• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

is lamar the real deal or what?

Started by PeedeecreekBoy99, January 27, 2017, 12:23:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PeedeecreekBoy99

hearing a lot of talk about Lamar. any thoughts?

TheTruth2010

They have as good of a chance as any team in 3a to win state. As much as some people hate to admit it, it's true.

PeedeecreekBoy99

TheTruth2010

They can be sloppy at times. If they are on they are very hard to stop.

BigMan15

They will for sure have a chance to win it all! Regionals will prove a lot! If they stay healthy they will have a deep playoff run..Charleston vs Lamar for the state title???? I like it!!!

TheTruth2010

Charleston will have to get hot soon. If it ends up being Lamar and Charleston I'll be fine with that.

BigMan15

I agree but Charleston has a little swagger to them right now that I havent seen before!! Granted we wont really know until we play Ozark, Paris and Subi! But first we got Waldron and Mansfield.

nastynice

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 27, 2017, 12:59:12 pm
I agree but Charleston has a little swagger to them right now that I havent seen before!! Granted we wont really know until we play Ozark, Paris and Subi! But first we got Waldron and Mansfield.
Nothing like going 1-3 in your last 4 games to give you a little "swagger!"

BigMan15

nothing like a bad education!!!!! 2-2 in the last four good try though. Did you go to school in Booneville?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Lamar has the talent of a Final Four team. They do tend to play out of control at times in the game I saw. And they are vulnerable, because if the big guy is out for whatever reason, they are a completely different team. But I would think they have as good a shot as anyone.

OLDSCHOOL82

January 27, 2017, 01:45:47 pm #10 Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:48:13 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Quote from: BigMan15 on January 27, 2017, 01:26:44 pm
nothing like a bad education!!!!! 2-2 in the last four good try though. Did you go to school in Booneville?

I believe ole nasty is going off maxpreps which doesn't include Hackett.  It states 1-4 in the last 5! ((2-4 in last 6 including Hackett!))  Nice try though.  Where did you go to school?

smallybells

nothing Nothing like a bad education!!!!! <Charleston is> 2-2 in the last four <games>, good try though. Did you go to school in Booneville?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: smallybells on January 27, 2017, 01:49:10 pm
nothing Nothing like a bad education!!!!! <Charleston is> 2-2 in the last four <games>, good try though. Did you go to school in Booneville?

What?

TheTruth2010

So Charleston beat Cedarville and Hackett, and now they are contenders again?

smallybells

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 27, 2017, 01:52:25 pm
What?

I just thought if he was going to insult someone about having a bad education, we should tidy up the grammar just a bit.

RTF

No, it means they already ordered the rings... Black and Silver; ain't those Chucks colors now?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: smallybells on January 27, 2017, 01:57:44 pm

I just thought if he was going to insult someone about having a bad education, we should tidy up the grammar just a bit.
Gotcha.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: BigMan15 on January 27, 2017, 12:50:17 pm
They will for sure have a chance to win it all! Regionals will prove a lot! If they stay healthy they will have a deep playoff run..Charleston vs Lamar for the state title???? I like it!!!

I want someone local to get it! Would for sure spice up the rivalry! (its a rivalry to us haha)

Redwolves8526

Goodness gracious. Lamar can't stop talking about themselves huh? New posters popping up left and right. Somebody shouldn't have told the players about FF

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on January 27, 2017, 02:13:50 pm
Goodness gracious. Lamar can't stop talking about themselves huh? New posters popping up left and right. Somebody shouldn't have told the players about FF
If you don't like it, you can leave. You don't have to read it. You just like to be a troll on Lamar.

smallybells

I kind of like the variety. It beats only having Charleston threads to read.

Hitman Warrior23

I think its actually a new Clinton poster Coach!

nastynice

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 27, 2017, 01:45:47 pm
I believe ole nasty is going off maxpreps which doesn't include Hackett.  It states 1-4 in the last 5! ((2-4 in last 6 including Hackett!))  Nice try though.  Where did you go to school?
Thanks for clearing that up OS. Some are focused more on records than wins. And only remember what they want to.

mountainmangrizzly

So can anyone tell me about this Beeman kid, I'm hearing he's the real deal, 32 on paris, 32 on pottsville, 29 on atkins,27 on dardenelle, sounds impressive, so do tell.....any word on this kid or is this all made up??? Want to see him play if it's legite

MICHAELSPAPPY

January 27, 2017, 06:04:10 pm #24 Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 06:06:04 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
Quote from: mountainmangrizzly on January 27, 2017, 05:50:56 pm
So can anyone tell me about this Beeman kid, I'm hearing he's the real deal, 32 on paris, 32 on pottsville, 29 on atkins,27 on dardenelle, sounds impressive, so do tell.....any word on this kid or is this all made up??? Want to see him play if it's legite

He is legit, but he won't overwhelm you, at least not visually. He is not fancy, just plays good basketball and gets the job done - VERY well. I would call him an Invisible Star.

mountainmangrizzly

I'm just starting to hear his name pop up and heard he is like you said a behind the scenes star,  and getting it done. Well maybe they can make a run, wish them the best, may try to check this kid out.

MICHAELSPAPPY

He is the sort of player that coaches notice, but that fans might miss - until they read the box score.

smallybells

From what I have seen this year, this Charleston team is not as good as last year and miles away from the team when Matthew Ward was there when they battled ECS. They have a 50/50 shot of making it out of Region 1.They have a 25% of making it past the first round of state. That is my prediction.

troll_patrol2017

Quote from: smallybells on January 27, 2017, 08:07:04 pm
From what I have seen this year, this Charleston team is not as good as last year and miles away from the team when Matthew Ward was there when they battled ECS. They have a 50/50 shot of making it out of Region 1.They have a 25% of making it past the first round of state. That is my prediction.
Got a ? for smallybells,  Why are you predicting what Chucktown will do on this "Is Lamar the real deal thread"? Also since you have predicted what Chucktown will do.... what do you think Lamar will do?

TheTruth2010

Yea Christian Beeman, he's not flashy but he knows how to put the ball through the hoop. He is forgotten about because of Lamars guards and big man. Everyone focuses on them and not Beeman. Kid can hit the 3 ball too.

neds

Sounds like Lamar is the team to beat this year

smallybells

I have to voice it in this thread or the Charleston faithful would just drown it out with nonsense and typing in CAPS. I think Lamar has a great chance at going deep into State and possibly winning it. The only drawback is you guys in that West/NW corner have a tendency to underestimate that Northeast corner and the central part of the state. We shall see, right?

smallybells

Harding,ECS,ECS,Cedar Ridge for the last 4 right?

mountainmangrizzly

Sounds like they better be focused on this Beeman kid and not the guards and big man if those numbers are right, js.....

neds

Quote from: mountainmangrizzly on January 27, 2017, 10:12:36 pm
Sounds like they better be focused on this Beeman kid and not the guards and big man if those numbers are right, js.....

You sound like the real deal. Good luck in the post season, score a lot.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: mountainmangrizzly on January 27, 2017, 10:12:36 pm
Why do you make it sound like you don't believe the numbers?

mountainmangrizzly

Cause me and my buddy follow this league and we just now hearing about this kid is all, not that I don't believe it was just saying they better start putting a man on him

BigMan15

Beeman is the real deal! Underrated ballhandler, eexcellent shooter, and finishes well around the basket. Which on this team makes Lamar even more dangerous with the other weapons they have!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Definitely the real deal. Sneaky good.

mountainmangrizzly

Got to look at some numbers from a good friend of mine,  he is really good, I just love high school ball and seeing a kid like this doing so well, especially as it seems everyone is overlooking him, good luck Lamar and to all the 3a schools.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: smallybells on January 27, 2017, 10:10:51 pm
Harding,ECS,ECS,Cedar Ridge for the last 4 right?
Last time I looked, Cedar Ridge was 2-17.

smallybells

I was talking about where the past champions have come from recently.

Head Lion

Before we give Lamar the trophy, can we make them beat at least one team out of the 3A3? They might have to beat 2 or 3, but at least 1?

TheTruth2010

And who would you like to see them play?

Head Lion

Osceola, Manila or Riverside just take your pick.

TheTruth2010

As in the same Manila team that lost to Buffalo Island Central? Lol

xadboy

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on January 27, 2017, 06:04:10 pm
He is legit, but he won't overwhelm you, at least not visually. He is not fancy, just plays good basketball and gets the job done - VERY well. I would call him an Invisible Star.
The kid has great instincts for the game. He seems to always be in the right place at the right time. He is silky smooth and faster than he looks. He's a good shot from beyond the three, but will drive the ball inside if stop the outside. He is legit. Lamar definitely wouldn't be where they are without him.

TheTruth2010

Head Lion

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on January 28, 2017, 06:48:40 pm
As in the same Manila team that lost to Buffalo Island Central? Lol
Yea, the same one that has 2 Regional Championships more than Lamar in the last 4 years and played Cedar Ridge to 2 on their home floor last year.

TheTruth2010

What does that have to do with this year? Nothing.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas