• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CONGRATS to the Lady Grizzlies of Northside...

Started by CincyGuyintheFort, December 31, 2014, 08:16:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CincyGuyintheFort

... For winning the highly regarded Pink & white Classic in Springfield, Missouri tonight. They defeated one of the host teams, and a girls power in Missouri, Kickapoo. They ran them off the court apparently, 55-29.
Northside is no doubt the best girls team in the state, and with this tourney victory this should move them up very close if not into the National top 10, they were #13 at last poll.

TheMercenary

A-Good-One

CincyGuyintheFort

They are definitely the real deal. They are no doubt worth going and checking out. And their best player, JR  A. Jackson is legit. All women's scout services got her ranked in the 40-50 range nationally , but moving up. She is deff a grown woman amongst girls out there.

SNWA

No doubt that NS is very good but don't get carried away with best team in the state . Max preps is a crap poll which has now dropped NS behind Greenwood in that same national poll and is ranked 3rd in state behind NLR and Greenwood. In 14 games so far GW has had the running clock in 8 games . It is a shame though that 2 of the best teams in the state will not match up. Greenwoods record against NS conference opponents in 7a is 6 and 0 with running clock in 4 of them. .

DogsWin7

Did you just call Maxpreps a crap poll....?!?!?    Uh oh.   :)

I look for a nice article on Greenwood.....maybe Mr WKRP in Cincy can help with that and Alma:)...or Dr. Chim

SNWA

NLR #67.  GW #115. NS #139 in nation per max preps.  NS close call with Russellville hurt them a bit.

A-Good-One

Agree with SNWA that MaxPreps isn't the best poll to judge. USA Today is only one non-high school affiliated folks take seriously. But, flip side, where did you get that infor SNWA? I found this just now:

http://www.maxpreps.com/polls/girls-basketball/xcellent25.htm

A-Good-One

I'd figuratively kill to watch NS-GW this year. Have to settle for GW-Conway, I guess. And, actually, probably won't even get to see that'n.

SNWA

Haha yes I did.  That poll is fun to watch but not creditable. NS will roll through the 7a west this year as it is down from most years. GW will roll through the 6a and should not be tested until semis against Hall, although I hear that Halls best player is out for the year now. The GW and Conway games will be must see.  Although they count for squat it is the best games that the 6a 7a schedule will have to offer this year. Fayetteville vs NS should be great game also.

SNWA

That poll is one that they rank in the preseason and call them the 25 to watch. They move back and forth all year. Just look at NS on max preps and the rankings and it will show their national rank.

A-Good-One

Oh. I see. We're talking about two different things. NS is 9th in the poll but 100-whatever in the computer ranking.

Blindsided

Quote from: SNWA on January 02, 2015, 09:35:08 pm
Haha yes I did.  That poll is fun to watch but not creditable. NS will roll through the 7a west this year as it is down from most years. GW will roll through the 6a and should not be tested until semis against Hall, although I hear that Halls best player is out for the year now. The GW and Conway games will be must see.  Although they count for squat it is the best games that the 6a 7a schedule will have to offer this year. Fayetteville vs NS should be great game also.
What happened to Hall's best player?

SNWA

I heard this week that she is having surgery on her shoulder so she can be ready for college ball next year. Please clear that up if I'm wrong but was told that her mother was the one that told this person.

CincyGuyintheFort

January 03, 2015, 08:37:47 am #14 Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 08:46:26 am by CincyGuyintheFort
http://www.maxpreps.com/polls/girls-basketball/xcellent25.htm

There is the link to the maxpreps Excellent 25, which is there actual voted on, weekly poll. For girls hoops you cannot rely on MaxPreps computers at all cuz a lot of girls teams aren't even factored in cuz nobody enters their info or schedule or results or anything.
I will make it a point to go watch greenwood girls here soon too

SNWA

I understand how that works but it is mainly based on past history and reputation. NS is good no doubt. In my opinion they are not as good yet as last year nor have they played the talent as they did last year. That being said they could still be #1 but there is not overwhelming evidence to make me believe that they are better than GW, Conway or NLR.

A-Good-One

Well, Smith said it was his best team 1 through 8 since 2002. I'd agree their schedule to this point probably isn't as good as last year's to the same point. That mainly because no Rockbridge. Everyone else noncon, about the same. And I'd agree there is no concrete evidence they're better than Conway or The Wood. There was also no concrete evidence TCU was better than Florida State, but hey, whatever, right?

SNWA

Haha gotta love Ricky.  I think he and Reeves are at the top of girls coaching. It is a crime that all we will be able to do is compare opponents and not head to head this year.  Bring back the overall state championship   

A-Good-One

The absolute top right now, those two. No wonder they're such good buddies.

As for best, on paper, it's hard to compete with Northside's three DI players. Greenwood blows me away because Reeves gets the absolute most out of his roster. The good players are obviously good and you know what you're getting, but The Wood's role players in and of themselves don't blow you away talent-wise, then they come out and whip you. It's so much fun to see.

Brian G

CincyGuyintheFort

I am going to go watch Greenwood's game vs. Conway. From the hype I am hearing, that could be one of the best girls match-ups in the state. I cant wait to see so I can actually have some of an opinion of my own on the teams.
But most deff lets have them 2 bring back titles to our area!

STUNNA

A-Good-One

STUNNA

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on January 04, 2015, 09:40:15 pm
Yes. Lost by 15.
I watched them play my brothers school Levenworth, ks saturday and they have a heck of a tradition it seems like. We ended up beating them by 8 but it was a battle all the way to the end. It was a matchup of top 20 teams nationally.

TheMercenary

Rockbridge is a "Magnet" or "Prep" type school.......not sure what the correct term is, but they draw players from all over Missouri.  Last year's team started 4 D1 players all 6'0" or taller.  In Last years game Their 6'2" PG posted up against the NS guards (5'6" at best) and scored at will any time Northside got the game close.

I saw one of their girls from last year started for KS this weekend against Texas.

A-Good-One

And another one - the best player off that team that beat Northside last year - is Hogs bound next season.

PASS

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on January 05, 2015, 04:33:47 pm
And another one - the best player off that team that beat Northside last year - is Hogs bound next season.
Which one? Cunningham & Porter are both headed to Missouri I thought.

STUNNA

Quote from: PASS on January 05, 2015, 06:24:57 pm
Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on January 05, 2015, 04:33:47 pm
Which one? Cunningham & Porter are both headed to Missouri I thought.
Yea they are both headed to missouri. Cunningham will be a good one if she can keep her cool in college. Leavenworth was just to big for them as they have 3 division one girls 6'2, 6'3, and 6'4.

A-Good-One

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas