• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what is the smallest school to win state

Started by lorettalynn, March 20, 2015, 11:10:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Backboard Shattered

HorseFeathers

Quote from: lorettalynn on March 20, 2015, 11:10:01 am
i say Pyatt

Ever? The list could probably be narrowed down to...

1923 Leslie-waaay back when there was only 1 class..
1939--Violet Hill
1948/54--Oden
1968--Pyatt---I've been through Bruno(other half of their present day high school), and seeing the lack of houses in that area, it makes you wonder where they do drag the kids in from...
1972--Menifee...The school was still standing until recently(or at least part of it was), and it was smaller than hector's elementary
1978--Plumerville---THink they closed at the end of that year...

ballmember

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on March 20, 2015, 08:46:05 pm
didnt Moscow win one year???

Negatory....Got a few that I've never heard of like Village]

And I missed Formosa won one in 1943...I think I've read where they were in a conference with Hector...or maybe it was a region-esque tournament..

lorettalynn

the 1923 Leslie team had never played in a gym before all of there games was out side .

oldfireguy

1930 Western Grove, when there was only one class, statewide.

I remember reading that not only did the 1923 Leslie team play all games outdoors but they also had a woman as their coach.

Googlymoogly

Most recently, the smallest school would have to be Kingston. Their girls won the state in 2008

4real

Kngston would be the smallest most recent small school winner. But sacred heart as a private school was even smaller the previous two years.

HorseFeathers

Not to nit pick...but Sacred Heart is just a tad larger than Kingston

Kingston had 46 Kids in their SR high the year the Girls won state...Sacred Heart's AAA average those years was around 60.

4real

I can promise you the Heart didn't have more than 48 kids that year

Googlymoogly

How about Saratoga? Their boys won in 1995 and 96. Seemed like that high school was averaging about 33 to 35 students until they finally closed it in 2012

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas