• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Week 9 Fan Poll

Started by AT, October 19, 2018, 10:56:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

October 19, 2018, 10:56:15 pm Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 11:03:16 pm by Almatrackster
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Harrison
3. Texarkana
4. Little Rock McClellan
5. Little Rock Christian
6. Camden Fairview
7. Blytheville
8. Nettleton
9. White Hall
10. Alma

Just missed for me: Batesville, Morrilton

PA Dad

October 19, 2018, 11:06:11 pm #1 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 07:57:07 pm by PA Dad
1.  PA
2.  Texarkana
3.  Harrison
4.  LRCA
5.  McClellan
6.  Nettleton
7.  Camden Fairview
8.  White Hall
9.  Alma
10. Batesville

I'm changing my poll based on Blytheville's forfeits.

woopork

PA
Texas High
Harrison
LRCA
McClellan
Batesville
Blytheville
White Hall
Morrilton
Alma

After the top 5 it's a cluster of arrangement.
Batesville seems to have announced themselves against the "hardest hitting team ever". I may have misquoted that but it was close to the gist.
I think top 2 from East and South will advance although I'd love to see Batesville be a 4 seed verse Texarkana cause that may be a heck of a game and it would be absolute destiny.

West is...? Harrison then who?

Central appears to be PA >>> LRCA >>>>>> rest of central

If you are a religious person, please pray for a Pioneer/Hogs matchup and maybe we can convince JessieP and Hoghead/Man to call the game on the radio together.

the voice

PA
Morrilton
Harrison
LRCA
Tex
LRM
Blytheville
Batesville
WH
Nettleton

woopork

Quote from: the voice on October 19, 2018, 11:21:14 pm
PA
Morrilton
Harrison
LRCA
Tex
LRM
Blytheville
Batesville
WH
Nettleton

Lol Voice

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on October 19, 2018, 11:06:11 pm
1.  PA
2.  Texarkana
3.  Harrison
4.  LRCA
5.  McClellan
6.  Blytheville
7.  Camden Fairview
8.  White Hall
9.  Nettleton
10. Alma

Just missed:  Batesville

Seriously Dad? That's the list you want to submit? Knowing how Batesville is a completely different team in October you still rank the team they mercy ruled ahead of them? I mean your top 5, no question. Come on though, Why not drop Blythesville to just missed and slot Batesville into the 10 spot? A mercy ruled game carries no weight with you? It was not a OT thriller, Batesville was in control from the 6 minute mark on. A one sided thrashing still keeps them at number 6? I gotta say, That's bizarre.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on October 20, 2018, 12:03:02 am
Seriously Dad? That's the list you want to submit? Knowing how Batesville is a completely different team in October you still rank the team they mercy ruled ahead of them? I mean your top 5, no question. Come on though, Why not drop Blythesville to just missed and slot Batesville into the 10 spot? A mercy ruled game carries no weight with you? It was not a OT thriller, Batesville was in control from the 6 minute mark on. A one sided thrashing still keeps them at number 6? I gotta say, That's bizarre.

You may well be right.  But, I look at the overall record.  Head to head matters but it's not the whole picture.  Blytheville is still number 1 in the East.  Batesville is number 3.  It's hard for me to rank the number 3 team in the conference ahead of the number 1 team regardless of the head to head win.

But we don't have to figure it out now.  Time will tell.

By the way, if you look at my record predicting games, you'll ignore my rankings anyway.

#1 Hog fan

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Harrison
3. Texarkana
4. Little Rock McClellan
5. Little Rock Christian
6. Camden Fairview
7. Blytheville
8. Nettleton
9. White Hall
10. Alma

razorcardsfan11

1. PA
2. Texarkana
3. Harrison
4. Little Rock Christian
5. Little Rock McClellan
6. Blytheville
7. Nettleton
8. Camden Fairview
9. Alma
10. White hall

Roscoe

PA
Morrilton
Harrison
LRCA
Tex
LRM
Blytheville
Batesville
WH
Nettleton
Morrilton at 2? Really? A 4-4 record, third in their own conference? A weak conference at that? I wish people would at least be objective on here when doing rankings!

DevilDog59

PA
Morrilton
Harrison
LRCA
Tex
LRM
Blytheville
Batesville
WH

Voice... come on. We are not number 2. We might be top 10 as we sit now.. but in no way are we second. Now that could change very quickly when Jacolby comes back... which could be very soon, but until then we're just an average playoff team.
Nettleton

Roscoe

The 4 teams Morrilton has beaten has a combined record of 11-21 with one team having a winning record which is Greenbrier at 5-3!

Go Postal

PA
Morrilton
Harrison
LRCA
Tex
LRM
Blytheville
Batesville
WH
Nettleton

athletic supporter

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Texarkana
3. Harrison
4. LR Christian
5. LR McClellan
6. Camden Fairview
7. Alma
8. White Hall
9. Blytheville
10. Nettleton

the voice

Quote from: Go Postal on October 20, 2018, 08:16:17 am

It's a fan poll. Just stirring things up. This poll doesn't matter. Vote how you want. 😂 like I said Jacolby plays next week. Harrison is top team in the West. Roscoe have you watched a game Morrilton has played??  Harrison destroys Alma. Morrilton played them closer than anyone and with our third string qb, not taking anything from Harrison. It's about match ups.

I put them where I think they finish the season. Just my opinion

Rocket23

1.  PA
2.  Harrison
3.  Texarkana
4.  McClellan
5.  LRCA
6.  Nettleton
7.  White Hall
8.  Morrilton
9.  Batesville
10. Blytheville

RazorDad

1. Pulaski Academy
2. LR Christian Academy
3. Harrison
4. Texarkana
5. LR McClellan
6. White Hall
7. Nettleton
8. Alma
9. LR Parkview
10. Blytheville

JessieP

Let's try another tack here. Forget Batesville for a minute, people hate Batesville, I get it. They have obnoxious posters here and garner little respect, I'm fine with that. Let's say Batesville is mediocre, overrated, rebuilding and just plain annoying. Some posters are keeping Blytheville in the top 10 after getting mercy ruled by an unranked team? The score was 31-6 at halftime, They were getting sissy slapped by crappy little Batesville and you're going to keep them in the top 10? Really? This was not LCRA getting mercy ruled by PA, I could see forgiving that. This was puny little Batesville playing the JV's in the 4th quarter and you keep them in the top 10? I mean come on, drop Batesville to number 26 but don't keep Blytheville in the top 10. As Dr. Lee famously said at the OJ trial "Something not right with this picture". Wynne lost to Blytheville by 23 points and you banish Wynne to Siberia, Batesville annihilates Blytheville by 35 and Blytheville stays right there? 

kosher33

PA
Harrison
Texarkana
LRC
LRM
CF
WH
Nettleton
Batesville
Alma

DevilDog59

Quote from: Roscoe on October 20, 2018, 08:07:39 am
The 4 teams Morrilton has beaten has a combined record of 11-21 with one team having a winning record which is Greenbrier at 5-3!

You do realize we lost our D1 SEC quarterback and then his backup went down... we played a third string QB for most of the season. Jacolby will be back soon, and then we'll see how you feel.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: kosher33 on October 20, 2018, 05:20:03 pm
PA
Harrison
Texarkana
LRC
LRM
CF
WH
Nettleton
Batesville
Alma

Good poll Jessie

InYoGrill

Texarkana
PA
LMC
Harrison
LRC
Blyth
Nettleton
MoTown
Wynne
Briar

Zeus

1. AHS
2. PA
3. LRMC
4. LRCA
5. Harrison
6. Camden Fairview
7. Blytheville
8. White Hall
9. Nettleton
10. Alma

Roscoe

Quote from: DevilDog59 on October 20, 2018, 06:45:00 pm

You do realize we lost our D1 SEC quarterback and then his backup went down... we played a third string QB for most of the season. Jacolby will be back soon, and then we'll see how you feel.

Really doesn't matter how I "feel", I was just pointing out that at this stage in the season Morrilton has not done the things on the field to warrant a #2 ranking. I'm sure they will win the last 2 games and finish the regular season at 6-4 which is where they typically end up during McNabb's tenure. (In 8 full seasons with McNabb as the head coach the Dogs' average 6.5 wins and 4.5 losses.)

I have watched several 5A West games this year, I've watched Morrilton, Alma, and Harrison play about 3 times and the conclusion I draw is that with the exception of Harrison the West is down this year and it appears the East is as well with Batesville and Wynne not as strong as in years past.

the voice

October 21, 2018, 02:57:56 pm #24 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:59:39 pm by the voice
We love coach mcnabb. Russellville and Conway wanted  him. So take your dish elsewhere, he already brought us one ring. We believe he'll get us another.

AT

Not crazy to think Morrilton will be #2 with Jacolby at all IMO.

AT

Hoping to close this early Wednesday again.

Overdahill

October 21, 2018, 08:00:15 pm #27 Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 08:02:51 pm by Overdahill
1. PA
2. Tex
3. Gobs
4. LRCA
5. LR McClellan
6. CFV
7. WH
8. Pioneers (aka Possums)
9. Alma
10. Bly

Lumberjackfan1978

1.PA
2.Texarkana
3.Harrison
4.LRCA
5.LRMC
6.Camden Fairview
7.Blytheville
8.White Hall
9.Nettleton
10.Alma

DevilDog59

Quote from: Roscoe on October 21, 2018, 02:06:42 pm
Really doesn't matter how I "feel", I was just pointing out that at this stage in the season Morrilton has not done the things on the field to warrant a #2 ranking. I'm sure they will win the last 2 games and finish the regular season at 6-4 which is where they typically end up during McNabb's tenure. (In 8 full seasons with McNabb as the head coach the Dogs' average 6.5 wins and 4.5 losses.)

I have watched several 5A West games this year, I've watched Morrilton, Alma, and Harrison play about 3 times and the conclusion I draw is that with the exception of Harrison the West is down this year and it appears the East is as well with Batesville and Wynne not as strong as in years past.

McNabb has easily been the best coach in the West the past 4-5 years... no other team in the West has a championship in since he entered, and he beat the almighty P.A. he has dominated the west... most of the losses you speak of come in non conference games against teams like Russellville and Searcy. I realize my bias is showing... but everything you're saying is anecdotal. You're basing it all off, as you said, an eye-test.

AT

Quote from: DevilDog59 on October 22, 2018, 10:18:07 am
McNabb has easily been the best coach in the West the past 4-5 years... no other team in the West has a championship in since he entered, and he beat the almighty P.A. he has dominated the west... most of the losses you speak of come in non conference games against teams like Russellville and Searcy. I realize my bias is showing... but everything you're saying is anecdotal. You're basing it all off, as you said, an eye-test.

I would argue that Loughridge is right there with McNabb or better.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 22, 2018, 10:49:39 am
I would argue that Loughridge is right there with McNabb or better.

I would argue that mcnabb under achieves with the athletes he has in Morrilton.

DEVIL DOG HOG

1 Harrison                  8-0     5-0
2 Pulaski Academy      7-1     5-0
3 Texarkana               7-1     5-0
4 LR McClellen            7-1     4-1
5 LR Christian             7-1     4-1
6 Nettleton                 8-0     5-0   Blythville forfiet
7 White Hall                5-2     4-1
8 Camden Fairview      5-3     4-1
9 Alama                      4-4     4-1
10 Morrilton                  4-4     3-2   

the voice

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 22, 2018, 11:04:51 am
I would argue that mcnabb under achieves with the athletes he has in Morrilton.
Lol ! Nope wanna know what it looks like ? Go back to prior to his arrival and look at the losing records and horrible state of football there.  He's a great coach and we lucky to have him

But you do love to argue things !

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on October 22, 2018, 02:15:40 pm
Lol ! Nope wanna know what it looks like ? Go back to prior to his arrival and look at the losing records and horrible state of football there.  He's a great coach and we lucky to have him

But you do love to argue things !

Good coach maybe. Has a ways to go to be considered great.

He under achieves in my opinion. Has lots of talent and just doesn't win when it matters most other than one year. Loses to teams with less talent too.

Roscoe

I believe Morrilton has not made it past the second round of the playoffs but once in his tenure.  2013 was a great year for the Devil Dogs, no doubt, but that was ONE year.  You guys want to hang your hat on a victory over PA 5 years ago which was a great victory but that was ONE game.  The next thing you'll be saying is "Morrilton and PA have run the 5A for the past 5 years with both teams winning the state championship during that time!"

I'm sure McNabb is a good coach and a good guy, and I certainly didn't intend for this post to be about him.  I just get frustrated when certain people refuse to take off their rose colored glasses.

the voice

October 22, 2018, 04:24:29 pm #36 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 07:35:09 pm by the voice
You sound like a certain individual I know who always bragged about regular season victories and such. It was a big year for us. We got there and won. Maybe we don't make to third round every year and lose. Splitting hairs if you ask me. We get there with mcnabb we win . Some kind of rose colored wearing folks brag about reaching higher rounds and what not , they don't give out awards for that , ( polishing my ring ) 😜😉

Go Postal

1.  PA
2.  Texarkana
3.  Harrison
4.  LRCA
5.  McClellan
6.  Nettleton
7.  Camden Fairview
8.  Morrilton
9.  Alma
10. White Hall

JoeDirt

1.PA
2.Harrison
3.Texarkana
4.LRCA
5.LRMC
6.Blytheville
7.Nettleton
8.Camden Fariview
9. White Hall
10.Alma

MDXPHD

Quote from: Go Postal on October 23, 2018, 08:24:27 am
1.  PA
2.  Texarkana
3.  Harrison
4.  LRCA
5.  McClellan
6.  Nettleton
7.  Camden Fairview
8.  Morrilton
9.  Alma
10. White Hall

You better hurry and put Harrison at one or two while they're playing so well! Stop going the humble route.

Youngsta71701

October 23, 2018, 11:52:19 am #40 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:11:37 pm by Youngsta71701
1. Pulaski Academy (5-0) (7-1)
2. LR Christian (4-1) (7-1)
3. Texarkana (5-0) (7-1)
4. Harrison (5-0) (8-0)
5. LR McClellan (4-1) (7-1)
6. Nettleton (4-1) (7-1)
7. Alma (4-1) (4-4)
8. Camden Fairview (4-1) (5-3)
9. White Hall (4-1) (5-2)
10. Morrilton (3-2) (4-4)

Youngsta71701

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on October 22, 2018, 02:12:42 pm
1 Harrison                  8-0     5-0
2 Pulaski Academy      7-1     5-0
3 Texarkana               7-1     5-0
4 LR McClellen            7-1     4-1
5 LR Christian             7-1     4-1
6 Nettleton                 8-0     5-0   Blythville forfiet
7 White Hall                5-2     4-1
8 Camden Fairview      5-3     4-1
9 Alama                      4-4     4-1
10 Morrilton                  4-4     3-2
??? Did I miss something?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 23, 2018, 12:01:43 pm
  ??? Did I miss something?

Yes lol. You did if you hadn't read the 3-4 threads on that!

AHS06

1. Pulaski Academy (7-1)
2. Texarkana (7-1)
3. Little Rock Christian (7-1)
4. Little Rock McClellan (7-1)
5. Harrison (8-0)
6. Nettleton (7-1)
7. Blytheville (3-5)
8. Morrilton (4-4)
9. White Hall (5-2)
10. Camden Fairview (5-3)

MDXPHD

Quote from: AHS06 on October 23, 2018, 12:25:48 pm
1. Pulaski Academy (7-1)
2. Texarkana (7-1)
3. Little Rock Christian (7-1)
4. Little Rock McClellan (7-1)
5. Harrison (8-0)
6. Nettleton (7-1)
7. Blytheville (3-5)
8. Morrilton (4-4)
9. White Hall (5-2)
10. Camden Fairview (5-3)

Lol that Harrison is ranked so low and Texarkana so high. Y'all have played two above average teams. Lost to one and barely won the other. Heck you've struggled against bad teams at least once. Harrison  at least smashes all the bad ones. Whatever makes you feel good though.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 23, 2018, 12:17:45 pm
Yes lol. You did if you hadn't read the 3-4 threads on that!
I guess I been slippin lol. Thanks.

AHS06

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 23, 2018, 12:31:09 pm
Lol that Harrison is ranked so low and Texarkana so high. Y'all have played two above average teams. Lost to one and barely won the other. Heck you've struggled against bad teams at least once. Harrison  at least smashes all the bad ones. Whatever makes you feel good though.
Sad to say your team is not even ranked! 

JessieP

Quote from: Go Postal on October 23, 2018, 08:24:27 am
1.  PA
2.  Texarkana
3.  Harrison
4.  LRCA
5.  McClellan
6.  Nettleton
7.  Camden Fairview
8.  Morrilton
9.  Alma
10. White Hall

To me this is a legitimate Top 10 list. It makes sense, you could argue about flipping some positions but overall it is thought out. To all the posters keeping Blytheville in the Top 10 I want to knock on their foreheads and scream "Hello, McFly, is anyone in there? Hello, they got MERCY RULED by an unranked team. Is anyone home in there"?. I think maybe everyone needs to sit down, turn off the TV and focus on what I'm saying. Are you ready? Here goes "Top 10 teams do not get mercy ruled by unranked teams, EVER". Many teams have been beaten badly by lower ranked teams but guess what? THEY LOSE THEIR RANKING.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on October 23, 2018, 01:03:21 pm
To me this is a legitimate Top 10 list. It makes sense, you could argue about flipping some positions but overall it is thought out. To all the posters keeping Blytheville in the Top 10 I want to knock on their foreheads and scream "Hello, McFly, is anyone in there? Hello, they got MERCY RULED by an unranked team. Is anyone home in there"?. I think maybe everyone needs to sit down, turn off the TV and focus on what I'm saying. Are you ready? Here goes "Top 10 teams do not get mercy ruled by unranked teams, EVER". Many teams have been beaten badly by lower ranked teams but guess what? THEY LOSE THEIR RANKING.

This is ignoring the split personality of the Possums/Pioneers. If they got mercy ruled in September I would agree with you but not In October  ;D

MDXPHD

Quote from: AHS06 on October 23, 2018, 12:44:20 pm
Sad to say your team is not even ranked!

Ranked by fearlessfriday fans...Yes, so sad I guess? At least we will both finish the season lacking the hardware and jewelry that matters most right?

I can't wait for everyone to remember who finished 3rd, 4th, or 5th this season. I know that's what is important to you Texarkana folk.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas