• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next year's state finals boys predictions

Started by no mascot, March 13, 2015, 09:42:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

no mascot

Who has the talent returning to make a run to the summit next year?

BasketballNeverStops

Just read on here a while ago that Emerson returns 4 starters. Bay could possibly make another run.

J.D.

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on March 13, 2015, 09:53:25 am
Just read on here a while ago that Emerson returns 4 starters. Bay could possibly make another run.

Bay could likely repeat.   I believe Kirby and Emerson will be Bay's biggest threats.  CL will be solid again too.

Batman44

Buck Douff

Quote from: J.D. on March 13, 2015, 02:30:20 pm
Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on March 13, 2015, 09:53:25 am

Bay could likely repeat.   I believe Kirby and Emerson will be Bay's biggest threats.  CL will be solid again too.

I like your picks...County Line will be young, but has the potential to be right there with the other three.

RetiredBB

I think Bay will be good, but not as good as this year.  I like Emerson next year.

D6Bound

Like I sid previously, it'll be very tough for bay to relplace Watson.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: RetiredBB on March 15, 2015, 10:38:44 pm
I think Bay will be good, but not as good as this year.  I like Emerson next year.

Emerson will miss Jackson. If they can replace his rebounding and scoring they'll be there.

Backboard Shattered

Catfish

I think 3 of the final four teams will be back. Bay, Emerson, and Kirby. Bay will still be VERY good. I think they're just losing two players. I do think next year will be a little more even playing field.

Backboard Shattered

adaptedtigerfan

These were some pretty solid picks here.

bluegrassboy75

Western Grove vs Omaha

Why not?  Could happen.

Blueway

I expect MVE will make a decent run next year. Who knows how far. They don't lose a single person, a majority of their points came from sophomores this season too. Team to look out fr in the future

PuddlePirate12

Kirby will be tough next year. As will GP. Who knows what move ins teams may get. Nevada won't be losing any starters either and moving up a district champs 9th grade group. Emerson will likely win 25-30 games but can't see them being much better than quarter finalists unless some people step up or move in

21-4-3

Quote from: D6Bound on March 16, 2015, 07:15:24 am
Like I sid previously, it'll be very tough for bay to relplace Watson.
He graduated. They're back in the finals. I think they replaced him.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 21-4-3 on March 08, 2016, 05:02:10 pm
He graduated. They're back in the finals. I think they replaced him.

Watched them twice....they didn't replace watson, they adjusted their offense

21-4-3

Quote from: HF on March 08, 2016, 05:08:05 pm
Watched them twice....they didn't replace watson, they adjusted their offense
That's how you replace a player. You find ways to win without them using the talent of the players you have left. You don't bring in a replica. Cloning is illegal. Even in Bay.

ErnestTBass

Guy will be there. We all know what's fixing to happen over the summer. People please use the term move-in in context because that ain't how it works over there. And don't give me that crap about this being okay because they are 16 year old kids. They will go to even further lengths to insure that karma doesn't get them like it did this year!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ErnestTBass on March 08, 2016, 05:48:15 pm
Guy will be there. We all know what's fixing to happen over the summer. People please use the term move-in in context because that ain't how it works over there. And don't give me that crap about this being okay because they are 16 year old kids. They will go to even further lengths to insure that karma doesn't get them like it did this year!

Do yourself a favor and move on

ErnestTBass

Okay Guy versus Fourche Valley or Wilburn

ErnestTBass

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on July 02, 2015, 09:27:37 am
Pink Floyd
I know of no teams or schools in Arkansas with school colors of pink. But then again there are a few local posters that know a looottt more than I do about Class A basketball. But they would make for a great half time show😂

StateChamps09

Guy will be there. Two graduate, one was a starter... see you guys next year ;)

Thechosen1

Bay vs guy in finals if they're not on same side. Bay wins again for a three peat

PuddlePirate12

Kirby will be there too. Expect County Line to be County Line as well.

1. Bay
2. Guy Perkins
3. Kirby
4. County Line
5. Nevada

If Bay gets the cc move ins.. It'll be 3 peat for sure (if GP doesn't find some talent)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 12, 2016, 01:32:07 pm
Kirby will be there too. Expect County Line to be County Line as well.

1. Bay
2. Guy Perkins
3. Kirby
4. County Line
5. Nevada

If Bay gets the cc move ins.. It'll be 3 peat for sure (if GP doesn't find some talent)

County line only loses their post off starting 5...
Doesn't Nevada bring back everyone....and its funny you back handedly accuse one school of recruitinf, while saying another is a lock of they get their rumored move ins...

PuddlePirate12

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 12, 2016, 01:51:23 pm
We all recruit don't we?

To an extent....hot springs school district has ads on the radio that can be heard in russellville. Jasper used to have a school choice billboard in Harrison..everyone does it, some are just better and less covert about it lol

PuddlePirate12

StateChamps09

PuddlePirate12

bball101

StateChamps09

March 12, 2016, 04:06:07 pm #32 Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:25:14 pm by StateChamps09
That's the truth. Think a high school can talk this austin reaves kid into failing, and playing for them next year?

Thechosen1

Bay vs guy in finals if they're not on same side. Bay wins again for a three peat

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 12, 2016, 04:56:47 pm

I can't argue....but could they both lose?

BlackMamba

Heard Ballard was considering moving back to Greenbriar, any truth to this?

StateChamps09

Hellllllll no. Haha I'm pretty close to his father, that isn't any way he's leaving. Haha nice try though.

BlackMamba

You were pretty close to Campbell too and didn't even know how old he was..  ;) Kidding, but yeah I had heard that and wanted to double check

PuddlePirate12

I heard Malik monk recommitted and signed with Emerson lol

Thechosen1

If Ballard wants to win he might as well move to bay guy isn't gonna win it after Campbell left and as long as hutch let's them play the way they do

PuddlePirate12

StateChamps09

March 12, 2016, 09:51:27 pm #41 Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:54:02 pm by StateChamps09
Don't bet on that. Say what you want about ballard, but he came the end of his sophmore year, and was gonna go to guy wether he was elgiable or not. His father, or him didn't talk to ANYONE but students before he registered for classes, and he lives in Guy... campbell was at Greenbrier last year, and that's who convinced ballard to come to guy. and there is the truth, hutch doesn't go looking for people, he can't remeber half his players name to be honest. Players do want to play for him however. How the heck is he going to remember any one else?

Catfish

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 12, 2016, 09:51:27 pm
Don't bet on that. Say what you want about ballard, but he came the end of his sophmore year, and was gonna go to guy wether he was elgiable or not. His father, or him didn't talk to ANYONE but students before he registered for classes, and he lives in Guy... campbell was at Greenbrier last year, and that's who convinced ballard to come to guy. and there is the truth, hutch doesn't go looking for people, he can't remeber half his players name to be honest. Players do want to play for him however. How the heck is he going to remember any one else?

Sounds like a great guy lol

Catfish

PuddlePirate12

redwolf99

how many does Emerson graduate this year?

PuddlePirate12

4.. 2 starters and first off the bench. They won't be the same

redwolf99

ouch! DO they have a good Jr high bunch coming up? Emerson's coach looked pretty young, is he an Emerson graduate staying close to home?

PuddlePirate12

Junior high was decent. Average at best really. They won't be state finals contenders prolly but they'll compete. Expect them to win 20-25 games next year with Jefferson returning. Emerson's coach is a Sparkman graduat. He drives 1.5 hours one way everyday to coach these boys. He's really dedicated his life to this team since he became the coach 5 years ago. A really good young coach. Hes good enough to coach much bigger schools but I think they've really enjoyed Emerson and don't want to leave

redwolf99

really? I know exactly where Sparkman is, I have a deer lease in Manning, just up the road from there. That is insane, that had to make the loss 2 years in a row even harder on the Coach (bless him).  There are plenty of schools around Sparkman (30-40 mile radius) so maybe one of those will open up for him.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas