• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Sylvan Hills @ Greenwood

Started by Topdog1, November 17, 2018, 02:40:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Topdog1

November 17, 2018, 02:40:52 am Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:01:52 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Sylvan Hills @ Greenwood

Greenwood shuts out Searcy who had not been shut out this year.   The Searcy that beat SH three weeks ago.   Likely another shutout here unless starters sit the second half.

Pr8hd

Well, no idea what sort of magic SH has had the last couple of weeks, but no doubt they are doing something right. Thought GW survived the dreaded bye week "hangover" game, started sluggish offensively, and businesslike in the end. GW is just too much creatures of habit week in/week out and that bye week has been bad ever since 2014 against ED. You know SH has got to be pumped- first year in 6A, and a semi final appearance. Kudos to them for their effort to this point.

As far as this game, not sure what to expect from SH, obviously you have to think they are huge underdogs, but think they have been since the start of playoffs. I fully expect GW to not overlook them and be laser focused on the task at hand. I am sure some will say mercy rule, shutout, etc. Doesn't matter by how many, just do their jobs and they can play for yet another title. The main thing is as well to stay healthy. We are starting to get a little banged up and that is something in years past we have avoided this time of year.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving practice and making plans for my family to make the annual trip to the Rock Dec 1st at noon to play for another championship.

dip2172

I haven't seen the Bears play this year, but my understanding is that they have a young but athletic team.  They've got a decent defense, but the offense was really bad the first half of the year.  It appears that they have improved some as the season has gone along, which makes sense.  That said, I wouldn't expect them to be able to beat Greenwood.  But I think they will put up a better fight than the last time they played Greenwood in the playoffs. 

I'm up in Bentonville now, but im thinking of making the trip down to Greenwood on Friday.  Go Bears!

The Future

Well the last time these two met was 2009 in the first round. 48-13 was the final.
I can't really see it being much closer than that.
I'll say something like 35-7 or 42-14.

Baitshop

The headline next Saturday morning will read :

"Bulldogs Brutally Bomb Bears Back to Bumfrick Egypt"

Sports Guru

Greenwood just has to many weapons for the Bears.

Bulldogs 49 Bears 20

westmem

I hope the bears 🐻 upset y'all no disrespect

Baitshop

If I were from West Memphis, I would want someone else to knock off Greenwood too...

PA Dad

Love em or hate em GW is the cream of the crop in 6A.  They would compete well in 7A.  I know Northside beat them but I doubt they could do it again.  NLR and Bryant would probably beat them but GW would probably beat any other 7A team right now.

GW will win the 6A championship.

westmem

I'm praying 🙏🏿 y'all don't out of respect

RyanLR

Such a pleasant surprise to see Sylvan Hills in the semis. Good season for them. I think Greenwood cruises to the State Championship.

Pr8hd

GW will take care of business against the Bears. The only choice for SH will be the red pill come Friday.

"Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."

zebradynasty

GW will take this one pretty easily. Good run this season for the Bears but reality is about to set in.

High Voltage

Gonna be a tough trip for Benton. Gonna be tough to beat WM at home. Billy Elmore has always had a knack for winning come playoff time and I think he really wants to avenge that loss to Greenwod in the playoffs last year. So WM will be ready. As for SH and GW, congrats to SH for pulling off the upsets in both weeks and that makes them dangerous. I look for this game to be closer than most expect. Sylvan Hills didn't get here because they are a bad team.

amehr36

dhen

Topdog1

catfish1

Greenwood in a close one 51. O The Bears run comes to a Halt

Baitshop

Ehhh....(Baitshop shrugs his shoulders) yeah, I'll take the Bears +51...

How much are you willing to throw at that bowl of bravado..??

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: Baitshop on November 21, 2018, 12:39:22 am
Ehhh....(Baitshop shrugs his shoulders) yeah, I'll take the Bears +51...

How much are you willing to throw at that bowl of bravado..??

Safe bet because we all know Coach Jones will not run the score up much over 35. Get MR in and run the clock. That's not to say there hasn't  been games when he could have turned the dogs Loose and they could have won by over 50, but that is not his style. Also Bait just wanted to tell you I was very impressed with your Mavs last week. I was in the deer woods but was keeping up with the Mavs game and it sounded like you gave NLR all they wanted and more. I was really pulling for you all. Like always SS always makes noise come playoff time.

Lumberjackfan1978

The Future

Gamedays finally here.

I can't help but find a small part of myself cheering for Sylvan Hills. Congrats to the whole school and program. The semis are a huge accomplishment. But making it as a 3-7 6th seeds upsetting 2 teams on the road shows so much resilience and heart. They believe they could win those games and they did. By the tiny astronomical chance y'all beat Greenwood, y'all definitely will be who I'm cheering for next week.

But as good as y'all played the last two weeks. And however good the opponent was. The bar has just been raised. Russellville and Marion are good warm up games. Now be ready for the big dog.
Hootens I believe picked us by 21 I believe. Or 20. I think that's about right but it won't be high scoring like 40 or 50 to 20 or 30. I'm thinking it'll be like 35-7 or 42-14.
Whatever their record, they are in the semis for a reason. And that's not to be overlooked. Congrats on the season no one expected and hopefully y'all can build on it for next year.
But Greenwood and Benton have a rematch date next week.

RD™

High Voltage

The difference in Greenwood the last two years has been the defense. The offense is still Rick Jones offense and will put up points. The defense is among the best in the state as well now. Instead of being a defense that tries to strip the ball, the defense now will literaly bring the wood.

Pr8hd

Kudos to SH on a hard fought game, def played hard and made GW earn it. Great run for them in the playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas