• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA v Bryant....

Started by Yellowcake, August 22, 2017, 09:54:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellowcake

PA won 42-30. Late td's by both clubs with underclassmen playing.
We were better than I expected defensively, especially at linebacker and D line. Much better.
The offense didn't really click all night. But that will come. The absence of an explosive running back is sorely missed. It will be interesting to see how that develops.
It's early, but I see us being the team to beat again. I remain in awe at what this staff does with these kids year after year.

PA Dad

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 22, 2017, 09:54:12 pm
PA won 42-30. Late td's by both clubs with underclassmen playing.
We were better than I expected defensively, especially at linebacker and D line. Much better.
The offense didn't really click all night. But that will come. The absence of an explosive running back is sorely missed. It will be interesting to see how that develops.
It's early, but I see us being the team to beat again. I remain in awe at what this staff does with these kids year after year.

See my post in the "can PA win four in a row" thread.  I think we agree.

Yellowcake

We saw the same thing indeed.......
It will be fun watching them develop.
Here we go

Maynard G Krebs

August 23, 2017, 08:10:57 am #3 Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:13:53 am by Maynard G Krebs
I was impressed with both O and D lines last night.  Especially the pressure on the quarterback from the D line.  There was a couple of breakdowns in O line, but the QB had several occasions where he had at least 8 seconds to get the pass off.

Rocket23

You cannot beat this PA team ever if you do not pressure the QB.  Bryant only rushed three and was dropping eight.  Hatcher will pick you apart if you cannot get pressure on him.  He drops back and is always looking downfield.  If he doesn't see someone initially and the defense can't put pressure, they just go into scramble mode and the receivers go to open spot.  Like Kelly or not, PA is a very well-coached football team.

RamAlum10

Saw some highlights from last night.  Hatcher looks good as always.  Love Coach K's system, and how it just pisses opposing teams off lol.. Doesn't really matter how hard you try.. you can't stop it.  Brett Lynch is a beast at WR.  I think he will have a big year.  Smart kid too.  I don't see any teams in 5A even challenging PA.. unless it comes a monsoon and the other team is a run heavy team.. even if that happened, I wouldn't put it past Coach K to come up with a running offense in the blink of an eye!

Lumberjackfan1978

Coach K is definitely a great coach

Yellowcake

Quote from: RamAlum10 on August 23, 2017, 01:14:01 pm
Saw some highlights from last night.  Hatcher looks good as always.  Love Coach K's system, and how it just pisses opposing teams off lol.. Doesn't really matter how hard you try.. you can't stop it.  Brett Lynch is a beast at WR.  I think he will have a big year.  Smart kid too.  I don't see any teams in 5A even challenging PA.. unless it comes a monsoon and the other team is a run heavy team.. even if that happened, I wouldn't put it past Coach K to come up with a running offense in the blink of an eye!

Agree on Lynch. He will score many td's this year. Dude finds a way to get open.

Maynard G Krebs

Although it doesn't really mean anything definitive, the new AP preseason Top 10 has Bryant at #2 and PA at #7.

Overdahill

^^ It's all good as long as I can ride to games in Maynard's Limo  8)

Yellowcake

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 24, 2017, 12:09:44 pm
Although it doesn't really mean anything definitive, the new AP preseason Top 10 has Bryant at #2 and PA at #7.

Boy, I can't imagine there aren't at least 3 or 4 NWA teams that can't beat Bryant soundly.

PrivateLesson

You guys are already trash talking?   This early?    :)

Hogman2018

Tell Coach K to take one of the public schools  in Little Rock and see if he can win with them!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas