• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-4 Boys - Standings

Started by rheddhoss, October 18, 2013, 10:55:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rheddhoss

October 18, 2013, 10:55:22 am Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:50:10 pm by Cajun Hog
What is the scoop on the 4A-4 boys this year after Pottsville won state last year?  Who are the top contenders and what players are going to dominate?

DogsWin7

The word I get Waldron lost a few players last year to graduation but should come together with a lot of hard work.     Interested too see what all the 4A brings this year. 

WPWells

I think that the conference champion will be either Pottsville or Subi. Subi is my pick to win state

hasbeen03

I heard Maumelle lost a transfer, but they still have the Donnerson (sp?) kid who is a freak athlete. They will probably battle Pottsville for the conference (I'm sure others will compete too, but I don't know any of them). LOTS of bigs gone from last year's Apaches team, but they still have Michael Perry and he is MUCH better than he was last year (at least he was this summer when I watched him). Ready to watch.

OldTimeCager

Send Maumelle up to 5 A where they belong.  Can't believe the AAA placed them in 4A

hasbeen03

Quote from: OldTimeCager on November 12, 2013, 02:21:34 pm
Send Maumelle up to 5 A where they belong.  Can't believe the AAA placed them in 4A

Does Maumelle jump up to 5A or 6A next rotation? I had heard rumblings that they may make the jump all the way up to 6A.

DogsWin7

How many return starters does Subi have this year?   Anyone know?

I heard they are pretty good.

Basketball13

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 13, 2013, 01:46:44 pm
How many return starters does Subi have this year?   Anyone know?

I heard they are pretty good.

Return all but one. Opened season today and beat Southside 60-57. Was not there as I am out of state, but was told they played sloppy.

georgef22

I was told Waldron Boys also beat Southside

valleytiger

Pottsvilles the team to beat.......anytime the MVP of the State tourney is back with the leading scorer from last year then you should have a shot again if you can replace the other 3 starters.

OLDSCHOOL82

Will be a battle between pottyville and subi.  Perry is a beast on the court.  Dont count maumelle out either.  Maumelle moves to 5A after this year.  I know it doesnt seem right but when a school consolidates or in their case, replaces the Oak Grove school due to the location and size of the growth in maumelle, they dont have a good idea on enrollment.  They used the oak grove numbers for a cycle and now they get an actual count.  They could be 6A in no time. 

Basketball13

November 25, 2013, 10:22:07 am #11 Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:29:00 am by Basketball13
Very true.. I was gone to referee this weekend and forgot to post the Subiaco score. The Trojans fell to the Van Buren Pointers 55-46 @ Van Buren. If the Trojans keep missing free throws this may be a long year for them. They did all they could to the big 6'10 kid or however tall he is but he is going to get his points.The article from Van Buren paper said he had 19 points and 21 boards but there's no way he had that many rebounds. At least, it didn't seem like it. Majority of them were off of free throws and that was the biggest difference maker in this game. The Trojans will be a good team and I see it being a good battle come district tournament time.

WPWells

Honestly between Pottsville, Subi, and Maumelle I see the state champion coming out of this district

Basketball13

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 25, 2013, 10:28:22 am
Honestly between Pottsville, Subi, and Maumelle I see the state champion coming out of this district

We do have to represent again. Last year was crazy. Subiaco beat Pottsville in the district tourney by a game winning three. In the regional tourney the Trojans played terrible and Pottsville started playing the games of their lives where they ended up winning a state tournament. That also comes into great coaching.

Jacketman65

Seems that Subi has a way of losing in the big time so to speak.  Only a few years back they had the eventual State champ on the ropes in the final seconds only to lose it on some bad coaching down the stretch.  It is too early to start predicting this years champion, just play the games.

Basketball13

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 10, 2013, 12:25:11 am
Seems that Subi has a way of losing in the big time so to speak.  Only a few years back they had the eventual State champ on the ropes in the final seconds only to lose it on some bad coaching down the stretch.  It is too early to start predicting this years champion, just play the games.

Depends which year you're talking about. The year where they played Stuttgart I wasn't watching but the following year when they played Marianna - Lee County, they were cheated. It was blatant and that would be a fact. This has nothing to do with that game, but the referee that made the bad calls eventually went to jail I believe. Anyways, the past is the past so they have to worry about this year.

WPWells

Jacketman just trolls other teams because Clinton is never good in anything and he lives vicariously through other teams' failures

Jacketman65

Quote from: Basketball13 on December 10, 2013, 10:39:05 am
Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 10, 2013, 12:25:11 am

Depends which year you're talking about. The year where they played Stuttgart I wasn't watching but the following year when they played Marianna - Lee County, they were cheated. It was blatant and that would be a fact. This has nothing to do with that game, but the referee that made the bad calls eventually went to jail I believe. Anyways, the past is the past so they have to worry about this year.
Did not see the Marianna game but happened to be in PB when they did play Stuttgart and witnessed the coaching down the stretch and quite frankly it cost them the game.  Not wishing any bad luck on them at all just stating some facts of the past. You feel that they got cheated against Marianna, your opinion and I won't challenge that because I was not there.  Good Luck

Jacketman65

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 10, 2013, 11:03:04 am
Jacketman just trolls other teams because Clinton is never good in anything and he lives vicariously through other teams' failures
Speaking of trolling, aren't you one of those 3A boys - may want to ease over to your own park.

WPWells

It isn't trolling if I'm talking about the game and using my logical opinion. Plus my best friend plays for Subi

redfire75

Just wanted to post an update from last night. Maumelle beat Pottsville by 3 last night. Conference play has finally started.  :)

Jacketman65

Isn't Maumelle suppose to be pretty good this year as well?

Basketball13

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 11, 2013, 08:02:05 am
Isn't Maumelle suppose to be pretty good this year as well?

Yeah.. but if you want to talk about terrible coaching.. well.. It speaks for itself.

redfire75

I would have to respectfully disagree with Jacketman65. The Maumelle coach is actually a very good coach. Both teams played well last night, and to say that Pottsville can shoot the 3, is a HUGE understatement.  my opinion is that Maumelle is number 1 in the conference with Pottsville right on their heels. I personally don't think that there are any other teams in the conference close to these to, but that's just my opinion and time will tell.

redfire75

I stand corrected form an earlier post. I'm sorry Jacketman, it wasn't you that I disagreed with. It was basketball 13. He had used your quote in his statement and I got confused. that happens when I don't take my meds. ;D

Jacketman65

WPWells

For the record, I believe that Subi now has the best coaching staff in 4A if not the state. They obviously have Tencleve who's a great head coach and has won a bunch of games at Subi, but now they also have Randy Terry as an assistant (former Charleston coach who won a ton of games in his career there)

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: hasbeen03 on November 13, 2013, 12:03:04 pm
Quote from: OldTimeCager on November 12, 2013, 02:21:34 pm

Does Maumelle jump up to 5A or 6A next rotation? I had heard rumblings that they may make the jump all the way up to 6A.
Maumelle will be a 5A school in the next cycle. It's a three-year average, and the numbers are still low on the front end.

redfire75

A conference update, maumelle defeated mena on the road by 15 last night to go 2-0 in conference play. Next conference game for maumelle is Friday the 20th against Waldron.  If others could post conference play updates for the teams that you follow, it'd be helpful in putting together the puzzle of who would be the top contenders to represent our conference against the rest of the 4a state this year.

WPWells

Subi's only conference game so far (well, scheduled conference game) was against Mena and it was cancelled due to weather

basketballfan3

Subi definitely has a great coaching staff. Coach Thurman at Pottsville is also a great coach, that was evident last year in their run. As for the rest of the conference I think there are a few who aren't that impressive and a few young ones who do a good job, but still have room to develop. Don't know who the new coach is at Booneville, but I know they lost a good one.

WPWells

I guess my whole point was that Subi might have a slight advantage because they have two stellar head coaches on their staff instead of just a good coach and a good assistant

redfire75

Here's what I have so far as far as conference standings. Please feel free to provide updates to this as your particular team plays each week. Unfortunately I think that the bad Weather that we had last week may have delayed some conference games. Note, I am only including the records that I have the information for concerning conference games. I am not including non-conference game records.
                                Wins    /   Losses
Maumelle                     2      /      0
Dardanelle                   1      /       0
Subiaco Academy         0      /       0
Dover                          0      /       0
Booneville                    0      /       0
Pottsville                      0      /       1
Waldron                       0      /       1
Mena                           0      /       1

WPWells

Pottsville and Subi play tonight. Even though I'm stuck up here in Fayetteville having to take finals I'll be streaming the game on my laptop and can provide updates

Basketball13

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 16, 2013, 09:45:19 am
Pottsville and Subi play tonight. Even though I'm stuck up here in Fayetteville having to take finals I'll be streaming the game on my laptop and can provide updates

Will be there live after I referee. Hoping for a great game! Good luck to the Apaches. Also.. Clarksville beat Subiaco by 11 in the Cyclone Classic the other night.

WPWells

After the first quarter Pottsville 18 Subi 17

WPWells

At the half Pottsville 33 Subi 31

neds

U should be studying . . .

WPWells

I'm multitasking. Studying for finals while watching the game. I took one today and don't have another one until Wednesday night so I can afford to take it easy tonight

WPWells

After 3 Subi is up 49-43

redfire75

I'm watching the live feed. pretty good game

WPWells

redfire75

Here's the conference standings as I have them now. Again I am only including conference games and not the non conference schedule. Please feel free to update

Wins    /   Losses
Maumelle                     2      /      0
Dardanelle                   1      /       0
Subiaco Academy         1      /       0
Dover                          0      /       0
Booneville                    0      /       0
Waldron                       0      /       1
Mena                           0      /       1
Pottsville                      0      /       2

HorseFeathers

Redfire75...If I stuck a conference standings page for the 4A-4 to the top of the page....would you update the boys and girls standings?

redfire75

yes to the best of my ability.

Tight End

I like the Former Coach from Booneville, can't think of his name at the moment, their Coach now is Denton, he had been at Hartford for several years.

redfire75

Maumelle defeated Waldron by double digits tonight. Waldron has 1 really good post player(#23 I believe). Unfortunately I believe that Waldron's weak non conference schedule that allowed them to start 5-1 is catching up to them in conference play as they are now 0-2. Maumelle moves to 3-0 in conference play.

HorseFeathers

SOmebody want to volunteer to keep up with standings in this conference? Preferably with the girls and boys?

1-Adam-12

Quote from: Tight End on December 19, 2013, 11:13:10 am
I like the Former Coach from Booneville, can't think of his name at the moment, their Coach now is Denton, he had been at Hartford for several years.

That was coach Goers. He went to Vilonia.

Right now Booneville is 1-2. No conference games played yet.  Won't have one until we play Dardanelle the 10th of next month unless we make up Dover, Waldron or Pottsville before then.

WPWells

Together, basketball13 and I will keep everyone updated on everything Trojans

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas