• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

1-Adam-12

Terrible incident in the Championship today, where an Aston Villa player was assaulted by a Birmingham City fan who ran onto the pitch. 

Such things should never, ever happen.

I see Birmingham having to play a match or two behind closed doors as a punishment.

AirWarren

beach bum

Wolves have been the best against the top 6 for any of the smaller clubs. They have been a thorn in everyone's side. They definitely play to their competition level.

Arsenal, Man U, and Chelsea are battling for that last Champions League spot, but if Spurs keep falling they might get caught in a scrap to stay in the top 4

AirWarren

AirWarren

Juventus is up 1-0 against atletico Madrid. Atletico owns the 2-1 aggregate.

Man city is killing their opponent. Fc Shlatke(sp?).

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on March 12, 2019, 04:01:59 pm
Juventus is up 1-0 against atletico Madrid. Atletico owns the 2-1 aggregate.

Man city is killing their opponent. Fc Shlatke(sp?).

Anyone that claims Messi is better than Ronaldo is out of their mind... Ronaldo is over 2 years older and look at what the man is still doing at the highest level even at that age. Lets see what Messi is doing at 34 years old cause he still is not quite 32 yet.

Down 2-0 on aggregate..... No big deal.... Here comes the Ronaldo hat trick on the biggest stage to win 3-2 on aggregate over Atletico Madrid.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on March 12, 2019, 06:25:08 pm
Anyone that claims Messi is better than Ronaldo is out of their mind... Ronaldo is over 2 years older and look at what the man is still doing at the highest level even at that age. Lets see what Messi is doing at 34 years old cause he still is not quite 32 yet.

Down 2-0 on aggregate..... No big deal.... Here comes the Ronaldo hat trick on the biggest stage to win 3-2 on aggregate over Atletico Madrid.

Ronaldo is amazing. Wow what a hat trick.

Talk about putting a team and nation on one's back.

AirWarren

AirWarren

beach bum

AirWarren

beach bum

Chelsea's going to go through tomorrow

I might be a little stubborn to think this... but I think Arsenal reverses its 3-1 loss and wins 3-0 tomorrow at home. That would leave 6 EPL teams in European competitions still

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on March 13, 2019, 09:42:31 pm
Chelsea's going to go through tomorrow

I might be a little stubborn to think this... but I think Arsenal reverses its 3-1 loss and wins 3-0 tomorrow at home. That would leave 6 EPL teams in European competitions still

We are up 3-0 right now. Olivier and Marcos score.

AirWarren

Olivier Giroud gets a hat trick. Hudson-odoi scores.

5-0. Final.

Chelsea is average this year by EPL standards. And they dismantled Kiev. That is an indication of how legit the EPL is this year.

beach bum

And to boot Arsenal wins 3-0 to bring it back and advance to the final 8... Wow

Chelsea went there and throttled them....

Now we can only hope they don't pit too many EPL teams against each other in the draw. With 4 left in the Champions League I imagine they'll have at least one EPL matchup. I'll laugh if its the Manchester Derby in the UCL quarterfinals.

AirWarren

Champions league final 8 set.

Spurs vs Man city
Ajax vs Juventus
Barcelona vs man united
Liverpool vs Porto

Juventus sure did look strong. But I don't think Liverpool and Man City will go easy into the night.

Europa league quarterfinal draw

Benfica vs Frankfurt
Slavia vs Chelsea

Arsenal vs Napoli
Villarreal vs Valencia

Interesting....could be Chelsea vs Napoli in the final....bet Sarri would love that.

beach bum

Those Champions League draws were duds.... I would have rather Man City draw anyone else for a more exciting matchup. They'll pick Spurs apart when it matters most.

Liverpool will thrash Porto like they did last year

Man U if healthy could give Barcelona trouble

Now Arsenal vs Napoli will be great.... Arsenal better win at home or they're toast in the away leg

Chelsea could not have drawn better. They'll walk right through this round as well.

1-Adam-12

In the FA Cup Man City had trouble with Swansea, going down 2-0 before rallying for a 3-2 win.

Watford and Wolves with 2-1 wins over Crystal Palace and Man Utd, respectively.

And Brighton comes back from 2-0 down to Millwall in the last 10 minutes to force extra time, and ultimately wins on penalties.

The semifinals:

Watford vs. Wolves
Brighton vs. Man City

AirWarren

Chelsea humiliated by Everton at Goodison Park. 2-0.

Not sure what Sarri's future holds.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

With their loss today, Huddersfield Town are confirmed for relegation to the Championship.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on March 30, 2019, 12:28:04 pm
With their loss today, Huddersfield Town are confirmed for relegation to the Championship.

Norwich City look to for sure be coming up in their place as they would have to collapse to not be top 2 in the Championship...

Leeds United narrowly leads Sheffield United for the last auto promotion spot which will be heated cause no one wants to go to chance it for trying to get in through the playoffs.

Fulham will head back to the Championship it seems too

Then in the Championship all the way down to 12th has a realistic shot to jump up to 6th by the end of the year for a playoff spot in 3rd-6th

It would be a dream for me if Aston Villa could get back through the playoffs and Leeds automatic promotion. Two historic clubs who need back in the top flight

Cardiff City will probably go back down with Fulham, and Huddersfield.... But if you are Southampton, Burnley, and Brighton a late season cold spell followed by a Cardiff City hot run could see one of those 3 go down

AirWarren

Cardiff almost pulls an upset against Chelsea.

Two late goals propel Chelsea into a 2-1 win. And Sarri lives to see another day.

1-Adam-12

One of which was clearly offside. Cardiff can feel hard done by, especially if they end up relegated by less than three points.

Their upcoming game with Burnley now becomes a must win.

AirWarren

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on March 31, 2019, 09:08:25 pm
One of which was clearly offside. Cardiff can feel hard done by, especially if they end up relegated by less than three points.

Their upcoming game with Burnley now becomes a must win.

Big time missed call on that offsides.

beach bum

With just a month and a half left Tottenham, Chelsea, Man United, and Arsenal are battling for the last 2 Champions League spots... My dream scenario would be this below....

3.Man United
4. Chelsea or Arsenal (whoever does not win Europa League)
5. Chelsea or Arsenal (whoever gets 5th I want to win the Europa League)
6. Tottenham

I want Chelsea or Arsenal to win the Europa League and whoever does not win the Europa League between the two to get 3rd or 4th cause this would ensure FIVE clubs from the Premier League made the Champions League next season. I'd love seeing five instead of four from the EPL

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

Chelsea now sits at 63 points. Tied with 4th place arsenal and 1 point behind spurs in the champions league race.

beach bum

-That 4 way battle for the last 2 Champions League spots will be wild to the end

-The title winner between Liverpool and Man City is certainly going to have done it the hard way

-The last Europa League spot in 7th place for next year looks like its coming down to Wolves, Leicester City, and Watford.... If West Ham or Everton caught fire they still could land in 7th

- In the MLS its so early just barely over a month in, but things are upside down in the East with NY Red Bulls, Atlanta United, and NY City FC all at the bottom of the table. LA FC is on absolute fire to start in the West and perennial consistent squad Portland looks awful. MLS may not be a world class league but parity is there as always

beach bum

And in the Championship Leeds and Sheffield United keep trading places at 2nd and 3rd each week it seems for the last auto promotion spot. That is a good one to watch. Aston Villa is on fire lately to put themselves in a playoff spot again for promotion. I'd love seeing historic clubs in Villa and Leeds back in the EPL

AirWarren

Chelsea takes out west ham 2-0.

Hazard had a remarkable game. Moves Chelsea into 3rd place ahead of spurs.

beach bum

Massive 3 points for Chelsea yesterday

Liverpool all over Porto today

And what about Son at Tottenham... what a win for Spurs to not allow Man City an away goal and put Tottenham in solid position in the Champions League. I've said it before Son has taken his game to another level and is world class now

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on April 09, 2019, 09:59:09 pm
Massive 3 points for Chelsea yesterday

Liverpool all over Porto today

And what about Son at Tottenham... what a win for Spurs to not allow Man City an away goal and put Tottenham in solid position in the Champions League. I've said it before Son has taken his game to another level and is world class now

Son is amazing.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

For those of you in Central Arkansas, the Lady Razorbacks will take on Ole Miss at Hendrix College this Sunday at 2 PM.

beach bum

Chelsea 0-0 about an hour in away from home.... Hopefully they can get a goal

Arsenal with so far an amazing score line at 2-0 over Napoli.... If they can keep the clean sheet the rest of the match which will be tough they should stand a really good chance to advance to the semifinals. Chelsea should win at home easily so they need to keep it where it is at least for now

beach bum

Chelsea 1-0 and Arsenal 2-0 in their respective wins.... Great results for both as Chelsea should easily get a draw or another win at home. Arsenal now just needs 1 away goal next week and Napoli would have to get 4. Great job for the EPL on a European Thursday night!

AirWarren

AirWarren

Big win for Tottenham. Goes one point ahead of Chelsea into third.

Sets up a HUGE match for Liverpool and Chelsea tomorrow. Points matter for Liverpool for the title race AND huge points for Chelsea on the line for champions league placement. I'll be tuning in for sure after church.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on April 13, 2019, 12:22:47 pm
Big win for Tottenham. Goes one point ahead of Chelsea into third.

Sets up a HUGE match for Liverpool and Chelsea tomorrow. Points matter for Liverpool for the title race AND huge points for Chelsea on the line for champions league placement. I'll be tuning in for sure after church.

-I thought West Ham was going cause Man United to drop some points today but West Ham couldn't give Chelsea any help this morning...

-Cardiff losing today pretty much means they have to win their head to head at Brighton mid week or they or toast. A win by Cardiff puts them 2 points back of Brighton with drama for the last relegated spot. A Brighton win or even draw probably is enough to know who the 3 clubs dropping are.

- Leicester, West Ham, Everton, Wolves all lost this weekend so the last Europa League spot is still way up in the air and nobody took advantage. Maybe Watford can tomorrow? Watford amazingly can play Europa League next fall one of two ways. Upset Man City in the FA Cup or just snag that 7th position in the table at the end

-Along with Liverpool/Man City title race along with top 4 Champions League spot, who will get 7th, and the last relegation spot there is plenty to watch the final month

AirWarren

Chelsea crapped their pants today. Kepa is the most overpaid goalie in England. It's embarrassing.

As bad as it's going to be, we need a complete overhaul in change of guard. From the top to bottom. Players like Ross Barkley, Willian, etc need to go.

beach bum

This Man City vs Tottenham 2nd leg Champions League quarterfinal is about to get wide open in play cause its already 2-1 just 8 minutes into the match. Sterling with an incredible goal for Man City then Son shows his magic again with 2 goals already to take the lead. This means Man City will need to score 3 more goals to win 4-2 to move on....

Son shows up in huge moments

beach bum

Wow 2-2 at 11 minutes.... If you can watch this match folks it may be one for the ages

beach bum

3-2 now 21 minutes Man City with the lead.... They need one more with Spurs with the tiebreaker currently on away goals.... Man City still must win by two goals tonight!

beach bum

Man City wins the match 4-3 but Tottenham moves on 4-4 on away goals

Man City had thought they had won in stoppage time on a Sterling goal with the crowd and players going crazy for about 30 seconds, but VAR saved the day for Spurs as Aguero was narrowly offside after review. That was one of the best matches I have seen in my entire life

AirWarren

That was some kind of soccer match. Wow.

English soccer is the SEC of soccer this year. Strong strong play coming out of the EPL.

AirWarren

Chelsea in action today in the Europa league.

Let's see what Chelsea team shows up.

beach bum

Rooting for that all London Europa League final with Chelsea vs Arsenal !!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas