• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A little shout out, I guess it counts for 5A

Started by JessieP, October 23, 2018, 10:58:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JessieP

USA Today announced their 50 best places to live list. One Arkansas city made the list. Coming in at number 25 is....Batesville! They made no mention about Pioneer football but that was probably to save space. I'm sure they would have gotten around to it.

Overdahill

October 24, 2018, 07:17:47 am #1 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 07:25:33 am by Overdahill
Quote from: JessieP on October 23, 2018, 10:58:37 pm
USA Today announced their 50 best places to live list. One Arkansas city made the list. Coming in at number 25 is....Batesville! They made no mention about Pioneer football but that was probably to save space. I'm sure they would have gotten around to it.

Hootens has Batesville at #25 also ;D (But that was in September)

Maynard G Krebs

I stopped in Batesville this past Sunday to grab some lunch.  Nice, historic town with several amenities uncommon for towns its size.  Congrats on the recognition.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 24, 2018, 08:13:57 am
I stopped in Batesville this past Sunday to grab some lunch.  Nice, historic town with several amenities uncommon for towns its size.  Congrats on the recognition.

Where did you eat and why didn't you invite me?!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 24, 2018, 08:26:19 am
Where did you eat and why didn't you invite me?!

KFC.  In a hurry to get home so I didn't call.  Plus, I wasn't sure if they would issue you a pass out of the nervous unit of WRMC😀

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 24, 2018, 08:29:33 am
KFC.  In a hurry to get home so I didn't call.  Plus, I wasn't sure if they would issue you a pass out of the nervous unit of WRMC😀

I get one per week and I would have been happy to use it to eat with a celeb like yourself at KFC!

Go Postal

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 24, 2018, 08:37:38 am
I get one per week and I would have been happy to use it to eat with a celeb like yourself at KFC!
He didn't want greasy fingerprints in his limo   :P ;)

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Go Postal on October 24, 2018, 11:04:28 am

Spot on, Postal.  I just didn't want to admit it and sound aloof😀

MDXPHD

Quote from: Go Postal on October 24, 2018, 11:04:28 am

Everyone is too high class for me.

TrenchHogs

Isn't a lot of players moving over to Southside?

Rampage72501

TrenchHogs

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 24, 2018, 02:41:54 pm
LOL

Serious question... I don't know much about either school but I've heard that a lot in recent weeks.

Rampage72501

Quote from: TrenchHogs on October 24, 2018, 02:56:16 pm
Serious question... I don't know much about either school but I've heard that a lot in recent weeks.

You need better sources.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: TrenchHogs on October 24, 2018, 01:35:20 pm
Isn't a lot of players moving over to Southside?

Players or end of the bench scrubs?

MDXPHD

Quote from: TrenchHogs on October 24, 2018, 02:56:16 pm

How have you heard that a lot if you aren't familiar with either? Can't be a hot topic anywhere else but around here really.

Some kids are going, sure. Some kids come to Batesville. Happens not just in football but other sports as well. When two good size schools are so close, it will happen. Batesville certainly hasn't gotten worse at football because of it though. It's had a very light, if any, impact at all.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas