• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Mount Ida @ Conway Christian

Started by IdaLions, November 17, 2018, 12:46:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IdaLions

November 17, 2018, 12:46:12 am Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:32:15 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Mount Ida comes into this game as obvious underdogs. They beat a decent Hector team, while Conway Christian barely scraped by Fordyce. This is the 3rd straight year Ida and CC have faced off in the playoffs, and the second year straight it's been in the 3rd round. With two totally different play styles, it comes down to if Mount Ida can defend the pass, and can Conway Christian defend the veer. Game could go either way, and with the game at Conway(and me being a obvious homer) I believe it goes like this.

Michael White finds a way to pull this off

Mount Ida- 28
Conway Christian-27

Bearden_Bear72

I don't see them as "obvious" underdogs at all. 

Redzone

Th Lions will find a way to win. Lions by 2

IdaLions

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on November 17, 2018, 01:17:51 am
I don't see them as "obvious" underdogs at all.

i'm not saying they're bad, i'm saying that our pass coverage is very very bad😂 and a decent 1 seed should beat a 3 seed any day, hence the obvious.

OLionSwag74

Our pass coverage isn't all that bad when you consider that we had 3 picks last night..

IdaLions

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on November 17, 2018, 08:35:38 am
Our pass coverage isn't all that bad when you consider that we had 3 picks last night..

You can credit those to your defensive lineman, they played amazing last night and made that QB run 50 yards across field on almost every pass play

M.I. D

Our pass coverage was better last night than the previous week. We had more passes thrown on our defense the last two games than the rest of the year combined! It's hard to practice against it when you rarely see it. CC can throw the ball. Their QB is the best passer in AA and they have some good receivers that are big. It will be a challenge but one we have seen before. We can win if focused and ready. We must limit mistakes and penalties!

thevoice

I know it will be a good game.  Two teams loaded with tradition and quite a bit of history together.  This history has led to a great deal of respect.  Going to be a great night this Friday. 

OLionSwag74

Wood is a beast tho, it will be even harder to contain him.

mrk1027

Trying to get some stats to share from last night, I believe CCS running back Wyatt Lawrence had a career night in rushing yards. Just gonna be another threat for Mt Ida to scheme for with how well the Eagle OL unit is doing currently. Fordyce managed to slow down the CCS passing but only because they had the athletes on defense to do it. Don't take this as an insult but I don't know yet it Mt Ida has the same capability to do that.

This is shaping up to be yet another crazy rematch for these two programs. CCS has only managed one win against Mt Ida in this series, that coming in their first ever match up when Mt Ida was a member of the 5-2A for two seasons. BUT, that win for CCS was at home, which could be the difference maker in this great quarterfinal match.

I'll take CCS at home with the win. Talons Up!

cuz

I think Conway will take this one. Ida don't have anything on Fordyce in the run game so I think they handle Ida "O" but don't think Ida can handle Conways passing game...

72aDaddy

Quote from: cuz on November 17, 2018, 11:10:50 am
I think Conway will take this one. Ida don't have anything on Fordyce in the run game so I think they handle Ida "O" but don't think Ida can handle Conways passing game...
Mount Ida will get more than enough yards on the ground to win this game. The key of the game will be if MI can limit CCs offense.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: mrk1027 on November 17, 2018, 10:47:53 am
Trying to get some stats to share from last night, I believe CCS running back Wyatt Lawrence had a career night in rushing yards. Just gonna be another threat for Mt Ida to scheme for with how well the Eagle OL unit is doing currently. Fordyce managed to slow down the CCS passing but only because they had the athletes on defense to do it. Don't take this as an insult but I don't know yet it Mt Ida has the same capability to do that.

This is shaping up to be yet another crazy rematch for these two programs. CCS has only managed one win against Mt Ida in this series, that coming in their first ever match up when Mt Ida was a member of the 5-2A for two seasons. BUT, that win for CCS was at home, which could be the difference maker in this great quarterfinal match.

I'll take CCS at home with the win. Talons Up!

Fordyce DB's were very athletic but still had to hold the receivers.  CCS defense also showed they are improved from previous years.  Should be a good one again this year.  I think the Eagles win this one as well.

sickwillie

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 17, 2018, 11:22:12 am
Mount Ida will get more than enough yards on the ground to win this game. The key of the game will be if MI can limit CCs offense.

I think MI controls the clock and wins the game.

Dapper Dan

Quote from: cuz on November 17, 2018, 11:10:50 am

Mt. Ida is not as good as fordyce in the run game?

Bearden_Bear72

Fordyce was in man on man all night.  Eagles should have tore them up with slants among other passes as  much open field there was for receivers

BO_KNOWS

This game ends just like that last 2 years I believe in Ida.. Ida run game controls the clock all game and CC can't get into a rhythm on offense ... Ida 27 CC 21

N2DEEP

CC was good last year, but I think better and smarter this year.

Wood is the best natural QB in 2A. He is the difference in the end. If Mt Ida plays cover 0 like Fordyce did he will eat them alive.

Hate it for Mt Ida's seniors but they go out with a loss.

CC wins by 7

IdaLions

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 17, 2018, 09:00:09 pm
CC was good last year, but I think better and smarter this year.

Wood is the best natural QB in 2A. He is the difference in the end. If Mt Ida plays cover 0 like Fordyce did he will eat them alive.

Hate it for Mt Ida's seniors but they go out with a loss.

CC wins by 7

I can tell you right now Ida is not going to run man-to-man. Cover 4 is the key. It's what we've done for 2 years straight to beat them.

OLionSwag74

Bearden_Bear72

Glad it's at CC so we will have a live stream to watch this one.  The commenters for CC crack me up 😂

Flobbito

Cheek

Have seen both teams play this year, and I think CC will pull it out. 

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: Cheek on November 19, 2018, 11:18:30 am
Have seen both teams play this year, and I think CC will pull it out.
Where tho? That's the question! ;)  ;D

Wildcatalumni21

Hosea18

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 19, 2018, 01:29:53 pm
CC pass game will be too much. Eagles by 14

My thoughts also, if you can't defend the pass effectively then CC takes it by at least 2 scores.

stuck in between

See the 7-2A prediction round three thread for my pick on this game.

Dapper Dan

As a Hampton fan I'm pulling for Ida would leave to get another game with y'all at our place.

Partsman

Quote from: Dapper Dan on November 20, 2018, 11:00:49 am
As a Hampton fan I'm pulling for Ida would leave to get another game with y'all at our place.
you seem sure y'all are gonna win.

dawgpound

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: Dapper Dan on November 20, 2018, 11:00:49 am
Will Monta be there?

Partsman

Quote from: dawgpound on November 20, 2018, 11:14:32 am
What's wrong with that
I'm just messing with y'all. I don't have a dog in either fight. Pulling for Ida in this one though.

dawgpound

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: dawgpound on November 20, 2018, 02:41:42 pm
this team is better than the 16 team was
So..... will he be there? Any move ins since 2016? Is Coach UnAble still there?

Dapper Dan

Ables is still here and there are actually players from the 16 team that aren't even with us anymore.

jsw6f0

As long as ables is still calling a pass play on the game winning 2 point conversion attempt instead of here Monta do what you do. Ida will be ok if we both make it.

dawgpound

Man y'all are dumb it's a freaking option play run or pass y'all done a good job of containing him that play one of the only times the whole game

Dapper Dan

Not to mention we had 7 touchdowns called back and should have never been in that position But hopefully we will see y'all next week like dawgpound and gang have been telling y'all. This team is better. And a fairly new staff

Old Scrapper

Good lawd, Mt Ida whipped y'all so please stop the pathetic excuses

dawgpound

No excuses some folks don't understand the option type offense

ThreadWatcher

I'm not disputing that this year's Hampton team is better than the '16 "team". In fact, there wasn't much team back then, it was just Monta,Monta,Monta! The kid was a heckava athlete. I hope you get that rematch that you're wanting. So do you think Monta will be at that game if it happens? And how many move ins does Hampton have on their roster since '16?

dawgpound

No move ins we have actually lost 4 of the starters off that team that would be sr this year and none of them are still playing. two quit and moved ones mom got a job in another town his team is no longer in the playoffs and ones dad thought it would be best to move him to Texas to a private school for more publicity and they are out of the playoffs now to i hate it for them bc they are missing out

ThreadWatcher

Congrats on Hampton's successful season and good luck with the rest of the season. Gonna be tough this week.

dawgpound

little timmy

mount ida finds a way to advance in this one, lions are a solid bunch

old rattler

I watched the CC Fordyce game.  If Mount Ida plays man as Fordyce did, they need to keep a safety free in the middle of the field. The CC QB is too good to play straight man. Mount Ida also needs to keep a LB spying on the QB instead of rushing everyone like Fordyce did.  The CC QB can run and with no spy he will make some big plays with his legs.  I have no dog in the fight although I volunteered as OC with some (very little) pay at CC several years ago, I just want to see another great game like the CC vs Fordyce game.  Good luck to both teams.

IdaLions

Quote from: old rattler on November 21, 2018, 07:52:54 pm
I watched the CC Fordyce game.  If Mount Ida plays man as Fordyce did, they need to keep a safety free in the middle of the field. The CC QB is too good to play straight man. Mount Ida also needs to keep a LB spying on the QB instead of rushing everyone like Fordyce did.  The CC QB can run and with no spy he will make some big plays with his legs.  I have no dog in the fight although I volunteered as OC with some (very little) pay at CC several years ago, I just want to see another great game like the CC vs Fordyce game.  Good luck to both teams.

As i've previously stated, Mount Ida ain't running a man to man coverage and they never will 😂

brotherdew

Is the football field located on the school's campus?

old rattler

Yes the football field is located on the campus.  Visitors seating is limited but there is plenty room for lawn chairs.

brotherdew

Quote from: old rattler on November 22, 2018, 06:49:43 am
Yes the football field is located on the campus.  Visitors seating is limited but there is plenty room for lawn chairs.

Thank You

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas