• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wampus Cats Invitational

Started by itsslim, December 08, 2014, 08:10:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

itsslim

Who are your favorites in this tourney, and who are some of the top players to look out for?

SNWA

On the girls side, I see Conway vs GW in the finals. Hall and Springdale will have something to say about that though. Also think that if GW and Conway meet up, you will see the best two girls in the state match up in Hartness and Danberry....just my opinion .

itsslim

Yea I'm hearing a lot about this greenwood girls team. Looking forward to seeing them play.

A-Good-One

Quote from: SNWA on December 08, 2014, 12:11:10 pm
On the girls side, I see Conway vs GW in the finals. Hall and Springdale will have something to say about that though. Also think that if GW and Conway meet up, you will see the best two girls in the state match up in Hartness and Danberry....just my opinion .

Danberry and Hartness? Whoa.

urban legend2

SNWA

Hartness was Arkansas newcomer of the year two years ago. Arkansas player of year last year and I think will be Arkansas Gatorade Player of Year this year. She is averaging 25 per game right now and has only averaged 3 qtrs. per so far. If she was on East side of state she would be playing for the Hogs.

ricepig

Quote from: SNWA on December 09, 2014, 07:41:17 am
Hartness was Arkansas newcomer of the year two years ago. Arkansas player of year last year and I think will be Arkansas Gatorade Player of Year this year. She is averaging 25 per game right now and has only averaged 3 qtrs. per so far. If she was on East side of state she would be playing for the Hogs.

Where do you draw your line for east side, Russellville?

SNWA

Conway, which I guess is really central , but more eastern to us. Once again, just my opinion. If you have not seen her play, you should make a point to. If you saw her last year, well she is better. We are glad to have her.

w ballers

Can somebody update from last nights games

SNWA

ricepig

Quote from: SNWA on December 09, 2014, 08:35:12 am
Conway, which I guess is really central , but more eastern to us. Once again, just my opinion. If you have not seen her play, you should make a point to. If you saw her last year, well she is better. We are glad to have her.

I watched her, very good player. How tall is she?

SNWA

A-Good-One

Hartness is very, very good. For my money, she has the best mid-range jumper of any player around. Maybe the best I've seen in years. But she doesn't have a position; handling the ball a bit too much for Greenwood right now and it leads to too many turnovers against good teams. That said, she won't have to anymore when Henson returns, so that will help.

She's one of the best five (or so) individual high school players in the state, though I'm not sure about her college "upside" or whatever. I'd still put the 7A's three (Danberry, Jackson, Tolefree) and Christyn Williams ahead in that regard. But there's little doubt watching Hartness is to see a show.

Any more updatesd from last night?

urban legend2

Hartness looked like she has improved her range when I saw her earlier this year. Kinda reminds me of the girl that played for Shiloh a few years back that ended up with a great career at UCA. Not sure if she'll play high Division I, but she can definitely play at some college somewhere. She does what Greenwood needs her to do and more. Good player.

A-Good-One

Quote from: urban legend2 on December 09, 2014, 02:04:03 pm
Hartness looked like she has improved her range when I saw her earlier this year. Kinda reminds me of the girl that played for Shiloh a few years back that ended up with a great career at UCA. Not sure if she'll play high Division I, but she can definitely play at some college somewhere. She does what Greenwood needs her to do and more. Good player.

Bingo. Nail on the head.

Megan Herbert, my daughter played against her in HS. very tough player

ricepig

She'll play somewhere for sure, my question on the height was for a position to put her in.

A-Good-One

That's the catch, RicePig. She's not quite quick enough to be a guard and not tall enough to be a post. In college, mind you. She's a '3' for the most part.

urban legend2

Playing the 3 in college...may be tough. Guess it depends on where she ends up playing.

SNWA

All great points....she will either be a good D1 or a great D2 IMO. 

ricepig

Quote from: SNWA on December 09, 2014, 04:19:20 pm

Correct, and sometimes kids have a hard time grasping that.

A-Good-One

Quote from: ricepig on December 09, 2014, 04:21:50 pm

Correct, and sometimes kids have a hard time grasping that.

Parents, too. Ha.

urban legend2

Great way to put it.

SNWA

Anyone have updates or know where we can get updates?

Titan Spirit

Monday Boys
Hot Springs beat Bryant
Jacksonville beat Pine Bluff

SNWA

Any update on the Springdale girls game from Monday?

Titan Spirit

Monday Scores

Girls
Greenwood 69, Searcy 47

Springdale 53, Lake Hamilton 21

Boys
Hot Springs 64, Bryant 47

Jacksonville 72, Pine Bluff 62

itsslim

TuesdAy games: Fayettville beat Harrison
Conway beat North Pulaski

Thursday games: Pine Bluff vs. Bryant 8:30pm
North Pulaski vs. Harrison 5:30pm

SNWA

Greenwood 60  Springdale 19.......girls

itsslim

SAturday boys games: Bryant vs. North Pulaski 11:30am
Pine bluff vs. Harrison 2:30pm

Basketball14

Hall Girls over Conway Girls 80-73. Shakyla Hill from hall Led all scorers with 28 points.

JTthegreat16

Score of Fayetteville vs Harrison?

Brian G

That was Tuesday.  Around 58-42 Fayetteville

itsslim

What's up with this Harrison team? I know about Huskey and Artell.  Anybody have more info about this team?

DickieV

What's the championship matchups and schedule today?

Brian G

All I know is:

4:00 Springdale vs ?  Girls 3rd place girls
5:30 Conway vs Hot Springs 3rd place boys
7:00 Hall vs Greenwood 1st place girls
8:30 Fayetteville vs Jacksonville 1st place boys

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on December 13, 2014, 12:35:58 pm
All I know is:

I thought I told you I needed a scouting report on Kickapoo?? We lost in Springfield today 65-62, got down early 10-0 and trailed 20-9 after 1. Finally took a lead in the 4th put couldn't complete it, two good teams.

JTthegreat16

Score of Fayetteville Jacksonville?

urban legend2

Boys
Fayetteville 62, Jacksonville 49

Girls
LR Hall 74, Greenwood 70

Brian G

Quote from: ricepig on December 13, 2014, 06:36:58 pm
Quote from: B.G. on December 13, 2014, 12:35:58 pm
All I know is:

I thought I told you I needed a scouting report on Kickapoo?? We lost in Springfield today 65-62, got down early 10-0 and trailed 20-9 after 1. Finally took a lead in the 4th put couldn't complete it, two good teams.
They are solid.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas