• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar vs. Clinton

Started by PeedeecreekBoy99, February 02, 2017, 10:13:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Nothing like playing the starters against the end of the bench.. .

Warriors023

Warriors are absolutely destroying the yellow jackets. Clinton pulled starters with 6:00 in 4th. Score
Lamar: 67
Jackets: 45
4:19 left in game

TheTruth2010

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on February 03, 2017, 07:11:43 pm
I spotted hitman, havent seen truth
Maybe haven't spotted him, but sure you heard him a few times  8)

jackets101

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 03, 2017, 07:34:45 pm
Nothing like playing the starters against the end of the bench.. .
shows the sportsmanship

xadboy

Hmmm, 20 point game with 6:00 to go and Clinton pulls starters? Sounds like a coach giving up.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: xadboy on February 03, 2017, 07:53:54 pm
Hmmm, 20 point game with 6:00 to go and Clinton pulls starters? Sounds like a coach giving up.
sounds like a sportsmanship move to me, does Lamar not have that? Jw

xadboy

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 03, 2017, 07:54:59 pm
We pulled ours after that. So I say yes.

mountainmangrizzly

OK that was some good basketball,  I'm going to nominate the alley from the Beeman kid to the Porter kid,or the Beeman kid stealing the ball and dribbling through the defenders leg and going down for a bucket, any takers?? That's a good ball team right there, look out.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 03, 2017, 07:54:59 pm

Lamar continued to press and pad stats, and this isn't the first time I've heard of em doing it so....

BannerMountainMan

Did every kid play on the Lamar team? Because 6 minutes is a lot of time to put in different groups

xadboy

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 03, 2017, 08:21:48 pm
Lamar continued to press and pad stats, and this isn't the first time I've heard of em doing it so....
So our second string can't play? So we should just give the ball to Clinton and not run our offense or defense? Hope you enjoy your sour grapes!

TheTruth2010

I'm sorry but down 20 with 6 minutes left pulling the starters is pretty dumb.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: xadboy on February 03, 2017, 08:28:21 pm
So our second string can't play? So we should just give the ball to Clinton and not run our offense or defense? Hope you enjoy your sour grapes!
what does offense and defense have to do with pressing or are you just plain dumb?

PeedeecreekBoy99

jackets101

At that point in the game there is no point in keeping starters in. Post season is too close. The smart decision was to not risk the starters getting hurt. This game really didn't mean anything besides overall record. Seeds are already final.

xadboy

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 03, 2017, 08:34:40 pm
what does offense and defense have to do with pressing or are you just plain dumb?
Come on and step up!! I'm here where are you?

xadboy

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: xadboy on February 03, 2017, 08:47:06 pm
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!!
im not even a fan of Clinton I just see unsportsmanlike and wanting to fight after a high school basketball game is even worse, get a life!

xadboy

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 03, 2017, 08:51:24 pm
im not even a fan of Clinton I just see unsportsmanlike and wanting to fight after a high school basketball game is even worse, get a life!
If you come at me personally then yes. That was not unsportsmanlike at all. Have some cheese with your wine idiot!

xadboy

Nice job Lady Warriors and Warriors!!

TheTruth2010

The only unsportsmanship I saw was when they finally put Garret in. If you gave the game up already, why not atleast let him shoot one time?

TheTruth2010

Quote from: mountainmangrizzly on February 03, 2017, 08:19:43 pm
OK that was some good basketball,  I'm going to nominate the alley from the Beeman kid to the Porter kid,or the Beeman kid stealing the ball and dribbling through the defenders leg and going down for a bucket, any takers?? That's a good ball team right there, look out.
So does that mean you believe they are a contender?

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on February 03, 2017, 07:11:43 pm
I spotted hitman, havent seen truth

was you the one that called me Hitman?  Maybe obvious question but as a fighter I was called Hitman so tons of people call me that.    Should have introduced your self?

mountainmangrizzly

I'm going to say this....they play like they did tonight. ..everyone better look out, this team is real!!! Guards are great...move the ball well, porter is very good, defense very solid and this Beeman kid made me laugh with the dribble/steal play, got a lot of  good  players , was very impressed. Contenders. .....our heck yeah

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: mountainmangrizzly on February 03, 2017, 08:19:43 pm

Both were great.  I got a, real good buddy  that works for Clinton he says yall are young.  so many good years yet to Come! I thought the had Coach pulled the starters to early but that's his call.  Good night for the Warriors,  Clinton season is just starting. 

Hitman Warrior23

February 03, 2017, 10:19:53 pm #75 Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:44:22 pm by Hitman Warrior23
Quote from: TheTruth2010 on February 03, 2017, 09:31:50 pm
The only unsportsmanship I saw was when they finally put Garret in. If you gave the game up already, why not atleast let him shoot one time?

I can agree Here is what I heard from the Head Coach I'm sure telling im sure a fella on this board,   I got my butt whipped by Russellville,  did ok against Clarksville  and kicked Lamars butt.  (maybe not exact wording but close to it) I mean honestly. WHY??? As a coach take the loss no excuses, he is obviously a good young Coach,  with a brite future but that's not the best way to lead just own the loss and get better.  BTW we don't have any move ins from Clarksville. ;)  GOD BLESS YALL! again Peede  should have said hi.  I wondered if it was someone on this board, and how did you spot me?

xadboy

Agreed hitman. But I don't like our boys being unsportsmanlike, because they are far from it.

Hitman Warrior23

No I didn't see anything unsportsmanship like tonight as well so I respectively disagree with some of these statements but it is what it is.  Can't agree with most people especially when your winning.  I say live and let live.

PeedeecreekBoy99

I told u bye on the way out hitman! It was good seeing you, would have stopped to talk if you wasnt on the phone

Hitman Warrior23

February 04, 2017, 12:40:02 am #79 Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 12:51:40 am by Hitman Warrior23
Quote from: PeedeecreekBoy99 on February 03, 2017, 11:36:51 pm
I told u bye on the way out hitman! It was good seeing you, would have stopped to talk if you wasnt on the phone
oh my bad. I own an insurance agency, and Coach 3 Travel basketball teams,  and a travel softball team,  and a farm owner and spend a day or 2 at a local boxing gym helping out (yes tooting my horn seriously just VERY VERY BUSY haha) I'm on my phone allot.   next time say hi and introduce yourself love meeting new people.   Best of luck to you and Clinton rest of the year

neds

Sounds like Lamar is the team to beat for state

mountainmangrizzly

Quote from: neds on February 04, 2017, 08:19:16 am
Sounds like Lamar is the team to beat for state
very well could be, they were rolling last night

Culppepermtn999

Quote from: xadboy on February 03, 2017, 07:53:54 pm
This is a ridiculous post. District tournament is coming up and I agree in taking out starters so they don't risk getting hurt. The coach from what I've heard has nothing to do with ever giving up.

PeedeecreekBoy99

smallybells

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on February 04, 2017, 12:40:02 am
oh my bad. I own an insurance agency, and Coach 3 Travel basketball teams,  and a travel softball team,  and a farm owner and spend a day or 2 at a local boxing gym helping out (yes tooting my horn seriously just VERY VERY BUSY haha) I'm on my phone allot.   next time say hi and introduce yourself love meeting new people.   Best of luck to you and Clinton rest of the year

Just out of curiosity, do you coach boys or girls? I am just wondering if we have crossed paths. I have a daughter that plays rec ball in the fall in the River Valley and runs the summer circuit pretty hard.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: smallybells on February 08, 2017, 09:58:56 am
Just out of curiosity, do you coach boys or girls? I am just wondering if we have crossed paths. I have a daughter that plays rec ball in the fall in the River Valley and runs the summer circuit pretty hard.

I coach girls 4th 6th and 9th.

4th and 6th are Warriors
9th Lethal/Mavericks

obviously Last year was a grade earlier.

What team and grade are they?

smallybells

February 08, 2017, 10:08:40 am #86 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:45:02 am by smallybells
Her rec ball is 5th grade Perryville this year.

Summer ball is 6th AR Lady Rebels out of LR (5th last summer).

I'm going to say we have been in the same gym a time or 2,lol.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: smallybells on February 08, 2017, 10:08:40 am
Her rec ball is 5th grade Perryville this year.

Summer ball is 6th AR Lady Rebels out of LR (5th last summer).

I'm going to say we have been in the same gym a time or 2,lol.

Oh for sure my name is Roger Sanders,  I used to coach several teams for Lamar in that league, my daughter is the blonde point guard for Lamar 4th grade (they are a special group).

smallybells

February 08, 2017, 11:19:00 am #88 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 11:24:05 am by smallybells
Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on February 08, 2017, 11:07:15 am
Oh for sure my name is Roger Sanders,  I used to coach several teams for Lamar in that league, my daughter is the blonde point guard for Lamar 4th grade (they are a special group).

Lamar girls are always tough in that River Valley league during the winter! My daughter is PG for Perryville and mainly a shooting guard for her summer team, they run a 3 or 4 guards and a 3 up offense so a lot of times it is just whoever gets the ball , as I'm sure you well know summer ball sometimes turns into a track meet,lol.

She has played some Lamar teams during summer ball as well in the past and has played the River Valley Rivals several times which I think has had a couple Lamar kids on it. Both teams are always well coached and disciplined. Best of luck this year!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas