• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-3A Seeding

Started by Radiotalker, February 03, 2017, 09:22:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiotalker

It will be interesting to see how the seeds will be for the upcoming district tournament. I'm more familiar with the south which appears to be more dominant but Corning has a nice record and has only lost to 4A Cave City. It will be interesting how the coaches assign these.

Here's how I would seed:

1 Osceola     5  Rivercrest
2 Riverside   6  Piggott
3 Manila       7  Walnut Ridge
4 Corning     8  Melbourne
                   9  Hoxie

Baller100

Melbourne is in the 3A-1E district I think...

Missco

Osceola
Riverside
Manila
Rivercrest
Corning
Piggott
WR
Hoxie

luxora4life

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 03, 2017, 09:22:48 am
It will be interesting to see how the seeds will be for the upcoming district tournament. I'm more familiar with the south which appears to be more dominant but Corning has a nice record and has only lost to 4A Cave City. It will be interesting how the coaches assign these.

Here's how I would seed:

1 Osceola     5  Rivercrest
2 Riverside   6  Piggott
3 Manila       7  Walnut Ridge
4 Corning     8  Melbourne
                   9  Hoxie

First, I believe Corning has more than 1 lost. Looking at MaxPrep, its more like 4 going on 5 (look like that have Cave City tonight).  I think that lost to Marked Tree by 40+ early this season, Cave City, Pocahontas, and Sloan-Hendrix. 
Second, I was told the 3a-3 District tournament will be seeded like the Regional tournament this year.  If the tournament was to start today, the bracket would look like this: 

#1 Osceola vs #4Hoxie
#2 Piggott vs #3 Manila

#1 Corning vs #4 Rivercrest
#2 Riverside vs #3 Walnut Ridge

I don't think Melbourne is in Conference 3a-3

luxora4life

Quote from: Missco on February 03, 2017, 09:56:01 am
Osceola
Riverside
Manila
Rivercrest
Corning
Piggott
WR
Hoxie

Rivercrest has a chance to move past Manila with a win tonight against Riverside at Rivercrest.

Radiotalker

Quote from: luxora4life on February 03, 2017, 10:19:44 am
First, I believe Corning has more than 1 lost. Looking at MaxPrep, its more like 4 going on 5 (look like that have Cave City tonight).  I think that lost to Marked Tree by 40+ early this season, Cave City, Pocahontas, and Sloan-Hendrix. 
Second, I was told the 3a-3 District tournament will be seeded like the Regional tournament this year.  If the tournament was to start today, the bracket would look like this: 

#1 Osceola vs #4Hoxie
#2 Piggott vs #3 Manila

record wise I was speaking of conference play with Corning.

BoxNOne

Looks like four wins for the south teams no matter the matchups IMO. Semifinals will be good games between the southern teams.

Paperman

Luxora for Life's pairings would be correct as of yesterday! A Colts win tonight would give them a chance at third in the Southern bracket! This blended conference stuff is confusing at times! Lol

Missco

In the long run the blended conference is better. Their is no benefit playing Hoxie, Corning, Walnut Ridge or Piggott. Those schools will never ever be in the top 4 of the 3-3A.

dalemurphy

Piggott had some years in the mid to late 90s and the early 2000s that they most certainly would have cracked the top 4 of that group.  Who's to say they can't do it again sometime?

Missco

I think the last time that they won a district title was the early eighties and they didnt make it out of regionals. They were decent in the time period you mentioned, like barely over average. Facts are facts.

dalemurphy

They won a district title in 1996 I'm pretty certain.  They were I a district with Nettleton, Westside, Pocahontas, Brookland, Highland, Gosnell, Hoxie, Cave City, and Corning. If they can win that district, there is hope to win this one.  I'm almost positive they won district more times between 96-06.

ISU7

Quote from: luxora4life on February 03, 2017, 10:19:44 am

#1 Osceola vs #4Hoxie
#2 Piggott vs #3 Manila

You are exactly right.

bobcats

Quote from: Missco on February 03, 2017, 03:56:57 pm
In the long run the blended conference is better. Their is no benefit playing Hoxie, Corning, Walnut Ridge or Piggott. Those schools will never ever be in the top 4 of the 3-3A.

That's funny.  I'm pretty sure Piggott was at regionals last year as a 3 seed from the 3- 3A.  They even won a game and advanced to the first round of state.

Missco

Regardless those four schools have zero tradition.  The other four have all won state titles. Each has won more district titles than the other 4 combined.

Missco

In Missouri  you have to win your district tourney to move on. That would have everyone in Arkansas crying. Also they dont all play in the same conferences. We have the most watered down set-up of almost any state in the USA

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Missco on February 03, 2017, 10:55:25 pm
In Missouri  you have to win your district tourney to move on. That would have everyone in Arkansas crying. Also they dont all play in the same conferences. We have the most watered down set-up of almost any state in the USA

Agreed! People would complain about a different system just as much. If there were only 3-4 classes it would never give most teams a chance. Same with win district or go home.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas