• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post week 6 (Monday, April 11th thru Saturday, April 16th) results here please!

Started by sevenof400, April 09, 2016, 11:14:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

End of the first round of conference play arrives for most conferences this week - a first good look at the playoffs forthcoming...

razorback

VHSCoach2

The only results I've seen for today's action:

Heber Springs VG 1, Batesville Southside VG 0
Heber Springs VB 1(7), Batesville Southside VB 1(6)

tatog19

MB Hog

Sylvan Hills girls at PA tonight will give us a better idea whether anything interesting will happen in the 5A Central (girls) this year.  SH has played, and beaten, all the other teams in the conference.  PA has only played a conference game against LR Mills.

VHSCoach2

One other set of scores from last night:

Mountain Home VB 5, Marion VB 1
Mountain Home VG 5, Marion VG 0

hogbert

Badger

VHSCoach2

Outlaw

FutbolPhan

Quote from: Badger on April 12, 2016, 07:54:52 pm
VB

Conway 1 (Conway won in PKs 4-3)
Catholic 1

I think the actual number of made kicks was Conway 3 and Catholic 2. Conway keeper made three saves for sure so the score line would be as follows:

Conway 1 (3) vs. Catholic 1 (2)

The scoreboard adds the kicks to the full time score...

HP14

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

4/12 White Hall @ Hot Springs

VG: Hot Springs 1, White Hall 0.

VB: Hot Springs 6, White Hall 0.

GobSoccerFan12

Delete please. Repost.

GobSoccerFan12

Badger

Quote from: FutbolPhan on April 12, 2016, 08:33:51 pm
I think the actual number of made kicks was Conway 3 and Catholic 2. Conway keeper made three saves for sure so the score line would be as follows:

Conway 1 (3) vs. Catholic 1 (2)

The scoreboard adds the kicks to the full time score...

You could be right, I had to take my little girl to the bathroom, so missed the first couple, and I don't remember the scoreboard keeping track.  My son told me Catholic made 3, so went with that.  I do know they went to a 6th man for each side, so if the Conway keeper saved 3 including the 6th man's to win, then Catholic must have made 3 out of the first 5, if my math's correct.  But, I'm good, if you're good.

Futbolphan, you had previously asked if anyone had seen Conway this year, and if they're worthy of Maxprep's #1 ranking.  At the time, I answered based on Conway's results and a common opponent with Catholic.  I have now seen them play and can definitively say - not #1 in the state.  I'm not sure what I saw tonight should even be considered soccer - by either side. 

TDK

onewildrice

FutbolPhan

Badger,

As I stated in a previous post, Conway plays sweeper-stopper defense and long ball, lump it down field 50-50 offense. It's ugly but will win a few games as seen in the last three games that they won in stoppage time. Problem for them is that they do not possess the ball, have only played lower classification teams in non-conference and will most likely be ill-prepared to play skilled, technical, possession teams from the 7A West.

VHSCoach2

Badger

Quote from: FutbolPhan on April 12, 2016, 09:46:54 pm
Badger,

As I stated in a previous post, Conway plays sweeper-stopper defense and long ball, lump it down field 50-50 offense. It's ugly but will win a few games as seen in the last three games that they won in stoppage time. Problem for them is that they do not possess the ball, have only played lower classification teams in non-conference and will most likely be ill-prepared to play skilled, technical, possession teams from the 7A West.

Ditto for Catholic.  The difference, Conway can make its PKs.     

JMBknvc

Quote from: GobSoccerFan12 on April 12, 2016, 09:12:31 pm
My friend who's nephew is a Clarksville player said the boys game was closer than the score says. Said Clarksville should've had a goal on a ball that bounced over the goalie, but wasn't given, about 15 mins in, And also hit the crossbar moments later. Said that 2 Maumelle goals came from missed clearences by Clarksville. Said he thought Maumelle deserved the win, but it shouldn't seem as bad as 3-0 made it seem. Third goal was very nice he said. Said Clarksville missing there sweeper definitely hurt them. Just what a friend said to me over texts. Could just be sour grapes.

No, I think your friend is right. As it was a good match. In the first half Clarksville had several opportunities (hit the posts, near misses, and not sure about the no call goal due to my angel), but not able to capitalize. Whereas Maumelle did not have as many opportunities but was able to capitalize. This was my first trip to Clarksville and was taken at how narrow the field is and now understand an earlier post about the field.     

Badger

Rocket23

VG LRCA 1 Cabot 0.  LRCA thoroughly dominated possession time but failed to put the ball in the goal.  Nice win.

MB Hog

PA Girls over Sylvan Hills Girls 7-0.  The score doesn't show it, but the SH team is a good team.  The lead was a very gradual in growth.  Mercy rule didn't kick in until less than 10 minutes to go.

I don't have the final for the boys game, but PA was up 3-0 at the half.

MB Hog

Quote from: Rocket23 on April 12, 2016, 10:19:41 pm
VG LRCA 1 Cabot 0.  LRCA thoroughly dominated possession time but failed to put the ball in the goal.  Nice win.
That's a big win, but I did just hear that at least two of Cabot's top players missed the game in favor of a track meet.  I don't mean to take away from LRCA, but I figure some people will be surprised at the score given how great Cabot has been playing this season.  Makes more sense now.

Badger

VHSCoach2

Here is a collection of 5A, 6A, and 7A scores from tonight:

Boys:
FS Northside VB 3, FS Southside VB 0
Fair VB 5, Mills VB 0
Jacksonville VB 6, McClellan VB 0
Hall VB 4, Lake Hamilton VB 0
Benton VB 12, Pine Bluff VB 0
Valley View VB 11, Wynne VB 3
El Dorado VB 3, Parkview VB 2
Springdale VB 2, Rogers VB 1
Rogers-Heritage VB 3, Har-Ber VB 2

Girls:
Texarkana VG 1(4), Sheridan VG 1(2)
El Dorado VG 8, Parkview VG 0
Valley View VG 10, Wynne VG 0
Rogers-Heritage VG 2, Har-Ber VG 1
FS Northside VG 2, FS Southside VG 1
Conway VG 1(3), Mount St. Mary's VG 1(2)
Bryant VG 7, Van Buren VG 0

VHSCoach2

And here are some 4A scores:

Boys:

Huntsville VB 7, Lead Hill VB 1
Subiaco VB 6, Eureka Springs VB 2
Danville VB 4, Decatur VB 1
Riverview VB 5, Brookland VB 2

Girls:

Shiloh Christian VG 7, Eureka Springs VG 1

TNT_15

Quote from: Badger on April 12, 2016, 09:23:30 pm
You could be right, I had to take my little girl to the bathroom, so missed the first couple, and I don't remember the scoreboard keeping track.  My son told me Catholic made 3, so went with that.  I do know they went to a 6th man for each side, so if the Conway keeper saved 3 including the 6th man's to win, then Catholic must have made 3 out of the first 5, if my math's correct.  But, I'm good, if you're good.

Futbolphan, you had previously asked if anyone had seen Conway this year, and if they're worthy of Maxprep's #1 ranking.  At the time, I answered based on Conway's results and a common opponent with Catholic.  I have now seen them play and can definitively say - not #1 in the state.  I'm not sure what I saw tonight should even be considered soccer - by either side.
[/quote
Explain? What was happening to make it not soccer?

Badger

Quote from: TNT_15 on April 12, 2016, 10:50:42 pm
Explain? What was happening? Both play bad ?

Just not very appealing styles of play, more like football than futbol.

TNT_15

Quote from: Badger on April 12, 2016, 10:55:20 pm
Just not very appealing styles of play, more like football than futbol.
So they both played long ball hoping to get lucky?

HP14

Quote from: GobSoccerFan12 on April 12, 2016, 09:12:31 pm
My friend who's nephew is a Clarksville player said the boys game was closer than the score says. Said Clarksville should've had a goal on a ball that bounced over the goalie, but wasn't given, about 15 mins in, And also hit the crossbar moments later. Said that 2 Maumelle goals came from missed clearences by Clarksville. Said he thought Maumelle deserved the win, but it shouldn't seem as bad as 3-0 made it seem. Third goal was very nice he said. Said Clarksville missing there sweeper definitely hurt them. Just what a friend said to me over texts. Could just be sour grapes.

Vilonia beat Morrilton 1 (3)-1 (2) in penalties in Boys, 1-0 in Girls.
Harrison best Greenbrier 1-0 in Boys, 4-1 in Girls.

Quote from: JMBknvc on April 12, 2016, 10:13:21 pm
No, I think your friend is right. As it was a good match. In the first half Clarksville had several opportunities (hit the posts, near misses, and not sure about the no call goal due to my angel), but not able to capitalize. Whereas Maumelle did not have as many opportunities but was able to capitalize. This was my first trip to Clarksville and was taken at how narrow the field is and now understand an earlier post about the field.     

Not entirely sure I agree.  While the ill advised header back to the keeper almost resulted in a goal for CHS, may or may not have been (game film also unclear), to say that the three goals for Maumelle were not deserved or earned is interesting.  Of course the goals were the fault of mis cues on the defense... All goals are because of a defense breakdown of some kind. 
Both teams had some very close opportunities during the game and Maumelle was able to capitalize on 3 but had at least two or three other very close attempts with one being a very agile and attentive CHS defender kicking it out of the goal on a corner kick. 
Clarksville is a very good team and seemed to control the middle during the first half.  Maumelle seemed to control the middle in the second half.  It was a very good game on both sides but I'm afraid both teams could have scored more if the angles were right.  My opinion is the score was legit with a wondering smile on the unknown maybe who knows keeper save for Maumelle. 
Will look forward to the rematch in Maumelle.  It will be another good game to watch.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on April 12, 2016, 10:35:40 pm
Here are a collection of 5A, 6A, and 7A scores from tonight:

Boys:
FS Northside VB 3, FS Southside VB 0
Fair VB 5, Mills VB 0
Jacksonville VB 6, McClellan VB 0
Hall VB 4, Lake Hamilton VB 0
Benton VB 12, Pine Bluff VB 0
Valley View VB 11, Wynne VB 3
El Dorado VB 3, Parkview VB 2
Springdale VB 2, Rogers VB 1
Rogers-Heritage VB 3, Har-Ber VB 2

Girls:
Texarkana VG 1(4), Sheridan VG 1(2)
El Dorado VG 8, Parkview VG 0
Valley View VG 10, Wynne VG 0
Rogers-Heritage VG 2, Har-Ber VG 1
FS Northside VG 2, FS Southside VG 1
Conway VG 1(3), Mount St. Mary's VG 1(2)
Bryant VG 7, Van Buren VG 0

VG. Batesville 5. Paragould 1
VB. At 2:00 remaining it was Batesville 0. Paragould 2

Team Mom

Quote from: MB Hog on April 12, 2016, 10:31:39 pm
That's a big win, but I did just hear that at least two of Cabot's top players missed the game in favor of a track meet.  I don't mean to take away from LRCA, but I figure some people will be surprised at the score given how great Cabot has been playing this season.  Makes more sense now.

Yes Cabot was missing two key players, but LRCA has two key players from last season injured in preseason on top of a few players nursing injuries as well. Even with all the players there I wouldn't count LRCA out. A win is a win and LRCA dominated the field giving Cabot only a few shots when LRCA had multiple chances to score.

MB Hog

Quote from: Team Mom on April 13, 2016, 10:02:59 am
Yes Cabot was missing two key players, but LRCA has two key players from last season injured in preseason on top of a few players nursing injuries as well. Even with all the players there I wouldn't count LRCA out. A win is a win and LRCA dominated the field giving Cabot only a few shots when LRCA had multiple chances to score.
Yes, it is absolutely a win to be excited about!  I really wasn't meaning to take focus away from that, but I was surprised at the score when I saw it since Cabot has been dominating this season... and now was shut out.

To add a little detail, the two Cabot players are both D1 soccer commitments.  A sophomore forward committed to Tulsa and a junior center mid committed to UCA.

Badger

Would the D1 commits you mention be Hadley Dickinson (Jr - UCA) and Tristyn Edgar (So - Tulsa)?

MB Hog

Quote from: Badger on April 13, 2016, 07:24:59 pm
Would the D1 commits you mention be Hadley Dickinson (Jr - UCA) and Tristyn Edgar (So - Tulsa)?
Correct!

Badger

That's awesome.  I think I saw a Hadley Dickinson playing in the State Playoffs last May, but that Hadley's uniform was blue/white and had Hornets emblazoned on it.  That Hadley was a great player, too.

MB Hog

Quote from: Badger on April 13, 2016, 07:47:18 pm
That's awesome.  I think I saw a Hadley Dickinson playing in the State Playoffs last May, but that Hadley's uniform was blue/white and had Hornets emblazoned on it.  That Hadley was a great player, too.
Yep, same girl.  They moved to Cabot for her dad's job.  I'm guessing you may already know that.   :)

Badger

I did assume it was the same Hadley but was unaware she had transferred.  I'm sure Bryant hated to see her go, although it appears they haven't missed a beat, still a lot of talent on that team.

VHSCoach2

Outlaw

Badger

onewildrice

Jack1990

Warren VB - 7
Stuttgart VB - 2
FINAL

Warren VG - 7
Stuttgart VG - 1
FINAL

Flashmob

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

4/14/16 Hope @ Hot Springs
5A South Conference Match

VG: Hope 2, Hot Springs 1

VB: Hot Springs 5, Hope 4.

Sir Alex

Quote from: Badger on April 14, 2016, 08:05:24 pm
VB

Catholic 0
CAC 0

I have now seen an 8-2-0 formation.

😀 Sounds like they were going for a result and not a win?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas