• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville vs Wynne

Started by The_Nation, October 08, 2010, 10:51:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bbb4

Quote from: User870 on October 12, 2010, 07:58:30 am
Why would you spend hours on here looking for that?  I never said that they posted it, I just said they think.

I was just teasin ya, I already knew there weren't any such posts on here because I'm like one of the 3 bb posters this year and I know that I didn't say anything like that!!  We know we have a tough road ahead but last Friday definitely did more for our confidence than the other teams we've beat. If the game is 80% mental, as some say, being confident is good.  It's the over-confidence that will get ya!!!

FD4

It seems to me that each season the one 2A game I absolutely will not miss, McCrory vs Augusta is on the Wynne Batesville night.  So I will miss my home team again in this game.  But I assure all who are there it will be a typical classic between Wynne and Batesville.  Like the Batesville coach once said, during this week all they do is line up and run the Wynne offense for three days and hope it works on Friday night.  This will be a good game to say the least.  Go Jackets.

InYoGrill

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on October 11, 2010, 08:21:57 pm
Quote from: InYoGrill on October 11, 2010, 08:14:53 pm
Quote from: C-Mac 73 on October 11, 2010, 05:53:09 pm
Wynnethis7, We DO have some players on this site, including me. I don't personally spend much time on here. I've always been respectful and given good insight. Just because I'm a player that likes to talk about football, does that mean I'm not focused? I promise you'll get to see focused from all the pioneer faithful Friday night (and I definitely don't "talk smack" in ALL CAPS. That is annoying and it makes you look like an idiot). Wynne has a great football program and I have tons of respect for them. You are doing nothing but making your school look bad.

C Mac have you been in the program for many years? I like your style youngen keep it up!
I'm a senior this year. Been in the Batesville program since 7th grade!

Good job CMAC. Hope you guys go far but just don't play V. I would have to root against you. I have a SR who also has played since 7th.

basscactchinfool

I say WYNNE wins this game in a close one first real competition BATESVILLE will see

BigD51

Quote from: basscactchinfool on October 12, 2010, 09:23:15 pm
I say WYNNE wins this game in a close one first real competition BATESVILLE will see
True it is the first real competition we will see, but what makes you think we lose this game?

Leather Head

Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 11, 2010, 08:10:47 pm
One of the best posters that used to post on this site was Tank, who was a starter for the Wynne Yellowjackets.  Class act, and very insightful...

Where is Tank?

BluffHawg

Quote from: BigD51 on October 13, 2010, 08:55:46 am
True it is the first real competition we will see, but what makes you think we lose this game?

Not taking into account mistakes (turnovers, penalties, etc).  It will be a close game through three quarters, but I think the size and strength of Batesville will wear Wynne down late in the game.  Batesville wins a close one.

BigD51

Quote from: BluffHawg on October 13, 2010, 09:03:10 am

Not taking into account mistakes (turnovers, penalties, etc).  It will be a close game through three quarters, but I think the size and strength of Batesville will wear Wynne down late in the game.  Batesville wins a close one.

oldplayer

October 13, 2010, 10:03:26 am #58 Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:07:47 am by oldplayer
Quote from: Leather Head on October 13, 2010, 09:02:20 am
Quote from: Rampage72501 on October 11, 2010, 08:10:47 pm
One of the best posters that used to post on this site was Tank, who was a starter for the Wynne Yellowjackets.  Class act, and very insightful...

Where is Tank?

Finishing up at Oauchita Baptist Univ. IF his plans are still the same he's going to NYU. He is going to school for theater/drama/chior.

As for the game. Since there my team, I pick Wynne in a slobber knocker. In reality, if both teams bring it this game is a toss up in my opinion.

BigD51

It will be a hard fought game, i just see the pioneers coming out on top due to size, speed and strength. 

basscactchinfool

If i am not mistaken the game is at WYNNE thats why i pick win to win this big time slobber knocker

FD4

We pulled off an upset last year, I give us a 50/50 chance of the same.  Less than 35 points scored in this game.  Possibly an OT game.

CIA

You can normally toss the records in this game because it will be hard fought by both......BUT......
If I were watching Batesville's film from last week I would be very scared.  It answers the few questions that remained.  We can run, pass and play D.  Which area do you want to attack as a weakness?  Yeah thats what I thought.
Batesville 24 Wynne 7.

Leather Head

I am going to try and get out of here and head to Wynne around 4, what a great place to watch a high school game.

User870

I plan on making the trip too.  I think Batesville will bring a crowd tonight!

BigD51

its always great playing in front of a big Batesville crowd!

The_Pioneer

Its odd, proportionally, we travel to away games better than we show up for home games. 

yeah

you guys from batesville going to keep us posted on the game tonight?

The_Pioneer

Depends.  I'm probably going to another local school's game tonight.  If I go, I won't have any idea what the score is.

wynneaholic©

Just wondering how many remember the mascot/mule showdown several years ago in wynne?  You young pups dont know anything about this but those who have been around should remember.  Chairs were flying out of the batesville stands at the wynne mule.  Absolutley the funniest thing I have ever witnessed.  I do believe the pioneer dude would of got ran over if he wouldnt of moved!!

yeah

your going to miss the bates vs Wynne game????????? oh my this could be bad for the neers    you think batesville has this one in the bag ?????????

Uncle Ivan

October 15, 2010, 05:25:03 pm #71 Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:31:12 pm by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: wynneaholic© on October 15, 2010, 04:16:15 pm
Just wondering how many remember the mascot/mule showdown several years ago in wynne?  You young pups dont know anything about this but those who have been around should remember.  Chairs were flying out of the batesville stands at the wynne mule.  Absolutley the funniest thing I have ever witnessed.  I do believe the pioneer dude would of got ran over if he wouldnt of moved!!

I was standing about 25 yards away, laughing my head off.  It was great.

The kicker was Elmer Fudd continually turning the key off, and a different siren making noise every time it was turned back on.  About the fourth or fifth time it made one of those Model-T style "aooooooooga" noises.

Rampage72501

It was classic!  Waiting to see how things play out tonight.

By the way, if you're gonna be in front of a computer, you can watch it live @ guardonline.com

The_Pioneer

Quote from: yeah on October 15, 2010, 04:31:29 pm
your going to miss the bates vs Wynne game????????? oh my this could be bad for the neers    you think batesville has this one in the bag ?????????

I hardly ever go to away games.  I have other things in my life that I'd rather do than drive to such garden spots as Wynne and Blytheville on a Friday night.

The_Pioneer

Batesville 7
Wynne 0

8:16 left in 2nd

mulerider12

oldplayer

First off. Hats off to Batesville. they played a great hard nosed ball game as did Wynne.

The final 17-13 Batesville.

Wynne's play caller needs to go away and fast!!!!!!!

Batsville has no time outs let. 1:18 left on the clock Wynne has 3rd and gaol on the 3 and winning 13-10.

OC calls an outside play, Wynne fumbles, Bates returns it 97 yards for the win.

What should have been called is a couple QB sneeks or kneel down or run the clock down as far as you can and kick a fieldgoal. Worst case Batesville has only 25 to 35 sec to go the length of the field.

Again, hats off to the Batesville players. They did there job. It was Wynne's own coach who took it from the Jackets and its not the first time.......

DeepCoverage

wynneaholic©

Must say it was 1 of the best games of wynne/batesville ever!!  hats off to batesville they are good, but wynne showed we can play with anyone.  Play calling is suspect but again at 13-10 you need the extra points for tie breaker in the end.  I would of kept it up the middle my self, they were tired on defense.  Heartbreaking for the kids, but we can bounce back and win the last 3 and finish 7-3 and get the 2nd or 3rd seed in the playoffs. 

Cross-Country Dad

Quote from: DeepCoverage on October 15, 2010, 10:36:22 pm
Lucky
I saw 2 TD brought back on a flag so I don't think I would be a sore loser.

lilfredbird

So Batesville had 2 TD brought back? So let me guess we had some flag happy zebra's at the game?

Jacket dad

Quote from: Cross-Country Dad on October 15, 2010, 10:47:58 pm
Lucky

Sore loser??? Batesville had legit penalties so they weren't touchdowns in the first place. (It's not a touchdown if your line had to hold to get the play.) Batesville was beat tonight, if you can't admit that, you were not watching the game. Batesville players were worn out at the end. Wynne beat themselves at the end with a fumble when they could have just sat on the ball. (But from the 3 yard line that's a hard call to make. It could have been our win at 20-13)
It was a great game to watch, as with all high school games, the zebras could have done better. It was a disappointing end for Wynne and I can't believe anybody from Batesville wouldn't consider it luck to get out of town with the win.

oldplayer

October 15, 2010, 11:19:33 pm #82 Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 11:24:27 pm by oldplayer
Quote from: lilfredbird on October 15, 2010, 10:50:46 pm
So Batesville had 2 TD brought back? So let me guess we had some flag happy zebra's at the game?

It went both ways. I for one am not sore at batesville at all. They played there hearts out. Same as Wynne, they beat Batesville. The Jackets did show they can play with anyone. Yes a simple dive play would have been a good call as well. My point was keep it simple and safe. I also understand your point about the total points later in the season but an outright loss blows that chance.

There is a lot of football left to play and some good things can still happen for the Jackets.

It was'nt just the game tonite. It has been happening for 3 years. "Very" dumb situational play calls.

BHS

Quote from: Jacket dad on October 15, 2010, 11:14:41 pm
Quote from: Cross-Country Dad on October 15, 2010, 10:47:58 pm
Lucky

Sore loser??? Batesville had legit penalties so they weren't touchdowns in the first place. (It's not a touchdown if your line had to hold to get the play.) Batesville was beat tonight, if you can't admit that, you were not watching the game. Batesville players were worn out at the end. Wynne beat themselves at the end with a fumble when they could have just sat on the ball. (But from the 3 yard line that's a hard call to make. It could have been our win at 20-13)
It was a great game to watch, as with all high school games, the zebras could have done better. It was a disappointing end for Wynne and I can't believe anybody from Batesville wouldn't consider it luck to get out of town with the win.

Wynne beat themselves? We can say that we almost beat ourselves then on all of the penalties. 2 tds called back and 2 missed fgs. Batesville is a better team, and wynne got lucky to keep it that close in the first place.

Uncle Ivan

Great game, pretty much what I think has already been said.  One thing, however, sticks in my craw.

In the south endzone in the 3rd some girls of ours go, bring signs, and cheer, my niece being one of them.  After making a play in that area, one of the Batesville players approached them and yelled "How about that, you f'ing b*tches?"  You don't say something like that, and especially to females.  Totally uncalled for.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: *Coach on October 15, 2010, 11:29:33 pmWynne beat themselves? We can say that we almost beat ourselves then on all of the penalties. 2 tds called back and 2 missed fgs. Batesville is a better team, and wynne got lucky to keep it that close in the first place.

Then don't commit stupid penalties if you don't want scores called back.

Fact of the matter is, Batesville was beat.  Sure, sometimes things happen, but you cannot say that Wynne was lucky it was that close being that they were played to a tie in the first half, got worn down in the 3rd and got their rear kicked the entire 4th quarter.  Wynne had the better team tonight.

Daman99

You are a moron. To say wynne was lucky is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Those flags were thrown before the runners were even passed the line of scrimmage. Batesville hasn't played anybody with a winning record all year and they were beat this game. Simpering as that. After watching the game and how hard both teams faught and how much pain the wynne players were in and for you to sit there and say wynne wasn't in it? Tht is pathetic. Batesville is a good team don't get me wrong. But wynne showed up tonight, but unfortunately it wasn't in the cards. Good luck to both teams.

BHS

Wynne lost, obviously they werent

BHS

Wynne scored right before half, after Batesville missed two fgs and got a td called back. It wasn't that close in the first half either

Daman99

And btw. Thank you batesville fans for yelling at wynne high schools broudcast crew durring game. For the fans to turn around and cuss high school kids over the clock when they don't even control the clock Is just wrong. Abosute worst fans on the planet. Embarressing behavior

BHS

Stop crying about everything babies. U lost, get over it.

Daman99

One fg wasn't even close and the other was givin after we fumbled in our own territory.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: *Coach on October 15, 2010, 11:48:58 pm
Stop crying about everything babies. U lost, get over it.

The only crying I heard was some Batesville people whining about the refs spotting their penalties instead of turning their heads.

"Come on refs, you're killin' us!"  - thought we were gonna have to call a waaaaambulance for it.

Daman99

Give me a break. Your the one on here making excuses on here for batesville. If that's the number 10 overall team in the state we have major problems in Arkansas.

BHS

Making excuses for winning, naa.

Okay, you don't like our fans. We get it. I bet those high schoolers at wynne have never heard a cuss word before. Anything else about our fans y'all want to cry about while your pitty party is at full strength?

Daman99

So your saying since kids have heard cuss words before it's ok to cuss them. Wow I wonder how your household Is ran? The kids play a good game and you get on here and give batesville a bad reputation is just sad.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: *Coach on October 15, 2010, 11:57:05 pm
I bet those high schoolers at wynne have never heard a cuss word before.

In high school, I could cuss to the point where it'd embarrass a drill sergeant.  Still can.

Doesn't mean I did it at a game, however.

BHS

Y'all got on here and said Batesville wa beat and wynne had the better team. The right team won tonight, and I'm sure they would if we played again! Wynne is good this year, but batesvilles mistakes kept this one close and everybody knows it. Wynne fans were going crazy if there was a penalty on Batesville! Now that's comical!

BHS

This isn't going anywhere. Good game. Hopefully you will not be a sore loser and be able to make a run in the playoffs.

olemissjacket99

Great game tonight!  Even got to see my ol buddy DeAngelo Williams...man he's jacked! 
I usually ignore negative posts but can't do it this time...
Dammned if you call this or run that or take knee or kick fg's...if Wynne would have won then no negative stuff would be posted and people like Old Player wouldn't have anything to say.  You just need to stay away from Wynne period.  I am sure you smile and say hi to the coaches but as they walk away you sharpen your blade. 

What gives you the right to bad mouth the OC or any coach ?  especially when  someone close to you was a former jacket.  I have seen the previous coach's rb's and yours would have had a tuff time holding a dummy against them  let alone play.  Best thing happend for you was that the current OC came just in time for you to get PT.  Previous coach probably made him a lineman. 

IF you don't like something, don't air it out and hide behind a handle.  be a man ...no wait --be an ADULT and have a meeting with the one you have a problem with.  maybe go into coaching and then you can make all the correct calls and we can all learn from you....

Good luck Jackets the rest of the way!!....ignore negative posts and negative people.......just give a big ol wave to Old Player the next time he comes to practice just to let him know that you appreciate his support!  (maybe he will give you his playbook and or a lil trophy of himself)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas