• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016-17 OSCEOLA SEMINOLES

Started by 501Arkansas, November 19, 2016, 08:58:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

Everyone is talking about Lamar but not the Seminoles?🤔Last year, the young seminoles picked it up and got together at the right time, by upsetting Two Rivers and ending ECS 9 game state tournament winning streak before losing to Charleston. Darion Gilmore is the best post player in 3A, and the Seminoles have great depth and athleticism in the backcourt. Osceola is looking to make a real deal serious run at the state title again and could be one of the favorites or if not the favorite to win state this year. After losing Sr guard Jamion Anderson Osceola Seminoles boys Sr high still is going to be pretty good. The seminoles are led by 6'6 Foward/Center Darion Gilmore(SR)who is the heart of the Noles. The noles are also followed by 6'4 Foward Noah Smith(SR), 5'9 Griffin Denkins(SR), 6'1 guard Derrel Brown(JR), 6'0 guard Mike Caruthers(JR), 6'2 guard Dante Adams(JR) who can flat out jump out the jump, Makai Caruthers 6'1 guard (SO) and last but not least Steveon Fowler 6'4 foward(SO). After the show case game last night the noles scored 99 points in 30 minutes. Osceola looks like they are ready. I talk to Gilmore he said long as they come together no one in 3A can beat them. He said he knows about Lamar and him and he's guys are ready to battle. Monday night come on out and watch the Seminoles start their run to state as they kick the season off playing Marianna. LET'S GO SEMIMOLES!!!!!!!

neaguru

Do the Seminoles play Marianna at home Monday?

501Arkansas

Radiotalker

Paperman

Radiotalker

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 19, 2016, 08:58:52 am
Everyone is talking about Lamar but not the Seminoles?🤔Last year, the young seminoles picked it up and got together at the right time, by upsetting Two Rivers and ending ECS 9 game state tournament winning streak before losing to Charleston. Darion Gilmore is the best post player in 3A, and the Seminoles have great depth and athleticism in the backcourt. Osceola is looking to make a real deal serious run at the state title again and could be one of the favorites or if not the favorite to win state this year. After losing Sr guard Jamion Anderson Osceola Seminoles boys Sr high still is going to be pretty good. The seminoles are led by 6'6 Foward/Center Darion Gilmore(SR)who is the heart of the Noles. The noles are also followed by 6'4 Foward Noah Smith(SR), 5'9 Griffin Denkins(SR), 6'1 guard Derrel Brown(JR), 6'0 guard Mike Caruthers(JR), 6'2 guard Dante Adams(JR) who can flat out jump out the jump, Makai Caruthers 6'1 guard (SO) and last but not least Steveon Fowler 6'4 foward(SO). After the show case game last night the noles scored 99 points in 30 minutes. Osceola looks like they are ready. I talk to Gilmore he said long as they come together no one in 3A can beat them. He said he knows about Lamar and him and he's guys are ready to battle. Monday night come on out and watch the Seminoles start their run to state as they kick the season off playing Marianna. LET'S GO SEMIMOLES!!!!!!!

Makai Caruthers could be special and the wildcard to make this team really good. He played awesome in the state tournament as a 9th grader.

Missco

Osceola is the real deal. Frankie gets it done. I have a lot of respect for him. They have a tough schedule but easy are 1 of the favorites to win state. Manila will also be salty. I think over time Rivercrest will get back to true form. I figure Frankie will coach another 2 years or so and as long as he is at OHS they will be good.

Head Lion

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

Head Lion

Just wanting to make sure there is a game, because it is not on Maxpreps?

Radiotalker

Seminoles open with a 96-71 win over Marianna. Play at Blytheville on Tuesday.

Radiotalker

Makai Caruthers remember the name. The Sophomore scored 26 and probably could have had 35 if he made FTs.  He can shoot the 3 and take it to the hole.

frederick lee

Makai is  definitely a baller I watched him all summer.

501Arkansas

Yeah the seminoles going to be something real serious and special

Missco

Chicks beat Osceola tonight 57-50. Gym was full up to capacity, people turned away. Sounds like all basketball teams in Miss. Co. will be good this year.

Paperman

People complaining about the officials tonight in Blytheville! A familiar lament! The guys in black and white stripes just can't catch a break! Osceola needs to improve its free throw shooting! It has been a real sore spot for them for a while! If they do that, they have a real shot at s title!

ISU7

November 23, 2016, 03:02:27 am #17 Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 03:04:32 am by ISU7
Quote from: Radiotalker on November 21, 2016, 09:11:57 pm
Makai Caruthers remember the name. The Sophomore scored 26 and probably could have had 35 if he made FTs.  He can shoot the 3 and take it to the hole.
I think he's their best player. He can flat out ball. I don't think he has an attitude problem like some of the others. Good luck to my cousins dad coach Gathen and his Seminoles high school basketball team.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Paperman on November 22, 2016, 10:56:56 pm
People complaining about the officials tonight in Blytheville! A familiar lament! The guys in black and white stripes just can't catch a break! Osceola needs to improve its free throw shooting! It has been a real sore spot for them for a while! If they do that, they have a real shot at s title!

I was there and the officials didn't beat them. As you mentioned FT shooting MUST improve. Also need to take better care of the ball. Time to improve all and be a viable contender.

ISU7

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 24, 2016, 09:16:17 am
I was there and the officials didn't beat them. As you mentioned FT shooting MUST improve. Also need to take better care of the ball. Time to improve all and be a viable contender.
One of the few times I agreed with you Radio. Kids these days wanna be like Stephen Curry and just shoot 3's, I guess they don't know how good of a free throw shooter Curry is. Osceola will struggle at the point position this season.

501Arkansas

Darion Gilmore finished with 30 pts, 12 rebs and a couple blocks in the marianna classic

Black and Gold

The Seminoles are going to be a dangerous team this time around. Really hoping Charleston and Osceola get to meet again in the tournament. Good luck to you guys along the way!

501Arkansas

Seminoles lost a close one to JA Fair(Little rock) by 2 points. Darien Gilmore finished with 18pts and 11 rebounds. Seminoles going to be dangerous just gotta pull it through and comeven on top. Season still young

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 25, 2016, 07:03:28 pm
Darion Gilmore finished with 30 pts, 12 rebs and a couple blocks in the marianna classic
Who did they play and did they win?

501Arkansas

Paperman

They played Marianna for a second time I believe!

Radiotalker

Quote from: Paperman on November 28, 2016, 09:38:56 pm
Quote from: Paperman on November 28, 2016, 09:38:56 pm

They played Helena West Helena and JA Fair

Radiotalker

Short handed Seminoles def Jonesboro Westside 72-69

Missco

ISU7

November 29, 2016, 11:43:48 pm #29 Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:32:31 am by ISU7
Quote from: Radiotalker on November 29, 2016, 09:31:18 pm
[/quote)Did they.play with 3 players against 5? Didn't JB Westside play Warren in the football playoffs. Maybe they weren't basketball ready either. 😷😎just kidding. Nice win Noles

501Arkansas

Makai Caruthers finished with 24 hit the game winning 3 with 3 sec left. Good game seminoles

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 30, 2016, 12:43:08 am
Makai Caruthers finished with 24 hit the game winning 3 with 3 sec left. Good game seminoles
Makai is a baller. Kid can play.🏀

501Arkansas

Seminoles will play Marion tomorrow at 7 in the west memphis classic

ISU7

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 29, 2016, 09:31:18 pm
Oh now I know why their short handed. My bad Radio

neaguru

Quote from: ISU7 on December 02, 2016, 11:53:38 pm
Oh now I know why their short handed. My bad Radio
Why are they short handed?

ChucktownTiger

That Charleston Osceola game was one heck of a game last year. Looking forward to another great season. You guys should make another deep run and have a shot at a title. Maybe we'll meet again. Good Luck!!

501Arkansas

ISU7

Quote from: neaguru on December 03, 2016, 07:37:36 am
Why are they short handed?
Because they are short players with short hands. Lol 😷😎

ISU7

501Arkansas

Osceola beats Manila 53-52 good game guys

501Arkansas

Gilmore finished with a triple double 16pts 10ast and 13rebs

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 06, 2016, 11:18:46 pm
Gilmore finished with a triple double 16pts 10ast and 13rebs
Where was this game played. Looks like Manila came to play.

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 06, 2016, 11:56:51 pm
Osceola
Thanks 501 ,Wow Manila played them close. Heard Woodall was injured. Any update.

501Arkansas

I have no clue yet couldn't make it. Seem like a real.good game, Noles play Rivercrest Friday at Rivercrest

ISU7

December 07, 2016, 12:30:33 am #46 Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:06:26 am by ISU7
Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 07, 2016, 12:18:13 am
I have no clue yet couldn't make it. Seem like a real.good game, Noles play Rivercrest Friday at Rivercrest
Crest has a few key players still shaking football season off. They'll be fine. They beat Harrisburg last night 72-52 Coach K will have them competitive.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on December 07, 2016, 12:30:33 am
Crest has a few key players still shaking football season off. They fine. They beat Harrisburg last night by about 20. Coach K will have them competitive.
Should be good

biglion1985

Yes woodall is injured but nothing serious from what I heard he should be back by friday night

ISU7

Quote from: biglion1985 on December 07, 2016, 02:35:53 am
Yes woodall is injured but nothing serious from what I heard he should be back by friday night
Good to hear, he's certainly a key player for Manila.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas