• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Soccer 2018

Started by AirWarren, May 14, 2018, 12:50:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Still got the big award to win, but here is a list of our soccer awards.

http://salineriversports.blogspot.com/2018/05/warren-high-school-male-soccer-awards.html?m=1

All state:

Daniel Mondragon

Salomon Garay

Defensive Player of the Year:

Captain Avery Rhoden

Offensive Player of the Year:

Daniel Mondragon-

43 goals and 15 assists

MAXPreps player of the week

Second ranked player IN THE STATE.

6th ranked player in the NATION.

4 year letterman

All Star Game first pick

beach bum

Holy smokes if he is the #6 recruit in the nation where is he going to play college soccer at? All those top schools in the mid Atlantic and west coast must even be calling with that high of a recruiting ranking.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: beach bum on May 14, 2018, 01:05:44 pm
Holy smokes if he is the #6 recruit in the nation where is he going to play college soccer at? All those top schools in the mid Atlantic and west coast must even be calling with that high of a recruiting ranking.

I think he might have been saying 6th in goals... Correct me if I'm wrong.

AirWarren

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on May 14, 2018, 01:19:18 pm
I think he might have been saying 6th in goals... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Not certain. Just going off what was cited in the online paper.

Puddle Jumper

Max Preps is a joke you can't go by that site for national rankings for players or teams

Ladyfan

Quote from: Puddle Jumper on May 14, 2018, 02:20:04 pm
Max Preps is a joke you can't go by that site for national rankings for players or teams
On top of that, a lot of coaches don't input stats.

Lets Go 5

Quote from: Ladyfan on May 14, 2018, 06:01:00 pm
On top of that, a lot of coaches don't input stats.

Exactly correct! No need in giving information or stats to your competition.

Buck183

May 14, 2018, 10:41:28 pm #7 Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:05:29 pm by Buck183
Edited

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: Buck183 on May 14, 2018, 10:41:28 pm
I'm just trying to figure out who in their right mind would announce all this info prior to the ship?  Makes zero sense.

Coaches can easily find the information on max preps themselves. I know of multiple who have done it to check on teams and their star players.

Lets Go 5

As you can see in Bucks statement. You won't or shouldn't be able to see those in our team other then the total score. Plus I praise an assist more then a goal. Teaches unselfish play and playing as a team. Our goalie did get an assist this year. That was a crazy play for sure.

AirWarren

I'm just trying to figure out who in their right mind would announce all this info prior to the ship?  Makes zero sense. 

Lol. Good grief.

AirWarren

Quote from: Lets Go 5 on May 14, 2018, 08:41:02 pm

Why? No need to be scared. Game is played on the field. Not on fearless or max preps.

RazorDad

Doesn't matter if the stats are published or not, no team plays in secret.

Information on an upcoming opponent gets to the coaches and players through parents and other players/coaches. Especially from rival(s) of said opponent.

SportsDad

Warren holds their Spring Sports Banquet the week of the state tourney... since soccer is a spring sport, the awards were given out LAST Monday, on May 7... the online article is simply reflecting what happened at the banquet.

As far as stats go, almost ALL coaches enter individual and team stats now... there are only a handful that do not.

Ladyfan

May 15, 2018, 12:39:56 pm #14 Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:49:45 pm by Ladyfan
Quote from: SportsDad on May 15, 2018, 09:31:25 am
Warren holds their Spring Sports Banquet the week of the state tourney... since soccer is a spring sport, the awards were given out LAST Monday, on May 7... the online article is simply reflecting what happened at the banquet.

As far as stats go, almost ALL coaches enter individual and team stats now... there are only a handful that do not.

I find the opposite to be true and many more that do not compared to who do. Our samples are likely different.

beach bum

May 15, 2018, 12:58:18 pm #15 Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:01:16 pm by beach bum

Lol.... ok. Maybe the Premier League and La Liga should stop keeping stats too. Barcelona better start hiding Messi's stats. And Real Madrid better hide Ronaldo better..... If you're better than your opponent it does not matter.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on May 15, 2018, 06:14:18 am
Lol. Good grief.

I am getting a good laugh out of this too....

beach bum

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on May 14, 2018, 10:54:04 pm

Coaches can easily find the information on max preps themselves. I know of multiple who have done it to check on teams and their star players.

While minnows are worried about stars.... The stars are worrying about improving their own game. Zlatan Ibrahimovic had a saying like that but in a slightly different way.

Buck183

May 15, 2018, 01:17:32 pm #18 Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:05:03 pm by Buck183
Edited due to uncalled for reply on my part. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Buck183 on May 15, 2018, 01:17:32 pm
Apparently I should have worded my reply differently given it was taken wrong by the masses.  I was not referring to publishing any stats or player info on Maxpreps for all to see.  It had NOTHING to do with that.  I could honestly care less who shares what for info in that arena.  If it makes you happy then by all means do it. 

I just thought it odd that we already announced All State honors and stuff like that prior to the season being over.  This is usually saved for the post season banquet when one can find out everything from the season.  All Tournament, Maxpreps honors, sports writer honors, and so on.  Just seemed like an early time to come out with that info when the state hasn't even released it yet. 

That's it, nothing more, nothing less.  Settle down. 

Me settle down?? Lol.

I'm not the one getting bent out of shape over a news article.

Buck183

May 15, 2018, 04:21:19 pm #20 Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:05:16 pm by Buck183
Edited

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: beach bum on May 15, 2018, 01:05:42 pm
While minnows are worried about stars.... The stars are worrying about improving their own game. Zlatan Ibrahimovic had a saying like that but in a slightly different way.

For the record, I was simply commenting that putting this stuff on fearless isnt a big deal, coaches can figure this stuff out fairly easily.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on May 15, 2018, 01:05:42 pm

Exactly.

SportsDad

At this point of the season, the stats don't lie... they are what they are. I can tell you that Warren knows exactly who they need to stop on Berryville, and Berryville knows exactly who they need to stop on Warren. There will not be any surprises for either team on Saturday at 4pm.

AirWarren

Quote from: SportsDad on May 16, 2018, 09:55:39 am
At this point of the season, the stats don't lie... they are what they are. I can tell you that Warren knows exactly who they need to stop on Berryville, and Berryville knows exactly who they need to stop on Warren. There will not be any surprises for either team on Saturday at 4pm.

Yeah. Fairly sure saline river chronicle isn't concerned about what berryville knows and doesn't know.

AirWarren

State champions!

Congrats to the soccer team from Warren!

AirWarren

Daniel Mondragon gets his 45th goals of the season today.

Someone get a highlight reel to some colleges and get that young man on the field somewhere at the next level.

Romeo

I think other than Mondragon, the kid Rhoden is a huge part of the team. He makes it tough for opponents to score with that tall frame in the middle.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on May 19, 2018, 06:28:34 pm
I think other than Mondragon, the kid Rhoden is a huge part of the team. He makes it tough for opponents to score with that tall frame in the middle.

No doubt. Our back line defense was outstanding.

AirWarren

May 20, 2018, 08:49:36 pm #29 Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:41:34 pm by AirWarren
On a cool note. Coach wood was on the heartbreaking end of a title game in 2006 for warren.

In 2018, he gets his ring.

AirWarren

May 20, 2018, 09:59:40 pm #30 Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:02:03 pm by AirWarren
What an article. Kudos to Rob and SRC. Minus the senseless and shameful ARSENAL PLUG. :D

http://salineriverchronicle.blogspot.com/2018/05/lumberjack-soccer-club-crowned-4a-state.html?m=1#more

AirWarren

AirWarren

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas