• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumors of Class Changes?

Started by Brian G, April 03, 2017, 07:46:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Heard there was some outside the box thinking at the meeting of administrators last week.

Rumors floating are:

Removal of one class for all sports besides football

Flexing conference sizes to geographical need.

Brian G

April 03, 2017, 07:49:07 pm #1 Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 07:53:42 pm by B.G.
My opinions are pretty much the same as I have had for years.

1) I think flexibility in conference size would be a great thing.  Anywhere from 6-10 would solve many issues.

2) I would support dropping a classification.  Thing is, the success is in the details.  If the top conference is anything less than 24 teams I don't know why you'd bother with it.

ricepig

Well, as a school that is in a 10 team mixed conference, I can tell you it sucks, haha. Too many games against inferior opponents, and not enough opportunities to schedule qualify teams due to the scheduling limitations. Like everything, the devil will be in the details.

As far as eliminating a class, I guess the 2A and 3A cam merge.     ;D

Brian G

I would only be for a larger conference that is not mixed classifications.  Otherwise what's the point?

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on April 03, 2017, 08:56:29 pm
I would only be for a larger conference that is not mixed classifications.  Otherwise what's the point?
Well, it's nice and easy travel for NWA, and not so much for the others, looks like the same problems to me.

bluegrassboy75

My question is if this passes and they do the flexing conferences.  Will the conferences be inviting schools ala college conferences (like in Missouri) or will they all be assigned?

blueandwhite

I am telling you the way to go, especially in football, is to go to what several states have went to. Geographical conferences with schools of similar size. For the playoffs, than divide up by school enrollment and geographically.

I am familiar with what Wisconsin does. They have the geographic conferences. Now they don't have a 7A school in the same conference as a 2A school. The conferences are run by the schools in the conference, and they do have some say in what schools are in their conferences.

For the playoff they than take the top 224 teams, all conference champions and teams with .500 or better conference records. If there is more or less than 224 teams that meet this criteria, they have a system in place to fill the slots. They than divide into 7 classifications of 32 teams each, than divide the classifications into 4 8-team regions. The coaches in each region meet and decide on the seedings, and they play it out.

The conference I am familiar with is a 8 team conference. Had 6 teams in the playoffs, spread over 3 of the classifications.

GuvHog

Quote from: B.G. on April 03, 2017, 07:49:07 pm
My opinions are pretty much the same as I have had for years.

1) I think flexibility in conference size would be a great thing.  Anywhere from 6-10 would solve many issues.

2) I would support dropping a classification.  Thing is, the success is in the details.  If the top conference is anything less than 24 teams I don't know why you'd bother with it.

I disagree on #1 but agree with #2. I've always felt that the 1A schools should be forced to consolidate with larger schools.

I also believe the 7A classification should expand to 24 teams and 6A should expand to 32 teams.

southarkdaddy

I hope they do something different with the bigger classes thats for sure.

NWA Hawg

I came up with a possible scenario of conferences based on the classification numbers we expect to see and the rumored number of teams in each classification if the proposal to drop a classification is passed.

6A Central                               6A West
Bryant                                   Bentonville
Cabot                                 Bentonville West
Catholic/Mt. St. Mary              Fayetteville
Central –                                LR Har-Ber
Conway                                   Heritage
North Little Rock                       Rogers
Northside                               Springdale
Southside                              Van Buren

Class 5A- Biggest problem was finding out what to do with the NWA conference. Added Vilonia, Greenbrier, and Mountain Home (no where to put them that fits). This is 4-8 team conferences.
5A-1                                       
Alma                                     
Greenbrier                                           
Vilonia                                         
Greenwood                           
Mountain Home                                       
Russellville                             
Siloam Springs 
Maumelle                     

5A-2                                        5A-3
Beebe                                     J.A. Fair
Searcy                                  Jacksonville
Greene County Tech           Little Rock Christian
Jonesboro                                LR Hall
Marion                                  LR Parkview
Nettleton                                 Sheirdan
Paragould                                 Benton
West Memphis                        Sylvan Hills

5A-4
Pine Bluff
White Hall
El Dorado
Watson Chapel
Hot Springs
HS-Lakeside
Lake Hamilton
Texarkana

Class 4A Biggest problem was where to put Batesville, Batesville Southside, Stuttgart and Forrest City.

4A 1                                 4A 2
Berryville                   Little Rock Mills
Gentry                Central Arkansas Christian
Gravette                      e-Stem (BB)
Huntsville                   Pulaski Academy
Harrison                       Heber Springs
Shiloh Christian        Little Rock McClellan
Pea Ridge                        Lonoke
                                     Stuttgart           

4A 3                                 4A 4
Brookland                     Clarksville
Blytheville                     Dardanelle
Wynne                          Farmington       
Valley View                      Ozark
Highland                        Pottsville
Pocahontas                     Subiaco
Southside Batesville      Prairie Grove             
Westside, Jonesboro       Morrilton
Batesville

4A 7                                 4A 8
Arkadelphia                    Crossett
Hope                          Camden-Fairview
Bauxite                         Magnolia
Dequeen                         Warren
Malvern                         Hamburg
Mena                             Monticello
Nashville                         Star City
Robinson                       

Class 3A

3A 1 West                       3A 1 East
Cedarville                        Bergman
Mansfield                          Clinton
Elkins                          Green Forest
Greenland                       Marshall
Charleston                     
West Fork                    Mountain View
Lincoln                         Valley Springs

3A 2                                 3A 3
Bald Knob                       Corning
Riverview                         Hoxie
Cedar Ridge                     Manila
Harding Academy            Osceola
Cave City                         Piggott
Marianna                       Rivercrest
Newport                           Gosnell
Helena                          Walnut Ridge
                                     Trumann
                                     Harrisburg

3A 4                                  3A 5
Atkins                            Rose Bud
Waldron                  Episcopal Collegiate
Lamar                           Glen Rose
Paris                   Harmony Grove – Haskell
Perryville                     LISA Academy
Two Rivers                     Mayflower
Dover                    Jacksonville Lighthouse
Booneville                      Baptist Prep

3A 7                                  3A 8
Centerpoint                  Drew Central
Fountain Lake                Dollarway
Fouke                          Junction City
Genoa Central               Lake Village
Ashdown                         McGehee
Prescott                         Smackover
Jessiville                           Dumas
Bismarck                           Dewiit
                                        Rison

Class 2A

2A 2-West                              2A 2-East         
Yellville Summitt                       Rector
Cotter                                   Marmaduke
Salem                                        Bay
Flippin                              Buffalo Island Central
Sloan Hendrix                          Riverside
Tuckerman                         East Poinsett County
Melbourne                             Marked Tree

2A 4 West                               2A 4 East
Arkansas Arts Academy             Bigelow
Haas Hall Bentonville           Conway Christian
Eureka Springs                        Danville
Hackett                                    Hector
J.D. Leftwich                         Mamuelle Charter
Lavaca                                   Nemo Vista
Mountainburg                          Quitman
Westside – Johnson Co.           St. Joseph
Haas Hall                          Southside Bee Branch 

2A 3-East                             2A 3- West
White County Central              McCrory
Pangburn                            Cross County
Des Arc                               Marianna Lee
England                                Kipp Delta
Clarendon                               Barton
Carlisle                                   Earle
Hazen                                 

2A 7 West                               2A 7 East
Acorn                                      Bearden
Dierks                            Harmony Grove, Camden
Cutter Morning Star               Lafayette Co.
Cossatot River                         Fordyce
Foreman                              Parkers Chapel
Magnet Cove                           Hampton
Poyen                                    Spring Hill
Murfreesboro                          Woodlawn
Horatio                                    Gurdon   
Mount Ida

Class 1A

1A West                               1A Northwest                           1A East
County Line                              Alpena                              Bruno-Pyatt
Hartford                                  Decatur                                   Deer
Mulberry            Northwest Arkansas Classicial Academy          Jasper
Oark                                       Kingston                              Mt. Judea
Scranton                                 Lead Hill                                 St. Joe
St. Paul                                   Omaha                              Western Grove
Western Yell

1A 3 East                                1A 2 North                           1A 2 South
Armorel                                  Calico Rock                            Bradford
                                               Hillcrest                                Concord
Crowley's Ridge Academy        Izard County                            Midland
KIPP: Blytheville                  Mammoth Spring                    Rural Special
Maynard                                   Norfork                                  Shirley
                                                 Viola                                   Augusta
Ridgefield Christian                                                                Timbo
                                                                                 West Side – Greers Ferry

1A 7 West                               1A 7 East                               1A 5 North
Mountain Pine                           Bradley                               Abundant Life
Caddo Hills                               Emerson                              Sacred Heart
Kirby                                        Nevada                              Avilla Christian
Mineral Springs                         Ouachita                               Guy Perkins
Blevins                                      Taylor                           LISA Academy – NLR
Oden                                   Trinity Christian                            Marvell
Umpire                                                                           Mount Vernon/Enola
                                                                                             Brinkley
                                                                                           Wonderview
1A 8 East
Dermott

Hermitage
Sparkman
Strong

sevenof400

One problem I see with your proposed 5A solution is that you still use 8 team conferences where they don't geographically fit.  I do like the fact you're offering some ideas though because outside the box thinking is needed here. 

NWA Hawg

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 04, 2017, 12:11:06 pm
One problem I see with your proposed 5A solution is that you still use 8 team conferences where they don't geographically fit.  I do like the fact you're offering some ideas though because outside the box thinking is needed here.

Yeah I agree I was just giving a look as to at what the conferences may look like if they moved to eliminate a classification and follow the model of:

6A: Top 16
5A: Next 32
4A: Next 48
3A: Next 64
2A: Next 64
1A: Remaining schools

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: GuvHog on April 04, 2017, 11:11:08 am
I disagree on #1 but agree with #2. I've always felt that the 1A schools should be forced to consolidate with larger schools.

I also believe the 7A classification should expand to 24 teams and 6A should expand to 32 teams.

I respectfully disagree with you about forcing 1A schools to consolidate with larger schools.  I went to a 1A school and received a good education.  You can argue that larger schools can "offer more classes", however, in today's society with virtual classes all over the state, students from smaller districts have the same opportunities that larger districts have. 

NWA Hawg

Quote from: GuvHog on April 04, 2017, 11:11:08 am

I disagree with you as well on the 1a schools being forced to consolidate with larger districts. It has been proven that a smaller teacher to student ratio is best for learning. Also i've never understood how making a 6 year old kid catch the bus at 6:00 in the morning to ride to a school an hour and 45 mins away all because the school 10 mins down the road didn't meet an arbitrary number set forth by the state. Consolidation ought to be based solely on financial status and academic performance of the school. I for one would much rather my child so to a small school and get a quality education than to go to bigger school just for the sake of more options. I'm sure the Little Rock schools have a lot more opportunities than several of the smaller schools, but I'm not sure those opportunities are all for the better.   

Brian G

Fort Smith NSide and SSide should be in the West/NW.  Makes that a 10 team conference.

That thing has ping ponged back and forth for too long.

I'd be for another 10 team for Central.  Or two 6 team leagues in top level outside of NWA/West.

Dropping 7A as it is to 6A leaves the same monster on the table.

Conferences of 6, 8 or 10 overall

No more mixed conference like the higher levels have goofed around with for last few cycles.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: fann07 on April 04, 2017, 12:49:47 pm
Yeah I agree I was just giving a look as to at what the conferences may look like if they moved to eliminate a classification and follow the model of:

6A: Top 16
5A: Next 32
4A: Next 48
3A: Next 64
2A: Next 64
1A: Remaining schools

And no way is PA is playing in anything below 5A.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 04, 2017, 03:30:22 pm

And no way is PA is playing in anything below 5A.

Maybe so if it doesn't included the football team playing down.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: B.G. on April 03, 2017, 07:46:48 pm
Heard there was some outside the box thinking at the meeting of administrators last week.

Rumors floating are:

Removal of one class for all sports besides football

Flexing conference sizes to geographical need.

B.G.

Is this being initiated by the AAA office or proposed by a school to be voted on this summer?

Brian G

Can't confirm either way.

My opinion is it was initiated by a school who looked to the AAA for guidance.

beach bum

How is one league having 6 teams and another having 10 teams fair when each league will get 4 state or regional berths no matter it's size. Finishing 4th in a 9 or 10 team league means you are pretty solid. Finishing 4th in a 6 team league means you could be ok, but also potentially a bad team.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on April 05, 2017, 04:15:28 pm
How is one league having 6 teams and another having 10 teams fair when each league will get 4 state or regional berths no matter it's size. Finishing 4th in a 9 or 10 team league means you are pretty solid. Finishing 4th in a 6 team league means you could be ok, but also potentially a bad team.

We already have this in the 1a-3a world...

Brian G

April 05, 2017, 06:20:49 pm #21 Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 06:25:56 pm by B.G.
Quote from: beach bum on April 05, 2017, 04:15:28 pm
Who says both get the same?

10 gets 5
8 gets 4
6 gets 3

Trojanball24

Where are the private schools going to fall in this? Will they be considered by their # or will they be the biggest schools in the one classification up from where their numbers lie? This will directly affect a couple schools on the top end or on the bottom end.

Made

Quote from: Trojanball24 on April 06, 2017, 10:09:29 am
Where are the private schools going to fall in this? Will they be considered by their # or will they be the biggest schools in the one classification up from where their numbers lie? This will directly affect a couple schools on the top end or on the bottom end.
put them all in 1a

tmycjy

Hey why can someone tell me why this can't be

6-A 32
5-A 32
4-A 32
3-A 64
2-A the rest that left that played football

ricepig

April 07, 2017, 08:05:22 am #25 Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:42:19 am by ricepig
Quote from: tmycjy on April 07, 2017, 07:59:34 am

6-A 32
5-A 32
4-A 32
3-A 64

Disparity in the size of the schools in the classifications??

Any sport outside of football, it's fine with me.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: ricepig on April 07, 2017, 08:05:22 am
Disparity in the size of the schools in the classifications??

Any sport outside of football, it's fine with me.

I agree. The lower end 6A schools would rarely compete in football with the largest schools in the state. No way

Brian G

The top level at 32 was what created the last 12 years of shuffling.

As they make changes in the future, I don't see the top class ever being 32 again.

fromthehills

Quote from: fann07 on April 04, 2017, 11:19:06 am
I came up with a possible scenario of conferences based on the classification numbers we expect to see and the rumored number of teams in each classification if the proposal to drop a classification is passed.

6A Central                               6A West
Bryant                                   Bentonville
Cabot                                 Bentonville West
Catholic/Mt. St. Mary              Fayetteville
Central –                                LR Har-Ber
Conway                                   Heritage
North Little Rock                       Rogers
Northside                               Springdale
Southside                              Van Buren

Class 5A- Biggest problem was finding out what to do with the NWA conference. Added Vilonia, Greenbrier, and Mountain Home (no where to put them that fits). This is 4-8 team conferences.
5A-1                                       
Alma                                     
Greenbrier                                           
Vilonia                                         
Greenwood                           
Mountain Home                                       
Russellville                             
Siloam Springs 
Maumelle                     

5A-2                                        5A-3
Beebe                                     J.A. Fair
Searcy                                  Jacksonville
Greene County Tech           Little Rock Christian
Jonesboro                                LR Hall
Marion                                  LR Parkview
Nettleton                                 Sheirdan
Paragould                                 Benton
West Memphis                        Sylvan Hills

5A-4
Pine Bluff
White Hall
El Dorado
Watson Chapel
Hot Springs
HS-Lakeside
Lake Hamilton
Texarkana

Class 4A Biggest problem was where to put Batesville, Batesville Southside, Stuttgart and Forrest City.

Stuttgart           

Batesville

Robinson                       

Class 3A

3A 1 West                       3A 1 East
Cedarville                        Bergman
Mansfield                          Clinton
Elkins                          Green Forest
Greenland                       Marshall
Charleston                     
West Fork                    Mountain View
Lincoln                         Valley Springs

3A 2                                 3A 3
Bald Knob                       Corning
Riverview                         Hoxie
Cedar Ridge                     Manila
Harding Academy            Osceola
Cave City                         Piggott
Marianna                       Rivercrest
Newport                           Gosnell
Helena                          Walnut Ridge
                                     Trumann
                                     Harrisburg

3A 4                                  3A 5
Atkins                            Rose Bud
Waldron                  Episcopal Collegiate
Lamar                           Glen Rose
Paris                   Harmony Grove – Haskell
Perryville                     LISA Academy
Two Rivers                     Mayflower
Dover                    Jacksonville Lighthouse
Booneville                      Baptist Prep

3A 7                                  3A 8
Centerpoint                  Drew Central
Fountain Lake                Dollarway
Fouke                          Junction City
Genoa Central               Lake Village
Ashdown                         McGehee
Prescott                         Smackover
Jessiville                           Dumas
Bismarck                           Dewiit
                                        Rison

Class 2A

2A 2-West                              2A 2-East         
Yellville Summitt                       Rector
Cotter                                   Marmaduke
Salem                                        Bay
Flippin                              Buffalo Island Central
Sloan Hendrix                          Riverside
Tuckerman                         East Poinsett County
Melbourne                             Marked Tree

2A 4 West                               2A 4 East
Arkansas Arts Academy             Bigelow
Haas Hall Bentonville           Conway Christian
Eureka Springs                        Danville
Hackett                                    Hector
J.D. Leftwich                         Mamuelle Charter
Lavaca                                   Nemo Vista
Mountainburg                          Quitman
Westside – Johnson Co.           St. Joseph
Haas Hall                          Southside Bee Branch 

2A 3-East                             2A 3- West
White County Central              McCrory
Pangburn                            Cross County
Des Arc                               Marianna Lee
England                                Kipp Delta
Clarendon                               Barton
Carlisle                                   Earle
Hazen                                 

2A 7 West                               2A 7 East
Acorn                                      Bearden
Dierks                            Harmony Grove, Camden
Cutter Morning Star               Lafayette Co.
Cossatot River                         Fordyce
Foreman                              Parkers Chapel
Magnet Cove                           Hampton
Poyen                                    Spring Hill
Murfreesboro                          Woodlawn
Horatio                                    Gurdon   
Mount Ida

Class 1A

1A West                               1A Northwest                           1A East
County Line                              Alpena                              Bruno-Pyatt
Hartford                                  Decatur                                   Deer
Mulberry            Northwest Arkansas Classicial Academy          Jasper
Oark                                       Kingston                              Mt. Judea
Scranton                                 Lead Hill                                 St. Joe
St. Paul                                   Omaha                              Western Grove
Western Yell

1A 3 East                                1A 2 North                           1A 2 South
Armorel                                  Calico Rock                            Bradford
                                               Hillcrest                                Concord
Crowley's Ridge Academy        Izard County                            Midland
KIPP: Blytheville                  Mammoth Spring                    Rural Special
Maynard                                   Norfork                                  Shirley
                                                 Viola                                   Augusta
Ridgefield Christian                                                                Timbo
                                                                                 West Side – Greers Ferry

1A 7 West                               1A 7 East                               1A 5 North
Mountain Pine                           Bradley                               Abundant Life
Caddo Hills                               Emerson                              Sacred Heart
Kirby                                        Nevada                              Avilla Christian
Mineral Springs                         Ouachita                               Guy Perkins
Blevins                                      Taylor                           LISA Academy – NLR
Oden                                   Trinity Christian                            Marvell
Umpire                                                                           Mount Vernon/Enola
                                                                                             Brinkley
                                                                                           Wonderview
1A 8 East
Dermott

Hermitage
Sparkman
Strong

Based on this, there are lots of teams that will have further travel for conference

BigLion10

Since when has travel been a concern lol

Made

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on April 07, 2017, 08:44:39 am
I agree. The lower end 6A schools would rarely compete in football with the largest schools in the state. No way
who is the smallest 6a school?

BigLion10

What's gonna be interesting is if Little Rock goes ahead and shuts down some falling apart high schools and make a brand new SW Little Rock HS like they want to

ricepig

Quote from: Made on April 07, 2017, 01:08:36 pm
who is the smallest 6a school?

Greenwood appears to be in the latest numbers, but the poster said rarely, which is true.

sevenof400

Quote from: tmycjy on April 07, 2017, 07:59:34 am

6-A 32
5-A 32
4-A 32
3-A 64

Not to single out tmycjy, but starting in this fashion is the source of the problem.  Trying to create nice even numbers to fit in classifications when the actual numbers may not support this structure is the largest issue facing AAA in terms of creating a fair and balanced environment for high school sports.  We've discussed the issues facing the current 7A schools in terms of the disparity with respect to the number of students.  Throw the current 6A schools in that group and it will only get worse and continue to do so as one adds more schools. 

When the new numbers come out, the numbers should be analyzed first to see how many classifications are necessary to create fair and balanced classifications - not the other way around.     

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 08, 2017, 07:48:02 am
Not to single out tmycjy, but starting in this fashion is the source of the problem.  Trying to create nice even numbers to fit in classifications when the actual numbers may not support this structure is the largest issue facing AAA in terms of creating a fair and balanced environment for high school sports.  We've discussed the issues facing the current 7A schools in terms of the disparity with respect to the number of students.  Throw the current 6A schools in that group and it will only get worse and continue to do so as one adds more schools. 

When the new numbers come out, the numbers should be analyzed first to see how many classifications are necessary to create fair and balanced classifications - not the other way around.     

Aren't there states that use set enrollment numbers to define classes instead of a set # of schools to define a class...

sevenof400

Quote from: HorseFeathers on April 08, 2017, 11:09:42 am

Aren't there states that use set enrollment numbers to define classes instead of a set # of schools to define a class...

There may be, HorseFeathers - and that might be a better way to go since you can somewhat minimize (contain might be a better word) the disparity between schools in terms of student enrollment. 

All I know is the current method used in Arkansas can be improved upon - and it is time to do so.   

Rulesman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on April 08, 2017, 11:09:42 am

I would venture to say the majority of the states use enrollment numbers to divide into regions/districts (conferences). But then that leads into the potential of, for example, 3 and 4 team conferences in sparsely populated areas. It's really a no-win situation. Pick your poison.

DEVIL DOG HOG

For football things are fine like they are. 

SUGARTOWN

Stuttgart           

Batesville

Robinson   

You couldn't figure out where to put Forrest City so you just left them out?  :D

tmycjy

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 10, 2017, 09:02:44 am

Stuttgart           

Batesville

Robinson   

You couldn't figure out where to put Forrest City so you just left them out?  :D
I know where FC goes u move Stuttgart to the 4A 8 and then FC take there spot in that coffrent

NWA Hawg

Quote from: tmycjy on April 10, 2017, 12:45:44 pm

I know where FC goes u move Stuttgart to the 4A 8 and then FC take there spot in that coffrent

Thats the way I had it. I dont know why I left it off. Leaves for a long trip from Magnolia to Stuttgart.

OverPrivileged

It looks like some pretty big discrepancies.  5A will be rough West Memphis (1303) vs Watson chapel ( 724),Hot springs high 670, Sylvan Hills (712) Nettleton 702.

The 4A is just as bad...FC 694 Magnolia 689  vs  Gentry and Star city near 350?

Not doing much for competitiveness based on numbers. Same problem different classifications.

I know these numbers are old, but it looks really bad to me

WarriorFan

There will not be any changes in football. Football will stay with 7 classes.

Brian G

Impossible deal.

Always get into arguments on how big the discrepancy and how many miles.

Unsolvable puzzle to please.  Everyone has a solution and in each one it alienates another.

I swear we could have 10 classes and for some there would still be a problem. 

beach bum

Quote from: B.G. on April 10, 2017, 02:39:01 pm
Impossible deal.

Always get into arguments on how big the discrepancy and how many miles.

Unsolvable puzzle to please.  Everyone has a solution and in each one it alienates another.

I swear we could have 10 classes and for some there would still be a problem.

10A would make us sounds so big though.... It might make other states forget we sit at just about exactly 3 million people and make them think we jumped to 30 million people.

Brian G

My goal is for people to move away.  I harp all the time on those that push the NWA is the 5th best place to live stuff.  Just hush on that.  Don't move here, it's overrated.:)

NWA alone has gone over 500k and will be at 600k by 2022 at current rate after being just 320k in the 90s.

I think i've got my updated proposal ready:

Part A
4A- Over 1500
3A- 1000-1499.67
2A- 500-999.67
1A- Rest

Part B
Let small schools stay open but merge any school that wants with a neighbor for sports.

Part C
Laugh

OB11

Let's just be happy we actually have separate state championships. In Kentucky every baseball team, regardless of classification, in the state plays for 1 state championship each year. They do have separate football champions according to classification.

BigLion10

OB11

Quote from: BigLion10 on April 11, 2017, 12:54:00 pm
Baseball?? What's that?

I imagine they do the same for softball, soccer, etc. I imagine they do separate championships for basketball as well but don't know that for sure.

beach bum

Quote from: B.G. on April 10, 2017, 04:24:31 pm
My goal is for people to move away.  I harp all the time on those that push the NWA is the 5th best place to live stuff.  Just hush on that.  Don't move here, it's overrated.:)

Now, that is funny. It really is true. I would for sure say it is that 50/50 split when you talk to the NWA people. Kind of right down the middle as far as if people like the growth or don't. I like almost all of what is coming with the growth, but there will always be those things here and there that come with the headaches for sure.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas