• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post week 7 (Monday, April 18th thru Saturday, April 23rd) results here please!

Started by sevenof400, April 17, 2016, 07:08:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JMBknvc

Quote from: Outlaw on April 22, 2016, 10:16:22 pm
I wonder where maumelle ranks now

Maumelle   8-1-0   
Clarksville   6-2-0   
Little Rock Christian Academy 5-4-0
Greenbrier   4-5-0   
Vilonia   3-5-0   
Harrison   3-5-0   
Morrilton   0-6-0

Looks like they are still leading the 5A West Conference, which is all that matters.

Outlaw

Why does people or teams get so sensitive on this sight if a team loses they lose its not about public schools or private schools it's about the student athletes student coming first I asked since a team loss where do they fall in ranking and fans, or parents get so bent out of shape..it wasn't to shame a school just a simple question

Outlaw

Is Jacksonville the only undefeated team in 5A with maumelle losing today?

Lionheart88

DeQueen @ White Hall:
VG DeQueen 4, White Hall 0.  Close game at the half, 1-0.  Then White Hall switched keepers and DeQueen scored 3 in the first 10 minutes of the second half.

VB: DeQueen 7, White Hall 2.  3-0 at the half, mercy rule was on before White Hall scored any.

JMBknvc

Quote from: Outlaw on April 22, 2016, 10:32:09 pm
Why does people or teams get so sensitive on this sight if a team loses they lose its not about public schools or private schools it's about the student athletes student coming first I asked since a team loss where do they fall in ranking and fans, or parents get so bent out of shape..it wasn't to shame a school just a simple question

The reply was also just a simple reply. They lost and as any team in sports, will drop in the standings and that is just how it works. Think a better question would be is how far might they drop? However, I don't think the team cares that much about the MaxPrep Rankings, as they do winning their conference.   

sevenof400

Perhaps the better question might be to consider what has made Greenbrier play better as of late....

Outlaw

Yeah I think I'll just quit asking questions and let the play on the field speak for itself no rankings needed

sevenof400

Quote from: Outlaw on April 23, 2016, 07:42:46 am
Yeah I think I'll just quit asking questions and let the play on the field speak for itself no rankings needed

Well, don't do that - it's already too quiet around here! 

These conversations are some of the only insights I get into teams I may not get to see all that often!

Lionheart88

Quote from: Outlaw on April 23, 2016, 07:42:46 am
Is that how the West is deciding playoff seeding this year?  Here I thought that was decided by the rankings.  Silly me.

TDK

Sir Alex

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 23, 2016, 08:39:16 am
Is that how the West is deciding playoff seeding this year?  Here I thought that was decided by the rankings.  Silly me.

According to AAA bylaws each conference can determine its own way of seeding for the state tournament so rankings could be used.😀 Too funny!

To answer the question regarding Greenbrier, they are a fairly solid young team. With that said you will get some inconsistent play. Case in point is Maumelle. Very solid team not consistent in the scoring department and teams in the 2nd half of conference play are countering their strengths.  Should be an interesting last two weeks in the 5a West. Clarksville and Muamelle are definitely going to be in, but then you have LRCA, Vilonia, Greenbrier and Harrison battling it out for #3 and 4. I think in the end, you will have the last three battling for one spot.  Tuesday has Vilonia and Harrison at Vilonia. Not sure about the other match ups and when they occur.

mijally

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 23, 2016, 07:39:05 am
Perhaps the better question might be to consider what has made Greenbrier play better as of late....
Maumelle had chances early to score and didn't which gave Greenbrier more confidence as the game went on. If they get a team to OT they will be tough. They buried 5 solid KFTM to win. We've played better but hats off to them. They earned it.

Go Postal

The West is one screwed up conference in ANY sport.  Always a battle for seeding.  This is why I LOVE it so much.  You never know what's going to happen.  I will miss it next year with the new format. Clarksville and Harrison, welcome back Greenwood and Siloam Springs. :P

WillC

FutbolPhan

Conway continues to find a way to win in unimpressive fashion due to it's style of play. Letting a 4-10-1 Van Buren team hang around and take the game into extra time KFTM is living on the edge especially at home. They have now played five conference games and all have been in extra time KFTM...

WillC

From the looks of it, Van Buren knew how to play Conway. They played a conservative formation to withstand the straight-ahead attack and looked to counter out of it. Conway's the better team, but props to VB on the gameplan.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas