• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regional Predictions

Started by J.D., February 25, 2015, 10:36:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

J.D.

What games are you looking forward too?

Who should be on upset alert for round one?

What are your bold predictions?

bulldog42

Looking forward to the Japser/County Line matchup in boys.  A real good team won't be going to state.

PuddlePirate12

And the Bradford/Wonderview boys game should be a good one. I take Bradford which is an upset in my mind because Wonderview was a state finalist last year and didn't lose much

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 25, 2015, 10:49:11 am
And the Bradford/Wonderview boys game should be a good one. I take Bradford which is an upset in my mind because Wonderview was a state finalist last year and didn't lose much

What about Alpena/Kingston, should be pretty even match-up, and Caddo Hills/Nevada and Bradley/Acorn (if and when they get to play).

My upset special:  Concord over MTVE....

PuddlePirate12

I think Nevada and Bradley will beat Acorn and Caddo pretty good. Bradley by 15 and Nevada by 20

epotts

In Region 2 (Boys) Mammoth Spring over Hughes and Calico Rock over Bay.
In Region 2 (Girls) Viola over Armorel and Calico over Bay.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: epotts on February 25, 2015, 01:25:23 pm

Calico Rock over bay? Sounds good to me! If you get this one right we should all have to pay you $20!!

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 25, 2015, 01:28:59 pm

Calico Rock over bay? Sounds good to me! If you get this one right we should all have to pay you $20!!

If you think that Calico Rock will beat Bay, then I have some beachfront, no make that snow capped property, in South Arkansas real real cheap.

epotts

sounds like a deal to me. Calico finds a way to make it to the big dance regardless of who they play. Just look at how bad they beat Hillcrest.

yesteryearman

Quote from: epotts on February 25, 2015, 01:59:58 pm

sounds like a deal to me. Calico finds a way to make it to the big dance regardless of who they play. Just look at how bad they beat Hillcrest.

Didn't Calico Rock knock Maynard (Watson) out of Regionals last year?

CRHS4LIFE

Batman44

Calico Rock over Bay? Ain't gonna happen!!

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Batman44 on February 25, 2015, 03:12:04 pm
Calico Rock over Bay? Ain't gonna happen!!

Hey marmaduke did it. Granted that was 3 months ago and marmaduke is 2a.. And Bay creamed them by 30+ a few weeks later.. But hey! Even with his best season MJ lost 10 games. It can happen! Let Bay show up thinking they've got the game won in any game from now on out. They may not get a next game. Same for Emerson or any other team. Show up with the game already won and you'll go home. Simple as that. There's starting to be less and less bad times

Batman44

Now PP12, I've been reading your posts for quite some time, and you are very savvy to the game of basketball. However, while I agree that anything COULD happen, trust me, it ain't gonna happen tonight:) BTW, I'm not from Bay, but did make the trip to Emerson to see the Bay game. I will be surprised if Bay and Emerson don't meet for the finals.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Batman44 on February 25, 2015, 03:29:47 pm
Now PP12, I've been reading your posts for quite some time, and you are very savvy to the game of basketball. However, while I agree that anything COULD happen, trust me, it ain't gonna happen tonight:) BTW, I'm not from Bay, but did make the trip to Emerson to see the Bay game. I will be surprised if Bay and Emerson don't meet for the finals.

You could be in for some suprises. This is play off time. It's about who wants it more. I agree it won't happen tonight. I'll take bay by 25. But Oden could just as well beat Emerson in the first round of regionals (next Thursday, lol) as Emerson beat them. Still not likely. And as someone said. Emerson could have to play, and win, 6 games in 8 days to be a #1 seed in state and make the state finals. That's tough. Especially playing teams like Kirby and Nevada just in regionals. Not to mention possibly Jasper, County Line, or Scranton in the second round of state. Maybe the defending champions Concord in the first round. That's some rough games. Plus you got teams like Wonderview, Bradford, ICC, and whoever else. Who knows where they'll end up. All I know is if Emerson can make it to the finals with that kind of schedule.. Watch out cuz they've got luck on their side lol

Basketball4life10

Calico over bay? I don't think so

Basketball4life10

Quote from: epotts on February 25, 2015, 01:59:58 pm

that was one good game for calico and one bad game for hillcrest. What was calico in conference? 1-9?

PuddlePirate12

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 25, 2015, 04:57:17 pm
Everyone is 0-0 now

It's what I say everyear....late 80's early 90's...0-27 Witt SPrings got "hot" and made the state tournament....

eamo8911

Who predicted ICC would beeat Bay in the first round last year???

Basketball4life10

Well as expected, Bay beats Calico Rock

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Basketball4life10 on February 25, 2015, 10:08:26 pm

As expected sacred hearts beat Shirley

ballhard1234

Predictions on (2) County Line and (3) Jasper boys game?

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: ballhard1234 on February 25, 2015, 10:47:38 pm

I take County Line. Score? Idk 121-120 6 OT

FreeMoney

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 25, 2015, 10:41:42 pm

That's funny!! Really it is funny

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: FreeMoney on February 25, 2015, 11:22:31 pm

Is that a fake "really it is funny?" I can never tell with those kinds of things. Anyways.. Everyone laughs at what I say and agrees with it but I don't get +1's.. Well I got 7.. And 43 slaps?! For what? Being honest?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 25, 2015, 11:29:01 pm

Is that a fake "really it is funny?" I can never tell with those kinds of things. Anyways.. Everyone laughs at what I say and agrees with it but I don't get +1's.. Well I got 7.. And 43 slaps?! For what? Being honest?

I gave you a +1 for the Sacred Heart post, so you only had 6 before that post :D

FreeMoney

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 25, 2015, 11:29:01 pm
[/quote

Yes it is funny as I took as another well deserved poke at Bay and nothing else. I enjoy your posts Puddle Pirate.

PuddlePirate12

Moonshiner

My prediction Jasper 52 County Line 46

J.D.

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 26, 2015, 11:29:02 am

My prediction Jasper 52 County Line 46

It's a shame that only one of these teams can go to state. 

I'm going with Jasper as well.

By .5

WPWells

yesteryearman

What about Bradford vs Wonderview?  Which Wonderview will show up.......

WPWells

jk

Gotta go with County Line since I got them in final 4 at state.CL by 7
Wonderview by 11

ballhard1234

County line 41. Jasper 29 final

yesteryearman

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 25, 2015, 11:59:41 am

What about Alpena/Kingston, should be pretty even match-up, and Caddo Hills/Nevada and Bradley/Acorn (if and when they get to play).

I won't say I told you so, but I told you so......and the bracket is working out nicely for Wonderview, for everyone who was ready to write them off.....I'll be surprised if they don't make it to state semi's

yesteryearman

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 26, 2015, 09:51:44 pm

I won't say I told you so, but I told you so......and the bracket is working out nicely for Wonderview, for everyone who was ready to write them off.....I'll be surprised if they don't make it to state semi's

Somebody from Region 4 just might get a rematch with Concord.....

D6Bound

Couple of upsets...Moment of silence for the teams whose seasons ended yesterday and tonight.  :'(

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 26, 2015, 09:53:51 pm
Quote from: yesteryearman on February 26, 2015, 09:51:44 pm

Somebody from Region 4 just might get a rematch with Concord.....

Sounds good to me!!

yesteryearman

My picks for todays games

Region 1
Jasper girls by 5
Kingston girls by 15
County Line boys by 10
Scranton boys by 15

Region 2
ICC girls by 12
Norfork girls by 8
ICC boys by 5
Bay boys by 30

Region 3
Wonderview girls by 12
Nemo girls by 20
Wonderview boys by 7
Concord boys by 1

Region 4
Acorn girls by 20
Caddo Hills girls by 5
Nevada boys by 10
Bradley boys by 5

D6Bound

Depends if Watson is hot. If he is they should handle Armorel pretty easily. But if he's not then they could be in trouble

ballhard1234

County line 47. Western grove 19. Final

sideliner

Sparkman girls just beat Acorn! 65-62
Wow!

yesteryearman

Let the debate begin.  I drove down today and watched Emerson/Nevada and Kirby/Acorn.  I think the finals will be good games.  I know that Emerson and Kirby have split.  I give a slight edge to Kirby though, they move the ball well, have good shooters and penetrate well.  I may be wrong but I think they will expose some holes in Emerson defense, and get to basket and get Emerson in foul trouble.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 28, 2015, 06:41:05 pm
Let the debate begin.  I drove down today and watched Emerson/Nevada and Kirby/Acorn.  I think the finals will be good games.  I know that Emerson and Kirby have split.  I give a slight edge to Kirby though, they move the ball well, have good shooters and penetrate well.  I may be wrong but I think they will expose some holes in Emerson defense, and get to basket and get Emerson in foul trouble.

You're right

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 28, 2015, 06:51:57 pm

You're right

I'm right about being wrong..lol....I think that was a zing, but a good one...touche' you got me, I think.  Still I'll take Kirby by 3.......

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 28, 2015, 08:20:22 pm

You're right

I'm right about being wrong..lol....I think that was a zing, but a good one...touche' you got me, I think.  Still I'll take Kirby by 3.......

No you're right Kirby is going to drive and penetrate and try to get Emerson in foul trouble. And they can shoot it too.  And I'm sure Kirby will find some holes in the defense. We haven't held anyone to 0 all year. I don't think Kirby will be able to do what they did to Acorn to Emerson though. Acorn is basically one dimensional. The Jackson boy is a beast. #3 hit some shots tonight too but you could tell Kirby was trying to keep the ball out of 32s hands. They'll do the same with Revels tomorrow but I doubt they will hold him to 6 points. I think that's what Jackson finished with.. I know he had 4 at the half. But anyway.. Emerson has other options besides Revels. I'm not sure who the refs will be for that game but it could strongly influence the outcome. If the refs are letting them play it favors Emerson. If they're calling it close it favors Kirby. Either way it will be a good game.. Still #2 and #3 in the state I assume? I'm willing to bet both of these teams will make atleast state quarter finals, if not semi finals, and both could make the finals. They're both good teams. May be one of the better regionals finals this year. I take Emerson by 5. They're playing better than they have all year

PuddlePirate12

You're right

I apologize yesteryearman. I honestly didn't mean for that first post to have a smart tone. I was being serious. Kirby could beat us. I felt bad about it since you took it the wrong way. I know your just an unbiased on looker and you probably don't care who wins it. I didn't mean my post the way you took it. If I was being sarcastic I would have put lol or something! I hope you understand..

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 01, 2015, 12:06:51 am

You're right

I apologize yesteryearman. I honestly didn't mean for that first post to have a smart tone. I was being serious. Kirby could beat us. I felt bad about it since you took it the wrong way. I know your just an unbiased on looker and you probably don't care who wins it. I didn't mean my post the way you took it. If I was being sarcastic I would have put lol or something! I hope you understand..

No apology needed, we're on the same page...I hate it that I may not be able to be there, should be a great game.  Both teams should be able to make a long run in the tournament.  I think that any team there will be beatable, with exception of Bay.  With all other things being equal and barring an injury, I think it is Bay's tournament to win, or lose, based on how it is looked at.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas