he will definitely pitch this year if they have another catcher.  I would say if another one does throw 80 I have not seen him but kids change and one could get to 78, 80 maybe. They have great coaching and several kids who has been in off season baseball and probably played summer and fall baseball.  I'm sure I know who tiger101 is and he knows what he is talking about when it comes to Prairie Grove baseball wouldn't say they do if they don't.   I would say Farmington and Shiloh is probably in the same situation. 

gametime

Quote from: WarEagle44 on November 29, 2011, 03:57:53 pm
Gametime, he has several places interested, but no decision has been made just yet as far as I know.

Is he getting any draft possibilities, or is that something that will come after season?  Also how is your son doing? He's a great player...

WarEagle44

As far as draft possibilities I have no idea, myself all this draft talk I think is way over rated. This 2012 group is good but I only know of 1 who may break the top 100 maybe, the rest will have to go to school to improve their draft stock. And no the one im talking about isnt mine. Hunter is doing fine, and is working hard trying to get ready for high school season.
Thanks for asking tho.

Skunk Ape, Esq.

Quote from: TIGER101 on November 29, 2011, 12:30:33 pm
Skunk I apologize for calling you stupid, I should not say things like that.  I have seen a lot of baseball myself and understand there are lots of people who get on here and spout off numbers, but I'm not one of them.  I am one who understands the difference between 80 and 85

Hey, it's fine. I've been called worse. Thanks for the apology though.

I'll agree with you about Oliver. I'm not sure about Beeks velocity last year. I'm pretty sure I never saw Spencer throw in the upper 80s. Of course, I might have seen him when he was throwing with a tired arm.

The ones I was speaking of from this conference with mid 80s velocity were:

Samples -- Pea Ridge
McKenzie -- Gravette
Oliver -- Shiloh

Wsquared

Quote from: BronxBomber on November 28, 2011, 04:19:36 pm
Petrino signed with UCA, and PA will win the title game against whoever 1-4A's top team is.  Probably Shiloh.

When did Petrino sign with Shiloh?

TIGER101

Flanders

Has anyone else signed yet? I know pg catcher signed with nsu

gametime

Quote from: Flanders on December 01, 2011, 09:53:53 am
Has anyone else signed yet? I know pg catcher signed with nsu

Sorry, don't means to sound stupid but what team is nsu. Northeastern state?

Flanders

gametime

Thanks, not all that familiar with the Oklahoma schools.  They have hundreds of them.

PGTIGERS09

the top 4 in the 1-4A

1.   Prairie Grove
2.   Shiloh
3.   Pea Ridge
4.   Farmington

after that it doesnt matter.

gametime

Pg09, Do you really think that prairie grove will be ranked ahead of shiloh.  I hope you are correct I just don't know if that's the way it will be.  They say they have reloaded again

PGTIGERS09

Yeah Kincaid is a good pitcher not equal to Beeks IMO but good.  PG can hit. they dont hit with Power like Shiloh but they all can hit.  PG will get Shiloh this year.  Oliver was a great pitcher with him gone Shiloh drops off alot.  PG will hit Petrino.  Defense wise both PG and Shiloh wont hurt themselves.  Coaching wise Both Harris and Cameron are good.  neither team has an advantage in that category to me.

gametime

Who will be pg's number 2 behind Kincaid?

Flanders

But isnt Kincaid just a junior? Or is he a senior

TIGER101

Flanders

December 05, 2011, 07:36:10 pm #48 Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:43:43 pm by Flanders

Flanders

December 05, 2011, 07:37:11 pm #49 Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:42:41 pm by Flanders
what made beeks so hard to hit was all the movement he had on his pitches. Is that fairly accurate?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas