• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

battle of state champs

Started by SNWA, June 17, 2014, 08:08:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SNWA

I Know That It Is Just Camp, But The 6A Champion Gw LadyBulldogs Beat The 7A State Champion Conway Wampuscats 53 To 51 Today.

1umberjack$

June 17, 2014, 09:39:22 pm #1 Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:41:12 pm by 141571671
Great game (Conway had 2 starters out LOL (true story but I'm trash talking)). Glad you guys are at camp over here though. It gives me two teams to watch.  GW is my second favorite team until conference.

SNWA

Once again I know it is just camp, but GW has beaten everyone, including NLR, Fayetteville, Marion, Springdale, by double figures this week other than the 2 point win to Conway. One Cabot win away from going undefeated in the camp. And I know Conway will and should start out #1 in state and are loaded, but their studs were there this week including the Gatorade player of the year. Will be fun to watch them battle next year even though it wont count. The scary thing is that GW lost 70 percent of their scoring from last year and like Conway , will only get better. Start the season now......

DogsWin7

Camps help in my opinion.   I'm glad Greenwood won and performed well...I wouldn't expect anything less than %110 percent from them.   The rings were pretty :)

TheMercenary

(in my best AI voice)

Team Camp!?.....We Talkin 'bout Team Camp

Just kidding- no doubt these are 2 of the 3 best teams in the State!

SNWA

haha right....something to talk about during the off season.

Blindsided

Will GW be challenged this year by anyone in 6A?  What about Parkview or Hall?  Someone said Pine Bluff has two really good transfers.  Who else in 6A girls??

SNWA

Hall will always be a challenge. Parkview lost their scorer but never know who will move in. Have not heard about PB but do not see any others putting up too big of a threat. This GW team is completely different from last year. If they got hot shooting last year, you were in trouble. This year they are just really fast on offense and defense and play an up tempo transition game. If a team can slow them down or get them in foul trouble where they have to go to the bench, they are very beatable.

1umberjack$

what's up @TheMercenary and@Blindsided

the post player at Parkview is leaps and bounds ahead of where she was last year but I'm not sure if anyone can get her the ball.  If they go through her then look out.
I think Hall will be right back where they were but I don't think they will challenge GW.  GW's baseline runners are vastly improved.

I didn't see PB or Benton this offseason, but the 6footer from Benton has looked real good at elite camps, as good as the post player from Parkview but moves better...

BUT the above evals come from watching TEAM CAMP at Rogers and Cabot lol.

Blindsided

Yea, I heard that she (Benton's post player) worked out with UALR and they liked her a lot.  Maybe Benton will give GW a run this year.  What about the East?  Searcy, Marion, or Mountain Home?

1umberjack$

Quote from: SNWA on June 19, 2014, 01:52:50 pm
Once again I know it is just camp, but GW has beaten everyone, including NLR, Fayetteville, Marion, Springdale, by double figures this week other than the 2 point win to Conway. One Cabot win away from going undefeated in the camp. And I know Conway will and should start out #1 in state and are loaded, but their studs were there this week including the Gatorade player of the year. Will be fun to watch them battle next year even though it wont count. The scary thing is that GW lost 70 percent of their scoring from last year and like Conway , will only get better. Start the season now......

@SWNA Did Cabot beat GW at camp?  I missed that game. 

6A question...Marion and Sheridan aren't very good and I haven't seen Searcy or Mountain Home or Jonesboro

SNWA

1umberjack$

Quote from: SNWA on June 27, 2014, 09:45:38 am
nope Gw won by 10ish...

Oh ok. Who beat y'all ?  You said one win away. I'm just curious. I thought y'all went unscathed.

BigBobB

The Benton post player is Ann Marie Burchfield. She's a 6'2.5" Junior who has taken a couple of unofficial visits to UALR and went through the paces with several of the UALR players about a month ago. She likes coach Foley and coach D. There are several big schools (Duke, Kentucky, UC Berkley) that are following her - and of course most of the D2 schools in Arkansas. Not sure where she'll wind up. She's got two cousins that play for Tech (Hayden Burchfield and Caroline Eubanks) so Tech may be a possibility. She'll stay close to home. I think UALR will be her top pick if they come through with an offer. She's still got two more years of high school so anything's possible. Coach Chumley has been working her hard. Her move to Benton from Southwest Christian has been a good one.

SNWA

BigLion10

Snwa did u attend the camp if so how did my lady lions of england look I know they probably got thumped a few times but I'd like to get a outside observers opinion on the upcoming team

SNWA

Sorry BigLion I was not there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas