• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sCORE THREAD: 5A GIRLS STATE FINALS(Sat 4:15) GCT vs Watson Chapel

Started by Brian G, March 06, 2016, 02:16:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

GCT
15 (42.9%)
Watson Chapel
20 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: March 12, 2016, 02:38:11 pm

Brian G

more info to follow

Coachbanks12

Glad to see a team from the South in championship game. 2yrs in a row for the South go Watson Chapel

hogfan7

I wonder if GCT would have even made it if not for the girls for Vilonia being so sick.  Best player on the bench throwing up during time outs, and didn't even really have a chance to play.  With every championship, there has to be a little luck.  GCT sure got theirs.

chifan

Quote from: hogfan7 on March 08, 2016, 12:49:20 pm
I wonder if GCT would have even made it if not for the girls for Vilonia being so sick.  Best player on the bench throwing up during time outs, and didn't even really have a chance to play.  With every championship, there has to be a little luck.  GCT sure got theirs.

True. I guess you could say the same thing for the state softball tournament last year where GCT was in control of the game 3-0 halfway through when the rains came and they had to come back the next day to finish. Vilonia was a different team, and came back to win 4-3. They rode that momentum to a state championship. Expect the unexpected in Hot Springs! lol

MDXPHD

Quote from: hogfan7 on March 08, 2016, 12:49:20 pm

Not true at all. Vilonia girls are good, but the East and WC were the powers this year.

Forrest City H

Watson Chapel physically looks like a college team, and they are skilled - after seeing what they did to a very good Batesville team, I can't imagine anyone beating them. 

sportsguy80

Quote from: Forrest City H on March 10, 2016, 07:49:46 pm
Watson Chapel physically looks like a college team, and they are skilled - after seeing what they did to a very good Batesville team, I can't imagine anyone beating them.
I agree because Batesville kept coming but they didn't fold

hogfan7

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 10, 2016, 01:14:41 pm
Not true at all. Vilonia girls are good, but the East and WC were the powers this year.
When you take 3 of the main 5 out of the game it is going to make a HUGE difference.  Leading scorer was on the bench.  If those girls from Vilonia had been 100%, it would have been a different ballgame. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: hogfan7 on March 11, 2016, 10:45:53 am
When you take 3 of the main 5 out of the game it is going to make a HUGE difference.  Leading scorer was on the bench.  If those girls from Vilonia had been 100%, it would have been a different ballgame.

don't forget that you lost to Batesville earlier this year, who Tech beat. You also lost to GCT by 20 didn't you? Then you would have tried to beat a tough nettleton team. I'm not sure what makes you think Vilonia girls are deserving of the state championship.

hogfan7

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 11, 2016, 01:09:36 pm
don't forget that you lost to Batesville earlier this year, who Tech beat. You also lost to GCT by 20 didn't you? Then you would have tried to beat a tough nettleton team. I'm not sure what makes you think Vilonia girls are deserving of the state championship.
Did I ever say that Vilonia was deserving of a state championship?  Go back and read the conversation and remarks again.  You are making assumptions and putting words where they were not.  I merely wonder IF the girls from Vilonia had been healthy IF it would have made a difference in the outcome of the game.  Before you assume I am from Vilonia, you need to understand that there are people on this site that have opinions and make statements about teams other than the town/city they live in and the school district that is closest.  You must either be 1) a kid or 2) a grown up who creates drama by jumping to conclusions and making remarks that make NO sense whatsoever.  RE-READ THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION.

MDXPHD

Quote from: hogfan7 on March 11, 2016, 01:45:35 pm
Did I ever say that Vilonia was deserving of a state championship?  Go back and read the conversation and remarks again.  You are making assumptions and putting words where they were not.  I merely wonder IF the girls from Vilonia had been healthy IF it would have made a difference in the outcome of the game.  Before you assume I am from Vilonia, you need to understand that there are people on this site that have opinions and make statements about teams other than the town/city they live in and the school district that is closest.  You must either be 1) a kid or 2) a grown up who creates drama by jumping to conclusions and making remarks that make NO sense whatsoever.  RE-READ THE ENTIRE CONVERSATION.

Well, I'll voice my opinion then. About GCT, a team who I have no affiliation with. The outcome would have not been different, and GCT or Nettleton would have knocked Vilonia off anyway. GCT didn't get lucky, as you said. (which falls under category 2 of your choices above, creating drama by making remarks that make no sense whatsoever)

Bballer13

Quote from: hogfan7 on March 11, 2016, 01:45:35 pm

Bballer13

3 out of the 4 semi-final teams was from the EAST, obviously the East dominate this year.  Matter of fact GCT beat Jonesboro @ Jonesboro earlier in the season.. And who won the 6A state title Thursday night. Jonesboro.. So no GCT wasn't lucky!!

Hatchet

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 11, 2016, 04:19:12 pm
Well, I'll voice my opinion then. About GCT, a team who I have no affiliation with. The outcome would have not been different, and GCT or Nettleton would have knocked Vilonia off anyway. GCT didn't get lucky, as you said. (which falls under category 2 of your choices above, creating drama by making remarks that make no sense whatsoever)
lol you just got owned

smallybells

What in the world is going on here? This is pee wee game scores lol

mtindian42

mtindian42

Tech at the line for 3 FTs. And they miss the 1st one. 🙈 Time out

Wonderdog

hogfan7

MDXPHD

Quote from: hogfan7 on March 14, 2016, 09:49:29 am
GCT's luck ran out......dang......

They were so lucky to get there and lose by one point, while having several chances to win. Sometimes, stupidity is incurable.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas