• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A 2nd round games

Started by Razorback Red, November 10, 2017, 10:38:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

On paper we are looking at 2 really evenly matched games next week and 2 that seem a bit lopsided, but throw everything out come playoff time.

Since the bracket was released, I have been looking forward to the Conway at West game.  Wish it was on Fri night, but that's a different discussion.  Good for me that I'll see 2 playoff games next week.  Conway will need to eat clock and find a way to create turnovers.  I think it will be close, but I'll go West by 10.

FHS at Bryant- It was a great game in week 2, so why not play it again in week 12.  Bryant will be rested and have their QB back, but FHS is peaking just as you would expect a CBD team to be in the playoffs.  The tough to beat a good team twice logic comes into play on this one.  I will be pulling for Bryant (don't want to have to play FHS again), but I'm picking FHS with a road win by 7. 

NS at NLR- NS now playing with house money.  On paper, they lose by 17+, but NS always has athletes.  Their D showed up big tonight, can they do it two weeks in a row?  NLR is just too strong IMO, I'll go NLR by 14 at home. 

Cabot at Bentonville- On paper this game shouldn't be close, but Cabot will try to get 3-4 yards every carry and shorten the game.  Just very tough for a 1-dimensional team to win at Bville.  Tigers will be playing without their starting RB for the rest of the year, but have plenty of talent at the position.  They both just have to protect the ball.  I'm going BHS by 21 at home in this one. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 10, 2017, 10:38:02 pm
On paper we are looking at 2 really evenly matched games next week and 2 that seem a bit lopsided, but throw everything out come playoff time.

Since the bracket was released, I have been looking forward to the Conway at West game.  Wish it was on Fri night, but that's a different discussion.  Good for me that I'll see 2 playoff games next week.  Conway will need to eat clock and find a way to create turnovers.  I think it will be close, but I'll go West by 10.

FHS at Bryant- It was a great game in week 2, so why not play it again in week 12.  Bryant will be rested and have their QB back, but FHS is peaking just as you would expect a CBD team to be in the playoffs.  The tough to beat a good team twice logic comes into play on this one.  I will be pulling for Bryant (don't want to have to play FHS again), but I'm picking FHS with a road win by 7. 

NS at NLR- NS now playing with house money.  On paper, they lose by 17+, but NS always has athletes.  Their D showed up big tonight, can they do it two weeks in a row?  NLR is just too strong IMO, I'll go NLR by 14 at home. 

Cabot at Bentonville- On paper this game shouldn't be close, but Cabot will try to get 3-4 yards every carry and shorten the game.  Just very tough for a 1-dimensional team to win at Bville.  Tigers will be playing without their starting RB for the rest of the year, but have plenty of talent at the position.  They both just have to protect the ball.  I'm going BHS by 21 at home in this one.

Solid picks.  The only one I question is Fayetteville/Bryant.  I think Bryant may win.

DerekOxford

I like Fayetteville in a rematch. It should've won the first meeting and the improvement since then is off the charts. If FHS can continue to run the ball effectively, I don't see anyone left beating them, even NLR.

tj1987

Quote from: DerekOxford on November 12, 2017, 02:47:16 pm
I like Fayetteville in a rematch. It should've won the first meeting and the improvement since then is off the charts. If FHS can continue to run the ball effectively, I don't see anyone left beating them, even NLR.

I agree with that assessment.  Fayetteville's D-Line and linebackers are all juniors and 1 senior who are first year starters  and inexperienced in the second game of the year against Bryant.  Since then you'd have to say their front 4 is amongst  the best in the state, with 2 D-1 players and all 4 that should play on Saturday.  Very fast and aggressive from what i see.

Hornet-Hawg

November 12, 2017, 06:32:25 pm #4 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:51:54 pm by Hornet-Hawg
Quote from: DerekOxford on November 12, 2017, 02:47:16 pm

Should've won the first one? Bryant threw a pick six, had a punt blocked, threw an int in the end zone plus had no telling how many yards in penalties...and still took control of the game late.

Wonderdog

What kind of season has the stud WR for Fayetteville had? When I attended the first meeting he had some amazing catches, just dropped the one that matter most in overtime.

tj1987

Quote from: Hornet-Hawg on November 12, 2017, 06:32:25 pm
Should've won the first one? Bryant threw a pick six, had a punt blocked, threw an int in the end zone plus had no telling how many yards in penalties...and still took control of the game late.
Pick sixes, blocked punts, interceptions are all legit "football plays" made by a good opponent.  Sorry those arent excuses why Bryant was outplayed much of the game they are reasons.

tj1987

Quote from: Wonderdog on November 12, 2017, 06:49:12 pm
What kind of season has the stud WR for Fayetteville had? When I attended the first meeting he had some amazing catches, just dropped the one that matter most in overtime.
Thats Mulinga, like 1300 plus yards and nearly 90 receptions.  Cody Gray also has over 1000 yards as well.

sportsguy80

Quote from: tj1987 on November 12, 2017, 07:07:59 pm
Thats Mulinga, like 1300 plus yards and nearly 90 receptions.  Cody Gray also has over 1000 yards as well.
And to add that their junior qb is on pace for close to 3,000 yards including playoffs. Their gelling at the right time. Should be another good one in Bryant Friday night.

tj1987

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 12, 2017, 08:12:41 pm
And to add that their junior qb is on pace for close to 3,000 yards including playoffs. Their gelling at the right time. Should be another good one in Bryant Friday night.
I think he's almost 3200 right now. :)

maxswine

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 12, 2017, 08:12:41 pm
Their gelling at the right time.

That's typical of a Dawson team.

Wildcat Football

Will Bryant QB - Hefley be back for this game?  He might be a little out of synch for this one, if so. 

businesstron

My take on the games....

FHS at Bryant -- I was at the first one and it was a good close back and forth affair.  The reason why Fayetteville lost at the end was because they opted to go for 2 rather than tie the game and go into overtime. This a hard one to pick.  Bryant's #2 qb has done a nice job while the #1 has been out and honestly  I don't think it'll be a huge difference if he or the other one starts.  Bryant has a good running back so I think they won't have to many problems moving the ball on Fayetteville.  I think Fayetteville has improved but not by that much.  Their 4 str8 wins are over Rogers, Heritage, Harber, Springdale, and Southside.  It's hard not to look good against 4 out 5 of those teams.  I still don't think they can run ball either.   With that Bowers and those receivers are good so it'll be a good game.  Bryant by 3....just because their at home. 

Cabot at Bentonville -- Don't know alot about Cabot other than they don't have Barnes.  They aren't a bad team....just not a team capable of beating Bentonville this year.  They'll keep it competitive for a quarter atleast. 
Bentonville might of lost their #1 Rb but they don't have much of a drop off.  The backup will have a good couple of years to come and heck I think that even the 3rd is decent.  Bentonville by 14

Northside at NLR -- NLR ran for almost 400 on Northside the first time they played and racked up over 500 yards of offense. I don't see that changing this time around.  Though it is an admirable run by Northside.   NLR by 3 tds.

Conway at BW --  I think West will struggle in this game.  Conway likes the run the ball out of the pistol in the same fashion that Bentonville runs out of the pistol and George is a better back.  Conway doesn't that have that good of a passing game but they can do enough to cause some problems.  I'll say West by 7.

Razorback Red

I haven't watched NS or Cabot in person this season.  Curious if anyone is picking either of them to pull the upset Fri night.

Any takers?

tj1987

Quote from: businesstron on November 13, 2017, 04:50:34 pm
My take on the games....

FHS at Bryant -- I was at the first one and it was a good close back and forth affair.  The reason why Fayetteville lost at the end was because they opted to go for 2 rather than tie the game and go into overtime. This a hard one to pick.  Bryant's #2 qb has done a nice job while the #1 has been out and honestly  I don't think it'll be a huge difference if he or the other one starts.  Bryant has a good running back so I think they won't have to many problems moving the ball on Fayetteville.  I think Fayetteville has improved but not by that much.  Their 4 str8 wins are over Rogers, Heritage, Harber, Springdale, and Southside.  It's hard not to look good against 4 out 5 of those teams.  I still don't think they can run ball either.   With that Bowers and those receivers are good so it'll be a good game.  Bryant by 3....just because their at home. 
#1 If you were at the first game you would know the game DID go into overtime.  It was a good decision because #4 dropped a pass he should catch 99% of the time on a 2 point conversion that was wide open that should have easily won the game.  Fay had Bryant 31-17 going into the 4th quarter and let it slip away. Fay has a 6 game winning streak not 4.  Most say they are the most improved team in the state check any media person. D-Line  has 2 D-1 players is much improved and considered to be the best in the 7a West. Careful on the running game they have their big back finally full speed and changes on the O line. It will be a good game but your facts are wrong.

Razorback Red

November 13, 2017, 07:06:49 pm #15 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:33:04 pm by Razorback Red
I still think businesstron has a very valid point on FHS's SOS over the last month.  Their schedule was brutal in the front half, but they haven't played a good team in over a month.  On the other hand, Bryant has played both Conway and NLR in the last few weeks.  That might not mean a thing, but the FHS fans are really confident to be playing on the road against a really good Bryant team.

I picked FHS and I think they win and I think they have improved a lot, but I would give this pick my lowest confidence pick of the 4 games. 

tj1987

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 13, 2017, 07:06:49 pm
I still think businesstron has a very valid point on FHS's SOS over the last month.  Their schedule was brutal in the front half, but they haven't played a good team in over a month.  On the other hand, Bryant has played both Conway and NLR in the last few weeks.  That might not mean a thing, but the FHS fans are really confident to be playing on the road against a really good Bryant team.

I picked FHS and I think they win and I think they have improved a lot, but I would give this pick my lowest confidence pick of the 4 games.
It will be a really good game with 2 good teams. But dont forget Fay also beat Blue Springs the current #1 team in MO on the road.  They are 10-2 and playing for the State title in MO top classification this weekend. Bryant has a great O-line and a great running back.  Bryant lost to NLR but I agree they beat Conway we will see how they pan out against West.

businesstron

Quote from: tj1987 on November 13, 2017, 06:52:02 pm
#1 If you were at the first game you would know the game DID go into overtime.  It was a good decision because #4 dropped a pass he should catch 99% of the time on a 2 point conversion that was wide open that should have easily won the game.  Fay had Bryant 31-17 going into the 4th quarter and let it slip away. Fay has a 6 game winning streak not 4.  Most say they are the most improved team in the state check any media person. D-Line  has 2 D-1 players is much improved and considered to be the best in the 7a West. Careful on the running game they have their big back finally full speed and changes on the O line. It will be a good game but your facts are wrong.

I was wrong about a few things but not that far off....when the first game ended and I left Van Buren off their win streak.  You were wrong about Fayetteville leading 31-17 going into the 4th qtr.  They only lead 31-24 going into the 4th.  They did lead 31-17 at some point in the 3rd though.    Aside from that I don't really care if it was a good decision to go for that 2 pt conversion in OT.  It kind of was if your goal was to get out of the game with injuries.  I don't think Dawson would make that same decision if that happened in the playoffs. 

On their win streak though.  It's nothing special.  Rogers, Heritiage, Southside, and Van Buren are horrible teams. It's hard not to look good against them. With the exception of Southside the top of the 7a west has pretty much destroyed those schools and let's be real it'll probably be the same outcome next year.  Springdale is meh.  Harber at the time was a good win (at the time) I didn't leave that game see that much improvement from Bryant game. 

Regardless of  what somebody in the media says I'm not impressed to the point to say that Fayetteville is a better team to the point to where I can confidently pick them to beat Bryant....at Bryant. Fayetteville may have 2 D1 athletes on their line but they still gave up over 200 yards rushing to Bryant.  Harber with their weakened rushing attack had 160 on that same line.  I don't see it as a strength.   In all honesty the game is a pick em but I'm sticking with Bryant since their at home and usually shows up in the playoffs.  It hasn't always equated to wins for them but they never go silently into the night and with that most of the time they are on the road.  This time they will be at home.  Also another thing to factor in.  Bryant returns 14 starters from a team that went to the semifinals last year.  Fayetteville returns 5 from a championship team.  I'll go with the experience.  It will be  a good game either way though.

sportsguy80

I thought of something else that could be a factor with these 2nd round games. How much does the bye week come into play? As a coach and player, I'd like to keep playing but I understand the format. Wonder if any slow starts and early mistakes will play a role or will the matchups take over in the end?

tj1987

Quote from: businesstron on November 14, 2017, 01:44:31 am
I was wrong about a few things but not that far off....when the first game ended and I left Van Buren off their win streak.  You were wrong about Fayetteville leading 31-17 going into the 4th qtr.  They only lead 31-24 going into the 4th.  They did lead 31-17 at some point in the 3rd though.    Aside from that I don't really care if it was a good decision to go for that 2 pt conversion in OT.  It kind of was if your goal was to get out of the game with injuries.  I don't think Dawson would make that same decision if that happened in the playoffs. 

On their win streak though.  It's nothing special.  Rogers, Heritiage, Southside, and Van Buren are horrible teams. It's hard not to look good against them. With the exception of Southside the top of the 7a west has pretty much destroyed those schools and let's be real it'll probably be the same outcome next year.  Springdale is meh.  Harber at the time was a good win (at the time) I didn't leave that game see that much improvement from Bryant game. 

Regardless of  what somebody in the media says I'm not impressed to the point to say that Fayetteville is a better team to the point to where I can confidently pick them to beat Bryant....at Bryant. Fayetteville may have 2 D1 athletes on their line but they still gave up over 200 yards rushing to Bryant.  Harber with their weakened rushing attack had 160 on that same line.  I don't see it as a strength.   In all honesty the game is a pick em but I'm sticking with Bryant since their at home and usually shows up in the playoffs.  It hasn't always equated to wins for them but they never go silently into the night and with that most of the time they are on the road.  This time they will be at home.  Also another thing to factor in.  Bryant returns 14 starters from a team that went to the semifinals last year.  Fayetteville returns 5 from a championship team.  I'll go with the experience.  It will be  a good game either way though.
Look, its easy math its a 6 game win streak.  Ok then, Fay led Bryant late in the 3rd Q 31-17.  Just that should tell you something about a team that had little starting experience vs. as a team as you said had 14 returning starters. Bryant with all that "experience" and over 200 yards rushing needed a DROPPED PASS from Fay in overtime to win by one point??  Dare to dream. Bryant usually shows up in the playoffs?  How many state championships does Bryant have?  In championship programs state titles are ALL that matters in the playoffs period.   
Fay beat Bryant at home last year 43-10 by the way. Did you watch this years game on an the internet? If you dont care weather it was a good decision to go for 2 in overtime then why was that a point you made before? Did you say you dont think Dawson would make that decision again??  SO a WIDE OPEN pass to win the game to your best receiver was a bad decision??  He dropped the pass but the decision was good- the drop was not. I hope Bryant's coach doesn't think like that because if he does that may be why Bryant has no rings.  The large majority of runs Bryant made were bounced to the edges where safeties and linebackers were supposed to make plays.  Give A LOT of credit to the RB from Bryant, that kid is a great player.   Additionally, look at the sack totals for Fay this season- if you aren't impressed by Fays D-line then maybe your just being biased.  Regardless, I can admit where I see good players and Bryant has an impressive O-Line.  I like the match up in the trenches. It will be a battle.
Let me be clear. I think Bryant has a great shot to win the game, however dismissing a team like Fay is a mistake. They also had impressive games against Blue Spring and Bishop Dunne.  Remember, a lot of those kids have 2 rings and have played in the Championship game every year they have been in HS. Overall, I really like Bryant's team I have all year, but we will see if they can take the next step and win a title.

trevster10

This conversation is fun  :)

BTW, it's pretty much all but a given that QB1 Ren Hefley will be back this week...

P.S. Fun Fact - Bryant is 16-3 in its last 19 games, with all 3 losses coming to North Little Rock.

tj1987

Quote from: trevster10 on November 14, 2017, 09:16:31 am

BTW, it's pretty much all but a given that QB1 Ren Hefley will be back this week...

P.S. Fun Fact - Bryant is 16-3 in its last 19 games, with all 3 losses coming to North Little Rock.
LOL  Very true, It is fun to talk HS football on here!  Fun fact # 2.  NLR has lost 106-33 in its last 2 games with Fay.

sportsguy80

Quote from: trevster10 on November 14, 2017, 09:16:31 am

Hefley is the real deal. I love the way he runs the offense. If he does come back, how effective can he be? His injury was pretty significant and he's been gone away from live action for awhile. I guess time will tell.

businesstron

Quote from: tj1987 on November 14, 2017, 06:48:12 am
Look, its easy math its a 6 game win streak.  Ok then, Fay led Bryant late in the 3rd Q 31-17.  Just that should tell you something about a team that had little starting experience vs. as a team as you said had 14 returning starters. Bryant with all that "experience" and over 200 yards rushing needed a DROPPED PASS from Fay in overtime to win by one point??  Dare to dream. Bryant usually shows up in the playoffs?  How many state championships does Bryant have?  In championship programs state titles are ALL that matters in the playoffs period.   
Fay beat Bryant at home last year 43-10 by the way. Did you watch this years game on an the internet? If you dont care weather it was a good decision to go for 2 in overtime then why was that a point you made before? Did you say you dont think Dawson would make that decision again??  SO a WIDE OPEN pass to win the game to your best receiver was a bad decision??  He dropped the pass but the decision was good- the drop was not. I hope Bryant's coach doesn't think like that because if he does that may be why Bryant has no rings.  The large majority of runs Bryant made were bounced to the edges where safeties and linebackers were supposed to make plays.  Give A LOT of credit to the RB from Bryant, that kid is a great player.   Additionally, look at the sack totals for Fay this season- if you aren't impressed by Fays D-line then maybe your just being biased.  Regardless, I can admit where I see good players and Bryant has an impressive O-Line.  I like the match up in the trenches. It will be a battle.
Let me be clear. I think Bryant has a great shot to win the game, however dismissing a team like Fay is a mistake. They also had impressive games against Blue Spring and Bishop Dunne.  Remember, a lot of those kids have 2 rings and have played in the Championship game every year they have been in HS. Overall, I really like Bryant's team I have all year, but we will see if they can take the next step and win a title.

The 6 game win streak only looks good on paper.  Five out of those Six teams are terrible.  It's good they won those games and they needed that stretch to bounce back from their tough early season schedule but beating the Rogers and Springdale schools, Southside and Van Buren didn't all of a sudden change my opinion of them.    On the experience thing with no huge talent gap between the teams which would you rather have.  A team with 14 STARTERS (7 on offense, 7 on defense) who played 3 games into the playoffs with their coaching staff intact or a team with 5 or 6 starters (5 on offense 1 on defense) that played in a state championship and a new coaching staff.  If the talent is even I'll take the experience every day.  As far as who has more state championships that only matters when your talking about who's better team over the years.  Not when your talking about a game.  Especially when most of the players on Fayetteville's championship teams are gone.  Sure there may be a few that played but most of them just practiced and yes that matters.

I've seen Fayetteville twice in person this year.   Against Bryant and Harber.  I watched most of the livesteam against West and a little bit of the Bentonville game.  But anyway to to Dawson's decision to go for 2 in overtime. I never said if it was a good or bad decision.  I only mentioned it because it impacted the game.  If he takes the extra point that game could've went into 2 or 3 more overtimes and maybe they win.  I wouldn't criticize him for it because in the grand scheme of things it's just a non conference game.  No need to risk injury trying to win it in extra time.  But with that it is still worth mentioning.  I bet you my car though if that same situation comes up in overtime he won't go for it again.  Not with the season on the line. It makes sense in a  non conference game but not in a playoff game. 

On the game you could also spin it to say it would be a different game if Bryant doesn't turn the ball over 3 times with 7 points resulting from one of them. 

On your defensive line....   Pretty much against their best opponents
1 sack against Blue Springs
2 sacks against Dunne
1 sack against Bentonville
1 sack against Bryant
7 Sacks against West
4 sacks against Harber

West and Harber are impressive....well West moreso than Harber.  West had 10 sacks on Harber.  The stats  aren't bad but I'm not blown away by it.  But the key stat that matter as far as this week is concerned is 1 sack against Bryant and over 200 yards on the ground given up. 

Like I said I'm not saying Fayetteville is bad, they are good and capable of getting hot and making a run.  They are barely even an underdog in my eyes but your argument isn't convincing me to pick them over Bryant this week. 

tj1987

November 14, 2017, 12:15:25 pm #24 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:18:11 pm by tj1987

tj1987

Quote from: businesstron on November 14, 2017, 11:25:18 am
The 6 game win streak only looks good on paper.  Five out of those Six teams are terrible.  It's good they won those games and they needed that stretch to bounce back from their tough early season schedule but beating the Rogers and Springdale schools, Southside and Van Buren didn't all of a sudden change my opinion of them.    On the experience thing with no huge talent gap between the teams which would you rather have.  A team with 14 STARTERS (7 on offense, 7 on defense) who played 3 games into the playoffs with their coaching staff intact or a team with 5 or 6 starters (5 on offense 1 on defense) that played in a state championship and a new coaching staff.  If the talent is even I'll take the experience every day.  As far as who has more state championships that only matters when your talking about who's better team over the years.  Not when your talking about a game.  Especially when most of the players on Fayetteville's championship teams are gone.  Sure there may be a few that played but most of them just practiced and yes that matters.

I've seen Fayetteville twice in person this year.   Against Bryant and Harber.  I watched most of the livesteam against West and a little bit of the Bentonville game.  But anyway to to Dawson's decision to go for 2 in overtime. I never said if it was a good or bad decision.  I only mentioned it because it impacted the game.  If he takes the extra point that game could've went into 2 or 3 more overtimes and maybe they win.  I wouldn't criticize him for it because in the grand scheme of things it's just a non conference game.  No need to risk injury trying to win it in extra time.  But with that it is still worth mentioning.  I bet you my car though if that same situation comes up in overtime he won't go for it again.  Not with the season on the line. It makes sense in a  non conference game but not in a playoff game. 

On the game you could also spin it to say it would be a different game if Bryant doesn't turn the ball over 3 times with 7 points resulting from one of them. 

On your defensive line....   Pretty much against their best opponents
1 sack against Blue Springs
2 sacks against Dunne
1 sack against Bentonville
1 sack against Bryant
7 Sacks against West
4 sacks against Harber

West and Harber are impressive....well West moreso than Harber.  West had 10 sacks on Harber.  The stats  aren't bad but I'm not blown away by it.  But the key stat that matter as far as this week is concerned is 1 sack against Bryant and over 200 yards on the ground given up. 

Like I said I'm not saying Fayetteville is bad, they are good and capable of getting hot and making a run.  They are barely even an underdog in my eyes but your argument isn't convincing me to pick them over Bryant this week.
WOW maybe Bryant should apply to become a 6A team with their impressive non-conference wins over;
6A Benton
6A Lake Hamilton
Then wins over powerhouses like;
LR Catholic
LR Central
Southside
A regular murderers row right there!
Switch those cream puffs out with Blue Springs, Dunne and throw in BV and BVWest and see how it goes.
Oh yes and a win over a less than impressive Fay team as you mentioned.
See you folks in the Central play 6A teams in your non conference schedule, top tier teams go to other states and play multiple state championship programs and get top 20 national rankings.  That is something that Bryant has never done and will never do.
Championship pedigree doesn't matter huh?  Spoken like a program that has never won one. Why win championships if there isn't a transfer of championship culture that emanates through the program and ultimately to the players?
Sacks dont always tell the story.  Fay also finished 2nd in total defense in the 7A West.
TFL Totals
Blue Springs 16
Dunne 6
BV 6
BVW 7
Har-ber 18

Despite only 1 against Bryant Fay only lost by 1 in overtime.  Careful that's a good stat for Fay! Your SPIN makes zero sense.   The pick 6 Fay had was a great play on defense when the safety jumped the route from the opposite side of the field. Are you seriously saying that can be used as an excuse??  Please 2 words here ....watch film.  I could care less if I convince you to pick Fay over Bryant on Friday.  Bottom line is Fay ultimately will continue to win championships and produce D-1 talent and if Bryant wants to strive to be a program like that they will have to begin to play a real non conference schedule and get out of the mind set that the losing in the semi-finals is some great accomplishment.
Again, I like Bryant's team and I think they have a great chance to win.

businesstron

November 14, 2017, 04:24:01 pm #26 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:31:54 pm by businesstron
Wow look at all that deflection.   

WOW maybe Bryant should apply to become a 6A team with their impressive non-conference wins over;
6A Benton
6A Lake Hamilton
LR Catholic
LR Central
Southside
Switch those cream puffs out with Blue Springs, Dunne and throw in BV and BVWest and see how it goes.
See you folks in the Central play 6A teams in your non conference schedule, top tier teams go to other states and play multiple state championship programs and get top 20 national rankings.  That is something that Bryant has never done and will never do.

Ahh  The SOS pissing match nobody brought up.  This would be a good argument if Bryant and Fayetteville never played each other.   They did though and Fayetteville lost.    A tough schedule is nice and all but you went 2-4 against the best 6 teams on your schedule and you gave up alot of points and yards doing it.   Bryant only had 3 good opponents but they went 2-1 against their opponents and beat a team that soundly beat Bentonville. 

Championship pedigree doesn't matter huh?  Spoken like a program that has never won one. Why win championships if there isn't a transfer of championship culture that emanates through the program and ultimately to the players?

When your talking about how two team match up in a quarterfinal game it doesn't matter.  The argument that Fayetteville wins this game because they won a state title last year won't get you anywhere.  You've had 3 coaches in 3 years.  While all those coaches have won championships at Fayetteville, Russleville, Oklahoma or whereever 2 of them didn't stay or haven't been around Fayetteville to satisfy the culture argument.  How many state championships does Southside have and how much did it help them this year?

Sacks dont always tell the story.  Fay also finished 2nd in total defense in the 7A West.
TFL Totals
Blue Springs 16
Dunne 6
BV 6   
BVW 7
Har-ber 18
Bryant

Despite only 1 against Bryant Fay only lost by 1 in overtime.  Careful that's a good stat for Fay! Your SPIN makes zero sense.   The pick 6 Fay had was a great play on defense when the safety jumped the route from the opposite side of the field. Are you seriously saying that can be used as an excuse??  Please 2 words here ....watch film.  I could care less if I convince you to pick Fay over Bryant on Friday.  Bottom line is Fay ultimately will continue to win championships and produce D-1 talent and if Bryant wants to strive to be a program like that they will have to begin to play a real non conference schedule and get out of the mind set that the losing in the semi-finals is some great accomplishment.

Now you just sound stupid.  Let's look at the net results of all those TFLs.   

Blue Springs 16 <b> WIN </b>
Dunne 6 <b> LOSS </b>
BV 6    <b> LOSS </b>
BVW 7 <b> LOSS </b>
Har-ber 18 <b> WIN </b>
Bryant <b> Number doesn't matter they lost </b>

This great d line you brag about apparently isn't enough to impact the game to the point where it has translated to many big wins this year.  Apparently you do care because you still on here talking and trying to concote arguments about how the championships Fayetteville has won in the past and will win in the future (probably not this year)  will somehow impact this game. 

Having the #2 statistical defense in the 7a west doesn't hold much water when Harber is #1.  I'd take Bentonville's defense over any other defense in the conference and honestly that isn't saying too much either.  None of the defenses were particular great.

You must be new here.  I'm not from Bryant and I don't think I've ever been to Bryant.....  I live in Bentonville so i don seen enough of just about all the NWA teams mentioned to have a good feel for them......for about the last 14 years.

tj1987

November 14, 2017, 05:32:37 pm #27 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:23:03 pm by tj1987
Quote from: businesstron on November 14, 2017, 04:24:01 pm

<quote>
6A Benton
6A Lake Hamilton
LR Catholic
LR Central
Southside
</quote>

Ahh  The SOS pissing match nobody brought up.  This would be a good argument if Bryant and Fayetteville never played each other.   They did though and Fayetteville lost.    A tough schedule is nice and all but you went 2-4 against the best 6 teams on your schedule and you gave up alot of points and yards doing it.   Bryant only had 3 good opponents but they went 2-1 against their opponents and beat a team that soundly beat Bentonville. 

<quote>

</quote>

When your talking about how two team match up in a quarterfinal game it doesn't matter.  The argument that Fayetteville wins this game because they won a state title last year won't get you anywhere.  You've had 3 coaches in 3 years.  While all those coaches have won championships at Fayetteville, Russleville, Oklahoma or whereever 2 of them didn't stay or haven't been around Fayetteville to satisfy the culture argument.  How many state championships does Southside have and how much did it help them this year?

<quote>
TFL Totals
Blue Springs 16
Dunne 6
BV 6   
BVW 7
Har-ber 18
Bryant

</quote>

Dunne 6 <b> LOSS </b>
BV 6    <b> LOSS </b>
BVW 7 <b> LOSS </b>
Har-ber 18 <b> WIN </b>

This great d line you brag about apparently isn't enough to impact the game to the point where it has translated to many big wins this year.  Apparently you do care because you still on here talking and trying to concote arguments about how the championships Fayetteville has won in the past and will win in the future (probably not this year)  will somehow impact this game. 

Having the #2 statistical defense in the 7a west doesn't hold much water when Harber is #1.  I'd take Bentonville's defense over any other defense in the conference and honestly that isn't saying too much either.  None of the defenses were particular great.

You must be new here.  I'm not from Bryant and I don't think I've ever been to Bryant.....  I live in Bentonville so i don seen enough of just about all the NWA teams mentioned to have a good feel for them......for about the last 14 years.
[

tj1987

Quote from: businesstron on November 14, 2017, 04:24:01 pm

<quote>
6A Benton
6A Lake Hamilton
LR Catholic
LR Central
Southside
</quote>

<quote>

</quote>

<quote>
TFL Totals
Blue Springs 16
Dunne 6
BV 6   
BVW 7
Har-ber 18
Bryant

</quote>

Dunne 6 <b> LOSS </b>
BV 6    <b> LOSS </b>
BVW 7 <b> LOSS </b>
Har-ber 18 <b> WIN </b>

Well now 14 years, that's amazing I am so impressed. I can see you've been an athletic supporter on here for many years- my condolences you should get out more. Its funny how you continue to change the argument when I counter what you write.  Its laughable.  Will you promise me something?  Watch film and learn the game please.  I don't have any more time to explain it to you.
Championship pedigree  wont get you anywhere in the playoffs?  I had to read that to a room full of people and they all died laughing.  Being part of a winning program and tradition and a winning culture means everything. Look at any of the elite programs at any level. I can't believe I am even explaining this.  Its interesting you pointed out all the different coaches that have won at Fay.  Thank you for proving my point! its painful that you can't see you blew away your own argument. You see the culture stays no matter the coach.  Understand? I didnt think so because if you did you wouldn't be writing the things you do.  That didn't go well for you.  Southsides's tradition didn't help them-are you kidding me? Their last title was like 11 or 12 years ago so obviously that's not translating. Bad comparison. The argument on schedules was simply if Bryant had to play Fays schedule you think they are still 9-1?  Please tell me you don't.  Additionally, I can tell you haven't watched Fay closely at all.  If you are critical of their D line you know nothing about the teams strengths and weaknesses.  People who know football can diagnose it very quickly. You are missing a huge point you should be making.  Again, watch film or buy a book on defensive and offensive football you will appreciate the game much more.  Like I have said over and over again I think Bryant has a great shot to win the game and have no problem giving their kids credit. The game could go either way and I wouldn't be surprised. 
And by the way, obviously the Central plays a much more run oriented less sophisticated brand of football, which skews the defensive numbers. Check NLR last year and how it played out in the finals. Chess vs Checkers.  You picked NLR to win too didn't you?? Study study study.

businesstron

QuoteWell now 14 years, that's amazing I am so impressed. I can see you've been an athletic supporter on here for many years- my condolences you should get out more. Its funny how you continue to change the argument when I counter what you write.  Its laughable.  Will you promise me something?  Watch film and learn the game please.  I don't have any more time to explain it to you.
How am i changing the argument when I'm responding to what you write?  You've brought up 4 or 5 new topics since this discussion started.  You've bounced around from talking about Fayetteville's D Line, to talking about why their state championships matter now to Bryant SOS, to the types of offenses ran in the Central. Stay on topic.  I did though rewatch most of the game and the opinion is still the same.  Bryant offensive line handled Fayetteville in the trenches and really their running game kept them in the game during the first half.  They didn't do anything through the air until the second half.  I don't see anything make me want to bet the house on Fayetteville this week.

QuoteChampionship pedigree  wont get you anywhere in the playoffs?  I had to read that to a room full of people and they all died laughing.  Being part of a winning program and tradition and a winning culture means everything. Look at any of the elite programs at any level. I can't believe I am even explaining this.  Its interesting you pointed out all the different coaches that have won at Fay.  Thank you for proving my point! its painful that you can't see you blew away your own argument. You see the culture stays no matter the coach.  Understand? I didnt think so because if you did you wouldn't be writing the things you do.  That didn't go well for you.  Southsides's tradition didn't help them-are you kidding me? Their last title was like 11 or 12 years ago so obviously that's not translating. Bad comparison.

You must either be slow or living in your own little world because I didn't say Championship Pedigree won't get you anywhere in the playoffs.  I said as far as this game goes that will be played in 2017 it doesn't matter.  Most of the players that played on Fayetteville last year are gone.  Heck...a good chunk of the coaching staff is gone.  Whatever culture Patton and Blankenship had there is gone.   Compare that to Bryant who has their entire coaching staff back and 7 out of 10 starters back from their team that went 3 rounds deep last year.  What Southside did in the past didn't help them this year.  The same goes for Fayetteville.

The argument on schedules was simply if Bryant had to play Fays schedule you think they are still 9-1?  Please tell me you don't.  Additionally, I can tell you haven't watched Fay closely at all.  If you are critical of their D line you know nothing about the teams strengths and weaknesses.  People who know football can diagnose it very quickly. You are missing a huge point you should be making.  Again, watch film or buy a book on defensive and offensive football you will appreciate the game much more.  Like I have said over and over again I think Bryant has a great shot to win the game and have no problem giving their kids credit. The game could go either way and I wouldn't be surprised.

People who make that type of an argument with if team a played team b schedule are usually just making excuses.  Bryant beat Fayetteville head 2 head in Fayetteville.  Bryant won't be playing Fayetteville's schedule and vice versa.  It's an irrelevant argument especially when you factor in everyone knows that Fayetteville played a tough schedule.   

You got them purple glasses on so tight that you can't see the true strengths and weaknesses of your own team. 

And by the way, obviously the Central plays a much more run oriented less sophisticated brand of football, which skews the defensive numbers. Check NLR last year and how it played out in the finals. Chess vs Checkers.  You picked NLR to win too didn't you?? Study study study.

That there shows you don't really know what your talking about.  Never make assumptions.  I didn't make a pick on the title game last year.  I did say I thought Harber and Fayetteville would meet each other other.  The big reason NLR lost last year was due more to the fact that Fayetteville was loaded with talent and NLR had some but not as much.  Not really on scheme. 

Quote from: businesstron on October 28, 2016, 09:22:53 am
You never know.  This could be the year. The west this year is the weakest I've seen almost in 7 or 8 years.  It's top heavy with Fayetteville Harber and Bentonville but I could see a team like NLR making a run at them.   

I don't think that will happen though primarily because at least Fayettville and Harber have a good front 7 on defense.  Bentonville is traditionally good in that area as well as well but I haven't seen them play this year so I'm not sure with them.   

But NLR kind of plays into what they want to do.  I think though a NLR vs Fayetteville game would look a little bit like Blue Springs/Fayetteville game earlier this year.    NLR's coach is savy enough to mix up his play book to call a few effective passes.   

I don't really think this is the year but I think a Central team could possible win at least one in the next 4 or 5 years.

tj1987

Quote from: businesstron on November 15, 2017, 01:26:24 am
How am i changing the argument when I'm responding to what you write?  You've brought up 4 or 5 new topics since this discussion started.  You've bounced around from talking about Fayetteville's D Line, to talking about why their state championships matter now to Bryant SOS, to the types of offenses ran in the Central. Stay on topic.  I did though rewatch most of the game and the opinion is still the same.  Bryant offensive line handled Fayetteville in the trenches and really their running game kept them in the game during the first half.  They didn't do anything through the air until the second half.  I don't see anything make me want to bet the house on Fayetteville this week.

You must either be slow or living in your own little world because I didn't say Championship Pedigree won't get you anywhere in the playoffs.  I said as far as this game goes that will be played in 2017 it doesn't matter.  Most of the players that played on Fayetteville last year are gone.  Heck...a good chunk of the coaching staff is gone.  Whatever culture Patton and Blankenship had there is gone.   Compare that to Bryant who has their entire coaching staff back and 7 out of 10 starters back from their team that went 3 rounds deep last year.  What Southside did in the past didn't help them this year.  The same goes for Fayetteville.

People who make that type of an argument with if team a played team b schedule are usually just making excuses.  Bryant beat Fayetteville head 2 head in Fayetteville.  Bryant won't be playing Fayetteville's schedule and vice versa.  It's an irrelevant argument especially when you factor in everyone knows that Fayetteville played a tough schedule.   

You got them purple glasses on so tight that you can't see the true strengths and weaknesses of your own team. 

That there shows you don't really know what your talking about.  Never make assumptions.  I didn't make a pick on the title game last year.  I did say I thought Harber and Fayetteville would meet each other other.  The big reason NLR lost last year was due more to the fact that Fayetteville was loaded with talent and NLR had some but not as much.  Not really on scheme.
Look Mr. Keyboard Warrior I don't have time to break all of this down anymore -you sir need a life.  I will keep it very simple for you so that you can understand. If you thought Har-ber would make the final last year you should learn more about football because the reasons were obvious.  If you think scheme didn't matter in last years 7A final Im sorry but I can no longer waste my time with you. You don't understand the game beyond the fan level and have never broken down film professionally.  You are on here as a guy who has positioned himself as some expert that really thinks his opinion matters.  Remember, this all started when I simply called you out on some incorrect information concerning Fay and that got you all bunged up.  14 years of watching is different from over 30 years of actually doing.  Please learn more about the game.  What was that about LR Central again??  Again, learn the game. You seem to have missed this so I will say it one more time. Bryant has a great chance to win on Friday and wouldn't be surprised if they did.

businesstron

Quote from: tj1987 on November 15, 2017, 05:53:26 am
Look Mr. Keyboard Warrior I don't have time to break all of this down anymore -you sir need a life.  I will keep it very simple for you so that you can understand. If you thought Har-ber would make the final last year you should learn more about football because the reasons were obvious.  If you think scheme didn't matter in last years 7A final Im sorry but I can no longer waste my time with you. You don't understand the game beyond the fan level and have never broken down film professionally.  You are on here as a guy who has positioned himself as some expert that really thinks his opinion matters.  Remember, this all started when I simply called you out on some incorrect information concerning Fay and that got you all bunged up.  14 years of watching is different from over 30 years of actually doing.  Please learn more about the game.  What was that about LR Central again??  Again, learn the game. You seem to have missed this so I will say it one more time. Bryant has a great chance to win on Friday and wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Oh lord who's coach are you?  You look pathetic having this discussion if you work on Fayetteville staff.  You seem insecure though since your spend more time touting your experience and saying I don't know football.   You haven't shown or proved it.   

When you called me out on my mistake I took ownership of it.  It's was a small miss.  You seem frustrated trying to convince me how good you think Fayetteville is.  Look if you can't take to heat get out of the kitchen.  This discussion is fun to me and I can do this all day.   I am a fan.   You though are a coach.  Shouldn't you be coaching something instead of trying to get the world to see through you purple colored visors?

tj1987

November 15, 2017, 12:11:20 pm #32 Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 12:13:02 pm by tj1987
Quote from: businesstron on November 15, 2017, 09:07:19 am
Oh lord who's coach are you?  You look pathetic having this discussion if you work on Fayetteville staff.  You seem insecure though since your spend more time touting your experience and saying I don't know football.   You haven't shown or proved it.   

When you called me out on my mistake I took ownership of it.  It's was a small miss.  You seem frustrated trying to convince me how good you think Fayetteville is.  Look if you can't take to heat get out of the kitchen.  This discussion is fun to me and I can do this all day.   I am a fan.   You though are a coach.  Shouldn't you be coaching something instead of trying to get the world to see through you purple colored visors?
At least you make me laugh because high school sports is nothing to be insecure over, but nice try anyway. Never said I was from Fay (which I am not) or even coached there, which I don't.  It doesn't mean however that I dont coach or have coached at a different level.  It's the classic situation I have encountered hundreds of times and unfortunately I decided to say something this time and it has proven to be rather exhausting.  People who don't know, dont know that they dont know. Your assessments are simply not savvy and indicative of a person who knows football beyond the fan level, which is fine ultimately. But you've never broken down film, charted a game or coached a position or a team before so i can no longer have this inane discussion with you.  Fay is easy to breakdown and frankly it has nothing to do with you observations.  I know the Bryant coaches see it and that will make it a good game- like I stated many times. I'm glad you can do this all day but I have more important things to do. So go on being a fan but leave the schematics of the game alone. Anyway, good luck to you.

businesstron

Quote from: tj1987 on November 15, 2017, 12:11:20 pm
At least you make me laugh because high school sports is nothing to be insecure over, but nice try anyway. Never said I was from Fay (which I am not) or even coached there, which I don't.  It doesn't mean however that I dont coach or have coached at a different level.  It's the classic situation I have encountered hundreds of times and unfortunately I decided to say something this time and it has proven to be rather exhausting.  People who don't know, dont know that they dont know. Your assessments are simply not savvy and indicative of a person who knows football beyond the fan level, which is fine ultimately. But you've never broken down film, charted a game or coached a position or a team before so i can no longer have this inane discussion with you.  Fay is easy to breakdown and frankly it has nothing to do with you observations.  I know the Bryant coaches see it and that will make it a good game- like I stated many times. I'm glad you can do this all day but I have more important things to do. So go on being a fan but leave the schematics of the game alone. Anyway, good luck to you.

You don't have time to discuss yet your still here. Since your over here touting how much film you've watched what do you do for a living?  You've watched all this film yet you haven't made a convincing argument.  You've spent more time touting you film watching  skills and pretty much saying fluff( like noting how I'm a fan and have never seen Fayetteville)  then you have actually making a compelling argument.    But either way dont't take it personal this is all fun. 

trevster10

Could we see an all-Central semi-final round next weekend?

PA Dad

Quote from: trevster10 on November 16, 2017, 09:58:51 pm
Could we see an all-Central semi-final round next weekend?

It is feasible.  Wouldn't that be great?

trevster10

Razorback Red

Quote from: PA Dad on November 16, 2017, 10:01:31 pm
It is feasible.  Wouldn't that be great?

Two are guaranteed and three are very possible.  Cabot will have to play their best game of the season to make it four. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 16, 2017, 10:17:38 pm
Two are guaranteed and three are very possible.  Cabot will have to play their best game of the season to make it four.

I agree.  Cabot has a long row to hoe.

trevster10

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 16, 2017, 10:17:38 pm

Razorback Red

Obviously, I will be at Tiger Stadium tomorrow night, but would love to see the FHS/Bryant game.  I'm guessing it will get chippy early and often.  I will definitely follow it on twitter. 

trevster10

Looks like we have some things to discuss.

sportsguy80

businesstron

Bryant 21
Fayetteville 20

That was a helluva game.  I don't know how many plays Bryant made on 3rd and 4th down when the game was on the line, they are clutch.  You can not count them out in thei big games this season they've been down for more 3/4 of the game and won just about all of them(except for North Little Rock).  It will be a battle with Bentonville  next week.

Razorback Red

3 out of 4 from the Central in the semi's.  Been a long time since we've seen that.

Pretty predictable week, 2 close games and 2 lopsided games. 

Next week will be a ton of fun. 

mack

Quote from: tj1987 on November 14, 2017, 09:31:36 am
LOL  Very true, It is fun to talk HS football on here!  Fun fact # 2.  NLR has lost 106-33 in its last 2 games with Fay.

Here's a fun fact.... you won't get to play NLR because you lost to a team NLR had beaten the last three times.  It would have been fun thumping you finally.

Razorback Red

Quote from: mack on November 17, 2017, 10:01:35 pm
Here's a fun fact.... you won't get to play NLR because you lost to a team NLR had beaten the last three times.  It would have been fun thumping you finally.

There's Mack showing up this week!

I assume you are pulling for my Tigers next week?  NLR doesn't want a title without having to beat one of the West big boys do they?  I really, really hope we get that matchup for the title. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 17, 2017, 10:05:58 pm
There's Mack showing up this week!

I assume you are pulling for my Tigers next week?  NLR doesn't want a title without having to beat one of the West big boys do they?  I really, really hope we get that matchup for the title.

I hope so too.  But you got a big hurdle to get over next week.

Razorback Red

Quote from: PA Dad on November 17, 2017, 10:07:41 pm
I hope so too.  But you got a big hurdle to get over next week.

I agree, Bryant will be a handful, but so will Bville for them.  Should be a great one. 

sportsguy80

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 17, 2017, 10:08:45 pm
I agree, Bryant will be a handful, but so will Bville for them.  Should be a great one.
I agree. Gotta give Coach James and his staff the coaching edge. Should be a tight game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas