• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Arkansas Razorback Baseball Thread

Started by Chosen 1, February 16, 2010, 07:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AB™

Quote from: msubulldogs21 on March 30, 2010, 07:02:34 pm
Quote from: RHS on March 30, 2010, 06:44:20 pm
The SEC East looks like the weak sister again. Their bottom 3 teams have garbage records in conference already.

We might finish 3rd in the East, and we're terrible.

The West is basically like the AL and the East is like the NL.

Y'all will be back.  Finishing last in the West isn't anything to be embarrassed about unless you finish in last by a lot of games.  It's definitely going to be an up and down - and aggravating - season with three true freshmen as your weekend starters.

msubulldogs21

Quote from: AB™ on March 30, 2010, 10:14:11 pm
Quote from: msubulldogs21 on March 30, 2010, 07:02:34 pm
The SEC East looks like the weak sister again. Their bottom 3 teams have garbage records in conference already.

We might finish 3rd in the East, and we're terrible.

The West is basically like the AL and the East is like the NL.

Y'all will be back.  Finishing last in the West isn't anything to be embarrassed about unless you finish in last by a lot of games.  It's definitely going to be an up and down - and aggravating - season with three true freshmen as your weekend starters.

I think we'll be back too, but it won't be for another couple years. Outside of Connor Powers who is hitting .393 with 9 HR and 39 RBI through 25 games, we don't have a very formidable lineup. Our young pitchers have actually done pretty well, but aren't getting a ton of run support. Unfortunately Powers is a senior, although he's going to be drafted high.

B&GT

When were they the weak sister before?  I know they dominated the last decade at least.

rsvl_hogfan4

Zach Cox is on a 24 game hit streak and is batting .432 with 27 RBI and 5 HRs. The top of our lineup is pretty sick.

Collin Kuhn is batting .345 with 19 RBI and is 11 for 11 in stolen bases.

Wilkins is batting .311 with 10 HRs and 33 RBI. He was actually in a slump, and still has very good numbers. Reynolds and McKinney are bringing the team BA down. They aren't too good at the plate. Our team BA is .292.

AB™

March 31, 2010, 12:22:20 am #154 Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:24:09 am by AB™
Is Vinson getting any PT against SEC teams?  I heard he had a big game tonight, granted it was against Centenary.  I caught the tail end of the statement on the radio on my way home tonight and they said he got 4 or 5 hits, and raised his average from .188 to .250, or something like that. 

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: AB™ on March 31, 2010, 12:22:20 am
Is Vinson getting any PT against SEC teams?  I heard he had a big game tonight, granted it was against Centenary.  I caught the tail end of the statement on the radio on my way home tonight and they said he got 4 or 5 hits, and raised his average from .188 to .250, or something like that. 
Yeah, he had a really good game tonight.

Yeah, he gets some at bats in SEC play. He played in every LSU game. He got a hit or two in the first two games, but went 0-4 on Sunday. I don't think he played Friday or Sunday against Alabama, but I was at the Saturday game and he got a hit in probably 5 at bats. He isn't very consistent, but I would definitely take him over Reynolds. I am not sure why he is even in the lineup. He rarely gets on base, and makes 3 or 4 errors each series.

bulldogs1159

With Monk batting -.127 these days why don't we give Vinson or heck even Hauskey a shot at DH? Hauskey came in the pinch hit last night to a standing ovation and promptly drove in a pair of runs.

Plus I would like to move Carver back to short and put Vinson in right anyway. The Monk experiment hopefully is nearing its end.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on March 31, 2010, 05:14:09 am
With Monk batting -.127 these days why don't we give Vinson or heck even Hauskey a shot at DH? Hauskey came in the pinch hit last night to a standing ovation and promptly drove in a pair of runs.

Plus I would like to move Carver back to short and put Vinson in right anyway. The Monk experiment hopefully is nearing its end.
I say we give Hauskey more at bats, too. He did good last season when he got ABs, and has already been clutch this season against Alabama on Saturday.

rsvl_hogfan4

Cox is ranked the #1 third baseman in the nation according to Rivals.

The Hogs are starting a true freshman tonight. It is his first career start. Hopefully we score plenty of runs early to help him out.

Chris Murphy

I know we'll probably be using today to get some younger guys who don't normally play some PT, but I would love to see another big win. We have a real shot at hitting an 11 game win streak riding into Starkville next weekend. That would be a good high to be riding going on the road.

DevilDog4

hogs got the sweep..they won 9-4 today

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: B&GT on March 30, 2010, 11:56:05 pm

When were they the weak sister before?  I know they dominated the last decade at least.

Georgia has been underachieving this season and all of last year, and Florida has been down the last couple of years (this year they are pretty solid).  Those are the typical power teams in the East.  The only consistent team the last few years has been South Carolina.  Also I think the fact that the West is so good top to bottom the East appears weaker by comparison.  Thing is, I don't want to draw any SEC team at least until a Super Regional.

AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE ARKANSAS AT ALL IN THE POSTSEASON.

razorbacks82007

PLEASE sweep or at least win the series this weekend! i will NEVER hear the end of it!!! i have been in kentucky since august and all i hear is john wall john wall john wall.. i need somethin on them!

bulldogs1159

B&GT

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 31, 2010, 08:53:16 pm

Georgia has been underachieving this season and all of last year, and Florida has been down the last couple of years (this year they are pretty solid).  Those are the typical power teams in the East.  The only consistent team the last few years has been South Carolina.  Also I think the fact that the West is so good top to bottom the East appears weaker by comparison.  Thing is, I don't want to draw any SEC team at least until a Super Regional.

I based my statement solely on regular season conference champions.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: B&GT on March 31, 2010, 11:21:31 pm

The East will have 1 or 2 really good teams, and one of them may happen to win the SEC. However, the West generally is the best top to bottom. I know a year or two ago the only team in the West that wasn't ranked was Auburn.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: B&GT on March 31, 2010, 11:21:31 pm

You have to remember the East will always have Kentucky and Tennessee.

Father Guido

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on March 31, 2010, 08:57:46 pm
Reasons? :)

Didn't Arkansas knock the Seminoles out of their OWN Super Regional last year?  Maybe that has something to do with why he doesn't want to see the Hogs this year.   ;D  I'm just guessing.  8)

DevilDog4

Chosen 1

Quote from: DevilDog4 on April 02, 2010, 10:39:17 pm
Kentucky slips past arkansas 12-8
More like blew passed them to a huge early lead off Bolsinger, Hogs couldn't catch up

DevilDog4

Hopefully they get it together today on the mound.

DevilDog4

Arkansas leading it 6-0 right now..its the top 5th

B&GT

Now 10-0 in the bottom of the 5th.  Wilkins left the game with an injury at some point, which is NOT good.

RHS

Reported strained hamstring for Wilkins. Hammys are always tricky.

Bolsinger has been hit or miss on Friday nights. I say if Smyly can continue going good after his blister ordeal, switch him to Friday nights for a while. His 17 walks in 3 SEC games aren't great, but only 1 of his 7 today crossed the plate.

B&GT

Quote from: RHS on April 03, 2010, 04:55:57 pm
Reported strained hamstring for Wilkins. Hammys are always tricky.

Bolsinger has been hit or miss on Friday nights. I say if Smyly can continue going good after his blister ordeal, switch him to Friday nights for a while. His 17 walks in 3 SEC games aren't great, but only 1 of his 7 today crossed the plate.

Smyly did walk a lot of guys, but I think he only gave up 4 hits, 2 in the inning they scored, and 2 the whole rest of the time he was in.

DevilDog4

Hogs win big 10-1...lets take the series 2maro boys!!

B&GT

April 03, 2010, 08:29:34 pm #176 Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:43:10 pm by B&GT
As of 4/3:

East
1. Florida, 6-2
1. South Carolina, 6-2
3. Vanderbilt, 4-4
4. Georgia, 2-6
4. Kentucky 2-6
6. Tennessee 1-7

West
1. LSU, 6-2
2. Arkansas, 5-3
2. Ole Miss, 5-3
4. Alabama, 4-4
4. Auburn, 4-4
6. Miss. State, 3-5

Where SEC teams rank in the Baseball America poll:
#5 LSU
#8 Florida
#10 Arkansas
#11 Ole Miss
#12 South Carolina
#20 Vanderbilt
#25 Alabama

msubulldogs21

Holy ish we won @ South Carolina today. Amazing.

B&GT

Quote from: msubulldogs21 on April 03, 2010, 09:19:51 pm
Holy ish we won @ South Carolina today. Amazing.

Tennessee won at Ole Miss for their first conference win, and Georgia won at LSU in a game that wasn't even close for their second.  Today was a prime example of how tough playing in the SEC is.

rsvl_hogfan4

April 04, 2010, 05:08:54 pm #179 Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:14:11 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Crazy game today. Hogs are down 5-0 and score 13 unanswered. Up 13-5, then 13-9 in 8th. We give up 7 in 8th to go down 16-13. In bottom of the 9th, we have 1 on and 2 outs. We get 2 more on and Kuhn hits a 2 out walkoff grandslam to win.

Yet another come from behind win.

Posting from my phone...could a mod move this to baseball thread? Thought it was where I posted.

razorbacks82007

wow?!? nothing about todays game? i started reading the blog during the 7th. hogs win on kuhn's walkoff slam

rsvl_hogfan4

I tried, but accidently put it in recruiting forum because I misread on my phone.

bulldogs1159

Not exactly the way I wanted it to get done but I was correct on our 4-1 record this week.

Marionpats07™

Amazing game today, one of the BEST live games I have ever been to. Freaking nuts!

gatecrasher

I was told on FB that we blew a 13-5 lead....

So we pulled it out?

razorbacks82007

hopefully this doesnt affect baxendale too much after giving up that home run the put them ahead

Marionpats07™

Quote from: gatecrasher on April 04, 2010, 06:22:17 pm

So we pulled it out?

That would be correct sir.

bulldogs1159

Gotta love how fast people are on and off the bandwagon on Hogville. They were banning people today for bashing the team. I have said it before and I will say it again. Hogville is trash.

AB™

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on April 04, 2010, 07:59:55 pm
Gotta love how fast people are on and off the bandwagon on Hogville. They were banning people today for bashing the team. I have said it before and I will say it again. Hogville is trash.

While most college sports based, team specific, message boards are a nuthouse, Hogville is about as bad as I've been on.  The UNC board I frequent, has been pretty bad this season - questioning Roy Williams as a head coach being the most absurd thing - but even with as bad of a season as UNC has had, along with dook probably winning a national title, I don't think it has even melted down as bad as the Jump Ball section of Hogville did this year.  And UNC basketball fans may arguably the be most passionate in the nation. 

Quite Frankly

I was so close to going to the game today.  I guess I missed a lulu. 

On the HV deal, I do hate the way it seems to sway back and forth at times.  I get busted on all the time just because I don't like the lynch mob mentality that gets too much steam through falsehoods.  It's a feeding frenzy.

It's just so big.  It's a microcosism of the bandwagon jumping of what the world has become.  I like it, but at times you have to put on your big boy pants and just stand tall without crossing the line.

It's a great place to go for some info, but the number of self-proclaimed sources outnumber others about 2:1.  And I hate to use the word "hate", but when something turns that way it's a madhouse.

Now back to the Hogs.  I certainly plan to get my attendance up from the zero that I've added to it this year.  I'm ashamed I've not gone already.

gatecrasher

I don't have a schedule. Is there a home series the weekend of the Red/White game?

I'm coming up to see that....may take in the baseball game too (if they are at home)

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: gatecrasher on April 04, 2010, 06:22:17 pm

So we pulled it out?

2 outs and 1 on down 3 in the 9 we load the bases and Kuhn hits a grandslam.

gatecrasher

RHS

I was driving somewhere around Tilly when it happened. Almost drove off the road.

Ken Griffey Jr.

I don't know if anyone is keeping up with the game vs St. Louis tonight, but the Hogs lead 14-0 going into the TOP OF THE 2ND INNING.

Wampus_Cat

21-1 Hogs over Billikens, Top of the 4th.

AB™

Quite Frankly

RD™

Quite Frankly

I hear Pelphrey is coming in to pitch the 9th.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas